Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lucendar's Survival PbP - Welcome to the Slaughter!

Game Master Lucendar


501 to 550 of 885 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Human Monk 2 Male HP 20/20 AC: 17/17/14 F: +5 R: +5 W: +7 Per: +9 Init:+2

Seeing his foe trying to get up, Haterivet tries to land a vicious kick to his groin, trying to paralyze him for a few precious moments.

Stunning fist (Ok, stunning kick) attack 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 + 4 = 27
Damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10
DC 14 Fort save or stunned for 1 round

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 26/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

Justified slashes his blade forward, but instead of going for a hit he flashes the metal in the face of Lucimar blocking his view of Quain for a split second. This is an "aid another" attack to aid Quain to hit.

1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13.

If this is not allowed on an attack of opportunity consider this a regular attack


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4

This time there is no fancy manoeuver and Quian puts all his might into the attack.

Attack with power attack vs prone character 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 + 4 - 1 = 28
damage 2d4 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 15


Lucimar's Fort save vs. DC 14: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16..success!

As the wolfish creature stands, he takes a kick followed by Quain's guisarme, which cuts him along the side, though you do see the wound partially heal instantaneously, causing him to grunt in pain.

Voice: "The prisoners have struck blood!" The crowd groans in worry.

With anger in his eyes, Lucimar looks around and stands, towering over his opponents, viewing Haterivet with disdain for daring to strike him.

He then steps to G19, batting away Justified and Quain's polearms and in a flash, retrieves his falchion off his back, swinging it in a curved motion, aiming at both warriors! His blade rips through both like butter and in the end, only one of them, Quain, stands and barely, as much blood is spilled on the stone floor. Justified's body collapses to the floor with a clang of his weapon.
Cleave with power attack at Quain: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22..hit
Cleave with power attack at Justified: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19..hit
Damage vs. Quain: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 1) + 9 = 11
Damage vs. Justified:2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 9 = 14

Lucimar lets out a howl of victory, that the crowd just loves!

Voice: "Now, eight versus one!"

Updated Map

Morgthar, Haterivet, Gaza, Kor, Menas, Cirnos are up!
Emilian: -6/12
Quain: 1/12
Justified: -1/13

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 26/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

I am going to be away from the computer for a little while, so am making a stabilization role for when its needed

Stabilization - 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 1 = 18

edit Stable


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

Morgthar & Gaza:
"What's our plan? Attack now or wait for him to come to us?"


Human Monk 2 Male HP 20/20 AC: 17/17/14 F: +5 R: +5 W: +7 Per: +9 Init:+2

Seeing how easily their foe has downed one, and almost killed second, of what Haterivet considered among their best warriors, his mind starts racing frantically for solutions. He takes a much more defensing posture while trying to distract his enemies attention from Quain, with a salvo of quick, not very precise punches.

Fight defensively, +2 to AC, -4 to hit (current AC18)
Flurry of blows 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 171d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
(+1 BAB, +2 flank, +2 scenario bonus, -4 fight def)


Gaza and Kor are up; Morgthar has 2 hps and likely not to get involved so just post your actions.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Gaza moves up to K11 and draws her dart. Fighting defensively ac 15.


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

Kor will move with Gaza, maintaining full defence, to K12.


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

since Morthgar is on two hp i'll post up actions.

Menas takes a closer look at his opponent after seeing his wounds heal instantly, "We many need some fire..."

knowledge local check to identify humanoids, what is it?? 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Throwing caution to the wind he yells a battle cry and charges, "Rargh!" Swinging his shield with both hands...

controlled rage for +4 str(2 rounds left today), charge to H18, two handed shield swing 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
damage 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Edit:crit confirmation 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
crit damage 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

suck it! 24 damage total minus what i guess is DR dispite my failed knowledge check


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

Seeing the others charge into the fray, Cirnos marches down the field!

Move F17

Standard Attack:

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22

Damage:

1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13


Menas' shield slams into Lucimar, cutting him deeply, as the crowd hears bones break! Miraculously, he still stands, wobbling, until Cirnos' lance drops him! The crowd is stunned!

Voice: "The 5th Trial is over and more than 5 prisoners are still alive! We will begin all-out combat in a few minutes. First, to the rewards:
Menas, you have choice of Lucimar's armor, sword, or crossbow.
Quain, you shall have second choice.
Cirnos, you shall have last item."

