Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

MSI Rookie Squad One (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard


1 to 50 of 1,212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014

It may have been on a lamp post, the door of a public outhouse, a tavern's bulletin board, or a passing rumour in a far off land. The Magnimar City Watch is creating a new investigative unit, dedicated to those crimes and mysteries beyond the scope of the standard City Watchman. Adventurers on retainer by the City Watch and the Lord-Mayor. Guaranteed income of 5 gold coins a week plus living expenses! Interviews begin at 9 am sharp on Oathday, the 2nd of Rova, 4710 AR at the Pediment Building in Magnimar. See Captain Ilar Percival.

So bright and early on that morning, you arrive. The Pediment Building has all the appearances of being invaded given the amount of armour and steel shown.
Captain Percival is an older gentleman, his uniform is crisp and clean, with the bright links of his chain shirt peeking out from underneath. His office is sparse and plain, a soldier's office, with simple if comfortable furniture. He quickly sizes each of you up in turn with his steely blue eyes peering from beneath bushy grey eyebrows. He asks you about your pasts, your abilities, what you think you would add to the team. Once you've talked about yourselves for awhile, he thanks you for coming, takes down your contact information, and brings in the next candidate. You head back to wherever you are staying with promises that you'll be contacted, if accepted, tomorrow morning at 7.

You wait out the evening and bright and early, as promised and hoped for, a City Watchman shows up at your residence with an invitation back to the Pediment building. You got the job!

45 minutes later, you find yourselves sitting in a small waiting area with five other individuals, the other successful applicants. An officer tells you that Captain Percival has been delayed, and he'll be with you shortly.

Feel free to get things started. Please try to only post with your character's alias. A discussion thread has also been created: post in whatever character you want there, though it's often easier to know who is talking if you use your character's alias, as we tend to start identifying each other by that profile.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Rasil looked around at the other applicants before standing. "Well met! I'm Rasil Bathbone," said the little lavender-haired gnome with rosy skin.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin studies the others with open interest and does very little to disguise his scrutiny. After a while he speaks loudly:"Well met Bathbone, my name is Barin, of the Orcbane clan, and I am here to provide protection from the scum we'll be hunting down. What about the rest of you?"


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

The gnome bowed to the dwarf.

In Dwarven:
"Greetings, Barin of the Orcbane clan!"

Switching back to common, Rasil addressed everyone, "Please, call me Rasil. I'm good at dealing with people and my training as an archaeologist should help us when searching for clues."

After a brief pause he added, "I still need to work on my skill with locks and traps, though."


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

The dwarf answers gruffly but nodding with something that might seem like approval to Rasil:

In dwarven::
Again, well met, Rasil Bathbone, Gorum's blessing be on your weapons"


Male Elf Wizard 1

An elf sat quietly in the room and watched the exchange between the gnome and dwarf. He wore loose fitting attire, carrying very little on his person beyond a satchel with a thick leather-bound tome and a case chock full of scrolls. His studious eyes were keen and a pale blue while hair was a long well groomed white-blonde. He leaned back in his chair with his hands neatly folded in his lap. A unique ring was worn on his right hand, a silver band akin to a signet ring. After he had watched the exchange for a short time, he spoke.

"Salutations, Rasil Bathbone and Barin Orcbane," the elf spoke, his voice soft and his words precise. "I am Issceran Helyanwë, scholar, linguist and practitioner of the arcane arts. It is an honor to meet you two."

His attentive gaze shifted to Rasil and he spoke.

Gnomish:
"An honor to meet you, Mr. Bathbone."

After speaking to Rasil, he directed his attention to Barin.

Dwarven:
"And you, Mr. Orcbane, an honor to meet you as well."

He offered the two a pleasant smile, presenting himself as nothing more than a polite and intelligent individual.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Seated in one of the chairs, wearing a set of scale mail that looked... well cared for, but likely second hand, and in which she did not look comfortable at all sat a heavily clothed, though petite figure. The only skin that was actually visible on her seemed to be her hands and her upper face, the lower half covered by veils. Her dress more than anything else marked her as Varisian, the veils and swathes of cloth brightly coloured, while around her neck hung two wooden holy symbols, one a winged woman in front of a sun burst, the other a small bird with a long, elaborate and brightly coloured tail. Across her chest was slung a sash that jingled slightly with the clinking of both metal and glass, at her waist was a stuffed belt pouch, while beside her sat a backpack that seemed a bit on the large size for such a small figure.

