Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


MSI Rookie Squad One (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard


151 to 200 of 1,212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

"They were both questioning the wizard, Master Trintarian." she admitted, looking down at the stretcher, now loaded with Bryden Flynn's body with one of Miss Ivana's sheets covering him. She was slightly concerned about getting him out to the wagon now, he had been difficult enough to get onto the stretcher, since their muscle was otherwise engaged.


Male Elf Wizard 1

"Alright, lets get this body loaded up onto the carriage," Issceran suggested.


Barin Orcbane wrote:
Rogar nods, keeping the questions coming:"So you would describe your relationship with him as purely professional? And what about the other shop owners? What's your opinion about them?"

Trintarian sighs, exasperated. "Yes, it was just professional. Mr. Flynn didn't exactly move in my circles. As for the other shopkeepers, they are decent enough folk to share a building with. Rav is a racist bigot, of course, and over charges anyone not of Chelish descent, especially Varisians. He's always sniping at Yvana, Magda, and Kovesna, and the three of them would love to see him ousted, but none of them have the means to bring down a building, despite all the so-called Varisian magic and fortune telling Magda pawns off on the ignorant out of the back room of her shop."


As Issceran and Simza struggle to lift the stretcher into the carriage, two sets of hands appear to assist - one human, one more green skinned. Looking up, you see Timmons, Percival's assistant, and a bald, rough-looking half-orc. "Need a hand?" Timmons asks.

Once the body is loaded into the carriage, Timmons continues. "Where is Mr. Audalan? Ah, there you are. I'm sorry to do this to you all, but Captain Percival is making a small change to your team, as we've found a more productive assignment for Mr. Audalan. However, not wanting you to be down a man, Mr. Silverclaw here has been assigned to MSI. I'm certain you will find his skill set quite helpful. Mr. Audalan, shall we?"

Timmons lets Vic say his good-byes, then the two leave, Vic offering the rest of you a bemused shrug as he follows.


Male Elf Wizard 1

Once the body was loaded up into the carriage Issceran looked to the half-orc with a quizzical gaze. "Hmm, Mr. Silverclaw is it?" He arced a brow and offered the newest addition to the MSI team a curt nod. His gaze was intense, a hand coming up to stroke his chin thoughtfully. The MSI is quick in coming up with replacements, he thought. I wonder what sort of budget we exactly have... He slowly smiled and extended a hand to the newest addition.

"Issceran Helyanwë, scholar, linguist, and arcane practitioner. Its an honor to meet you, Mr. Silverclaw."


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Takes the hood off to better look the elf over, taking about four seconds to size him up. Currently standing up straight with his muscular forearms crossed over his chest.

I'd shake your hand, but I'm afraid I'd break it. Guess that'd make you the bookworm here, right?

Looks around at the others with a confirming stare, then brings his attention back to Issceran.

...It's Koraq. Never been the formal type. So give me the skinny here. What happened and how does the stiff fit in with things?


Male Elf Wizard 1

"You're arrogant, Mr. Silverclaw, or sure of yourself. No matter which, I am sure you are a fine addition to the Magnimar Special Investigations team." The elf smirked, looking down on the man before he turned from him and gestured to Irefoot Hall.

"This is one of two sites which have suffered a collapse. After we have concluded our questioning, we're going to proceed to the next site. The 'stiff' as you called the poor man was a guard who died. Our findings seem to suggest his body was dragged from where he must have been initially assailed at. Ms. Caumlo has inspected the body and has a better knowledge of the potential cause of death. Right now Mr. Orcbane and Mr. Bathbone are talking to the shop-keeps."

He paused and looked back to the half-orc. "We found a small slip of torn paper with the City Planner's Office logo. If you'd like, you can give the site a look over yourself but its in shambles currently. We feel we've found everything we can here at the site. I need to talk to a representative of the City Planner's Office who should be at the next site."


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7
Rasil Bathbone wrote:

Not noticing anyone unusual in the crowds, Rasil slipped away from Barin and Trintarian.

The gnome set about trying to locate Rav Kinmin. Madame Ivana indicated that the owner of the Cherished Chelish, Rav, worked late. I'll need to talk to him.

Hmm... I'll also need to talk with Magda Smirtrova of All That Glitters. And see if anyone was at Kovesna’s. So much to do!

Rasil noted the half-orc's introduction to Issceran and thought, He looks familiar. Was he involved in that illegal pit-fighting situation?


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Koraq lets a slight grin slip at the elf's ire and says "Why can't it be both?" before turning the grin into a low chuckle.

