Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

MSI Rookie Squad Two (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard

MAPS


501 to 550 of 877 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Dublaine's View

Eudonius' View

Grigory's View

Krojun's View

Lady Trace's View

Some of the oddities with the way vision and light works in MapTools...if the character is in complete darkness, he doesn't appear on the map himself, and there's no way I can fix that, so Grigory is currently in C9 on the roof, Lady Trace is in B-, and Krojun is in H-6 (how's that view, Krojun!! :)). Everybody else can see themsleves. Also, I've had to remove some of the walls of Rimblesnuffin's for Grigory, as the program doesn't know he's on the roof, and therefore not blocked by the walls. Once he comes down from the roof, I'll put those walls back.

So to answer Grigory's question, from his point of view, he can see a tiny bit of dim light to the southeast, but all the parts north and north east are in total darkness. He can see enough in the dim moonlight to make out the shapes of buildings, but that's all.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

I'm a bit lost here, why can't I see myself? And watch is the object in (g,4)


Krojun, see above. You're currently in complete darkness in the alleyway (so MapTools won't even show your avatar), though you can easily navigate towards the light at the end. The object is a lamppost, I believe, the source of light in the street.


Male Elf Rogue/1

round 2:
Dublaine will move up to square 4b if I still see nothing I will proceed on (assuming movement available)toward 11b, but moving carefully least I put myself in a position that means I get attacked without back up from the others. Stealth =1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Unknown rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 7

Grigory:
Looking down into square C10, you see moonlight reflect off of something. You think it might be scales. Whatever or whoever it is still has concealment from you (50% miss chance if you decide to fire your bow, so roll 1d100 and high means you hit).

ROUND 2
Grigory
Unknown 2
Unknown 1
Eudonius
Lady Trace
Dublaine
Krojun

Eudonius heads past Lady Trace and right up behind Dublaine.

Lady Trace, you're up next.

Dublaine's View
Eudonius' View
Grigory's View
Krojun's View
Lady Trace's View

I added red X's to the maps of people who can't see themselves, though Lady Trace could look at Eudonius' map for an idea of where she is. There's nothing on it that gives anything away.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Round 2+:
If I see that Dublaine is heading blindly into what I assume to be the snake eidolon, I'll fire... 1d100 ⇒ 12 ... and miss badly. If he doesn't proceed all the way down the alley to B11 or sees the mystery being, I'll hold my shot.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

I'll post my action now out of turn because I won't be able to do it later to day do to work

Krojun walks towards the street and the shop. As he walk out the street he looks for the source of the sound.

Round 2:

Krojun takes a double move to (H,4)


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

I would like to add an action to my round two. Also I would like to point out that as a half-orc Eudonius has darkvision 60ft.

As Eudonius moves he draw a small vial from one of his pockets and drink its greenish contents.

His armor stretches with a metalic hiss as his frame grow in size becoming packed with muscles. His face adquire bestial features as the white of his eyes turn black. With every step his posture becomes more proned, like an animal ready to pounce.
Action round 2: Move and drink mutagen.


Dark vision is accounted for on the map. I'll move him back thirty feet so he can take his mutagen.


F Human Rog1

sorry my home internet is down so all I have phone, which feels slower then 56k dail up and I can't see map so guessing at that part.

Lady Trace reaches the street and races accross to the front of the shop and peers around the corner, if she sees nothing she will stealthily move down the alley toward the back of the shop.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Elf Rogue/1

since we can't seem to see much, from where are and Nazard's comment about using tactics, I am holding back until Lady Trace and or Grigory are with me. There is a reason cops go about with a partner after all. Someone feel free to direct affairs in terms of tactics, I'm good to follow your lead ;-)


Eudonius moves around the corner, pulling out a flask, which he drinks. The contents have an impressive altering effect to his physiology, but since it's pitch black where he is, nobody can notice the change as it's happening. When he comes out into the light, however, he will be considerably more buff than before.

Lady Trace dashes through the lamp light to Rimblesnuffin's, then starts creeping down the alley towards the back of the shop. Dublaine, having a head start, does the same, creeping down, ending up in B8.

I'm assuming that neither of you wanted the Stealth penalties associated with moving at full speed, nor the Acrobatics checks required to move at full speed in pitch black (forgot about those last round, and I'll give Krojun a break this time, but let's all remember from now on, the DC is only 10, failure means you can only move up to half speed, and that's only for moving in complete blackness), so I switched you to half speed once you hit the darkness. You both also stated you were being careful, which translates for me as moving more slowly.

