Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

MSI Rookie Squad One (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,212 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Rasil, so far unable to pinpoint anything more than the general direction of the voices, is able to zero in on the shot Varisian's cry for pain, and he starts casting a spell.

Simza successfully gets Koraq back to the land of the living. The half-orc wakes up to see the man who nearly killed him literally standing right above him. The man is oblivious to Koraq being awake again, and is wide open. Koraq can have an AoO, remembering the -4 penalty for being prone. Kick his ass, Koraq!!

From the upstairs window, Mr. Copperhill fires another crossbow bolt at the Varisian in D3.
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The Varisian woman concentrates on Simza this time. Simza Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Simza barely shakes off the magical sleep effect

The Varisian over Koraq (if still alive) 5-foot steps to C1 and stabs at the half-orc.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
He succeeds, since Koraq is lying on the ground, but it's a minor wound, though still serious given Koraq's current condition (and negated if Koraq's AoO takes the man down - he has 6 hp left).

The other Varisian steps up and attacks Simza.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Unlike the last attack, this one clangs off Simza's armour.

Barin heads out of the vault and up the stairs as fast as he can.

Issceran moves around the corner into the lamp light, moving at an accelerated speed. I'm going to wait to see Koraq's AoO, though, before deciding his action. In the meanwhile, Rasil finishes his spell. A small burst of energy explodes out from the point the Varisian attacking Simza was in. It doesn't catch him, but it does catch the woman and her bodyguard.
Will save woman: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Will save man: 1d20 ⇒ 20

The woman slumps to the ground, but the man stays awake.

As I said, I'll finish Issceran's action once I see the AoO, and then it will be Rasil, having just finished a sleep spell (hope that was okay, Rasil).

ROUND 17
Mr. Copperhill
Varisian Woman
Varisian Swordsmen
Barin
Issceran
Rasil
Koraq
Simza

Maps Updated

Barin is currently in E10 on the porch.


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Koraq AoO:

Koraq looks up to see the Varisian maneuvering himself for another strike. Armed with his cestus, he punches towards the coward...

AoO with cestus prone:1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20
Damage if it hits:1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

EDIT: Nice! Confirming the crit:1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 4 = 6
Damage if the crit succeeds:1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

And fails to confirm, bit it's a hit at least!

... and strikes him in the groin. Because of the prone position, it wasn't enough to cause massive trauma, but the power still knocks the man down, whimpering in pain.


And his whimpering quickly fades as unconsciousness mercifully takes him.

Issceran continues around to behind Simza and Koraq and touches Koraq. Koraq now has a +1 insight bonus to attacks, skill checks, ability checks, and saves for 1 round as Issceran's divination magic imparts a split second prescience to the half-orc.

Rasil is up!


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Meanwhile Barin barges towards the others at full speed (which isn't much considering he's a dwarf...)


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Unless he used it already Koraq should have a +1 from Guidance still available to him too. You might want to delay/ready until after Simza's turn, both for a heal and for a flank

"You messed with the wrong Varisian buddy!" she yells as his blade skitters over her armor, and she waves the mace threateningly in his direction, pleased that her armor was doing it's job, making all the exhaustion and sweatiness worth it.

When an unexpected wave of sleepiness suddenly hits her she sways, disoriented for a few moments, until she manages to shake it off, far too full of adrenaline right now to slumber. She steps forward, next to the man who attacked her and glares at the woman, who she assumes must have been responsible for Koraq's own unconciousness. Seeing Koraq take another wound however, swaying on his feet once again she focuses her attention internally, gripping her holy symbols as a wave of energy flows from her. She smirks as the flow warps neatly around each of the foes, excluding them from her goddesses' bounty.

Wow that's a run on sentence.

Round 17:
5 foot step to C3, and channel energy, excluding the 4 foes

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Ef yeah! 5 healing to Koraq, Issceran, herself and uhh... Coppersmith if he needs it :p


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Delaying down to after Simza

Koraq Round 17:

Still on his back, Koraq's somewhat worried about getting up until the a restorative warmth from Simza brings up his vitality. However, the half-orc doesn't take the chance quite yet of getting up and grabs his chain and lashes it at Simza's assailant.
Chain power attack on enemy in C2:1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 + 1 - 1 = 17
Damage if it hits:2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Oh right, prone, duh :p


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Sorry, my Campaign page wasn't showing any new posts! Thanks for the PM Nazard! :)

Round 17:

Rasil attempted to move toward the voice of the woman.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

As he couldn't quite figure it out, he stumbled toward the most noise.

Sorry, being blind sucks.

BTW: Nazard, up above you said that Rasil cast a spell. Did you mean Issceran? 'Cause Rasil's out of spells...


No, I had meant Rasil. Had he used both his firsts? I know he cast sleep once, but I forgot if he cast something else at some point.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Yep, he cast cure light wounds on a certain teammate that fell out of a window. All you have to do is check the "Resource Management" spoiler on my character page to see what Rasil's got. :)


Ah right. So the Varisian woman doesn't fall asleep then. Too bad.