So, "Mr. Helyanwë", as I see it, the guard was killed, tossed over here, THEN someone knocked down the place? Lousy way to hide a corpse if you ask me.

Koraq finally relaxes his arms, revealing a metal reinforced glove on his right hand as looks over the site.

You guys figure out where he was killed originally?


Male Elf Wizard 1

"Too many people were on the site before we arrived to tell. Footprints litter the area so we can't tell where his body was dragged from but it seemed apparent that he was," he explained, hooking his hand on the strap of his satchel. "I don't think we have enough to go on. As I said, Ms. Caumlo looked the body over and has a better working knowledge of medicine and anatomy. I can say its peculiar how he may have died considering his wounds. Once we get back to headquarters, I am sure you can get a good look yourself."

"I don't think the body was meant to be hid so much as it was alluded to as the cause of death being related to the collapse. I think the poor man was just in the wrong place at the wrong time."


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Hey, gypsy, Koraq shouts as he starts walking to Simza. whatcha thinking killed the guard? Couldn't have been a beheading or anything like that if they wanted to cover up the cause of death by taking out a shop.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin grunts hearing the exasperation in Trintarian's voice, but he doesn't seem to care much for it:"And how would you describe the relationship between the other shop owners and the deceased?"


"I never noticed. Here's a thought, though. Why don't you go ask them?"


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza was rather surprised by the aid of Timmons of all people as they were struggling to slide Brynden's body home into the wagon. She was grateful for it however, and thanked the man before he whisked Vic away, and left a Half-Orc in his place. "And this group just got a little stranger." she observed with a small smile, about to greet Koraq properly when he brushed off Issceran's offering of a handshake. She let Issceran do the talking from there, finding this new member a bit abrasive, but reserving a final judgement for the moment. Suffice to say he wasn't making the best impression on her, but she could handle that. "My name is Simza Caumlo, not gypsy."

As he questions her about the man's injuries she shakes her head. "His body is completely intact as far as I can tell at the moment. He may have been drugged or poisoned with something as I found two puncture marks, though they were too small to be caused by a dagger. His death was caused by his torso being crushed, but in a rather unusual manner, and not one that could have been caused by rubble." the veiled Varisian replies, trying to be as succinct as possible. "I may be able to determine more after I examine him more closely. He seemed to have been buried after the initial collapse as well, as there was already a good deal of rubble and other debris through which he was dragged, and then partially buried by a second collapse."


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

A Varisian by any other name... Koraq mutters, otherwise listening intently on Simza's words. ... I see. Guess that part'll have to wait 'til you cut up the body. Anything else left to do here or should we check out the other site?


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Koraq didn't improved his standing much with that muttered comment. "Barin and Rasil are questioning the business owners while we were dealing with Mr. Flynn here, but other than that I believe we've exhausted what we can do inside."


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Well then, Simza. Looks like everything here has been taken care of; let's take a looksey at the other site. I'm getting bored just standin' here.

With that, Koraq stands, does a quick vertical stretch, and heads over to the other collapsed site.

I'm making the assumption that the other collapsed area is visible from here; if that's incorrect, then Koraq will wait by Issceran to head to the other site.


It's actually quite far away (halfway across the city far away). You'll either have to split up, or wait for Barin to finish harrassing the wizard. :)


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Koraq looks at the dwarf, then looks around and notices he can't immediately find the gnome.

Hrmph.... giving 'em 5 more minutes before I start walking over there.

Impatiently, he starts doing some push-ups before working on stretches using the ruined wall for support.


Sorry, yes Rasil.

Rasil gets a cold welcome from Rav Kinman, though not overtly hostile.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

S'okay, it happens! :)

"So, Mister Kinman, I understand that you typically stay late. Did you notice anything unusual last night?"


"Last night? No, nothing."


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

"How would you describe your interactions with the night watchman?"


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin grins at Trintarian's retort:"And here's a thought for you: I'm the one asking questions and I'm I'm asking you right now. So: you'd say there was no relationship at all between mr Flynn and the rest of the tenants, here? Is that what you are saying?"


Trintarian throws his hands up in the air. "Oh good grief! Listen, you infuriating dwarf. He was our night watchman! We saw him as we left for the day and when we got in the next morning. We paid Guards and Wards for his services, and if it had been some other bit of muscle, none of us would have noticed or cared, despite Magda's bleeding heart. He was polite enough and didn't track dirt through our stores and didn't steal, so we liked him. He was even Chelish enough for Kinman to say hi to, but he was just a night watchman. So instead of wasting your time trying to figure out if any of us destroyed our own businesses just to kill the man when a simple fireball to the head would have done as much, why don't you go figure out what's actually going on here? Good day!"