Grigory:
Dublaine is moving up, and most likely into an ambush. However, just before he gets to the point where you would need to take your shot, he pauses.

Krojun dashes through the lamplight on the other side of the building, taking up a post under the lamp itself.

ROUND 3

Grigory
Unknown 2
Unknown 1
Eudonius
Lady Trace
Dublaine
Krojun

Dublain's View
Eudonius' View
Grigory's View
Krojun's View
Lady Trace's View


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Gaining momentum Eudonius starts to run, after crossing the from of the building and seeing Krojun guarding it and no enemies at sight he continues to push until the back entrance passing Dublain and Lady Trace on the way.
ggrrrrrrRR

Run to A11

Since I see in the dark I am not sure if I should roll a perception or not to pin point our foes. If needed here it is: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
If I see anyone I will yell.
PS:Somebody will have to light a torch or lantern. You guys cant fight in the dark. Who has one?


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Realising he can't stand by the light all night Krojun moves into the Copperhill's home. As soon as he is inside he tries to locate the Copperhills and asks to borrow a torch, lantern, flaming gobling anything that will shed light.

Round 3:

Krojun double moves to (E,-2)

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Growing impatient and uneasy atop a building that could collapse at any moment, Grigory feels helpless with his vision unable to pierce the blackness and silently laments his predicament. If he survives this, he vows to never be caught so unprepared for an altercation in the dark.

Round 3:
If the building is still shaking, I'll stash my bow, take out my sap and head down the rope.
(Out of the frying pan, into the fire, but at least I know Eudonius is on his way)
If the shaking has subsided, I'll wait it out another turn with my bow ready to fire if I see an open shot.


Male Elf Rogue/1

Dublaine realised that although he could work acceptably in the lower light, in truth his companions might struggle. All the time listening he tried to do something about the situation.

round 3:
ok assuming its ok, I am going to get out my hooded lantern, unhood it and light it. But being prepared for anything that might attack. I don't want to get caught out here.

Since I am new to Pathfinder game and importantly the rules (never played 3.5 or 3.0 for that matter), I don't know an awful lot about the details of the mechanics, when to call for rolls, what penalties etc. So I am happy to narrate my actions and for you to use that where it seems appropriate.


Grigory Climb check: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Just realized you don't have your saving throws listed anywhere, Grigory. Please get them added to your profile when you can.

Ouch! Grigory stashes his bow and descends the rope. Already trying to get his sap out as he comes down, he loses his grip on the rope and begins a plummet to the cobblestones below. Dropping his sap, he manages to snag the rope, painfully wrenching his arm, yet saving his skull from the hard ground. He dangles there 15 feet up, realizing how close he just came to a rather inglorious end at Eudonius' feet.

I'll leave it up to Grigory himself to decide whether he cries out or not. Good either way, your choice.

Eudonius barrels into the darkness and around the corner. He catches sight of Grigory nearly falling off his rope, and by the time he brings his gaze back to where he's going, he has only an instant before a large snake leaps from around the corner, snapping at him with long pointed fangs, that just miss his neck and bury themselves in his right shoulder. The snake's body then quickly wraps itself around the alchemist, crushing him hard.

Eidolon attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Free grapple check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Extra damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

As a side note, this snake is considered large-sized.

ROUND 3

Grigory
Unknown 1
Eidolon
Eudonius
Lady Trace (Sorry, but you can't see any of that happening. Grigory can make out that something bad just happened.)
Dublaine
Krojun


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

grrrrrrrrr

MAGNIMAR POLICE! You are under arrest! Come peacefully or there will be troub#!....mmmmmmmmmghmmmmm

Whatever you guys do it you better do it FAST!


By the way, talking is an immediate action, which you can do at any time, so calling out for help, for example, can be done at any point, and not only on your turn. And then, of course, people who haven't acted yet, could have the opportunity, if they wished, to change their pre-posted actions.

Just saying...

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"We need some light back here quick! I can't see a damn thing!" Grigory shouts, thankful the others didn't see his inauspicious tumble from the rooftop.


Male Elf Rogue/1

It looks as if Dublaine is still to go, in which case, he'll leave the hooded lantern to one side and go for an attack. Ok some questions up front: 1. Can I attack a large creature without incurring damage to Eudonius? 2. Can I attack with only melee or and ranged without hurting Eudonius one, or both?