Rasil continues to stumble about in his personal darkness. Meanwhile, Simza channels a burst of blessed healing, soothing more of Koraq's wounds. In response, the half-OTC whips his chain out at the man threatening Simza, wrapping it around his leg, the spikes digging in deep. The man cries out and has a brief moment to make eye contact with the prone warrior before a single sharp tug from Koraq rips the man's leg right off. He falls to the ground and quickly bleeds out from the open artery.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Meanwhile Barin puffs and sweats trying to cover the distance separating him from his friends before it's too late...


With no Varisians within line of sight, Mr. Copperhill has no more targets for his bow.

"We need not fight each other. We are both here for Mikobar, are we not?" the Varisian woman asks.

Rasil:
Hearing her voice, Rasil is quite certain that it belongs to Madame Pietra, the Varisian witch he and Barin interviewed earlier.

Barin is up.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Refresh my mind, where is Barin supposed to be at this point? Are there any maps?


There are maps. They're on my flash drive. If only my two-year-old hadn't gotten his hands on it somehow and decided to see how the toilet worked...

Fortunately, I have back-ups, but they're very out-of-date. I'm hoping that this battle, being almost over, can be finished without me having to redo them all.

Barin, at the moment, is behind the building, having just come around the corner. This round, he'll be out in the street, though not in time to do anything other than finish his movement.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin keeps moving towards the others, moving as fast as he can


Issceran, still moving very fast, dashes across the front of Rimblesnuffin's, skirting wide around the two remaining Varisians who are pressed against the patio railing of the cafe. He comes up to Rasil, saying, "Rasil. It's me. I've got you."

ROUND 18
Mr. Copperhill
Varisian Woman
Varisian Swordsmen
Barin
Issceran
Rasil
Koraq
Simza

I'm continuing in rounds for the moment, in case folks are still interested in hurting these guys. We may have to go back into rounds, but the Varisians have stopped any agressive movements, so if you're content to talk, we can end combat here.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

"Thanks, Issceran! Being blind is no fun!" replied the very flustered gnome.

Turning his attention (though not his eyes) to the woman, Rasil said, "Madame Pietra? Is that you? What are you doing here? You're interfering with Watch business!"


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Koraq stands up, his eyes glowing with as much confusement as there is anger while looking around for a Shoanti or something else that would make sense for the past 2 minutes of madness. "What the hell is going on here?! I better get some answers before more limbs start gettin' eviscerated. And where is that damned Mikobar!!!"


"Invisible near by, no doubt, if he hasn't fled already with his trinket," Madame Pietra replies.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

"Were you the one that blinded me?" asked Rasil.

"If so, can you please undo it?"


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Finally Barin manages to reach the others. As he approaches them, weapons in hand and typical nasty sneer on his face he grows puzzled and more puzzled:"I tought you were fighting for your lives, not chatting merryly with Varisians... If I had known I would have taken my time to check that vault out... and by the way... you look even worse than usual Koraqy... did you embrace another stone elemental?"


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza is just as confused as the others. "You are the ones who attacked us. I know I heard Issceran identify us as member of the watch." she observes, glowering at Madame Pietra for a few moments, before looking down at the man Koraq just maimed, sighing as the heat went out of her. That Rasil recognised her was enough, at least for now.

More importantly was saving these peoples lives if they still could be. She grips the holy symbols hanging around her neck, moving to a more central location, and once more channels divine energy through them.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2

"Madame, if you could make sure that they do not attack us..." she requests, before starting to repeat the process. "and I believe you will need to accompany us..." she says, looking to see whether the woman agrees before healing again.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2

She should have one left after that if we still need more


The one-legged man comes to with Simza's healing waves.

"I will not be accompanying you," Madame Pietra says to Simza. "If Mikobar is not here, I know where he'll be going next. If I could actually be sure I would be able to find him again afterwards, I would be content to let him attack his next target. Would do the upper crust some good."

"Now, as you'll likely attempt to stop me from leaving..."

Madame Pietra casts a spell and vanishes. As soon as she does, the injured man grabs up his fallen rapier.

Resume combat!

ROUND 1
Varisian Woman
Varisian Swordsmen
Barin
Issceran
Rasil
Koraq
Simza


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Uhh, alright, so she didn't do the second channel then :p
Hmm, I don't have spellcraft yet. Oh well
Previous Map
Have any of the enemies moved? Simza's in C3, Barin would be next to Issceran in A4 I expect
Actually, she moved forward to make sure she got everyone in the channel, so Simza would probably be in E2.


It was the second channel that brought him to. Is that something she was trying to avoid?


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1
Simza Caumlo wrote:
"and I believe you will need to accompany us..." she says, looking to see whether the woman agrees before healing again.