He barks a single word of arcane magic and is gone.


"Describe them?" Kinman asks impatiently. "Cordial enough. He watched our stores at night, to keep thieves away. Kovesna and Magda's idea, really, but for Varisians, they aren't complete idiots."


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Rasil caught Trintarian's outburst out of the corner of his eye. Wow, that wizard's touchy! he thought. Turning back to Rav, he said, "Ahem. Well, so you didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Thanks. If you'll excuse me."

The gnome headed back over to the dwarf. "Barin, I think we should talk to Magda Smirtrova, the owner of All that Glitters, and then try and locate this homeless man that Trintarian mentioned. What do you think?"


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

As both Rasil and Barin disengage from their respective shop owners Simza takes the opportunity to join them.

"Did we manage to learn anything, or did we just annoy the wizard?" she asks with a small smile towards Barin.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin scowls:"I'm not finished with that wizard. Mark my words: I'm not finished!!!", the dwarf's last words sound more like a menace than anything else.

After a split second Barin regains his composure and nods at Rasil's words:"Very well then. Let's interrogate this Ms Smirtrova, you'll lead the questioning and I'll chime in this time"


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Koraq guffaws at the dwarf's rant, returning to his smug grin.

He just might be my favorite guy here... Koraq mutters to himself, standing up and walking over to the formerly preturbed Barin.

Barin, right? I like the cut of your gib. Musta done something right to hit a nerve like that!

He acknowledges Basil's presence with a quick nod and glare, confirming the gnome's suspicions, before going back to wait for Barin's response.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Still infervorated Barin agrees vehemently:"Yes, yes... and to run away like that! What insolence! Who does he think he is? We need to find this homeless person and check if he can confirm that Trintarian's fellow story... a bit too convenient he was in gods damned Korvosa, if you ask me!"

Then realizing he doesn't know the half orc he's talking with the dwarf adds:"It's all very well we agree with each other... but... who would you be?"

"An half orc?!?"


Male Elf Wizard 1

Issceran climbed up onto the top of the carriage once every stepped away to get a better look of his surroundings. The wizard stood on top and placed a hand over his eyes, looking upon the collapsed building from a higher vantage point. He murmured as he looked on, having caught the wizard's outburst which only caused him to chuckle.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

"This is Koraq Silverclaw. Timmons showed up a few minutes ago while you were busy with Master Trintarian; Vic has apparently been reassigned, and Koraq here is to be his replacement." Simza made introductions, wondering what was up with the glare Koraq shot towards Rasil. "Now what's this about a homeless person?"


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

"Trintarian mentioned that when he tried teleporting to his shop this morning, he ended up in the alley behind the building, near where a homeless man keeps his belongings. This man may have seen something."


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Sorry at the typo on your name Rasil! I blame doing that on my tablet touch screen instead of a computer <_<

Koraq pats Barin on the back after the introduction, his snarky grin once again forming on his tusked face before confirming the next set of tasks.

Looks like we have three things ta take care of; gotta find this homeless guy and see if he has anything useful, need to look at the other collapsed site, and the Vari- Simza's gotta cut up the body to make sure there isn't anything we missed. That outta cover it, right?


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Still dumbfounded by the new addition to the team and unsure about how to react, Barin just nods:"Yeah, that's about it..."


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza nods, ignoring Koraq's slip up in favor of progressing. "I would like to take Master Flynn back to MSI as soon as possible, and get him into the morgue that the Captain mentioned. Once he's there then I can examine him further once we have the time, unless you all think I should perform the autopsy now?" she asked, looking between her fellow squad members. Even though she'd prepared for it as best she could, she still wasn't especially looking forward to the task ahead of her. "Otherwise I can leave him there and return with the carriage to join the rest of you in your search. I'll need someone to come with me to assist in moving Master Flynn once I get to headquarters as well."


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Heh, I could keep ya company for the autopsy. I was brought here for my muscles anyway, and I guess if I'm not using 'em to beat on someone, I guess transporting a corpse beats being bored standin' 'round.

Koraq is about to start walking to the wagon before stopping to pause.

Unless there is someone you want me to rough up...


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Rasil looked alarmed by Koraq's last statement. "Um, no Koraq. I don't think anyone needs to be 'roughed up' at the moment."

Addressing the entire group, he said, "So, if Simza and Koraq take Mister Flynn's remains back to headquarters, the rest of us can finish the interviews and try to find the homeless man before they return."