She looked slightly uncomfortable at the strange languages flying around the room, but when an opportunity present itself she stood and greeted the other 4. Her voice seemed quite pleasant, but for a slight ragged quality to it, as if she needed to clear her throat, or perhaps had a cold. "Greetings. My name is Simza Caumlo, of Magnimar. I have been chosen to provide healing mundane and magical, and spells of a protective or enhancing nature. I also have a working knowledge of alchemy to aid in collecting and identifying clues, so please let me know if you find anything." she said, bowing, the girl both nervous and excited once again on her first day. She hoped they would all be able to get along.


Male Elf Wizard 1

The elf offered the Varisian a polite nod and a friendly smile. Those pale hues seemed to dissect her, figuring her out as he sat there observing her. Her plentiful trappings were cause to think, noticing all the small things innate to her person. After a short moment of appraisal, he said, "Salutations Simza Caumlo, it is an honor to meet you as well. I can see already we're quite the motley crew."


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza smiled behind her veils, Issceran's keen eyesight likely to notice the slight crinkling around her eyes that signalled it, as well as the occasional unconscious twitch. "Yes, we seem to be quite diverse. It almost feels like one of those terrible bar jokes. A Varisian, an Elf, A Dwarf, and Gnome, and a Half-Elf walk into a watch building." she began. "Lets hope the punchline isn't too bad."


Male Elf Wizard 1

"Ethnic diversity is something we are not lacking," he commented. "And our individual skill sets are no doubt just as diverse. Our dwarven companion, Mr. Orcbane, appears to be quite the strong individual and versed in martial pursuits. Mr. Bathbone on the other hand appears to be an intelligent individual, having displayed a command of the dwarven language already - and a strong command of it, I might add. That brings us to you, Miss Caumlo. An air of confidence surrounds you, despite your veils and trappings. Though I know very little of the depth our captain took liberty to questioning you all, I can only assume there is much more to each and everyone's character."

The elf nodded once more with a warm smile, stroking his chin thoughtfully as that gaze danced across the room. "Tell, Miss Caumlo, are you familiar with the other languages common here in Magnimar?" He arced a thin brow as he poised the question, curious about what language barriers existed between everyone.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza smiled again as Issceran's little speech came back to her, her head bowing in a nod of acknowledgement.

"I am no linguist but I have had the opportunity to learn a few tongues in my young life. I would only call one common beyond Taldane and my own people's language, though it might not fit everyone's definition."

Elven:
"I wonder if Rasil's expertise extends to your own native language?"
she asked, glancing from Issceran towards Rasil, looking with a smile for recognition.

Celestial:
"How about the tongue of the heavens, Mr Helyanwe? I know I find it most pleasing to the ears."
she looked back at the elf then, wondering if the 'linguist' would live up to his title.


Male Elf Wizard 1

Celestial:
"As a student of the arcane arts, I learned the heavenly tongue as a means to communicate with celestial beings I can pull into our plane. I learned how to summon divine beings and being able to speak with them was very important to me as you surely understand."

He offered a smile, appearing quite comfortable as he reclined and spoke in an array of languages.

Elven:
"It pleases me to hear you speak my own tongue. Whether Mr. Bathbone speaks our tongue is a different question altogether. I give no fault to who speaks what as my studies will be more than enough to decipher what we may come across though I will remain diligent in my studies. I still have an interest in learning many languages, though I have ways to understand more than what I personally know."

With that he offered her a broad smile. "Alas," he breathed. "I do not wish to bore anyone with lengthy conversations in languages that may strain one's ears and perplex the mind. I know the dragon's tongue out of necessity as many arcane texts are scribed in it. I am also familiar in the ancient langauge of the fey which, matter of fact, has roots in other common languages."


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Rasil gently rapped the floor with his walking stick to draw their attention, although it could easily double as a cudgel.

"Here, here! Excellent! Yes, I speak elven and the fey tongue as well. However, whatever pleasant sounds that other language is I've not a clue."

