Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Lucendar's Survival PbP - Welcome to the Slaughter!

Game Master Lucendar


351 to 400 of 885 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

Menas takes a solid grip on a chain then looks around for anything out of the ordinary, well the ordinary for this place, perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15.

DM:
What are those things on the b row sticking out of the wall?

is the actual platform made out of chains as well, did Kor slip through a gap and failed to catch a hold or did he just pass through the platform?

"Perhaps we need to work together on this one, maybe we can swing over?"

edit: thanks for the heals gaza.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Gaza looks once to what she can see as far as dangers or possibilities,
perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
k arcana
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Then looks again with detect magic,
perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
k arcana
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

In both cases she will look under the platforms as well.

next, she expects the platforms to be magic but she will try to discern the illusory panels from the merely floating panels.
perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
k arcana
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
will save vs illusion just in case(some dms need this even when using detect magic)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

note from now on she keeps levitate active even when not floating, so if the floor falls out from under her she can stop her fall with but a thought. Or if she got shoved off an edge.

She will use channel again when we first come through before everyone splits up. She doesnt like sitting at 2 hp.
1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4
Menas Kriger wrote:

Menas takes a solid grip on a chain then looks around for anything out of the ordinary, well the ordinary for this place, perception 1d20+5.

** spoiler omitted **

is the actual platform made out of chains as well, did Kor slip through a gap and failed to catch a hold or did he just pass through the platform?

"Perhaps we need to work together on this one, maybe we can swing over?"

edit: thanks for the heals gaza.

"We should do but I'm stuck figuring out that level."

While saying that, Quain looks at the chain lining the platform. Can some of them be taken apart to make a long chain?


AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 (+2 vs fear); Max HP: 22, Current HP: 22

Emilian tests all the platform on their side for solidity.

He then slips a rock into his captured sling and attempts to hurl it at the section in G-24, where it looked like Kor touched something.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 I think hitting a square is AC 10, but I'm not sure.


Okay, to be fair, since Gaza healed all, Kor is not dead then, only at -6, if he stabilizes.

Taking his time, Kwin reaches the other side of the platform, showing how agile he is on the chains!


Menas Kriger wrote:

Menas takes a solid grip on a chain then looks around for anything out of the ordinary, well the ordinary for this place, perception 1d20+5.

** spoiler omitted **

is the actual platform made out of chains as well, did Kor slip through a gap and failed to catch a hold or did he just pass through the platform?

"Perhaps we need to work together on this one, maybe we can swing over?"

Menas:
Are you referring to the chains? They are hanging from the ceiling and are what Kwin just used to swing along and reach the other side.[/ooc]

Yes, the platform is made of links of chains tightly wound to form a solid surface. Kor passed through the platform (i.e. 5' G-25 square), not the links.


Emilian wrote:

Emilian tests all the platform on their side for solidity.

He then slips a rock into his captured sling and attempts to hurl it at the section in G-24, where it looked like Kor touched something.

Attack: 1d20+3 I think hitting a square is AC 10, but I'm not sure.

The rock lands on G-24, slides, and comes to stop at G-23, assuming he does not want to skip the rock off the entire platform or does he?


Quain wrote:

"We should do but I'm stuck figuring out that level."

While saying that, Quain looks at the chain lining the platform. Can some of them be taken apart to make a long chain?

Quain:
It looks possible, with high enough Strength checks.

Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

Stabilization rolls:
1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 6 = 1
1d20 + 1 - 7 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 7 = 10 Kor Stabilizes.

I'm not dead yet! I want to go for a walk!


Stable at -7. not out yet.


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that at this point what happens is Kor's body sits down there until the time limit expires and the Baron puts me out of my misery.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

To all "I highly recommend using the chains instead of the platforms.".

She floats down and she uses detect poison on her way down.

She carefully moves over to Kor and uses rebuke death.

Then looks for a way up for him.
perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

/
If none is found then when she gets to the last platform she will see about dropping a chain over the edge if its stable.
/

She will continue to the last platform.

edit; went and checked the rebuke death and will use it on him until he is no longer negative.

