Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


MSI Rookie Squad Two (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard

MAPS


451 to 500 of 877 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Elf Rogue/1
Lady Tracy Shannon wrote:
Lady Trace, noticing Dublaine's problem stands in between the light so as to cast her shadow on the glass so he can see through it, all the while listening to the conversation..

Thanks Lady T, boy do dice make you feel dumb


Dublaine wrote:
Lady Tracy Shannon wrote:
Lady Trace, noticing Dublaine's problem stands in between the light so as to cast her shadow on the glass so he can see through it, all the while listening to the conversation..
Thanks Lady T, boy do dice make you feel dumb

Yeah, but it's super fun to incorporate the bad rolls into the story as well as the good ones (though it is more satisfying to feel like your character's good at something). I'm sure the dice will turn around soon.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

While his friends talk to the other shop onwers Eudonius follows the gnome inside his shop making a mental layout of the premises.
Tell me Mr Rimblesnuffin, how do you call that extra security from Guards and Wards if the need arrises?


"They are summoned automatically if my alarm or any of the traps are triggered. I can also call for help by crushing this crystal."

Rimblesnuffin hands you a crystal. Eudonius recognizes the like from the one in Flynn's personal effects.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Thank you Mr Rimblesnuffin, it may come in handy. The half orc says while storing the crystal in one of his outfit's many pockets. I will return it to you in the morning. He complements while following the gnome to the safe.


F Human Rog1

She speaks quietly, "Hey Grigory, please pass me one of those." she points to one of the cherry filled sweets.


Male Elf Rogue/1

Dublaine, makes ready to get to the top of the building, taking his time. Given that jitters he seemed to be suffering read bad dice throws it wouldn't do to fall off the roof, or trip before getting in place.

climb roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 to see if I can get on the roof ok to get a good view of what is going on and then perception for keeping an eye out 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Eudoinus follows the gnome back into the back hallway. Rimblesnuffin activates a switch hidden in the wall behind the stairs, then pulls up a trap door leading down into an unremarkable cellar, save for the floor-to-ceiling safe built into one corner. He enters the combination and opens the door to reveal a thick-walled chamber lined with shelves. He puts the enjoiner on one of the shelves and reseals the safe, leads you back upstairs, and reactivates the switch.


While Grigory and Lady Trace stuff themselves with cherry strudel, Dublaine successfully makes his way onto the roof. It provides an excellent vantage point for watching the entire area around Rimblesnuffin's. At the moment, however, he sees nothing suspicious.

Downstairs, the Copperhills are most helpful. "Of course, he can stay here. No question. Use our shop however you need."

MAP UPDATED


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

After the gnome merchant finish storing the enjoiner Eudonius awaits for his collegues in the front of the store, keeping an eye at the street through the front windows.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"I'll give the good news to Mr. Rimblesnuffin then," Grigory says, giving a quick glance out the window before leaving the Copperhills' residence and heading across the street.


Male Elf Rogue/1
Nazard wrote:
Dublaine successfully makes his way onto the roof. It provides an excellent vantage point for watching the entire area around Rimblesnuffin's. At the moment, however, he sees nothing suspicious

Yeh, now there is little chance I'm coming down unless falling right side up is an automatic success :-)

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"Mr. Rimblesnuffin, the Copperhills have offered for us to use their residence for the evening, both as somewhere for you to take shelter and as a vantage point for our stakeout." he tells the gnome.

"Eudonius, perhaps we can figure out a way to watch the sides of this building that aren't visible from the Copperhill's rooftop. I was thinking of trying to rig up an alarm of sorts along the cliffside path as well."

Is there a dice roll required for me to use my string and bell to make a tripwire across the path?


The hard part of that kind of trap is hiding it, and I think camouflage falls under Survival.

Rimblesnuffin readily agrees to take refuge at the Copperhills, muttering something about apple danish...

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Looking at the map... the exterior stairs at Rimblesnuffin's along the cliffside path go from street level up to the second floor, correct? Trying to figure out where to set up to watch that side of the building and where to set the tripwire up...


No, that little set only goes to the downstairs door. If there's an opening on the second floor wall above the stairs, it's a window.

As for the wire, you could attach it to the door itself, or across the base of the little stairs.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

I actually wanted to place it across the path at the corner of the building immediately north of Rimblesnuffin's... (from the SE corner of that building, 5 feet straight across to the wall at the edge of the cliff). Is there ample cover on the top of those small stairs for me to hide there and watch the path to the south?


Just a wooden railing.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1
Nazard wrote:
Just a wooden railing.

Curses! Foiled again!

Grigory affixes his makeshift alarm tripwire across the clifftop path at the southeast corner of Rimblesnuffin's shop, doing his best to camouflage its presence. Survival: 1d20 + 7

He then offers Dr. Lynch his choice of stakeout positions, atop Rimblesnuffin's roof or the narrow portion of pathway at the southeast corner of the building to the immediate north.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Oops, used the wrong tag for that roll...

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

I'll assume Eudonius takes the position at ground level. If the group prefers he go over to Copperhill's and discuss strategy there, that's fine as well, I'm going up to the roof.

