Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

MSI Rookie Squad One (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,212 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Technically Barin, you're already acted for Round 13, gotta wait for Rasil to get a couple of rounds in before we can start Round 14!


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Sorry guys, I missed Nazard's note to me. It's been a day!

Rounds 12-13? (Nazard):

Rasil continued to focus all his attention on the male voice he heard, trying to pinpoint it.

Invoking Archaeologist's Luck for this round (+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls).

Round 12 - Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

If he can figure out where the voice is, he'll move toward him, trying to get adjacent.

Round 13 - Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Well, round 13 would have been good enough, but before he gets the chance to act that round...

...a fist comes out of nowhere, slamming hard in his gut (7pts non-lethal damage), and a foot kicks him hard in the back of the knee, sending him crashing to the cobblestones. Something sharp and metal, like a sword tip, jabs into his back, and a man with a Varisian accent says, "Stay down!"


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Is "him" Barin or Rasil? Also, I acted because there was no plausible way for anyone else to try to force the hatch open before Barin... but possibly I was mistaken and we had an invisible Varisian among us all of the time.


No, sorry that was Rasil that got sucker punched. He's not having a good time up there while the rest of you are Legolas-Gimli-ing it up down in the cellar.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

I'm unsure about who should act next. I took my action and opened the trapdoor, I guess Simza and Koraq still need to act, eight?


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza hurries up the stairs, squeezing through the shattered trapdoor, trying to keep up with Koraq and figure out what is going on.

Round 14:
Simza will take a move upstairs (20 ft towards the front of the building), and perceive, unless Koraq looks like he knows where he's going anyway.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Yes, that is a bit confusing. I'm waiting on Rasil to post an alternate action for round 13, given that he has been taken down and badly hurt and not able to continue probing about in the "dark" like he had earlier posted.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Sorry, I've been having a rough time focusing IRL

Round 13:

Face down on the cobblestones, the gnome was acutely aware of the pointy object touching his back.

Suddenly, from a short distance behind Rasil (and the man with the weapon), came the sound of several men shouting, "City Watch! Drop your weapons!"

Rasil used his innate spell-like ability ghost sound (Will DC 12) to distract the man.

If he feels the pressure of the weapon leave off, he'll roll to his left (south).


Rasil:

Strangest thing. I could have sworn that that spell didn't allow intelligible speech, so certain that I even had posted a reply saying you couldn't do that, and then I went to look at it, and that's nowhere to be found. There must be some other illusion spell, like minor image or something that doesn't allow intelligible speech.

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 3

The point leaves his back as the man whirls around (allowing Rasil to attempt his escape as his round 14 action).


ROUND 14
Unknown
Unknown
Elementals
Barin
Issceran
Rasil
Koraq
Simza

Barin succeeds in busting the trap door open this round. He looks out at a surprised Issceran picking pieces of wood from his clothes. "I was just coming to get you. Rasil's been taken. Varisians."


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Round 14:

Rasil rolled to his left as far as he could and then stood, facing in the direction that he thought the man was.


Stealth: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

The man doesn't notice Rasil's escape until the gnome is too far away for an attack of opportunity.

Koraq is up!


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Round 14:

Koraq will head upstairs and headout, surveyng the area to track the gnomenappers.

Survival to track the group: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Hey, we're all caught up to the same round again.


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Yep! Although a new mini adventure is at foot! And sort of a waste of a 20, but I'll find you Rasil!


Not this round, simply because it'll take more than a single round's worth of movement to get upstairs, out through the back door and around the side of the building to be able to see anything.

That being said, it turns out that Rasil has been "taken", not "taken away", and it turns out the clever little bugger has momentarily escaped custody, too.

I don't see that lasting, however. Unfortunately, I really need map access to do this part properly. Hopefully tonight.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

"Save the gnome, save the world!" (cit.) :D


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

*gives Rasil some pom-poms*


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Sheesh! It's not like Sylar's out to cut open Rasil's head!


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Are you sure? ARE. YOU. SURE!?


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

*GULP!*


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

And I'm the one guy who never saw Heroes, so I'll say "He's the Keymaster!"


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Poor Rasil! Is the tiny hero with an heart of gold be forever condemned to blindness and captivity??? Or will our valiant heroes save him from this bitter fate??? next post, the answer, dear viewers!!!"


Okay, finally had time to update and post the map. Have a look, and it's Simza's turn. She's still in the basement, and it will take her 20 feet of movement to get to E8, so plan the rest of your movement from there.

Maps Updated

Rasil can look at Koraq's map, too, just so he can attempt some movement and know if he bumps into a building or falls over the cliff or something.

Are we expecting Issceran back soon, or should he have gotten back by now?


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

I don't know about Issceran. Given the nature of his job I think we can expect everything"

Round 15:
Barin double moves to B4


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

@ Nazard - I was at O0 "Oh - Zero" before being blinded, so I'm a little south of that. I had to look on the Rimblesnuffins1 map.


But then you said you groped your way north towards Issceran for two rounds. You were intercepted after the first of those, so you did make some northward progress.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Uhh so if I'm understanding correctly...

Round 14:
Double Move to ->E8->C10

Round 15:
Double Move again ->B7->C3

Simza hurries after Koraq as best she can, once again cursing the weight and restriction of her armor, huffing and puffing with exertion as she rushes out the back door, and follows the sounds of the others around the corner...


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Round 15:

"Barin, watch for Mikobar and the fragment; I'll get Rasil!", shouts Koraq as he scouts for Varisians or the missing gnome.

