Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

MSI Rookie Squad One (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,212 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Round 8:

Rasil carefully moves to the next building, still looking for the summoner.

Stealth (w/ -5 for speed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Moving to O0 "Oh - Zero".

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Did Koraq use the guidance? If not the Simza'll cast it on Barin this time. Remember it only works on one roll, you pick which one before rolling.

Round 8:
cast guidance on Barin.


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

I forgot about the Guidance's +1... whoops, although I guess I didn't need it withthe 19. Barin needs more help to hurt things anyway, ;)


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Well if Barin doesn't finish it off you can still use it next round :) Or indeed on some sort of check to try and get the trapdoor open.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Perception check:1d20 ⇒ 3

Barin, does an exagerated gesture putting his left hand on his hear and cupping it... then he laughs, seemingly at Koraq's words:"Can't hear you... Koraqy! You move your mouth but all I can hear is defeat!"

Koraq:
It's all for fun, Koraq, building on the friendly rivalry here! On a more serious note: let's see what this suicidal elemental does, they seem pretty single minded...

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Rasil:
Varisians' Perception checks: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 1 - 5 = 8, 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 5 = 7

Rasil sees the other two Varisians looking about in the dark alleyway. They don't see him as he quickly slips past the alley's mouth.

He makes his way forwards along the front of the building. As he reaches the corner, he has a brief moment to see a veiled Varisian woman in full gypsy regalia standing there as she casts a spell at him.

Fort save DC 16 or be blinded

Meanwhile, downstairs, Barin and Koraq nearly have the last elemental ground to dust.

The remaining elemental continues to pound on the foundations. Significant cracks have started to appear in this stone as well. Fortunately, they seem to have this creature nearly destroyed.

ROUND 9
Unknown
Unknown
Elementals
Barin
Issceran
Rasil
Koraq
Simza

Maps Updated


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Sorry for posting late, I didn't check this thread in the last few days

Round 9:
Barin unleashes a full attack on the last remaining elemental!

Attack roll:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage roll:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Attack roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage roll:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Edit: seems like Koraq may yet redeem himself... :D


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

That's alright, this is twice now that there's been an update to the Gameplay tab, but it didn't show a new post on my generic campaign page. I find that a little weird.

Spoiler:

Seeing that the elemental is continuing to try and finish off the foundation, Koraq continues to assault the creature before it's too late!

Power attack with spiked chain against the last elemental: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage upon hit: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12

"Softened him up fer ya so you can finally hit it!"

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Actually, that's the second time you've hit that elemental for 10+ damage, so it'll be gone this round.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Nazard:

Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"Ack!" Rasil yelped as he stumbled into the corner of the building.

"Who turned out the lights?"


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Been so long I lost track of combat :P

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Issceran does something, but Rasil has no knowledge of what it is, so feel free to post an action if you wish.

Down below, Koraq crumbles the last elemental into dust with a mighty lash of his chain.

Simza is up down below.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin clears his throat and speaks in his usual gruff tone:"Mmmmhpf... well done... at least you managed to finish one...", but the wide smile he wears puts the lie to his words.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Round 9 (for Nazard):

"Help! I'm blind! My wife will be so upset if I don't get home on time!" Rasil declared.

"Miss? Are you there? I saw you standing near the corner when I was walking home, and suddenly I can't see! Can you help me?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Edit: Well, that was incredible! :P


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1
Koraq Silverclaw wrote:

That's alright, this is twice now that there's been an update to the Gameplay tab, but it didn't show a new post on my generic campaign page. I find that a little weird.

** spoiler omitted **

Ditto. I only realised it was my turn because of the comments in the discussion thread :/

Uhh, hmm. No idea what to do :p

Simza now that the elementals are defeated, and the immediate threat neutralized, moves back over towards the trap-door, leaving room for the others to get past her as she tries to figure out what the previous flash was.

Round 9:
Move to K33 and make a perception check on the trapdoor.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Simza sees nothing unusual.

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Rasil:
Rasil needs a Will save DC 16.

