Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lucendar's Survival PbP - Welcome to the Slaughter!

Game Master Lucendar


401 to 450 of 885 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Human Monk 2 Male HP 20/20 AC: 17/17/14 F: +5 R: +5 W: +7 Per: +9 Init:+2

GM:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Human Monk 2 Male HP 20/20 AC: 17/17/14 F: +5 R: +5 W: +7 Per: +9 Init:+2

GM:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4
DM_Slaughter wrote:
Between the three of you, you break off the second part in six seconds. How much chain did you unravel?

If the distance to the ground is 50 feet, then, if we think we can safely do it, we unravel 100 feet, so that we can just double the chain and recover it easily. If not, we only take 55 feet. We also secure the other two broken chains ends so that the plateform does not completely falls apart.

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 14/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

Sorry but very busy at work today. Little time to read or post.
Justified helps with the chains as best he can. He is relatively strong and maybe can use the haft of his glaive for leverage (he will not risk breaking the weapon).


The party moves to the corner, as unraveling 100' of the chain leaves squares E-H Rows 28-33 bare. You secure it to the platform and climb down?


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4
DM_Slaughter wrote:
The party moves to the corner, as unraveling 100' of the chain leaves squares E-H Rows 28-33 bare. You secure it to the platform and climb down?

Yes, I suppose so. Then we cross the ground and throw the chain to Gaza.

Climb DC 10 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Since the chain has links/handholds, I would consider that DC 10.


Human Monk 2 Male HP 20/20 AC: 17/17/14 F: +5 R: +5 W: +7 Per: +9 Init:+2

Blinking rapidly and then shaking his head, with slow and steady gait, following almost exactly the footsteps of halfling before him, Haterivet approaches the ledge of the first platform. He extends his arm, reach for the chain attached to the wall, yank it once or twice to test if it can support him, and then in one swift move transfers his weight onto the chain attached to the wall on the left. He continues in a similar manner, taking his time, the image of his fellow-compatriot monk laying badly hurt on the spikes a constant reminder on the consequences. Some time later he reaches the other side, and joins other already on the platform.


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

At this point are the chains within reach? And as I am not under duress, am I able to just take 10 on the check?


Party is coming down, you want to climb up? And yes, you can take 10.


Wizard 3 | HP: 12/17 Sickened | AC 16 | 12 | 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Sense Motive +0

Since the chain crossing initiative is being championed by Gaza, who has shown herself useful to Kwin, he is willing to help in it if asked and, of course, if there is absolutely no risk to him. So if a small pair of hands on the other side can help, he will.


The prisoners takes 10 climbing down, you step across the spikes and throw the chain up to be secured. Who does so on the platform? Gaza and Kwin, I assume. What is the climbing order?


Actually, I don't want to roll initiative and drag this out so I assume Quain goes first and secures the chain, then the rest of the prisoners, leaving Emilian for last. Since he has allies on the platform, he does not have to worry about being left behind and the rest of the party climbs up.

Voice (a little disappointed): "No one died here and the 11 applicants are still in play. However, the next Trial should thin out the ranks. 11/18 remain."

You read the Pedestal and are transported:
TRIAL #4
"In honor of Desna, Goddess of Luck, I give you the Test of Colors!"

You each appear in a sealed room with no apparent exit. Laid out before you on a table are 12 potions of different colored liquids arranged around the hours of a clock:
1 - Red
2 - Black
3- Bluish-violet
4 - Pink
5 - Beige
6- Blue
7 - Orange
8 - Brown
9 - Gray
10 - Gold
11 -Lavender
12 - Emerald

You find a note: Seven of these potions are poison, four of them will sicken you and one opens the exit to this room. Choose wisely as you will not be able to resist the effects of any incorrect potion.

To save you all time, there are no hidden compartments under the table or in the walls, the potions are not magical so no spellcraft checks, and unless you have Craft alchemy, you cannot tell their effects by the colors. You are in a soundproof room so you cannot share your ideas with your fellow prisoners. It's all on you, which potion you pick and drink. After everyone has PMed me their answer, I will advise as to results. Good luck!


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

We are all in separate rooms correct?


Yes.

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 14/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

And you must drink the entire potion for effect? no sipping for effect?