"As to our composition, I look forward to growing to know each of you and learning how we function as a whole."


Male Elf Wizard 1

"You can build the perfect machine out of imperfect parts," he commented with a wry smile. "So the old saying goes, that is." He offered a soft chuckle before he leaned aside so he could retrieve his spell book from his satchel. He opened the book and reclined, opening it and began to pour over the pages. He cradled the tome under one arm as he studiously read the scripture, his fingers trailing along. Their captain was a little behind which could easily span from fifteen minutes to three hours.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

"Yes, there's no cause for anyone to feel excluded because they don't know the language." she agreed with Issceran, before turning to the oddly coloured gnome "That Rasil, was the tongue of the Celestials, those good aligned outsiders." she informed Rasil, glad that he had enjoyed it. She might be able to gather the courage to sing some for these fellows if they found themselves together in a more relaxed setting. Perhaps they could go somewhere for some drinks after their first day together. "I hope we fit together well then, and may our first case be a success."


Male Elf Wizard 1

"Which brings to question: what sort of case will we be working on for our first assignment?" He raised a brow as his gaze swept the faces of companions, taking a moment to glance up from his tome. His fingers gently rapped the pages in thought. "Its an exciting notion to consider variables such as our workload compared to our time on duty. Then looking at what off duty time we will be afforded and the time of that which may be spent working on our cases. Then if we break down a case, we need to consider how much time is spent doing what. Its a interesting thought process I look forward to exploring."

The elf was a talkative scholar if it wasn't clear already. He smiled and seemed pleasant enough but exercised speech and thought often. His expression was contemplative before he returned to reading the heavy burden in his arm.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Rasil stroked his mustache and continued to observe his new companions. Barin, Simza and Issceran had all been forthcoming, but so far, their fifth member remained silent.

Well, this should be interesting, thought the gnome as he waited for the Captain to arrive.


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza felt Issceran's words washing over her without much understanding. She was a fairly bright girl, but also inexperienced, and wasn't really sure how figuring out how much they were going to be working, and at what would be interesting. She fully expect some long days and perhaps even nights however, so she wasn't unprepared, she just hoped that they wouldn't be run too ragged, and would be able to enjoy some off duty time as well. It remained to be seen however. "A good question I agree, but one which we'll have to wait and find out, unless you know something I don't." she observed with a smile, giving Issceran a curious look.


Male Elf Wizard 1

"Perhaps one day I'll be able to divine the future and answer these questions," he mused. He licked his lips before touching his finger to his tongue and flipping the next page. His expression took a quizzical look, glancing up to the ceiling as if he were searching for for the answer. He murmured before reading over the next page, his finger gently rapping across the script. He took a deep breath, glancing from Rasil to Simza.

"Tell, Mr. Bathbone," he spoke, his intense gaze focusing on the gnome. "Are you from Magnimar? The same question can be asked for everyone here."


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

"Yes, I was born here. I thought that I wanted to go out to explore Varisia as an archaeologist, but I've come to realize that Magnimar holds enough mysteries to keep me intrigued for years to come."

Looking to the elf, Rasil asked, "And what of you, Issceran?"


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

With a slight twinkle to her eye and a mischeivous grin Simza replied to Issceran's observation. "I may just beat you to the ability. I have been gifted with some talents, though my control of them is yet rough. Perhaps I could do a reading for the Squad at some point, she bet her belt pouch where a set of Harrow cards rested, gifted to her by her grandmother a few years ago."

"Well, more or less... a couple miles to the north actually, in one of my family's caravans." she admitted with a fond smile at Issceran's question, going on to explain. "I came early so we had not made it back here when my mother went into labour. I have been raised within Magnimar and the surrounding roads my entirely life, and have resided solely within the city since I was 12."


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

After exchanging pleasantries with the gnome the dwarf gives a brief nod to each of the other new companions, he just sits, mostly silent and listens to their tales, not wishing to give up much information before he gets to know them better.