Barin's up.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Nazard:

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

"So? What's going on with this hatch? Shouldn't we try to open it? It seems to me we repelled Mikobar's underground assault but I'm eager to tell him a few choice words personally, and he's not here, unless I've suddenly gone blind..."

Baring moves up the stairs and tries to open the hatch

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Rasil:
Rasil feels momentarily drowsy, but he shakes off the magical sleep.

Barin pushes against the door. Though you don't remember any kind of locking mechanism, it's definitely held somehow. It doesn't feel like a bar or heavy object however, as no part of the hatch so much as budges.


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Round 10:

"Heh, I win's more like it, Barin!", boasts Koraq as he sluggishly moves to the open doorway to inspect inside. He pauses to pat Simza on the shoulder, muttering a quick "Thanks", on the way to the door.

Koraq moves to look inside the corner room via M32 and looks inside for anything suspicious.

Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Koraq sees nothing suspicious, just shelves lined with jewels, half-finished jewelry and a few completed pieces. A small stand, suitable to display a necklace or pendant, lies on its side on the floor.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Round 10 (for Nazard):

AC 12; Perception +3 (Blinded)

Rasil attempted to locate the woman without his sight.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Koraq, I think you're going to need to come over and help Barin open the trapdoor. I suspect it's been magically sealed."

Round 10:
Simza will cast guidance on Barin again (not sure whether he used it already or not

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Rasil:
Rasil hears a hiss of annoyance, then footsteps moving wide around him to his left. He hears a woman's voice whisper loudly to someone, and a man's voice respond. He thinks they're speaking Varisian.

Gentlemen below, you may attempt a Strength check to force open the trap door. The DC is 25, so you'll have to work together, and two can work at one time. One of my house rules is that in most situations I don't require you to declare ahead of time a primary and assisting skill user. Both make Strength checks: the higher will be the primary, and the other the assistant (assuming the lower result is at least 10). There's nothing worse than trying to open a door and the guy with the +4 bonus rolls low, and the +1 guy rolls 20s to open the DC 20 door.

However, before you can get too cozy with the trap door...

...another earth elemental glides up through the cellar floor and renews the assault on the foundation stones!!!

ROUND 11
Unknown
Unknown
Elemental
Barin
Issceran
Rasil
Koraq
Simza


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

How many 2nd level spells does this bastard have! Well, he's a summoner I suppose, so with the snake gone... *sigh*

Simza goes slightly pale as yet another elemental arrives. They were in real trouble if this guy just kept sending them in here, she wasn't sure how much punishment the place could take before it either collapsed on top of them or pitched over the cliff, but the elemental's single-mindedness meant they'd find out if many more arrived...

She wondered what was going on above, allowing herself the indulgence of hoping Issceran and Rasil could stop the summoner alone, but quickly discarded the idle thought.

"Barin. We've got another elemental." she warned the dwarf in case he was still too preoccupied with the trapdoor, stooping down as she did to grab a handful of rocks, though hesitating.

Are Barin or Koraq hurt badly? Wait for the answer before posting actions.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Round 11:
"On it!" mutters the dwarf before charging the elemental

Attack roll:1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage roll:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Barin is unhurt and uses guidance to hit the creature, although I'm not using both attacks I suppose the penalty for 2 weapon fighting still applies, otherwise it would be +6 and not +4

Edit: Barin charges the elemental slashing at it with his axe. He manages to cut out a good chunk of rock, but the creature doesn't seem to suffer overmuch from the wound.

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

If you attack with only one weapon, no penalty. You only apply the penalty if you're making an attack with both, which means you have to decide in advance if you're using both or not. Usually, that's not a problem, except for the times after the first hit when an enemy goes down and you would rather move afterwards towards a new target - if you were using two-weapon fighting, you're stuck because you had to use a full round action to TWF.

Very faintly down below (and much louder for Rasil), you hear Issceran's imperious voice. "Halt, woman! By the authority of the City of Magnimar, I place you under arrest for the magical assault upon an officer of the City Watch. Surrender yourself at once!"