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Ya sure, gnome? I'm sure you know how good I am at that... well, whatever. Let's take the guard over so you can cut him up, Simza.

Koraq stands near the wagon, waiting for the default examiner to hop on the vehicle.


So Simza and Koraq climb into the carriage and head back to MSI to examine Mr. Flynn's body for further clues.

Meanwhile, Barin, Rasil, and Issceran begin searching for a homeless man.

Please decide on your group's approach to find the man. Simply searching for him will require a Perception check and 1d4 hours searching back alleyways. Asking around will require a Diplomacy check and 1d4 hours of asking people. I won't tell you which option has the better chance of success. :)


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

We also need to talk to Magda Smirtrova, the owner of All that Glitters as well.


Okay, she's much easier to find, and much more friendly than either Trintarian or Kinman. However, all she has to say is that she closed up her shop at six as per usual and headed home, noticing nothing of any interest. If Barin wishes to grill her on her relationship with Flynn, she gives the same speech as the other two, just more nicely worded: he was the night watchman, honest and punctual, they were very happy with him and the rest of the security package from Guards and Wards, and she's sorry for what has happened to him.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

After learning nothing from the owner of All that Glitters, Rasil turned to Barin and Issceran. "Well, I guess that leaves us with trying to track down this homeless man. We can either ask around, or search for him."

Stroking his mustache with one hand while gently tapping the ground with his walking stick, the gnome eyed his companions. "I'd be okay with either."


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza looks towards Koraq as he volunteers to accompany her back and help move Brynden's body. She would honestly have preferred Barin, but it would probably be a good idea to get to know the Half-Orc better, even if he did rub her the wrong way.

"Alright, well send word when you need us to bring the carriage. I don't really know how long this will take." she admitted, before following Koraq over to the carriage, and since he hadn't taken the driver's seat, she hopped up into place instead, settling herself down and examining the horses before she picked up the reigns. Fond memories of sitting beside her brothers, aunt, uncles, and numerous other family members on such seats assailed her for a few moments, and brought a smile to her face, before she gently urged the horses into motion.

When they arrived back at headquarters she climbed down from the seat and stepped inside, looking for Mrs. Brigglespan, and asking the woman where the morgue was located.


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Koraq remains silent during the ride, trying to relax as much as possible, but making his eminent boredom obvious. He occasionally eyes Simza, noting that she was at least a capable driver. Upon reaching headquarters once again, he hops out of the carriage and gathers the body, throwing the deceased over his shoulder without much effort and walks in.

Figure out where you can cut up the stiff, yet?


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin grins:"Oh... I think we should ask around then..."

Question: can Barin use intimidate instead of diplomacy? He will want to "question" some unsavory elements of Magnimar society for answers, not sweet talking them


You are free to use Intimidate instead of Diplomacy, but using it on non-suspects for information gathering purposes can lead to developing a rather unsavory reputation over time. It doesn't affect getting the information now, but may have RP consequences in the future.

Also, I should ask. Are you staying together or splitting up? If staying together, I'll take the pc with the best skill modifier as the lead and others as helping. If splitting up, I'll take the best result as lead with the others helping.


Mrs. Brigglespan directs Simza to take the carriage around back, as there's a back door which leads straight to the morgue. However, as she's doing that, Koraq walks in with the body over his shoulder. Mrs. Brigglespan takes one look at the burly half-orc carrying a body, and suddenly there's a loaded crossbow out from under the desk and pointed at Koraq.

"Who are you?" she asks firmly.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza nods as Mrs Brigglespan provides the instructions, just thanking the woman for her help when suddenly she was pulling out a crossbow. The varisian woman gaped at her for a moment before realising it wasn't pointed at her, and spinning around, her hand going to her mace before she realized it was Koraq.

"It's... it's okay Mrs. Brigglespan... This is Koraq, there was some issue, and Vic was reassigned, I guess the captain forgot to send word that Koraq would be replacing him." she did her best to explain as she recovered from her shock. A few moments later she drew herself up and glared at Koraq.

"Mr Silverclaw, that is not an acceptable way to treat a victim we are investigating. Not only is it disrespectful, but treating Brynden's body like that could result in any clues or information that we may have been able to discover from examining his wounds and body being damaged or lost. Just because he is dead does not mean you can treat him like a hunk of meat! He was placed on the stretcher for a reason, now carefully lay him down and go and get the stretcher so we that he can be transported properly!"

I think an Intimidate check is appropriate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

151 to 200 of 1,212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad One All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.