Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Lucendar's Savage Tide....All aboard!

Game Master Lucendar

Map of Eleder


1,101 to 1,150 of 2,592 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Hope no one was planning a more subtle approach...
Baolo looks around the shop, attempting to ascertain if anyone else is present or is Roblach is alone.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
"Hey mon, we're not here for a specimen. Vanthus aks us disya ta see 'im and di Lady. Show us di way."

disya = right here


HP: 44/45 (48/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"yep, the Lady of the Lotus expects us."


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Nemien's face turns to anger, "Excuse me good people, I know of neither Vanthus nor this Lady you speak of so if you're not here to shop, I suggest you take your business elsewhere...immediately!"

Baolo does not detect anyone else in the store.


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

Having spent many decades around pirates, vagabonds and thieves, Aeronniell wonders to herself if Nemien is being entirely honest about who he knows.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Aero, give me a Bluff check.


HP: 44/45 (48/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Depending on the results of aeros check, I think we need to convene outside and decide about coming back at night and exploring.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

To assist Aero if possible:
"Hey mon, don' get all crazy on us. Dem told us to meet dem down below and dat ya would show di way."
Bluff 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

To move things along:
Aero's Bluff check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Nemien's Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Aero whispers to you "He's lying, he knows more than he's telling." Nemien, his face enraged with anger, shouts "Get out now or I will not be responsible for my actions. There's no one to meet, get out!"


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1

If there is a back door, or a way that he can exit, Chez will move to block it.


HP: 44/45 (48/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"Nemien, we aren't here for trouble. We are here for our meeting. You aren't going to call for any guards, as you don't want them poking around this place. Just let us down, and we'll leave you be. Easy enough?"


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Baolo moves to block the main door, "Hey mon, wi aren't di people ya want ta mess wit. Show us di way." Baolo casually unslings his bow from his shoulder.
Intimidate 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Perhaps a little too casually...


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

As Nemien sees everyone moving in his showroom, he attacks!

Initiative:
Aero: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Baolo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Chez: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Ialda: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Kowaru: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Nemien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Order:
Chez
Nemien
Baolo
Aero
Kowaru (if still with us)
Ialda

Updated Map


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1

I'm guessing that this all went down too quickly, but I did post earlier that I wanted to move to block that door he is about to leave through. However, as things are now, Chez will move to F6 to engage while drawing his rapier as part of his move action.

Rapier attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Rapier damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Please surrender."

Note: You noted that he was attacking, but I don't know if he had a weapon he was reaching for, or in hand. If he was unarmed and not reaching for a weapon, then a -4 penalty should apply to the above attack roll as Chez would attempt to just subdue.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Round 1: Nemien's action

Chez' slaps Nemien in the face with the flat blade of his rapier, drawing blood. The man snarls in anger, "You will die for that!" Arcane energy starts to course through the man's body, until he disappears from sight!

Concentration check for casting defensively DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18..success!

Rest of the party is up!


HP: 44/45 (48/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Ialda moves to block the entrance (assuming Chez didn't get there). "Block all the exits. Don't let him sneak away and warn Vanthus!"


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

What square are you moving to, Ialda? Use the map. Chez is at F6, per his action.


HP: 44/45 (48/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Im not entirely sure where the entrance is on the map, but if G 5 and 6 Are double doors, I will move to G 6.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Round 1
Pretty sure B9 is an entrance, so Baolo keeps blocking it.
Baolo nocks a blunt arrow to his bow and scans the room, looking for any shadows or movement.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Ready action to shoot a blunt arrow at Nemien if he spots him.
Attack (Readied Action, Non-Lethal) 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5
Damage (Readied Action) 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


HP 17/17, AC 20/16/20, F +4, R +5 W +6, Init +2, Per +7

Round 1

Kowaru follows Ialda into the back of the Taxidermist's Guild to aid her in finding and subduing the fleeing Nemien.

Mechanics:

Head to G7 - not sure if that's a door back there or not, but it seems a good way to head for now!


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1

Note: I think there is also a door at E5?


