Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lucendar's Survival PbP - Welcome to the Slaughter!

Game Master Lucendar


101 to 150 of 170 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Kor speaks in a deep, slow rumble. "When do our tests begin?"


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Filsgerit wrote:

Please check out Filsgarit the barbarian dwarf, who is looking for her lost son. Not sure about weapons. Can she get a big club?

CG Dwarf - Barbarian 1
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **...

Welcome! She can get a greatclub, only 5 gp.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Morgthar the Ravenous wrote:

Morgthar quietly regarded this 'Baron' as he spoke back and forth with the other prisoners, noting the voice of the one who identified himself as a fellow follower of Zon-Kuthon as well as the one who spoke ill of Him. Death would follow that one, but for now there was a pact to be made.

"You know my skills, Baron, therefore I simply ask the price of permitting me the leeway to eliminate the man who set me up in the first place," Morgthar's voice was unnervingly quiet, "After that, I am yours. Perhaps you can give me some information; who else in these cells follows the Midnight Lord?"

"I am sorry, Morgthar, I am not aware of people's religious proclivities, unless they're priests like yourself or are divinely inspired, so you're going to have to find that information on your own. As for the leeway you ask, that we may discuss at the end of today's activities, assuming you live. It would be rather pointless to do so, now, don't you think?"


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Varos wrote:

So, my dear Baron, as I understood you imply that after these five trials of tests we are then taken to your custody and granted mission or missions by you which we have to fulfill.

Or will it be that we are granted freedom, which is unlikely to happen. What do we gain expect of course the release from these sneering to the word luxury cells of death.

"I must say I do enjoy the confident air with which many of you carry yourselves, but I guess that is one of the reasons I picked you. Your tenacity even among hopeless odds. But for now, let's save the questions of what happens after, till after, for obvious reasons and concentrate on the present. It is a gift after all." Baron Darkstrom allows himself a laugh.


Would it be possible to change my weapon to a sling? I figure a one-shot thrown weapon is not very helpful given the situation.

Catelyn tenses her drawing arm, clenching and unclenching, working the atrified muscles. She knows she's not in her prime and the years of sitting in a dank, dark dungeon had not been good on her eyes. Feeling the slight burning pain she reaches back and feels the area. Her red eyes gleam with malice and a cold, unabated intensity in the sunlight as they stare down this extravagant patron."I assume you will be sitting with your honored guests during this... 'spectacle?'" You don't seem the sort willing to get dirty.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Sure, sling it is. You can stab people with a javelin too, not just throw it, you know?

The Baron points up and says "I will be up above watching and monitoring with my arcane sensors."


Watching Catelyn closely while she stretches a frown passes over Menas rough features, "Hmm," reaching up to his neck, "I know my scars like no other and i do not recall this being done, why does it burn?"

Turning the to Baron "What have you done? I assume its some kind of insurance, for someones safety? Perhaps your not as all powerful as you would have us beleive? Scared?" looking around the cells "Does anyone have a knife?"


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

"Just a precaution to...how shall we say?...monitor you. I am responsible for you after all. Can't have you running away and engaging in more killing sprees, like many of you have already done, can I? And don't think about cutting it out because you can't, unless you want to kill yourself. My mark is inscribed on your vertebrae."

Andoran

Sorry for my delay. I had to learn how to make an alias. Please check out my character and let me know if it looks ok. Weapon choice is a glaive.

Justified stands for the first time and moves to his bars. He somehow looks too comfortable in the cell. Natural. Unintimidated. Looking deeply at the baron SENSE MOTIVE 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Justified considers considers his words.

Count me in. I can play your game for a shot at freedom. But I do not commit murder for you or anyone else. If that is the game then you can return me now to that prison cell.


Bug Kills-Many-Toads wrote:

I am wrestling on tossing the favored point into Linguistics, but I think for 1st level, poor ole Bug is going to need every little bit of help he can get. If he lives to 2nd level, then I'll slap that point into Linguistics. For now he will have to trust the halfling... fortunately they have a reputation for helping goblins and telling the truth :)

And if you want for in character justification, Kwin can be teaching Bug Common as they go along to. It is safe to assume that Kwin will translate honestly what Bug is saying and what is being said around Bug. For now, anyway. ;)


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Justified* wrote:

Sorry for my delay. I had to learn how to make an alias. Please check out my character and let me know if it looks ok. Weapon choice is a glaive.