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

GM:
Are there any distinguishing features to the room at all? Does it have a door? Are the bottles in any way distinct from one another apart from the color of the liquid inside? Is there any appropriate knowledge skill for this situation (all I have is history)? Is there any indication we might have that this test is not just a random test of a d12?
Depending on the answers you give, where appropriate:
Perception check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Strength Check (for a door if their is one):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Knowledge(history) Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
And just because it's my highest bonus and it is a survival situation after all; Survival Check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

I did use the channel before we continued
1d6 ⇒ 6

Use detect poison
Not likely to help but will ponder anyway,
K arcana
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
K nature
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Will save vs and detect magic vs any possible illusions for doors and to find the door, what is its school? What about the light source?
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

I will throw all the poison potions at the door.


Answers to questions:
1. No sipping, you sip, you pick that color.
2. No illusions, no poison detected from any of them with Gaza's spell, Knowledge arcana/nature do not help
3. No door to room, no other distinction except for color of liquid, no knowledge skill will help (only relevant skill is alchemy and none of you have it).
Will wait for your responses.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

In trying to figure out why I cant detect poison, is no magic detected at all not even whatever has lit the room? The vials(not the liquid) do not have auras of nondetection of some sort? Can I create water?

What wisdom anyway? there is no riddle

Can I make a luck roll to pick the right one?


Gaza, Nondetection, if that is the spell that has been cast on the vials, specifically blocks divination and detect spells so none of your spells would register any information.

What is a luck roll?


Update (no hurry, take your time):
Missing responses from:
Gaza
Haterivet
Kwin
Menas
Morgthar
Justified
Catelyn

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 14/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

Justified has responded. Was waiting on you to answer a some questions.


Female Tiefling Rogue (Sniper)

Responded


I see the language of the note has confused a couple of you and I don't want that to be the reason you make your choice. Sorry about the confusion.

****Note amended: Seven of these potions are poison, four of them will sicken you and the correct choice opens the exit to this room. Choose wisely as you will not be able to resist the effects of any incorrect potion.


Update:
Waiting for initial responses from 2 people.


Update:
Waiting for Menas' initial selection.


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

Update: I've picked, poorly most likely but i have picked none the less


Update;
Waiting for replies from Catelyn, Justified, and Morgthar.


Female Tiefling Rogue (Sniper)

Second reply away.


Update:
Waiting for one more reply and I will reveal the results.

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 14/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)
DM_Slaughter wrote:

Update:

Waiting for one more reply and I will reveal the results.

If that was Justified the wait is over.


For the survivors, the sealed doors open revealing a pedestal that reads:

TRIAL #5
"Survive the Trial of Combat!"

You are transported to underground chamber, wherein the following participants stand side by side, weapons ready:

Cirnos (full hit points, +2 hit/+2 damage for this Trial)
Emilian (3/12 hit points, -3 hit/-3 damage for this Trial)
Gaza (full hit points, +2 hit/+2 damage for this Trial)
Haterivet (full hit points, +2 hit/+2 damage for this Trial)
Kwin (full hit points, -2 hit/-2 damage for this Trial)
Menas (full hit points, +2 hit/+2 damage for this Trial)
Morgthar (2/12 hit points, -2 hit/-2 damage for this Trial)
Quain (full hit points, +2 hit/+2 damage for this Trial)

Voice: "The 8 prisoners still standing have survived Trials of Agility, Endurance, Will, and Reasoning and now face their last Trial: Combat versus a common foe! A moment of silence for Catelyn, Justified, and Kor, who chose unwisely. Good luck to the living! Place your bets!"

You have 2 rounds to rp/thank your god you're still alive, etc. before continuing!


AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 (+2 vs fear); Max HP: 22, Current HP: 22

"Gaza. Do you have any more of that healing stuff? If we're gonna fight something, I can keep you alive a lot better by not being dead myself."


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

Looking around at his companions and their injuries, Justified is a loss, but at least Quain and Gaza made it through. Emilian looks on his last legs, we better cover him.

"Whatever this is we better work together, Quain help cover Emilian and guard my back. Gaza, if you could keep us topped up that would be lovely. Cirnos, you and me are front line, everyone else needs to put whatever were facing down asap. Are you all in?"

flank and spank people, monks and rogues for damage, quain to guard the back line, me and cirnos are topping the hp charts up front


Female Tiefling Rogue (Sniper)

"Hahahahahahahahaha," laughing madly, cackling as the second potion envelops her body in a rushing tide of pain, Catelyn knocks the entire clock placement down with a kick at the table and the whole thing crashes next to her. Her head is swimming as she tries to piece together the clues set before her.