The crowds head back to their seats and the room suddenly rises and you all find yourselves on the arena floor. Attendants come to take the bodies of Emilian and Justified off the floor. Unless Gaza plans on healing them...


Actually, let's stay in initiative order, after Lucimar falls, as the room takes 2 rounds to rise to the top.
Quain, what is your character doing?
Justified is stable.
Need stabilization roll from Emilian.
Need Kwin's action.
Then Morgthar
Haterivet
Gaza


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

Twisting the lance free of the body, "Indeed, how weak of me to keep you from getting torn limb from limb. So what now? Only five of us can leave!"


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

Dropping from his slow burning rage, "A fine strike Cirnos," Menas reaches down and starts claiming his armour. "Now i get dressed and we deal with the final moments, I have no love of tyrants but you have a twisted honour of your own. Perhaps we can work together, but that is for the strong to decide."

Turning to Quain, "Good luck, show no weakness and they may be too fearful of your glaive to approach, Gaza may be able to bind those wounds for you."

Deleted armour options as there are none, sorry. Menas strips the armour from the dead champion and moves away from the others (P22) to get dressed.


Menas, see OOC thread.


Menas chose the armor, what are you picking, Quain? The falchion or the crossbow with 19 bolts? And I need your action after the fight is over.


Half-Elf Monk, 2/12 HP, AC16 (touch 16, ff 12)

Morgthar nods in appreciation of the carnage wrought on the wolf-man, then moves up to assist Gaza. He adopts a defensive position. Total defence for AC 20.

"A contract," Morgthar whispers to Kor and Gaza, "My protection for your assistance. My word is my bond."

As an aside, had Lucimar not been felled Morgthar would have attacked. He's a Kuthonite and will inflict pain where he can.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Gaza will give one rebuke death to Justified and Emilian if they wake up great if not...
Justified then Emilian
1d4 ⇒ 3
1d4 ⇒ 1

She doesnt know of hp so she is just giving a chance

Quietly to Kor:
"Good luck Kor, stay back if able until only six remain then atk who you least want to see travel with us. I'll stay above you mostly so you don't need to worry so much about me, okay?"

To everyone "I heal people, it's what I do, I plan on staying out of combat unless someone attacks me, if you want my preference in healing down the road I suggest you don't attack me."


Let's stay in Round time so the Rebuke death has not happened yet.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

You ninjad me morgthar just so you know

Gaza looks at him "Then you and Kor have my preference when the battle is won but there will be no more healing till only five of us stand"

edit; Figured as much
note she sees rebuke death as waking them not so much as healing if anyone was curious about that contradiction


Well, the 1 hp healed on Emilian is not sufficient. So when the time comes do you let his body be dragged away or are you going to spend healing on him?


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

That was all Gaza was giving him, from her point of view if that wasn't sufficient then he was too far gone already, says a quick prayer of course


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4

"I'm taking the crossbow", says Quain, grey face.

Quain will bend on Justified body to look if he still has an unused heal seringue. If so, he will use it on himself. I know he has won a challenge, so he may still have one.


Half-Elf Monk, 2/12 HP, AC16 (touch 16, ff 12)

"Very well," Morgthar whispers, "I suggest we focus on eliminating them one by one, Kor, so that we are able to better protect Gaza."


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

Morgthar:
"I agree, but there are others who's paths would end ours. I don't know if they will afford us the luxury of duelling them one at a time. I worry now about the rager. He is the only among us who is armoured. That could make him quite difficult to handle should he choose to come after us."

For now, Kor will maintain his approach of staying within 5 feet of Gaza and holding total defence until it is more clear what is happening.


Quain does not find any syringes on Justified.


What are Kwin and Haterivet doing?


Human Monk 2 Male HP 20/20 AC: 17/17/14 F: +5 R: +5 W: +7 Per: +9 Init:+2

Haterivet approaches unconscious lying body of Shoanti fighter, and retrieves his glaive. Then he backs up a few steps, spinning his new weapon while eyeing others cautiously.

Understanding that some of the laying combatants have been healed, he casts a vicious look towards Gaza. Damn it priestess, stop doing that! Which part of that only 5 of us can leave did you not understand...

The statement above was not verbalized, so italics are OK. Just wanted to show you guys what he thinks, but he does not want to threaten the priestess, no one in his right mind would not do that now


As the platform rises....
Voice: "The no combat rules are still in effect until you take your positions in the Arena!"