Justified stands for the first time and moves to his bars. He somehow looks too comfortable in the cell. Natural. Unintimidated. Looking deeply at the baron SENSE MOTIVE 1d20 + 11 Justified considers considers his words.

Count me in. I can play your game for a shot at freedom. But I do not commit murder for you or anyone else. If that is the game then you can return me now to that prison cell.

Justified, Welcome! I would argue, given the flavor of the archetype, that you lose martial weapon proficiency and gain proficiency in monk weapons instead. That would be my interpretation so you are not proficient with the glaive. You can pick a monk weapon under 10 gp.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

The Baron continues, "Murder, bah? Nothing of the sort, Justified. I could have hired assassins for that. No, my mission requires more resourcefulness and courage. But more on that later, with the survivors. I see everyone seems to be coming along nicely, stretching, readying yourselves for what comes ahead. Good."


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Updated Summmary:
Salu - CG human fighter (obsidian scimitar)
Menas - CN human barbarian (heavy wooden shield)
Emilian - LN human fighter (heavy wooden shield)
Othrik - NE Half-orc ranger (cestus)
Kwin - NE halfling rogue (small dagger)
Bug - NE goblin fighter (small dogslicer)
Kazmuk - NE dwarf druid (battleaxe)
Morgthar - LE Half-elf Hungry Ghost Monk
Varos - LE Human cleric of Zon-Kuthon (double-chained kama)
Kor - LN Half-Orc monk of Four Winds
Catelyn - NE female Tiefling rogue (Javelin or sling?)
Filsgerit - CG female Dwarf Barbarian (greatclub)
Justified - CG Human Unarmed Fighter (?)

Expressed Interest:
Darklight
Haraldir
Pallius

Lucky 13 applicants!


"So.. combat for spectacle.. " Salu looks around at the occupants he can see and smiles wide "Ho ho, I have the goosebumps! But these .. these look like the carnival sideshow, no? .. not warriors. Where is bearded lady?" He leans as far as he can into the bars to get a look at Menas. "Ah! Don't you worry Miss .. first chance I get I'll take care of your neck for you."


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

The Baron laughs at Salu's comments. "I see the trash talking has begun...good! In a few minutes, the spectacle, as so eloquently put, will begin and your cells shall open and you shall be released. Now, you can start tearing your hearts out right then and there if you wish, though the light is not that great in here and I would prefer you save the bloodshed till the end, in the arena, under a glorious noonday sun, where all can see. But that's up to you. Heh, maybe only five of you survive the Trials and there is no need for the slaughter of your fellow prisoners. That would be a shame but that is a possibility. However, if you decide to hold off on the bloodshed and enter the Tournament grounds down that corridor to the west, you are safe. No in-fighting between prisoners shall be allowed...at all on Tournament grounds, till the end of the 5 Trials! And anyone caught violating this rule will be put to death immediately. Are we clear? Good. I'd hate to kill you for cheating but that is also a possibility, given the character of some of you around here." The Baron stares at all the prisoners of evil alignment.


Once he has finished translating for Bug, Kwin gives the baron wide, innocent eyes as the dagger again disappears from sight.


Menas takes one last long look around the room, his brain obviously ticking over at a glacial pace. He fixes his gaze on each prisoner individually as he speaks, "Frankly I have no wish to kill any of you since none of you have wronged or offended me," gaze lingering on Salu as he says this, "if you think for a second that 6 people survive and you've back stabbed someone that your making the final five your dreaming."

I can't trust any of these low lifes right now but out on the floor we're safe, ish. You can build a strong phalanx from weak fighters so maybe we can build a team out of these convicts.

Letting out a long sigh he continues, "Anyone who makes it out of this is only going to make it out on the TRUST of the other few who make it out. So I'll throw my, er, loincloth into the ring now and say I'll work in peace until the end with anyone who wants to go along with it. But cross me and die..." As he finishes speaking he looks around the cells for nods.

basicly you have to be in it to win it so anyone who shows tendancies of treachery is going to have to be put down first for the good of the group, no one wants to get stabbed in the back so lets avoid it until its absolutely neccessary and let the game do its job.