1d4 ⇒ 4
1d4 ⇒ 4
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 3
1d4 ⇒ 4

edit perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
and only 2 uses of rebuke.


Up to the fellow players, Kor. All is in their hands.


Gaza, roll the 1d4 for Rebuke death and give me another Perception check.


Kor wakes up at 1 hp!

Voice: "Amazing, he returns from the dead! Damn! All you bettors are back in! 11/18 again." You hear cheers from the betting crowd!


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Quietly to Kor,
"Come on Kor, I need people who are not so likely to stab me in the back"

edit, "I will channel once we are back up with the others, ok"


Female Tiefling Rogue (Sniper)

Cirnos:
Before she can answer, Catelyn feels the ground shift under her and suddenly she's standing on a bed of chains. She sees Kor run out and make a grab at the other platform which disappears under him and she watches as he falls to his death. "I suppose I'll take up your offer, then. I'm slowly running out of friends. When the time comes, you had best have my back if I am to have yours."

Bluff for secret message if needed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Catelyn looks about the room, trying to tell if she can see which platforms are incorporeal. Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

She looks again to see if there are any other kinds of traps. Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

once everyone is across I'll try to take one chain from the ceiling and put it on the end of the last chain so it reaches the floor.

Or a different chain from the platforms if need be, and depending on any other assistance.


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

sense motive vs secret message 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
perception to hear converstation if required 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Menas obviously listens into Catelyn's conversation with Cirnos, but has no reaction.


What, Gaza? You lost me there. What are you doing? What chains?


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

Catelyn:

"Then we have a deal, care to make it an oath? To hold until the hells come and take us, if only to put your mind at ease."
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Noticing the halfling swing across "You think you can do what that short one did? If you are fast enough could claim yet another prize!"


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

The chains hanging from the ceiling that Kwin used to cross. Thats why Im waiting till everyone has crossed.


You're trying to yank them off? Those chain are 20' long.


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4

"Either we find a way to climb down, or we try to make a long chain and ask Gaza to pass it over the plateforms to cross on it."

Perception check to see if there is any way to climb down the plateforms. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12. If not, he will start to open some chains to make a longer one.


Quain, you can roll Str checks or take 20? Anyone helping you?


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

Menas moves to help Quain, "Once we have made our way down how will we make our way back up?" but does not start to work on the chains until the entire plan is on the table.

Gaza cannot carry a chain as she can only carry 10lb worth of weight other than herself, and even if she could how would she attach it to something to secure it for our climb? Also would it actually make the climb any easier than just using the DC10 chains on the north wall?


Well, if you reach the floor, you can walk across the spikes without damage, though it is difficult terrain. Then throw the end up to Kwin, who is on solid ground? It's your plan.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Mostly why I also mention the ones on the platform that could be removed to make longer chains. I got the idea from Quain thinking about taking them apart to make a longer chain, figured the ones hanging from the ceiling would be faster.
here are a few str checks though help might be needed
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 14
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 9
If I cant then I will wish Kor well, not risking falling too far behind.
of course that might change if someone else helps.

edit; wow help cool and appreciated.
guess my rolls are to help open chains


Those chains are held too strongly for Gaza's strength and they don't budge.


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

once we get the chain over to kwin, whom we do not know will hold the chain. how is the halfling going to hold it steady or secure it for us to climb?


He could tie it to his chain-linked floor or run it through the links, if he wishes, of course.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

"Well someone strong crosses first then drops the chain from other side or make chain long enough to go up, over, and back down the last platform and loop the end so the loop will close solid on the platform, like a lasso."


Female Tiefling Rogue (Sniper)

Cirnos:
"I'm no fan of eternal contracts, but we'll shall see about that oath. Right now, I've got a halfling to catch."
Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

GM:
How far has Kwin gone at this point as I'm talking to Cirnos. Would I be able to move past him on the chains as he goes across?