@Nazard, is the guy at B0 armed and appear to be threatening anything/anyone? If not, then the action below will stand.

Survival check to track a group of Varisians/gnome footprints:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

"The fragment... I was under the impression it was in the vault... correct?

"And how can I be sure you won't get yourself and the gnome killed Koraquy???" shouts Barin after the rapidly disappearing Koraq


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Uhh, yes, it looks like that's what we ended up settling on...


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

I couldn't remember, but hate for everyone to run off then Mikobar just to 'yoink' it out as we're chasing after Rasil and his captors!

"Well you're not fast enough with those shorts legs to find him in time Bariny!"


I should point out that you haven't yet confirmed that the enjoiner is still in the vault. The door was open when you came down, after all.

And there was that small stand suitable for displaying a necklace that Koraq saw on the floor in the vault...


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

"Blast! Now that I think of it... could it be that Mikobar has taken the fragment already? I'll go back and check... don't get yourself killed and save the gnome!"


I goofed slightly, in that I forgot to move Issceran inside before posting the maps.

Koraq, the man in B0 is definitely armed, and while not threatening anybody in the game mechanic sense, he is definitely acting in a hostile manner. The man wears studded leather and carries a rapier in one hand and a buckler in the other.

Koraq can also see Mr. Copperhill, the cafe owner, leaning out his bedroom window with a loaded crossbow. He seems to be aiming at a target down the street that Koraq can't see in the beginning of round 15.

I'll assume that Koraq wishes to engage the man in B0? I've moved him 10 feet forward and posted his map view so you can decide what to do with the rest of his movement and his standard action.

Maps Updated

I've assumed that Barin turned around and went to check the vault (if that's incorrect, let me know). We're currently in Round 15, with Rasil to act, then Koraq to finish his movement (10 feet already used), then Simza to make her double move to C3, though she'll be certainly welcome to change that pre-posted action if something better presents itself.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Round 15:

Rasil strained to hear the man who the woman talked was at.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He'll use his other action for Perception as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Well that certainly changes things, much bludgeoning will be had! Also, do you want me to put up combat stats like Rasil did for you?

Round 15 redux:

Whirling his chain in the air, Koraq quips the oft cliched "Punk, pick on someone yer own size!" before slamming the spiked weapon upon the foe.

Power chain attack against enemy in B0: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage upon hit: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 = 9


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Yeah, Barin went back to check the vault


So while Barin turned back to check out the vault, Koraq and Simza continued on past Issceran towards the street. Koraq spotted a man with hostile intent and nearly ripped the man in two. He still stands, but wobbly and bleeding across his chest, back, and upper arms. Simza moves out into the street (C3).

ROUND 16
Unknown
Unknown
Barin
Issceran
Rasil
Koraq
Simza

Simza and Koraq see Mr. Copperhill in an upstairs window of the cafe, leaning out with a crossbow. He fires at one of the Varisians (H4).
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 His bolt slams into the wall of Rimblesnuffin's and shatters. He loads another one.

The Varisian woman glares at Koraq, who suddenly finds his mind beginning to fog.
Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Koraq falls asleep at the Varisian's feet, who takes his time to plant his rapier point square in Koraq's back before plunging it in.

Coup de grace: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12 Uh oh
Fortitude save DC 22: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 He lives! At -3 hp.
The Varisian takes a 5-foot step over Koraq's still form, glaring at Simza.

The Varisian in H1 moves to protect the woman, while the guy in H4 moves towards Simza.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Uh oh... any way Barin could suddenly sense his friends' being in mortal danger? If so he'll turn abck asap, otherwise he'll continue for the vault


Barin continues to search the vault, finding nothing that looks like the enjoiner. The vault is pretty neatly laid out, so unless Rimblesnuffin purposely set out to hide it inside his own vault, it's probably gone.

Issceran yells down the stairs, "Barin. Get up here. Things are bad!"

Rasil is up next, followed by Simza. Koraq can make a stabilize roll.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

"Damnation! I knew you can't trust an half orc! Stupid me!!!"

Barin moves out of the Vault at his maximum speed.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Rules question that will affect actions. Casting a touch spell you get a free touch attack, do you have to use that when you cast the spell, or just on the same turn/action (I've seen it ruled both ways).

So for instance could Simza cast cure light, move, and then touch Koraq in the same turn?

Am I missing it, or is there no new maps?


No new maps, sorry.

As for the held charge business, letting folks cast, move and touch takes away from characters with the combat medic ability, or those who take Combat Casting. I have no problem with cast, 5-foot step, touch, however, for future reference.

That being said, Simza's about to have two or three Varisians on her in a moment...


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

mmm, fair enough. Even with Combat Casting though at first level chance still aren't great. That whole system really doesn't scale well...

Uhhh, so if he's at B1 and I'm at C3, then I could 5-foot to B2 and touch him by cast, 5-foot touch, right? She's more focused on helping Koraq than the varisians for now; it's the whole reason she's been stumbling around in her big heavy armor this whole time :p

Gripping her mace in one hand, and her symbol of Sarenrae in the other Simza whispers prayers to protect Koraq's soul, before quickly stepping up to the foe who so recently downed him, and ducking down to touch the Half-Orc's foot.

Come on d8!
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Woot! Conscious!


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Ouchies! And thanks again Simz


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Heh, no worries. Lets just hope the 4 channels she has left can keep us both alive :p


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Agreed! Can't wait for my real saves next level. An additional +2 across the board, mmmm....


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Was scratching my head for a few seconds there before I remembered it would be monk.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,212 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad One All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.