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

Spellcraft (to identify the spell he cast): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

I would've guessed Invisibility, but the DC to cast it was only 17, so it's first level, whatever it is?

Not again! What's the point of this faerie fire spell Desna will allow me to cast if these guys disappear so fast?

Intentionally use move action to search for Nemien...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Standard action to cast Faerie Fire if Aeronniell can locate him.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies
Ialda Soumral wrote:
Im not entirely sure where the entrance is on the map, but if G 5 and 6 Are double doors, I will move to G 6.

Actually, not double doors. Two separate doors leading to two different rooms.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies
Aeronniell Ithilwen wrote:

Spellcraft (to identify the spell he cast): 1d20+8

I would've guessed Invisibility, but the DC to cast it was only 17, so it's first level, whatever it is?

Aero:
The spell cast was Vanish. You look and listen but you cannot spot the mage.[/ooc]

Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Correct, there is a door at E5. Chez is up!


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1

I just wanted to get a door summary before Chez moves:
West Door at E5 - closed
South Door at G5 - closed
South Door at G6 - closed
East Door at G7 - closed? (Is this a closed door to the east or is it an open door from the south?)


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Correct on all doors. G7 is a closed door to the east. You forgot closed door at B9 and the open door at F7.


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1

While now drawing his shortsword, Chez will move to E5, while prepared to poke anything with his rapier should he bump into something invisible.

"You can still walk away from this. Surrender."


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

"His spell! I recognize it! It will only last maybe thirty seconds at most... if we cover the exits, he should reappear shortly!"

Blessed Desna, help me find him like a lost traveler finds the North Star...

Standard action to cast Guidance.

Move action to actively search using Perception again.

Perception (expending Guidance): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"We need to buy a dog or something, to sniff out all these vanishing rogues!"


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Round 2

"Ya mon, ya got dat right Aero. Deh tricky!"
Baolo keeps his arrow nocked and continues scanning the room. He fires if Nemien shows himself.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Attack (Readied Action, Non-Lethal) 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14
Damage (Readied Action) 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Aero and Baolo:
Ranged attack roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 4) = 8

A blast of fire suddenly sears Aero's chest, as Nemien appears in C9, dagger in one hand. "How are you still alive?", he asks incredulous that his magic did not kill Aero. Baolo's readied action goes off, but bounces off of Nemien harmlessly.
Nemien's AoO vs. Baolo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Updated Order:
Chez
Baolo
Nemien
Aero
Kowaru
Ialda

Aero, Kowaru, and Ialda are up to finish Round 2.


HP: 44/45 (48/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Ialda moves to D 9, taking a swing at the reappearing mage with her flail.

Not sure if someone is across him to gain a flanking bonus with. I'll not add that in for now.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

Grimacing, Aeronniell manages to grunt, "found him!" as she brushes away the scorched marks from her chest.

I better mend these wounds in case he does that again...

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Status:
HP: 11/14


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

I'll give you Round 3 since only Kowaru and Chez still need to go in front of me.

Round 3

"Cho! Ya wanna play dat way mon, we'll play. Chez, he's over here an' out fa blood!" Baolo drops his bow to the ground and draws his knife, slashing out at the shopkeeper.
Attack (Brass Knife) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage (Brass Knife) 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Status:

AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13. . (+3 armor, +4 Dex)
hp 11/16
Weapon Equipped Brass Knife +2 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1

Chez will move to D8 and give him a poke with his rapier

Rapier attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Rapier damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Chez cannot reach D8 with a single move as he was in E5, so he double moves and cannot attack. Kowaru delays.

Round 3 Nemien's attack:

Baolo's blade plunges deep into Nemien's ribs, despite his magical field of force. He sees the party surrounding him and invokes more arcane magic, unleashing a cone of vivid colors, catching Aero, Chez, and Ialda! Chez falls unconscious instantly, but Aero and Ialda resist the powerful magic! Nemien's face turns to considerable worry!