Sry ppl, bad day yesterday... and Barin is cha 5 after all!!! :D


Male Elf Wizard 1

"Well, I've lived in Magnimar for a very long time though I am not from here. Being an elf, we have long lives as you know," he spoke softly. "I spent a great deal of my youth traveling abroad in the Inner Sea region. I think the greatest amount of time I spent in one place was assisting in arcane research in relation to the Osirion tombs and how magic was weaved into the ancient crypts and monoliths. I would say since then, I had found my way here and for some reason - perhaps that only Nethys could understand - I remained. Now, how long have I been here? Hm, a few dozen or so years I'd wager, I've honestly lost track."

He chuckled heartily before he sighed, memories flooding back to him. He smiled, his eyes drifting from Rasil to Simza. He stroked his chin as if he had the capacity to grow a beard, thoughtful in expression. "The Varisian people are an interesting lot. I assume you speak of divination in the form of those... What do you call them? Hollow, harr-- Harrow! Yes, those harrow cards, yes?"


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Even though Simza knew it was true, it was still hard to believe that elves could really be all that old; it was too big for the girl to really make sense of, since she was only 17 years herself. She didn't doubt that elves really were so long lived however.

"Well, it sounds like you've been here longer than any of the rest of us then." she mused, though as she looked at Rasil and Barin, she thought perhaps not. Neither were quite as long lived, but if they had been born here then they definitely may have been here longer.

"The Harrow cards are one way in which we can channel our abilities." she agreed with a nod as the topic shifted. "I also posses the ability to read other natural events as well to gleam some insights about the near future."


Male Elf Wizard 1

"I see," the elf mused, stroking his chin thoughtfully. He watched Simza as she spoke, intrigued by the notion that cards could divine the future. "Perhaps some time you should show me these harrow cards. The higher echelons of arcane study allow a practitioner to divine the most well kept secrets... But what you claim these cards can do can mimic - to an extent - what a seasoned student of the arts can perform."

He nodded and closed his book then, engrossed in the discussion. "Magic and its field of study is a relentless pursuit of knowledge and understanding. Perhaps to a degree of measure, the study of these cards could further me along my path?" The question was more for himself than her. He sounded thoughtful, tapping his chin before reclining back. He tucked his spellbook away into his satchel.


As the conversation dies away into a lull, the hallway door opens again to admit Captain Ilar Percival, followed by a younger man carrying an armful of scrolls. He takes note of your presence and nods. "Ah, good, you're all here." Turning back to the younger man, he says, "Timmins, ha-"

"Have the Watchmen secure the scene. Nobody goes in or out of that building until they arrive," the younger man says in perfect time with the Captain. "Right away, sir," Timmins adds, then ducks out after depositing the scrolls onto a table.

"It's good to see all of you, though we're missing one" the Captain continues once Timmins has left. He pours himself a cup of coffee, reaches for a pastry, but seeing the trays empty, merely shrugs and wanders over to a chair. "I assume this means you all accept the position. Hopefully, your fifth man will catch up. The desk sarge will tell him where to find us. I'm sure you have tons of questions, and I'll try to answer as many as I can. I wasn't planning on having you start until Sunday, but there's a bit of a situation brewing which is exactly for what this division was created, so we can't afford to wait. I'll take you over to see the old garrison building that we've refitted for your unit, where you'll be staying and taking your meals, and then it'll be straight into the field."

"We do have a few minutes for your questions, however, so fire away."


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Rasil ponders for only a moment before saying, "Good morning, Captain! I have a question: What kind of 'situation' are we talking about?"


Male Elf Wizard 1

"I concur with Mr. Bathbone," Issceran chimed in. He sat straight, hands on his knees as he glanced from his companions to the captain. "If you need us immediately, then something must be amiss, Captain Percival. We can discuss this garrison at a later time. Aside from our missing compatriot, we have our introductions in order - and of course, we all know who you are."

He flashed a smile, excitement causing the hair on the back of his neck to stand on end like electricity. He had been waiting for this moment, lost in the idle chatter with his companions. He wanted to learn, explore and figure out the secrets of the city as if he were divining the mysteries of magic. Licking his lower lip, he set his hand to his satchel as if he were ready to leave at a moment's notice. In fact, he was.


"There is indeed a situation, but we do have time to show you your facilities. You will need some of the equipment we have provided you there, and will need to know what resources you have available and what you will need me or your secretary to provide for you. Besides, your missing colleague may yet arrive and find us there. Shall we?" He gestures for the door.