Grigory gathers himself before beginning his ascension to the rooftop of Rimblesniffin's shop, knowing Dublaine had likely made scaling the side of the Copperhills' building look easier than it really was.

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Breathing a sigh of relief once he reaches his post, Grigory gives a wave across the street to Dublaine and sets about locating himself in such a way as to avoid detection from anyone approaching on the street.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

From his perch atop the building, Grigory readies a blunted arrow on his bowstring and keeps a keen watch on the streets below, hoping to spot the team's suspect in time to catch him by surprise or at least praying he'll have some warning before Rimblesnuffin's shop collapses beneath him.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Elf Rogue/1
Grigory Reinhold wrote:
Breathing a sigh of relief once he reaches his post, Grigory gives a wave across the street to Dublaine and sets about locating himself in such a way as to avoid detection from anyone approaching on the street.

Dublaine waved back. To one side stood two daggers neatly set for easy access and off to the back of the roof, he'd tied his rope for an easy descent. Using his skills to hide stealthily he got ready for what could be a long wait. Making sure that he was comfortable but not crampt so he'd be ready to act as well as able to see all angles affording him from his view point.

Dice for stealthily hiding 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Good call on the descent rope... I guess the Survival roll I used for hiding can go towards tying a descent rope at the NE corner of Rimblesnuffin's if a roll is needed. I'll roll Stealth for hiding if needed:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Okay, map is updated. If anybody else would like to specify a stake-out location, let me know. Also, what are those of you inside the cafe doing about lights, etc., and how late do you wait before settling down for the watch?

MAP UPDATED

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

As long as I can see the main street in both directions I'm good where I am. I would suggest interior lights at Copperhill's be put out, exterior lights, if applicable, should be lit or left lit.


There are city street lamps (not sure if you can make them out or not). I think Rimblesnuffin's roof is sloped (will have to check my notes).


F Human Rog1

Where's my post? :(

Lady Trace has the idea of a deception just in case someone is watching. Anyone not already posted somewhere will leave with her to towards the barracks but after a few minutes they will sneak back and enter through the back, while the Copperhill's will put out their lights as though they went to bed. This is so if anyone is watching they will think the investigators have left.

Unless someone objects this is what she does. She will also recommend those not on the roof to get some shut eye and replace the others in shifts.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

"God idea" Krojun mumbles and follows Lady Trace.

Just getting up to speed on what has happened, I should be able to resume normal posting schedule now.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Just for reference, what time of night is it at this point?


At this point, it's about ten in the evening.

So with the look-outs in position, Lady Trace has the Copperhills put out the lights downstairs, leaving the back door unlocked, and head up to bed. Grigory can easily see the progress of their lantern light heading upstairs, to appear in an upstairs bedroom window. As Lady Trace, Krojun, and Eudonius head out the front door and leave, the light upstairs goes out. Five minutes later, Dublaine (but not Grigory) see the trio return and slip into the back.

The hour is not too late, and there are people about, some heading home, some heading out for a night on the town, some are City Watchmen on patrol. As the pedestrians thin to nothing by midnight, so too do the patrols.

A crisp coolness fills the air. Grigory and Dublaine both see puffs of breath in front of them in the dim light of the half moon. While all is quiet up here, Grigory can hear jovial sounds of laughter, music and dancing, ever so faintly wafting up from Lowcleft below. The arts district of Magnimar is as alive as ever, it seems, despite the hour and the chill. By about two in the morning, however, even the yuppie partiers below seem to call it quits.

GM rolls:

GP: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 16
DP: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 = 22
VS: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27
WS: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
VP: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
WP: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 20
TP: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 4 = 12
EP: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12
KP: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 4 = 12

Dublaine:
About half past two in the morning, Dublaine sees movement (though he doesn't see anybody, just movement) past the south west corner of the building just north of Rimblesnuffin's.


Male Elf Rogue/1

Seeing the movement, Dublaine consciously began to unwrap himself, slowly. Avoiding all the usual pitfalls of pulling a muscle that had gone to sleep or kicking out in a jerky fashion and making some avoidable noise. He kept his gaze focused on the scene before him, whilst also occasionally sweeping the rest of the scene, to make sure he didn't miss anything. When things kicked off, from what previous events seemed to tell, it would be quick and deadly. He wondered at this point how he might alert the others to the presence of the potential felon, but guessed that his actions would have to speak to that as there was little else he could do. But he'd have to time to time it perfectly, who was to say that this wasn't just some poor unfortunate, who'd picked the wrong time and place to be here, or even a decoy!


Ok I'll wait till it seems obvious this is our man before sliding down the escape route and making my way to the scene. Stealthily if need be:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


About a minute after Dublaine spies some movement, everybody hears a soft, muted sound of rock hitting rock, coming from the jewelry shop.

Grigory:
Grigory feels the building beneath him begin to shake, as if someone were hitting it with a large sledgehammer, and the crashing sound is much less muted, as if the very walls of the building were transmitting the sound to his ears. He also hears a humanoid voice speak a word from the darkness below, and the rear door of Rimblesnuffin's opens.