Intelligence: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Lords of chance please be fair and just.

Edit: Nope

Catelyn can't figure it out. Her exhausted body is overcome and she feels death coming for her. She picks up the emerald potion. Here's to you father, she says as she drinks the liquid.

She lies in a pool of her own blood and then her closes eyes, sure the pain will cease now and....forever.

GG, people

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 14/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

Maybe I should trust to Desna's luck? Justified ponders the potions before him. No. There has to be a better way than pure luck. Even Desna would not bet on a 1 in 12 chance. He walks around the table and looks for what must the the hundredth time at a new angle at the clock. He has tried so many ideas but none work out. None quite match up with the reality of the potions and positions.

Suddenly, as time is running out a new thought comes to him. This one is unrelated to lucky numbers and the 8 scrolls and the colors of butterflies released in honor or the goddess. Maybe, if he can coalesce his thoughts into something substantial... Thinking does not come easy to the fighter and he knows the odds are against him but one final idea forms, resulting in a final choice of potions.

Int roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Edit: looks like Desna has smiled on me after all. I hope all the players that figured out the riddle are ok with this.


Wizard 3 | HP: 12/17 Sickened | AC 16 | 12 | 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Sense Motive +0

When the booming voice wishes the contestants luck, Kwin presses his back against a wall if there is one remotely close.


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

Kor considers the riddle laid out before him carefully as he considers a choice. After pondering all the possibilities he finally selects a bottle and drinks.

Intelligence roll: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

I'm really regretting not putting the extra points in for combat expertise right now

EDIT: And Kor picks right where I picked wrong. Thank you for the second chance Lucender.


2 natural 20s for both Kor and Justified! Guess you wanted to live very badly!


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

"I only have one healing burst left. With only a few hurt, they should stay in back with the slings and when several people get hurt then I can use my last burst to maximize effectiveness."

Healing burst is what she calls channel energy, she doesn't exactly come over here and look to see what the rulebook calls everything.


Trial #5:

The prisoners appear in the chamber. On the opposite side to them lies a 15' wide portcullis that begins to open slowly.

Voice: "Ten against one in final combat! The prisoners now face Lucimar, the undefeated champion of the Trials! Beware his might, for his sword can cut combatants in half! Place your bets!"

Map as Portcullis opens...

You have 2 rounds, position yourselves, heal, etc. but you cannot cross the mid-point line of the room.


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

Kor moves to square H6 and speaks to Gaza.
"As I said before, my path now runs with yours. I will do everything I can to see you through what comes."


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

"Glad to have you on my side, Kor, lets stay back and play support for the moment."

She will create water for any who want it and drinks some herself and drenches herself again to help keep her cool during the coming fight.


Half-Elf Monk, 2/12 HP, AC16 (touch 16, ff 12)

Morgthar is pleased at being the only Kuthonite left; it appears the Midnight Lord did not favour the others. His reward has been sweet pain and ecstasy but now his mind must focus on a common foe. He limbers himself up and awaits the arrival of the sword-wielding foe.


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

They still each fight for theirselves, well let them die.

DM:
Menas moves to keep someone(anyone) between himself and the opening portculis so he can avoid any charge, if Emilian, Quian, Justified or Gaza leave themselves exposed he moves to intercept. Looks like Kwin already has the best idea.

"So be it, lets get ready..."

knowledge local vs Lucimar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
see if i've heard of him inside the prison system, long shot but maybe.


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4

Quain takes a look at the room and the surviving prisoners

"If you still think you've got a chance alone in this fight, you're stupid. And I swear that if I survive I will start to go after those who have not participated in this fight."

Intimidation 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

To Menas, Justified and Emilain: "Menas, take my place [O5], I'll stand there [P5] and Justified can stand there [N4] and Emilian just behind us. Let's see what the others do."


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

What was the intimidation roll for, too be clear? Are you trying to force us to act friendly towards you enough to do what you say? I'm just making sure you aren't going for the shaken option.


AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 (+2 vs fear); Max HP: 22, Current HP: 22

Emilian nods and grimaces as he readies the sling, carefully counting out his five remaining stones. He has a sharp metal spike from somewhere stuck under his arm.


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

plan sounds good Quain, i'll post my movements when i get home and i can check my pms again. I don't think we should let him take over all of the room, could i assist another on your intimidate when he comes out so we can shake him?

401 to 450 of 885 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Survival PbP - Welcome to the Slaughter! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.