Assuming you consent to leave, he leads the way out, pausing to stop at the front desk to let the sergeant there know where you will be, should your fifth arrive relatively soon.

As you walk the short distance to your new building, he tells you a bit about what's happened.

"Perhaps you are aware of the collapse of the West Naos Market? It was a building which housed several upscale businesses that inexplicably collapsed in the wee hours of the morning several days ago. It was a newish building, less than fifty years old, so a good deal of mystery surrounds its collapse. The Office of City Planners launched an investigation, but as no one was hurt, the City Watch has stayed out of it."

Knowledge - Local DC 15 to have heard about the collapse, It's in District B so any bonuses or penalties you have for that region from Prestige are applied to your roll.

"That would be the end of it, except early this morning, another building collapsed - Irefoot Hall - again, a collection of upscale businesses, and this time, a man was killed. The businesses of Irefoot Hall had contracted the services of Guards and Wards, a private security firm, and one of those services was the presence of a night guard, who was killed in the collapse. With the death, the City Watch automatically gets on the case, and because of the suspicious nature of the collapse, compared with the other one three days previous, well, that's the kind of thing for which this Unit was created. Your first assignment is to figure out what caused these collapses, if they are related, and ensure that there are no more. Questions?"


Male Elf Wizard 1

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

"Ah, yes, I recall the rumormongers going on about quite an obscure event at the market," he chirped. "Considering the architecture of the city, it didn't seem to make much sense to collapse out of the blue like that."

His eyes lit up as if he were connecting the dots already. As a man of a fair intellect, he thought ahead like a great chess player. His expression was contemplative, licking his lips as he stroked his chin. Hmm, he thought. Buildings collapsing... Not just one, but two in three day's time. He glanced to the dwarf and gnome before returning his pale gaze to the captain. His hand rapped his satchel as they walked, looking upon the garrison they were walking to.

"I would think it would be a good idea to look at the blue prints of the buildings," he suggested offhandedly. "If we could acquire these, I could go over the architecture to rule out pure random chance. Then once we go to the site - which I only assume we'll be heading to next - it would allow us to compare the blueprints to our findings."

It was easy to tell he was excited, smiling broadly as his mind worked like a well oiled clock.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

Rasil's Kn-Local roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"Yes, Captain, I've heard of the collapse. Fascinating! However, I feel for the family of the deceased night guard."

As the gnome followed the Captain, he added, "By the way, what is our absent companion's name?"


"It is Vic Audalan, Master Gnome." Came a reply from down the hall accompanied by the sound of rhythmic tapping. In walked a Thaldan man in his early twenties, garbed in a chain shirt over which he wore a navy blue coat. Vic ran his hand through the jet black hair that tickled his shoulders. On the swordsman's hip rested a plain looking scimitar which would only reveal it's value when held in the hands of a warrior.

Vic's smile hinted at a contained eagerness as he spoke. "Do not be alarmed, this delay is very uncharacteristic. The messenger boy I send to deliver my papers wasn't able to contain the wanderlust that was in his Varisian blood, it seems."

The Thaldan gave the veiled lady a courteous bow. "I meant no disrespect, of course." he said with a tone remarkably honest.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

The gnome smiled broadly, his lavender mustache twitching. "Greetings, Vic Audalan! I am Rasil Bathbone. Please call me Rasil. May I call you Vic?"


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin didn't seem too impressed with his first case.

"Collapsing buildings? Not really surprising considering the shoddy human craftmanship involved... But maybe... just maybe... it could be someone digging around the foundations. Not unehard of especially during sieges, if one has the correct tools... anyway I'm getting haead of myself. We'll see when we'll be on the spot"

The dwarf clears his throat:"Well, then... I suggest we move along and check these buildings. Whenever there's work to be done it's better to start early, lost time is something we might regret later on... And I don't want any regrets", Barin finishes with a matter of fact tone.


"Blueprints, if they exist for these buildings, may be found at the City Planner's Office in the Civic Building in Keystone. However, the City Building Inspector, Thora Rumblemountain, is currently investigating the West Naos Market site this morning. If there are blueprints, she would likely have them with her there."