At this point, I'm going to move things into combat rounds.

Initiative:
Grigory: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Dublaine: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Trace: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Eudonius: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Krojun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Unknown 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Unknown 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

ROUND 1
Grigory
Unknown 2
Eudonius
Unknown 1
Lady Trace
Dublaine
Krojun

Please see discussion thread for combat protocols.


F Human Rog1

She moves out the back and around through the alley (b,-4)


Male Elf Rogue/1

Dublaine

Dublaine's actions:
Will move to the alley way B-1 and then head in a straight line toward the source of the disturbance. He is using all his eye sight and perception skills allow. Also I have drawn two daggers to throw before, drawing my rapier and move up into melee, if permitted. As I draw my daggers, and assuming know one else does, I will tell the person to halt in the name of the law!

Dice roll for throwing daggers 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Dublaine moved swiftly from the roof, feeling the ground shudder under foot he was sure they'd finally caught up with their mysterious building wrecker. Now the trouble was, could they capture him without bringing the place down around their ears.


First off, please everybody post actions under a spoiler headed with "Round X". It's an easy way of making sure that folks don't double post actions for the same round. Also, Dublaine and Grigory, you may climb down the ropes (taking 40 feet of your movement Climb DC 10) or try a Climb DC 15 check to slide down only taking 20 feet of movement. Dublaine, you could draw a single dagger first to hold in your teeth, or draw one weapon as a move action once you're on the ground.


Male Elf Rogue/1
Nazard wrote:
First off, please everybody post actions under a spoiler headed with "Round X". It's an easy way of making sure that folks don't double post actions for the same round. Also, Dublaine and Grigory, you may climb down the ropes (taking 40 feet of your movement Climb DC 10) or try a Climb DC 15 check to slide down only taking 20 feet of movement. Dublaine, you could draw a single dagger first to hold in your teeth, or draw one weapon as a move action once you're on the ground.

round 1:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 this is +5 for climb to try and get down quick ok made it so down quick and retrieve throwing knife from my mouth as I move over, declare my warning and make ready to throw at the first sign of hostility.

While we're waiting for Grigory to post (I'll give him until tomorrow as I'd hate to GMbot a player's first combat action of the campaign), I realized that I goofed on one of the baddy's initiative modifers. Unknown 1 will go just after Unknown 2, and before Eudonius.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Sorry, I was out of town for the weekend. I'll post in the discussion thread first to make sure I understand everything and to check if I can actually do what I'm planning on doing.


F Human Rog1

Sorry about that, been rather focused on my final and paper which are due this week.

Round 1:

She moves out the back and around through the alley (b,-4)


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Not having seen or heard anything Krojun stands still watching his companions actions for clues.

Round 1:

Krojun does nothing

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Grigory silently curses himself for being caught off-guard atop Rimblesnuffin's rooftop and quickly contemplates his options. Hoping his comrades will be arriving quickly, Grigory strains to get a view of the source of the impacts below and to see who or what opened the door.
Do I need a roll here?
Leveling his arrow on the suspect(s), he shouts, "Magnimar City Watch! Stop in the name of the law!" readying himself to let loose the projectile.

I'll wait for more info before posting my actual move/combat actions.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

If I can't see anyone/anything, I'll just stay silent rather than shouting and alerting them to my presence. I'll aim at the door but hold my fire to give my squadmates an opportunity to get into position.


Grigory takes aim at the back stoop with a blunt arrow, waiting for an adversary to show itself. Alas, he sees no such figures.

Eudonius heads for the back door, opening it for Lady Trace, who slips past him with a nod.

Meanwhile, Dublaine scurries down the rope at top speed, shouting a warning and command to halt.

ROUND 1
Grigory
Unknown 2
Unknown 1
Eudonius
Lady Trace
Dublaine
Krojun


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

I have posted my action above.


F Human Rog1

Actually he said we all heard it, so you might revise that, unless you have a reason for not hearing it.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Ahh, missed that information.

Excited by the possibility of something happening, Krojun follows lady Trace and head the other way around the Copperhill's house.

Round 1:

Krojun takes a double move to (h,-6)


And we're back to Grigory (top of round 2), who has yet to see anything in the darkness.

As a side note, I use the latest play test rules for the new Stealth skill, so if you aren't familiar with them, it would be a good idea to search the Paizo blog for them. Sorry, I'm on my phone at the moment, so can't easily look up the URL for you.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Judging by the sound of Dublaine's shout, Grigory gathers that reinforcements are still a few seconds away from arriving.

Round 2:
Grigory mentally readies himself to climb or jump down from the rooftop should trouble arise, but forces himself to remain still and silent despite the unsettling rumbles below. Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 ... Still hoping Dublaine's shout will elicit some sort of movement below and reveal the position of their suspect or suspects, Grigory strains again to make out any motion in the shadows. Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 and keeps his bow drawn to unleash a blunted arrow in hopes of incapacitating any target that presents itself with a nonlethal blow.

451 to 500 of 877 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.