Just as an aside if this thing is summoned - (I have no idea what we're fighting exactly here, is it a sumoned extra planner creature, some magical construct or a natural creature summoned like when druids some creatures to attack etc) then the summoner has to be close by.

Depending the answer her goes nothing

round 3 revised:

ok if I can happily throw daggers without hurting Eudonius I will do. But if there is a big fat penalty for doing so - such that there is also a risk of hurting a team mate, then instead I'll go for a melee attack looking to take out an eye or something squishy.

ranged dagger 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
if not melee rapier 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Just to be clear, Dublaine is lighting the lamp and putting it down on the ground, right? [metagaming]And to answer the aside: Yes, the summoner has to be somewhere nearby. I want to say within 60 feet. [/metagaming]


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Dublaine I dont think you can light the lantern and attack at the same round. And you can keep the lantern on your off hand while fighting with a rapier with no penality.

EDIT:
I am not sure in a grapple but firing a ranged weapon in meele has a -4 penality unless you have the feat prescise shot. You also have another -4 penality is one of your allies is in front of the enemy because it gives him cover, the feat improved prescise shot negates this cover. If you dont have any of those feats usually its a -8 penality but you dont hit your friends if you fail the check.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1
Eudonius Lynch wrote:
Dublaine I dont think you can light the lantern and attack at the same round.

Right. If he has tindertwigs he can light the lantern and draw a weapon. If he's lighting it with flint and steel it's a full-round action. Either way he gets a 5-foot step at the end if he wishes. For reference: Combat


Also, the snake is around a corner, so it would have massive cover bonuses against a ranged attack. He would end up with a net -12 penalty to his attack with a thrown dagger, so I'd recommend not bothering. He is free to move up and attack with his weapon, no penalty to attack, and the snake may have penalties to its AC for grappling. Also, the darkness is not total once you're in it. I'm stepping out of the rules a bit to take night vision into account: if you're in bright light, it's pitch black back there, but once you're in it, it's just incredibly dim. As such, I'm applying the 50% miss chance for attacking blind, but am allowing you to use sight to pinpoint the target square (like Grigory was going to do with his arrow).

So what it boils down to, Dublaine, is do you think it more important to make some light, or try to get an attack in? From the sound Eudonius made, it's reasonable to assume that something is seriously wrong, and you might not have the time to light a lantern. But that's a PC call, not a rules issue. Is Dublaine prepared to abandon Eudonius to danger and possible death a second time? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)


F Human Rog1

Sorry, my internet is up again. In Eud's view I am in b6 but the vision thing on my view looks as though I am somewhere near d4. so I am wondering why I can't see down the alley(sure it's dark and details are hard to make but with the open night sky and the distant glow of the street lamp I would see shadowy shapes at least)

Lady Trace draws her whip in one hand and her Short sword in the other. She quietly continues through the alley listening for and watching for anything moving, or slithering.
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

PS. don't ask how I don't have stealth trained, I don't know, I thought it was until I looked at the bonus.


Male Elf Rogue/1

Ok thanks for clarification, sorry reading reams of rules online is something I find really hard to do, so just bear with me. Anyhow Eudonius is in trouble and rogue or not, I have values, friends is one. So I move forward withdrawing my rapier, and move to attack the snake. I think my rolls still stand, although unless its AC is terrible I think I am going to have an hard time doing anything than being an annoyance. I would light the lamp, but then Nazard made a point in his post above that cannot be ignored - i.e. Eudonius is in deep trouble, don't waste time lighting a lamp, is how I read it. So attack it is.


Ah, right A11 for Eudonious, which puts the snake in B10, so only the -4 penalty for firing a ranged weapon into melee.

I didn't mean to imply that you HAD to go attack now rather than light the lamp. It wasn't a hint.

As for not being able to see, as I mentioned, once you're out of the bright lamp light, you'll be able to make out shadows and shapes.


Lady Trace draws her weapons and moves forward into the darkness. Pausing to let her eyes adjust, she sees shadowy Eudonious being grappled by a shadowy large-sized snake.

Dublaine rushes past her, rapier lashing out. The snake, constricting Eudonius, is unable to evade the rapier tip, and the weapon pierces its tough hide. The snake hisses in anger and pain.

Is Krojun still going to get a light?

Eidolon stats: AC/touch/FF 15/13/12 (currently 13/11/12) F/R/W +1/+6/+3; HP 13/18


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

I'm a bit lost atm do we have a ligth? If not yes, if we have I'll move towards the fighting and draw my longsword.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

No we do not. Dublaine did not light his lantern. But keep in mind that by the time it will take to go to the other house, find a lantern, light it and come back the combat may already be over. Paizo buffed the damage dealt a lot in pathfinder, most combats only last about 4 rounds usually.