"Mr. Audalan. Good of you to join us."


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Hmm, Issceran wouldn't be angling towards the Harrow Prestige Class would he? :p

"Certainly Issceran" Simza agreed easily, quite pleased that someone was taking an interest in her talents. She still saw herself as only an 'amateur' but enjoyed what insights she was able to give people whoe she did readings for. "A harrowing is less focused than the sort of spells you're talking about, but it can be quite a powerful experience."

The Varisian girl simply gave a slight nod as he mused to himself, letting him consider. When the door opened however she quickly straightened from her more relaxed position to smile at the Captain. Their interview hadn't delved into much personal chatter but she was pleased she'd made a good enough impression on him that she had been offered the position. Her smile only widened as Timmin's finished his sentence, the man obviously very good at what he did, though as she realised what he had said she sobered somewhat.

As the captain confirmed they had a case she was a bit shocked, not having expected to jump straight into things, instead having been ready for a few days of orientation and perhaps some training but... though her stomach began to flutter with butterflies she also felt excitement welling up. The mention of a garrison building was something of a surprise as well, she hadn't realised they'd be moving in together.

Following the others in silence Simza listened intently as the Captain's explained the case. Due to her condition she was somewhat reclusive, so she hadn't heard any gossip about the collapse. She paid special attention as the guard's death was mentioned, though it saddened her to hear about it. She knew she couldn't let herself be affected by the people they were investigating however; this was her job now!

Raising her hand slightly, she waited for the captain to acknowledge her question "When you say the guard was killed in the collapse, do you mean that he was killed when the building fell, or do you believe he was killed prior to that by whoever is responsible?" Simza didn't know anything about engineering and what would cause a building to collapse, but it would be her job to examine the dead guard and perhaps answer that question for herself.

As their last member arrived Simza appraised him from behind her veils, she inclined her head towards him at the comment about his Varisian messenger boy, reserving her thoughts on that matter for the moment, and sunk into a curtsy-a quite awkward one it turned out due in large part to the heavy armor she wore, which she struggled to recover from-as she introduced herself "Simza Caumlo. I'll be helping to keep you on your feet."

and I now realize I didn't select any location prestige points...


"Vic will be just fine mister Rasil." The swordsman replied and offered everyone a greeting nod. "Captain Percival, Lady Caumlo, collegues."

Vic noted that deduction was already in progress and as he felt nothing for nasty surprises Vic decided a slight interuption was in order. "If I am not mistaken, the city of Magnimar is already in need of our expertise?"


"Indeed, Mr. Audalan. As for the cause of the night wtchman's deth, that will be for you to determine, Ms. Caumlo, will it not?"


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza just nodded in affirmation to the Captains statement. It had been worth asking if they knew any more about the circumstances however.

"Simza will fine Vic." she replied to Vic's use of Lady, her veils hiding the faintest blush. She left it up to one of the others to reiterate the outline the Captain had provided as she turned to her own task. "What equipment is the city providing us Sir? I have collected a number of items I believe will be helpful, but there are some alchemical items and the like that might be useful." she lightly pat her chest where the sash full of vials rests.


Male Elf Wizard 1

"Ah, so our missing sheep joins the flock," Issceran chirped. He smiled broadly and offered Vic a slight bow. "Mr. Audalan, it is an honor to make your acquaintance. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Issceran Helyanwë: scholar, linguist, and practitioner of the arcane arts. I look forward to working with you." His hand swept before him with the gesture and he took a deep breath, feeling elicit. His eyes swept the whole of their small fellowship and knew for the foreseeable future, they would be working together.


"Well, why don't you have a look for yourselves. Here we are."

You arrive at a square, two-storey garrison building, with the MSI logo above the main door, and enter into a small reception area. Behind the desk, you see a matronly, grandmotherly woman, her white hair pulled back in a tight bun. She looks up and smiles. "Why Ilar. Good morning to you. These must be our new recruits."

"Good morning, Mrs. Brigglespan." Percival makes the introductions.