Catelyn watches Kwin as he moves to see if his hands pass through any of the chains.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

actually i'm being a little silly, we can just make a double length chain and throw it all the way over then climb up both sides.

aid another str check to break chains 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Menas helps Quain break the chains to make a chain to climb, aiming to make a 100ft section.

climb check once the chain is made 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
aid another str check to throw the length of chain over the other platform once we have picked our way over the difficult spikes 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
climb check once the chain is secure 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4
Menas Kriger wrote:

Menas moves to help Quain, "Once we have made our way down how will we make our way back up?" but does not start to work on the chains until the entire plan is on the table.

Gaza cannot carry a chain as she can only carry 10lb worth of weight other than herself, and even if she could how would she attach it to something to secure it for our climb? Also would it actually make the climb any easier than just using the DC10 chains on the north wall?

"I had two ideas: either we make two chain ropes, one to go down here and one to go up the other way. I go down with the first chain using the second one and I throw it up to Gaza up there where she can secure it. Then we can all go down and back up. I'm ready to take the risk of going down alone."

"Gaza, if we go down and send you a chain up there, can you secure it?"

I'll take 20s to start taking the chains apart to make two long ones.


Catelyn wrote:

Catelyn watches Kwin as he moves to see if his hands pass through any of the chains.

Perception:1d20 + 6

Catelyn:
He's got a 4 round head start on you and since the chains are 20' long and he is small, you can move past him.

What's everyone else doing, besides watching Quain and Menas break the chains?


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

"Yeah I can secure it but you'll have to throw it up at me once Im over there. I cant float with the chain."


Human Monk 2 Male HP 20/20 AC: 17/17/14 F: +5 R: +5 W: +7 Per: +9 Init:+2

Similar to previous trials, at first Haterivet just stands around and tries to notice his surroundings. He takes a deep breath feeling the air, sniffs a bit and then take a passing interest into what are his "companions" doing. He watch them for a brief period, and then without changing his facial expression he seems to loose interest in their activities, and starts to explore his surroundings in a more detailed manner, demonstrated earlier.


Female Tiefling Rogue (Sniper)

My 1/day Tiefling ability allows me to treat my speed as if it were 50 ft.

Catelyn digs her heals into the bed of chains and with a sudden whirlwind of force she races over to B33 and moves forward again, leaping off the platform, reaching out for the second chain at B29. Could that be considered one round or is it two?

GM:
That longjump would be a DC 15 acrobatics jump, right? Making my base speed 50 adds +8 to the roll I believe, and my acrobatics is 7 so I automatically pass that.

Here are the rest of my acrobatics rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


You make it across but the halfling still beats you since he made all his checks as well.


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4

Turning to Emilian and Justified, Quain asks "Care to help?"


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

"just make one chain, you can climb down and Ill then unsecure it then you can pass it up to me on then other side. It'll be faster that way and Im already getting hungry, I don't want waste more time then needed."


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

As Kor regains conciousness, he is temporarily overcome with a sense of confusion as he sees where he is. Suddenly it clicks, and he looks up towards Gaza.

"As my word is my bond before Irori, my path is forever with yours. I owe you my life."

That was foolish. I will have to meditate on my impatience for it almost ended my path today.


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4
Gaza wrote:
"just make one chain, you can climb down and Ill then unsecure it then you can pass it up to me on then other side. It'll be faster that way and Im already getting hungry, I don't want waste more time then needed."

"I'm doing my best here."


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

To Kor in reponse,
"Then don't fall behind, okay, we don't know what happens to loligaggers." She winks.


Between Menas and Quain, though mostly Quain, you break off a piece of the chain links in the platform, as you unravel the chains. Another take 20 to break off the other piece?


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4

We'll take our chances without for the moment.
I'll roll for Quain first 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
then the help from Menas 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21. If it does no work, I'll take another 20


AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 (+2 vs fear); Max HP: 22, Current HP: 22

Emilian also helps break chains.
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Between the three of you, you break off the second part in six seconds. How much chain did you unravel?

351 to 400 of 885 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Survival PbP - Welcome to the Slaughter! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.