There is no light back there at the moment, which reminds me, I forgot Dublaine's 50% miss chance on his attack. High means he hits...

1d100 ⇒ 79

Okay, we're good. But as I've said, once you're back there, you will be able to see enough to target a creature, just with the high miss chance.


Male Elf Rogue/1

Dublaine was grateful that his rapier managed to strike through the scaly hide of the huge snake constricting Eudonius. He only hoped that the others got here soon, so he could back off and light his lantern.

round 4:

Ok so I am going to continue to strike at the creature with my rapier seeking to find a soft spot, until the others can make it up to where I am and get that hooded lantern lit. To Hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 (oh forget that I am doing no more than being annoying). If possible I will shout to the others, so they know what is happening. If its possible to shift back without provoking an opportunity attack after missing in combat I will do.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Dublaine, you will have reinforcements by the time your turn in Round 4 comes up. I will be attacking (with 50% miss chance due to the darkness) to open Round 4. Lady Trace is also close enough to attack the snake (with 50% miss chance due to the darkness)


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Sticking to my plan and getting some light, might not be the best idea, but that's what I'll do.


Okay, Krojun can easily find a lantern inside the cafe, and gets it lit. In fact, it probably would have made sense that they would have had a lantern burning very low while they waited, and Krojun can grab it and turn up the wick.

ROUND 4

Grigory
Unknown 1
Eidolon
Eudonius
Lady Trace (Sorry, but you can't see any of that happening. Grigory can make out that something bad just happened.)
Dublaine
Krojun

Sorry, all, but I don't have the opportunity at the moment to do updated maps for you. Suffice it to say that Lady Trace can reach the eidolon this round, Grigory can if he makes his climb check (only needs the DC 10 check this time) or he can attempt the Acrobatics check to negate the falling damage and jump down. Either way, his sap is on the ground beneath him.


Krojun's View
Everybody Else's View

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Round 4:
After dropping to the ground as softly as possible, Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 If needed, Nonlethal Damage from the fall: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Grigory draws his scimitar as he moves behind the beast to flank it.
He strikes at the beast constricting his squadmate, hoping to forcing it into loosening its grapple so Eudonius can wriggle free. Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 39 Unlikely Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Finally having found some light and now being able to see any thing in the night, he hurries towards the sound he heard while drawing his longsword and preparing for the worst.

Round 4:

Krojun takes yet another double move to (b,8, while drawing his longsword


F Human Rog1

Why is the miss chance 50%? Shouldn't it be 20% for dim light, which is the level of light outside in starlight? 50% implies such darkness as to be equal to being blindfolded.

With three people tangling the snake, Lady Trace will strike at the snake as she passes by on her way to the back door to look inside and see what she see. She is looking for the summoner while the others deal with the summon.

Round 4:

Attack on snake
MC: 1d100 ⇒ 63
ATK: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Move to E,9, not worrying about stealth until I get to door, maybe, if he is inside, he will think I went around the other corner.
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


50% because I'm house ruling a new light level here where you still make out reflections on moonlight, enough to see where your target is, but still really hard to hit. The light level falls between "dim" and "darkness" is called "One cloud passes over the moon and we're screwed".


F Human Rog1

KK just being curious.


Grigory:
As you drop down and miss your attack, you hear a commanding voice from inside the shop, calling out, "What's going on down there?" and the sounds of metal clanking, like a man in plate mail walking around.

Grigory lands down below, awkwardly on the stairs, turning his ankle slightly (taking the 2 non-lethal damage you rolled). He slashes at the creature, but misses in the dark.

Eidolon grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
The eidolon does not constrict Eudonius this round, but instead moves him 5-feet closer to the cliff edge. "All of you back off and put your weapons down, or I take your friend over the edge," the snake hisses at you.

Meanwhile, the pounding beneath the shop continues unabated.

ROUND 4

Grigory
Unknown 1
Eidolon
Eudonius
Lady Trace (Sorry, but you can't see any of that happening. Grigory can make out that something bad just happened.)
Dublaine
Krojun

Rules on being grappled:
Grappled: A grappled creature is restrained by a creature, trap, or effect. Grappled creatures cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. A grappled creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple. In addition, grappled creatures can take no action that requires two hands to perform. A grappled character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level), or lose the spell. Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity.