"Likewise mr. Helyanwë" Vic replied.
He then adressed the rest of the group. "It seems that everyone is eager to get started and little pleases me more. I do suggest however that we share a meal and a light drink together sometime in the following days. To get.." Vic's eyes rolled slightly in their sockets and a puzzled expression fell over the warriors face. It was clear he was trying to find a good phrasing. "..Properly acquainted"


Male Elf Wizard 1

The elf offered the woman at the front desk of their barracks a nod. "Excuse me, where might the supply room be located at?" He glanced to the captain then, a hand placed on his satchel.

"Might we take a moment to explore the barracks...? Are there assigned rooms already? I would like to claim my quarters." If he was expected to live in the barracks, he wanted to find the quietest place he could so his studies and research wouldn't be interrupted on a regular basis. He took in the reception area, glancing to the doors, windows and various furnishings (or lack thereof). He murmured thoughtfully as he tended to do when thinking. His pale blue gaze swept the room before glancing to his companions, wondering what their tastes were.

He just wanted an out of the way place that wasn't heavily trafficked. However, given he was working for the Magnimar city, he didn't have high expectations when it came to comforts. It was easier to expect less and not be disappointed.


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

"Greetings Mrs. Brigglespan! My, this place is so large!"

Rasil took in his surroundings as well.


Percival nods. "By all means, settle yourselves in. The Council has provided you with a fully equipped alchemy lab, Ms. Caumlo, enough for all your investigation needs. The City will also provide you with materials to manufacture alchemical substances, provided they are for official business, of course, and that you don't burn the city down making barrels of alchemist's fire."

The last sentence is made with a bit of a chuckle.


Male Dwarf Fighter 01

Barin looks a bit disappointed:"I was under the impression we had to start working as soon as possible... there would have been time for these... "pleasantries", later. But if that's how you want to do things... I'll take my bed"


Female Human (Varisian) Oracle of Life (Seer) 1

Simza nodded to Vic's suggestion, having had the same idea earlier. She didn't give it much thought however as she took in what was apparently to be their new home, or at least while they were working. She attempted another curtsy to the elderly Brigglespan, managing it a bit better this time, though it was still slightly off, but she didn't let it bother her.

She was happy to look around the barracks, but like the others she didn't really want to waste too much time here when there was work to be done. Her face brightened noticeably when the Captain said there was a fully stocked lab and that she would provided with materials, and the young girl had to restrain her enthusiasm a bit as she spoke "Thank you Captain! I'll try to make sure it all stays contained, and no barrels of alchemist fire. I do carry around some sand anyway in case of small spotfires." she advised with a smile. She could also create a couple gallons of water as well, but that wouldn't be as effective against alchemist's fire. She'd never had anything like a lab before and she was feeling a bit giddy. "Shall we all meet back here in 5 minutes then?"


Male Elf Wizard 1

Issceran took a moment to briefly walk through the barracks and get a feel of the layout. He took a brief look through each room, stepping into the doorway and glancing the room over. After he had found the room to his liking, he closed the door and stood before it. Speaking in the language of the dragons, he scribed a rune into the door with his fingertip. The magic caused the invisible lines he created with his finger to glow. The rune was his mark to represent the room he claimed to deter others from it. He stood there a moment contemplating the room itself. A smirk touched his lips as he considered the possible before returning to the reception area.

"Ready."


Male Gnome Archaeologist Bard 1; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Perception +7

When Issceran returned to the reception area, Rasil asked the Captain, "So, what is this 'equipment' we need before we can head over to the scene of the crime?"


"Well, I'm sure Ms. Caumlo will want to examine the morgue and alchemy lab. The morgue has been magically chilled to better aid in preservation of bodies. You also have a refitted carriage at your disposal which contains a cargo slab underneath, designed to allow transportation of bodies - we figured such a thing would come up eventually, and it has. You'll also need these."

He hands everybody a leather wallet, each of which contains a metal badge marked MSI. "These will get you most places in the city. Maybe not the Lord-Mayor's privy, but almost all else. They mark you as a rank of "Inspector", which is a new rank we've introduced just for you. It puts you between a constable and a sergeant."

"However, if there's nothing else you need from me, I'll let you get to it. Good luck, and please keep me in the loop on any new developments."

If there is nothing more, he departs.

1 to 50 of 1,212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad One All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.