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

Motioning towards Haterviet, as Cirnos acquires his latest weapon. (+5 Unholy Avenger right?)

Haterviet:

"You got guts, or just a death wish. Name is Cirnos, you seem to have lost your 'friends' on the way here. What say you? An oath of non aggression and we try to get out way out of here? I'd hate to end up on that new toy of yours, and I might be upset if I had to kill you."

Bluff roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 (Secret Message)


Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC 16 | 12 | 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Sense Motive +0

Kwin runs back to the fallen Elimian and collects his sling and bullets.


Okay, since the 2 issues that needed to be resolved have been taken care of, we can now go out of Round time. Kwin has the sling and Haterivet took Justified's glaive.

The platform reaches the Arena floor, with the sun shining down on all of you. Attendants come, behead Emilian, and drag his body off the grounds, leaving a trail of blood behind, with the crowd cheering that another murderer has met his maker.

The Baron from his position in the grandstands speaks, "Nine of the eighteen have survived, some in better shape than others. You will all now enter the Arena and not leave until five of you remain. You will each draw lots to determine your starting position on the Arena. You may have made it through to this point with alliances, but on the Arena grounds, it's every man and woman for himself. You can no longer hide behind your protectors, as you each will be alone to fend for yourself, unless you elect to run across and join up with your "allies", but that is up to each of you. Do not forget you are all murderers and should not put your life blindly in the hands of another. Give us a good show!"

Ground Rules (violation = death):
1. You all will roll a d20 to determine your starting position (no 2 people can start in the same position even if you roll the same number; second person rolls again).
2. Maximum height for levitate is 40' off the ground.
3. Going into the crowd is prohibited (they are 20' above Arena floor).
4. I will roll initiative for the group and for the first Round, advise you each as your turn comes up, to avoid metagaming and attacking someone who is last on the initiative round.
5. Four players have to be dead (neg con score, not dying) in order for the all-out battle to stop.
6. You can kill whomever you want, so don't think the cleric is off limits because DM needs a cleric in the game. No, no one is off limits. If the cleric dies, the game will still work.
7. Any questions, let me know.
8. I will provide a map after each prisoner's position has been determined.

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 26/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

Justified stands showing a serious wound. Taking in his new surroundings he sizes up what the score is. Gaza, thank you for the healing you must have provided. Without it I would likely be bleeding out. You have my gratitude and my protection if you would accept it.

One more for team Gaza. :)

Looking to the monk holding his glaive he refers to his wound and comments Had I stood back and not closed you would wear this wound. You know this to be true. And for thanks you take my only weapon?[b] Justified shakes his head at the callousness of the monk. [b] The way you hold it shows you do not know how to use that weapon. Give it to me and I swear I will not attack you during this coming fight if you do not attack me.

As he speaks he walks towards Kwin.


Please feel free to rp, form alliances, etc but do all this before you roll the d20.

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 26/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

Justified continues his walk but his actual destination is Emilian's body. He first picks up the shield and then a wicked looking spike that came from the chain room. Expertly, he brandishes the shield with swift blocks and thrusts and then stabs at the air with the spike. If his movements are slowed due to his wound, it is hard to see.

I would still prefer my glaive, Haterivet, but if you do not see fit to show me that honor then these will serve. He continues his walk, moving towards Gaza. With a sly smile he adds, not looking back at Haterivet, And maybe I will start beside you.


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

whispered to those around Gaza:
"If you too wish to protect Gaza, I think we can best accomplish that by working together. Our start positions will be random but that does not mean we can not work together. Between Gaza, myself, morgthar, and now Justified, there would only be room for one more survivor. That means we should determine who would be most likely to work with us and who we should eliminate first."

Positioning Roll1d20 ⇒ 7


Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC 16 | 12 | 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Sense Motive +0

Kwin approaches Gaza and those gathering around.

Goblin:
Lady Gaza, I mean you no harm and hope we are two of the five that remain. I know not what the baron has planned for the five survivors, but I believe the two of us, plus three of these brutes, would make a fine force to deal with it.

To all there :
I certainly don't mean Gaza any harm, and I doubt I am much of a threat to any of you. But suffice to say I would be willing to agree that you all indicating those gathered around Gaza would be my lowest priority to harm unless you came after me first. And I may be helpful in whatever the baron has planned later.