Andoran

Lucendar wrote:
The Baron continues, "Murder, bah? Nothing of the sort, Justified. I could have hired assassins for that. No, my mission requires more resourcefulness and courage. But more on that later, with the survivors. I see everyone seems to be coming along nicely, stretching, readying yourselves for what comes ahead. Good."

Did you resolve my Sense Motive? Did I submit the roll correctly?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Justified, did you see my post about switching weapons?

The Baron appears sincere in what he says.


"I will attack no one unless they disrupt my path."
Kor doesn't mind saving the violence until after the trials.

Andoran

Skorn wrote:
Menas Kriger wrote:

Menas takes one last long look around the room, his brain obviously ticking over at a glacial pace. He fixes his gaze on each prisoner individually as he speaks, "Frankly I have no wish to kill any of you since none of you have wronged or offended me," gaze lingering on Salu as he says this, "if you think for a second that 6 people survive and you've back stabbed someone that your making the final five your dreaming."

I can't trust any of these low lifes right now but out on the floor we're safe, ish. You can build a strong phalanx from weak fighters so maybe we can build a team out of these convicts.

Letting out a long sigh he continues, "Anyone who makes it out of this is only going to make it out on the TRUST of the other few who make it out. So I'll throw my, er, loincloth into the ring now and say I'll work in peace until the end with anyone who wants to go along with it. But cross me and die..." As he finishes speaking he looks around the cells for nods.

I for one stand with you Menas. Justified walks catlike back and forth in his cage, eying his fellows. I know not what others might claim, but as a gladiator I am used to calling the man that fights next to me a brother and a friend. I pledge to stand and fight with honer and without treachery with any who would give me the same pledge in return. If this baron chooses to pit us against each other then we must fight. But until then we should stand as a team.

Andoran

Lucendar wrote:

Justified, did you see my post about switching weapons?

I did. I sent you a private message.


Emilian nods in agreement with Menas and working together. He spots the shield on the floor of his cell, picks it up, and straps it on. Then, realizing he doesn't have another weapon, straps it on his other arm. He begins stretching, then runs his hands over the rough wood of the shield, getting used to the feel of it on his arm, and makes some practice thrusts, bashes, and swings.


Varos listens and wonders what will become all of this... but truly, he would survive and leave this place. Looking around and then bursting to speak in Elven

Amas re guar nentale su nead ti soror. Me tissa kote ma musrat obesh ne gera s+$%ir me ra. Amas gerante pose de chiski da menece do peril dor te sana. Elv do bere na solitar teresna

Elven:

My brothers of night, this wretched place is a place which can not hold us here. Let us join forces and advance till the end and protect each other.. and if necessary, eliminate unnecessary people in the end as that barbarian insisted. Those who understand me, respond so I know who I can trust and help who need that. The lord of Midnight is with us and I sincerely offer my help to those who take it.

and for those who did not understand: agreed. Fool are those who now attack... since it seems that there are test which needs cooperation of all of us. Varos speaks with calm and confident voice

I see that there happens to be only 3 persons at this moment who can speak in elven language, which includes me. Interesting


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Justified* wrote:
I did. I sent you a private message.

Thanks, responded.


I sent you a private message, Lucendar. If it isn't allowed I do look forward to following this game. Sounds intriguing!


I suppose I'll stick the javelin then. I need the base range of 30 in order to achieve my sneak attack damage, but I reckon I'd rather have the diversity of the javelin, even with the -4 penalty in melee, over the ammunition of the sling. I don't want to be a complete sitting duck in melee, which I suspect may come to pass very soon now.

"I agree. The wisest course of action would not be to start a murder spree, 'least not here, at this time. I suppose we shall see soon enough."

Varos:
Bluff for secret message: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"At the stroke of midnight, when this battle finally begins, I believe we'll all agree what are in all of our best interests."


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Rasputin, then take a spear, you can jab enemies without the -4 penalty and worse case scenario, chuck it 20 feet.


Lucendar wrote:
Rasputin, then take a spear, you can jab enemies without the -4 penalty and worse case scenario, chuck it 20 feet.

Alright, I suppose I'll do just that.