Cast defensively: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 4 = 20..forgot to add +4 bonus for Combat Casting feat last time

Will saves:
Aero: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Chez: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Ialda: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Updated Map

Since I don't know when Kowaru will post, just continue without him for now. Aero, Ialda, and Baolo are up!


HP: 44/45 (48/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Ialda keeps swinging at the Mage. She waits until he is distracted by Baolo's attack then swings at Nemien.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Conditions: Flank.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Despite the powerful blow that breaks numerous ribs, the mage is tough and still stands!


HP 17/17, AC 20/16/20, F +4, R +5 W +6, Init +2, Per +7

Sorry, work has been INSANE since Monday. Playing catchup now. I should be back to posting regularly now.

Round 3

Kowaru is slow to react to the screams from the front room, and races back to the front, only to find Nemien surrounded. He stands over Chez, and grabs at Nemien's clothes.

Mechanics:

Move to D8, attempt to grapple Nemien.
CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

Aeronniell considers Nemiem with a careful eye.

"I thought wizards were supposed to be smart. Someone smart would surrender when he clearly sees he's outnumbered and outmatched."

Move action to move to Chez, and a standard action to wake him.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Round 4

Baolo bobs his head in agreement, "Not dis one Aero. If he was smart, he would haf shown us di way down ta begin wit." Knife already dripping with Nemien's blood, Baolo brings it back up for another brutal thrust at Nemien's gut.
Attack (Brass Knife) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Confirm (Brass Knife) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage (Brass Knife) 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Extra Damage if confirmed (Brass Knife) 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Baolo's blade cuts Nemien's jugular and he falls dead to the floor. Chez does not wake up, as he is unconscious, not asleep.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Baolo wipes his knife off on Nemien's fancy clothes and puts it back in his belt. "Feh, didn't haf ta be dis way mon..." He picks his bow back up. "Anyone want ta see if wi ken save 'im or do wi drag 'im in baak and look fa a way down once Chez wakes up?"


HP: 44/45 (48/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"I can go either way. Keeping a wizard around is dangerous, though. I don't care if one of you want to heal him though."

Ialda attempts to concentrate on the wizard. She looks very carefully at his items, trying to see the aura's of his possessions, checking for a magical hint.

Cast Detect Magic.


HP 17/17, AC 20/16/20, F +4, R +5 W +6, Init +2, Per +7

"Damn," Kowaru curses, displeasure evident on his face. "Another assault upon our heads. Is it too late to save him, Baolo?" Kowaru assists the holy warrior in patching up the fallen arcanist.

Mechanics:

Aid Another on a Heal test. I suspect Baolo's going to do that - if someone else does, then I help them. If nobody else does, then I guess I'm actually trying the First Aid myself.

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

"I suppose it's worth saving him if we can, he may know more than he shared earlier, and knowledge is the greatest reward for our effort."

Heal Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Baolo studies Nemien to see if there is any sign of heartbeat or breathing.
Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
If so, he murmurs a prayer to Shimye-Magalla to breath life back into the man. Casts stabilize


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

I don't play NPCs die at negative Con, like players, unless they are special NPCs vital to the outcome of the game or I am rping some monologue as they are dying. Everyone else dies when they hit -1 hps. So Nemien is dead, not dying.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Actually glad he's dead. Didn't want to have him harassing us later. Seems like the type.

"Sorry Kowaru. Dis one has gone to di Boneyard. An' wi didn't start dis fight, he did. Let's see what secrets di Taxidermist's Hall hides." Baolo stops to look back over Nemien's corpse. "Shimye-Magalla, what ken ya show Baolo 'bout dis man?" Casts detect magic and studies Nemien's body and things.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

The dagger on the floor next to Nemien glows magical, as well as a potion on his side and a wand.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Baolo puzzles over what the various items may be.
Spellcraft (dagger) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Spellcraft (potion) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Spellcraft (wand) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
He smiles crookedly, "Someday I'll get di hang o' dis. Aero, ya bettah take a look. I'll help search dis shop."
Perception to check main room looking for records, stashed items, and any way to get below the shop.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

1,101 to 1,150 of 2,592 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Savage Tide....All aboard! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.