Edit:

To all there:
Since the rules call for combat to end when all but five are slain, I'll do my best to make sure any of the others fallen are in fact undisputably slain.


AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 (+2 vs fear); Max HP: 22, Current HP: 22

Emilian breathes in protest as his weapons and shield are stolen.


The headless Emilian...


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

Damn they stole his head too! *shakes his fist at those vandals!*


Well, they behead him and take his body away when you reach the Arena.

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 26/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

Justified listens to the half Orc, then he responds speaking some other, more base language.

In Orcish:
Kor, I am glad you still stand. I will bind my fate to yours and the Tiefing, Gladly. But I do not trust this monk that stands with us. Can you truly vouch for him?

Did not want to die without getting to speak Orc. :)


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

In Orc:
"A speaker of the Dark Tongue, our paths are similar indeed." Kor says with a smile. "As for the Kuthite, they have a reputation for walking dark ways but not for breaking oaths. If he has sworn to our cause this day then I doubt we need fear him"

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 26/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

Justified leans over and whispers in Gaza's ear.

whisper:
Gaza, in your wisdom you chose to save me. Use that same wisdom to discern the truth of my words. There are those here, like you and I, who are good people, who were wrongly accused and convicted, and suffer an unjust fate. And there are those here who profess evil; claim it as their own. I do not presume to judge everyone here, but my life is not so valuable to me that I would join with truly evil men to save it. Heal me so that together we might overcome the evil on this field.

He then glances at Cirnos.


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

As the others crowd around the priestess, Cirnos remarks to the remaining assembly:

Haterviet, Menas, Quain DC26(?):

SECRET MESSAGE ROLL: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 (+/-) any distance penalties??

"You see that? That is what trusting a friendly word will get you. When the going gets tough they up and leave, only looking out for themselves. You think those five over there have your best interests at heart? Then I'm sure you will believe me if I say that they will make Emilian all better. Know that each of them would just as gladly place your head on that chopping block and swing the axe themselves; that they need not risk their own neck."

Pointing at the blood streak that was Emilian, "Not a single tear shed for what could have been a great man. That is a callous, cut-throat killer. You may not think much of me, that is your choice, I am not here for your friendship. I am here to get out of this damn prison. I've offered you all this chance before, but maybe when you see the odds stacked against you, that you will pay it some thought." Gesturing over at the swarm of people surrounding the cleric.

"We all want the same thing, to get out of here with our heads still attached and walking. So I offer this again. Make an oath with me, and I'm at your side through thick and thin. But this is no pretty prose, this is putting your life in someone's hands, and I would hope all of you take it seriously. We swear the oath, and focus on surviving, not worrying about your 'buddy' stabbing you in the back." Pointing to each of them in turn... "You Quain, you look like a breeze could blow you over, that halfling going to give you a chance to shoot that pretty cross bow of yours before he caves in your skull with that sling of his? That he took of the corpse of your 'friend', and don't think we haven't forgotten your oath, we will see how much your word is worth."

" Menas, that fancy new armor you got will only last so long before they tear you apart like rabid dogs."

"And you Hat...." and Cirnos pauses a short while... "You don't talk much, so I can only judge your actions, frankly you disturb me as one of those Kuthonites, but you got guts, and I respect that."

"Or, you can tell me to go burn in the pits of hell, the decision is yours. But I have as always made my intentions known and stand by my word. You know who has saved some of us, and those who have left them to die."

Calling out to the other side of the field..

"When you are done whispering those sweet nothings in the priestess's ear, you may thank me for saving your skin."


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

"You may have been still asleep then but I have already given word that there will be no healing till the end of this match, I cant go back on that, besides I have one burst left and maybe two actual cures, they will be needed at the end regardless of who lives. Good luck, Justified. Stick with Kor, I already gave him a plan of action."

"Here, you may need this."She hands him the dart.
Sleight of hand to pass the syringe with the dart: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 26/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

[b] I would not ask you to go back on your word priestess. I must have been reeling from that blow or still unconscious at the time. Justified takes the offered item(s) tucking them in his clothing. He stands by Kor and draws his lot.

Position roll 1d20 ⇒ 1


Wizard 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC 16 | 12 | 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Sense Motive +0

Position roll 1d20 ⇒ 13

501 to 550 of 885 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Survival PbP - Welcome to the Slaughter! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.