Oh, and I changed my charisma stat, and that affected my previous role. I thought I did that last night, but apparently it didn't stick. I'm saying this so I don't seem like I'm changing stats around willy nilly. Sorry 'bout that.


Cirnos Duval reporting for duty!

Always bet on lance! Will be flushing out the sheet/background in the next few hours.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Welcome to the slaughter, Cirnos! No problems Catelyn, you can tweak your characters up until I post the description of the First Trial. Then your character sheets are set!

Updated Summmary:
Salu - CG human fighter (obsidian scimitar)
Menas - CN human barbarian (heavy wooden shield)
Emilian - LN human fighter (heavy wooden shield)
Othrik - NE Half-orc ranger (cestus)
Kwin - NE halfling rogue (small dagger)
Bug - NE goblin fighter (small dogslicer)
Kazmuk - NE dwarf druid (battleaxe)
Morgthar - LE Half-elf Hungry Ghost Monk
Varos - LE Human cleric of Zon-Kuthon (double-chained kama)
Kor - LN Half-Orc monk of Four Winds
Catelyn - NE female Tiefling rogue (Spear)
Filsgerit - CG female Dwarf Barbarian (greatclub)
Justified - CG Human Polearm Fighter (Glaive?)
Cirnos Duval - LE Human Cavalier Order of Cockatrice (Lance)

Expressed Interest:
Darklight
Haraldir
Upsblivion


I think a halberd will make more sense than a club. Filsgerit will take a halberd. Thanks.


Wow, alot of posts. This is Darklight sry for taking so long(had a take home midterm) here are my tiefling rolls if Im not too late.

rolls:

1d10 ⇒ 6
1d100 ⇒ 2
1d100 ⇒ 34
1d100 ⇒ 6

Edit; I select the levitate at will


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Gaza, you have to take the Infernal Bastard trait and you lose the 5 energy resist. Also, I have a hard time reading your character sheet. How do you have monk weapon proficiencies, if you are a cleric??? Please copy and paste the profile of someone else who uses Herolab; there are tons to use in this recruitment thread. Thanks.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Reminder: Recruitment thread closes tomorrow at 2pm EST.


Kazmuk silently listens to all the fools imprisoned nearby. Talk of alliances...imbeciles. This Baron clearly intended to watch as many of them die as possible, and all but came out and said as much! Those thinking to trust anybody were foolish, but trusting somebody who would improve his chances of life by stabbing his "ally" in the back? Morons, one and all.


Sry, fixed.

Thatll teach me to take shortcuts on char sheet making. now to make a "blank" template...

edit: made some changes hopefully its easier to read, I used excel for the initial sheet then c&p to the window so i rearranged parts so they are not stacked anymore


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Better, thanks Gaza. Infernal Bastard is a trait, so you have to lose either classically schooled or deft dodger. Could you explain the 2.5 and 3.5 values to me next to attributes and skills? PF did away with 1/2 skills. Also, what is your starting weapon?


Interested, but we'll see if I can get a character in by the deadline. I'm planning a half-orc Sin Eater Inquisitor of Asmodeus. And, yes, this Sin Eater eats parts of his victims.


that explains why I couldn't find it under feats lol,Ill drop classically schooled. They come from me using excel to calculate everything automatically, so the base stats sometimes have a half and saves have half or third sometimes, rule is to drop after decimel never round.(exception being multiclass which depends on whether gm uses fraction rules or not)

My weapon is my unarmed though a divine focus would be nice though a should be able to my tattoo for that but Gaza would keep that secret if able. Of course a few darts or such would work too as rngd weapons.

so then i am still using the feat slot for fiendish heritage or is that free?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Gaza: Who is your deity? Crimson Scales..who is that? It sounds more like Irori.

Unless you want to keep all-around vision, you had to spend the feat to roll 3 times on the chart. Not free.

List your spells for the day.


Goblin:
"So we should stick together. Since five get to make it out alive we have no reason to break alliance if we make one. Who else seems most likely to be helpful for now do you think?"

It is not a diety though Irori is the closest I guess. A cleric can go off a personal faith without a diety and I gave it a name so my char could have learned it from her mother instead of making it up out of nowhere.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Gaza: Number of languages wrong. You start with Common and Abyssal or Infernal and one due to high intelligence. Please amend.