She wasn't trying to avoid healing him, but she wasn't going to continue healing them if they were going to 'resist arrest' as it were. Which is exactly what they're doing :p

So without that channel there's just the one in C2 and F1 still conscious? Oh and Issceran is down by Rasil.


Okay, had a look through old posts. The Varisian in F1 is the only one still up, if Simza was being careful not to revive either of the other two with her channels. He had never put his rapier away, but we'll say he was surprised by her abandoning him to flee, and didn't act on his turn. Issceran is down by Rasil, and Barin is somewhere in that area as well.

I'll also assume that Koraq stood up at some point during the talking as well.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Just to be clear, Simza channeled to heal everyone with the first channel. So everyone got two healing. With Madame Pietra disappearing however, she did not channel the second time (and thus has two channels left)


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Yes, I stood up during the confused yelling part. That's still legit.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Despite the odd turn of events Barin seems quite pleased by the outcome:"Ah! Now it all makes sense! Surrender or die, scum!"

Round 01:
Barin attacks the wounded varisian with both his weapons (using guidance, it should still be active)

Attack roll:1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
Damage roll:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Attack roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage roll:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

As I'm not sure about his stats I can't post an accurate description of what happens. Cold go from Barin slaughtering him to Baring just causing him to lose some blood


Barin's weapons cut into the man, crushing and smashing. He falls to the cobbles in such a way that even Simza's channeling won't affect him anymore.

Issceran pipes up, "If she could teleport, we'd all be dead right now, so she's still here, invisible."

Issceran dashes forward, waving his hands out, moving quite quickly and trying to pinpoint her position.

He finds her, but won't be able to try any sort of grapple.

Rasil is up. Koraq will be able to target her square. Roll 1d2 before any attack rolls, with a 1 meaning a miss due to concealment.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Round 1:

Rasil, already blind, continued in his attempt to locate the woman.

"Any idea where she is?" he asked, fumbling about to find her.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Have you ever felt completely useless? :P


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Round whatever :P:

Keeping quick due to work/mobile device
Concealment check:1d2 ⇒ 1
Koraq heads over to where Issceran points to but fails to get a grip on anything.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Round 2 (TWO):
Concealment check:1d2 ⇒ 2

Barin moves near Koraq:Ahah! I got you!

Attack roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage roll:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Edit: Critical confirmation check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage roll:1d10 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + (4) + (1) + 4 = 12


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

0_o Nice hit although I hope you didn't just kill Madam Pietra... and you sorta messed up your crit; needed an extra 2d10+8 instead of 3d10+4


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1
Koraq Silverclaw wrote:
0_o Nice hit although I hope you didn't just kill Madam Pietra... and you sorta messed up your crit; needed an extra 2d10+8 instead of 3d10+4

That would be 24 damage :) Which with at least a 3rd level caster... well she's probably not dead :p


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Yea, I had a level 1 fighter in First Steps pt2 one shot the final boss with a 62 damage scythe crit (Str 18 + power attack so he dealth 8d4 + 36 damage and rolled way too many 4's). This was a good thing, though, since he was also the only one to pass the Color Spray saving throw :P He also almost 1 shotted the final boss in God's Market Gamble, but failed to confirm (which was a good thing for most parties involved!)


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Yeah... it's 24 dmg... let's hope she's tough...


Barin feels his weapon hit solid flesh, followed by the soft thump of a body hitting the ground. The edge of his axe, which had just a moment before vanished, reappears covered in blood.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin raises his weapon again:"if I were in you I'd surrender... if you are still alive, that is"


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

So I take it we're out of combat? or is the last Varisian going to keep fighting?


Nope, but he does try to flee. Anybody care to stop him?


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

If Simza was near him or he tries to run past her she'll try and trip him (possibly provoking)

Trip: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Yeah no :s


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

"Heh, nice hit. Hope there's something left to interrogate."

Koraq, seeing the other assailant trying to run off, moves up to the coward and tries to sweep the leg!

Trip attempt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Trying to run coward?!"


The man hits the cobbles hard, the breath knocked out of him.

First combat officially over!


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

"Okay, what's going on?" asked Rasil.

"By the way, that not-so-nice lady blinded me, so I'm going to need help getting anywhere!"


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Did Lady Pietra become visible again?


Not when she fell. Invisibility doesn't end just because the caster goes unconscious. We're out of combat, but it's a "full-round action" to "find" an unconscious invisible person.

I suppose thecquestion is does she bleed out before the spell wears off...


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

With her fellow Varisians incapacitated, Simza will hurry over to where the invisible fortune teller supposed is. She frowns for a moment before shucking off her pack, and rummaging inside, pulling out a bag of something which she upends over the general area, dumping flour all over the invisible woman.

Lets see if that works. If it does, and Barin or Koraq is nearby to threaten her, then Simza will channel, excluding the other enemies apart from Madame Pietra.

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Well, that'll stabilize her anyway.

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,212 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad One All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.