Rasil:
Rasil can tell that she's somewhere back the way he came, towards Rimblesnuffin's.

ROUND 11
Unknown
Unknown
Elemental
Barin
Issceran
Rasil
Koraq
Simza


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

I'm good Simza, at 9 HP thanks to your last heal. Also, Nazard, can I charge from the entrance of the corner room to the elemental or would Barin going first to attack force me just move then attack?


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Round 11:
Simza recasts Guidance on Barin


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Round 11 (For Nazard):

Rasil focused all his attention on the male voice he heard, trying to pinpoint it.

Invoking Archaeologist's Luck for this round (+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls).

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Rasil:
Rasil can tell that Issceran is basically on a straight line with where he thinks the woman has gone.

Koraq can definitely charge the elemental. Go ahead.


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Round 11:

On mobile, so keeping short.

Koraq charges the new elemental.

Charge power attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage on hit: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (4, 2) + 7 = 13

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Koraq dashes across smashing into the elemental.

Unlike the others, this one turns on Koraq and sends a pseudopod of rock at him.
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Barin's up (will do the outside stuff soon).


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Round 12:
Attack roll:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage roll:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Attack roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage roll:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Barin attacks with both weapons but they seem ineffective against the creature

Btw this one should have more than 17 hps.... otherwise it would be dead... right?

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

No, it's dead, my mistake. Barin can continue working on the trap door. Would he like to attempt a strength check now, or wait for Koraq?


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Round 12:
Simza continues to spam Guidance on Barin.

Simza smiles at Koraq as he takes the elemental down. The two certain could be disruptive during investigations, but they were living up to their positions during the fight.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

As he approaches the trapdoor Barin cannot resist the urge to give Koraq another sample of his pointed sense of humor:"Getting lucky, aren't we? But as my unlce said.... a lucky fool is helps you more than a dead hero... so good job!"

Strength check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Don't forget guidance.


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Round 12:

Koraq moves next to Barin and pushes hard against the door.

Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Not good enough, gentlemen.


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

@Nazard: Is there anything like a crowbar or a metal rod that could be used to pry?

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

No tools like that down here. Also, the trapdoor has to be pushed up, so I don't think a crowbar would be the proper tool.

Your options are a Strength check to open it (DC 25), or inflict damage on the door to smash it to splinters (hardness 5, 20 hp).


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Let's try to smash it open then!

Attack roll:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage roll:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Attack roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage roll:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza simply watches as Barin and Koraq start going at the door with their weapons instead, chanting a prayer softly to herself, to prepare the pair for once they were through.

Round 13:
Guidance on Koraq, means you should both have one on you ready to go :)

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Attack an object like the door: either make attack rolls against AC 3, or spend a full round action to line up a single shot that automatically hits.

Barin chips away at the trap door.

Meanwhile, up above, Rasil hears the woman chant a spell.
Issceran Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Rasil can have an action, as the people down below have gotten a bit ahead of you and Issceran.


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

Round 13:

"Heh, yer just upset that I gotta clean up your messes 'round here!", jokes the half-orc as he smashes the door with his heavy chain.

Power attack on the door: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage to the door (hardness reduction included: 2d4 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 - 5 = 9

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Interesting mental image there of trying to smash a trap door above your head with a length of barbed chain.


Male Half-orc Martial Artist 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +5 X +5 | Init +3 | Perc +7 |

I imagine it more to be wrapping the chain around my fist and using it as a heavy glove to bash the door. Or you can imagine the Castlevania whipping that could somehow lash stone.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin attacks the hatch again!

"Open, you stupid piece of thin!!!"

Attack roll:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage roll:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Attack roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage roll:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Barin unleashes a flurry of heavy blows against the trapdoor smashing through it and emerging above with a dangerous look in his eyes. Yet he suddenly stops in his tracks and turns back to speak with Simza and Koraq.

"I wonder if Mikobar will try to send another rock monster or two down there. I don't know if it's wise to leave the basement undefended now that I think of it"

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,212 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad One All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.