A grappled creature cannot use Stealth to hide from the creature grappling it, even if a special ability, such as hide in plain sight, would normally allow it to do so. If a grappled creature becomes invisible, through a spell or other ability, it gains a +2 circumstance bonus on its CMD to avoid being grappled, but receives no other benefit.

Eudonius' View

I made a mistake with my last map view, forgetting to make the eidolon appear large.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Eudonius drop his sword wriggling violently his limbs in an desperate effort to free himself.
I'L KILL YA! I'L KILL YA!
I'L F&$%# KILL YA!

He bites the snake near its the head thrust in deep his oversized tusks. Blood flows everywhere.
Bite Atk: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 = 15
dmg: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


"AAAAUGHHHH!!!!" the eidolon screams in pain and rage. "Now you die, worm!" and it prepares to throw itself and Eudonius over the Escarpment.

Grigory
Unknown 1
Eidolon
Eudonius
Lady Trace
Dublaine
Krojun

Sorty, Teace. Forgot to delete the part about not being able to see anything when I copy and pasted the unit order. You can definitely make out the shadows.


Male Elf Rogue/1

"Where doyah think you're going?!

Dublaine said as the snake sought to take Eudonius with it, over the edge. Though in truth, Dublaine was trying to enrage it away from the side. If it went, could he stop it anyway?

round 5:

1. ok can I aid Eudonius in trying to escape? 1d20 ⇒ 7 without escape artist skill applied, with = 14?

2. Failing that then I will want to try and attack it, see if I can make it come toward me, instead of taking Eudonius over the edge. Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19. And damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

3. If neither of these possibilities are going to work I think I might try to secure a rope and have Eudonius grab the other end, that way, if the snake goes, there might a chance it will fall off him and he might be able to hang on? Anything to stop what could be a train wreck of a character death. But I'll let you decide what is most feasible given what I can see and know at the situation.


Sorty, Teace?? I hate posting from my phone sometimes. Obviously (or perhaps not obviously), that was supposed to read, "Sorry, Trace."


ACK! I completely missed Trace's post. It was perfectly formatted and everything. I could blame Dublaine, since he has his round marker one ahead, and I was waiting for Trace's round 5 post, but that would be a lie. Sorry for that folks, we could have had this resolved by now.

Lady Trace slashes at the snake, missing in the dark, then moves around the creature and past the doorway. Glancing in, she sees mostly darkness. A bit of light flickers inside, coming from the southeast corner room. It provides just enough illumination to make out a metallic reflection of what looks like an armoured figure.

Dublaine's miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 68
Dublaine, seeing that little chance remains of a negotiated release of Eudonius, summons his courage, lunging for the eidolon with blade extended. His rapier catches the snake under the jaw, penetrates the thick skin, and exits the top of its head. Its muscles spasm momentarily as the metal shreds its brain (choking Eudonius for just a moment), before the momentum from both snake and rogue carry it over the railing, Dublaine just catching himself on the marble. Hanging three hundred feet above Lowcleft, he watches the snake writhe as it falls, evaporating into dust a hundred feet above the houses below.

Sweet pain fills Eudonius as air once again rushes into his bruised and battered lungs. Light also pains your eyes as Krojun jogs around the corner carrying a lit lantern.

The ground continues to shake and the muted pounding sounds of rock against rock continue from the open doorway of the jeweler's shop.

COMBAT OVER

Map Views Updated

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"Nicely done, Dublaine! But I heard someone inside as I was on my way down from the roof," Grigory shouts as he grabs his sap from the ground and sheaths his scimitar.

"Someone had best tend to Eudonius. Krojun come bring the lantern and let's see what's going on inside the shop."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Approaching the back steps with Krojun and his borrowed lantern, you peer inside. You see a narrow hallway. One door on the south stands open opposite a flight of stairs leading up to the second floor. On the third last step stands a burly man in full plate mail wielding a massive bastard sword in one hand and a spiked shield in another. Both armour and shield bear the unique design of the Hellknights.

The Hellknight either ignores you or doesn't notice you (and your light). His attention is on an open trap door just passed the stairs.

"Throw down your weapons and surrender or you will taste my steel!" the Hellknight bellows.

Sorry, posting from phone, so no map update. The hallway can hold two of you in combat spacing, should you decide to engage the Hellknight in battle. If you wish, you would have surprise, though I would need a Will save from you before any attacks.

501 to 550 of 877 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.