My Spells;
spells
L0
Create Water
Detect Poison
Detect Magic
L1
Shield of Faith
Sanctuary
Entropic Shield
Dom: Comp Languages
Updated my status as well

wow I must be more tired then I thought I feel like remaking just to be sure I didnt miss anything else.
edit is that herolabs thing you mentioned a char maker? if so is it free? where can I find it?
nevermind i googled it but do you know of a free one?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

A 1st level cleric with your wisdom score prepares 2 1st level spells and 1 domain, not 3. Remove one.


I will if you want but I would like to point out that I get a bonus 2nd lvl slot, I cant cast 2nd lvl spells but I can use a higher lvl slot to prepare a lower lvl spell, usually anyway. I'll drop the entropic shield.


gaza:

copy paste and tweak (went with default on few things I wasn't sure of .. so really will need some tweaking .. especially skills I had a hard time figuring out what you put ranks in)
GAZA CR 1/2
Male Div-Spawn Tiefling Cleric (Scroll Scholar) 1
LN Medium Outsider (Native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision (60 feet); Perception +2
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10. . (+3 Dex)
hp 8 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4
Resist Infernal Bastard (-Choose-) (At will)
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Unarmed Strike +0 (1d3/20/x2)
Spell-Like Abilities Infernal Bastard (-Choose-) (At will), Rebuke Death (5/day)
Cleric (Scroll Scholar) Spells Known (CL 1, 0 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (2/day) Shield of Faith (DC 13), Comprehend Languages (DC 13), Sanctuary (DC 13)
0 (at will) Detect Magic, Create Water, Detect Poison
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 13
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 13
Feats Fiendish Heritage
Traits Deft Dodger, Infernal Bastard: -Choose- (At will) (Sp)
Skills Bluff +3, Knowledge (Arcana) +6, Knowledge (Nature) +5, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +6
Languages Common, Goblin, Infernal
SQ Aura (Ex), Channel Positive Energy 1d6 (4/day) (DC 11) (Su), Cleric (Scroll Scholar) Domain: Healing, Cleric (Scroll Scholar) Domain: Knowledge, Levitate (At will) (Su), Spontaneous Casting

--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Aura (Ex) The Cleric has an aura corresponding to his deity's alignment.
Channel Positive Energy 1d6 (4/day) (DC 11) (Su) A good cleric can channel positive energy to heal the living and injure the undead; an evil cleric can channel negative energy to injure the living and heal the undead.
Cleric (Scroll Scholar) Domain: Healing Granted Powers: Your touch staves off pain and death, and your healing magic is particularly vital and potent.
Cleric (Scroll Scholar) Domain: Knowledge Granted Powers: You are a scholar and a sage of legends. In addition, you treat all Knowledge skills as class skills.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Fiendish Heritage You possess a strong tie to your fiendish ancestors, granting you favorable abilities.

Prerequisite: Tiefling, must be taken at 1st level.

Benefit: Your fiendish bloodline proves particularly strong, being tied to a specific race
Infernal Bastard: -Choose- (At will) (Sp) +2 save vs. fire, cold, and electricity. Choose one 0-level spell - it becomes a 1/day spell-like ability for you.
Levitate (At will) (Su) You can levitate yourself plus 10 pounds at will, as per the spell levitate. This is a supernatural ability.
Rebuke Death (5/day) (Sp) Heal 1d4 damage to creatures at negative HP.
Spontaneous Casting The Cleric can convert stored spells into Cure or Inflict spells.


Done


The dwarven woman, noble and savage, stands silently in her cell and glowers at any who look at her.


Marking his allies with grim countence Menas turns his back on the others and bows his head in silent prayer for a few moments before he picks up the heavy shield on the floor of his cell. Stretching out and taking a few two handed practice swings the shield whumps through the air.

Flicking his gaze between Varos and Gaza while he begins to tap his cell bars with the shield edge softly and building louder, "Ready..!" and louder, or..! with each, not..!" crash...

Talking in a language most people do not understand is a very easy way to make people not trust you, in public when most people hear a foriegn language they think someone is laughing at their shoes. In here people have to think the worst and plan accordingly.

101 to 150 of 170 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Recruitment for Lucendar's Homebrew: Survival of the Fittest! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.