Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Lucendar's Savage Tide....All aboard!

Game Master Lucendar

Map of Eleder


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,398 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"Looks like it's going to take at least two trips, no matter what. I can wait here with the chests while three of you head over. One of you can come back to get the next load, while the others head to the Lady's abode, and warn her about Vanthus. How about Kowaru, Chez, and Aero head over first? It'll take some time, but we should be able to get this done fairly easily."


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

More like 3 trips. Chez, Aero, and Kowaru head over and Kowaru returns. Then Baolo gets in and is dropped off. Finally, Kowaru returns, picks up Ialda and the chests.

So after about about four hours, you are all on the mainland and Kowaru's muscles ache from all the rowing.


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Lol, math is hard.

"Thanks, Kowaru. That is traveling in style. Let's sell off all this extra stuff and head to Lady Vanderboren's."

At minimum, we might change the copper into some gems or something more portable.


You find a banking establishment of Abadar, who happily exchanges all the copper pieces/silver/gold for platinum for a small banking fee of 10 gp.

You head over to the Vanderboren estate and find Lavinia anxiously waiting for news. "How does the search go?"


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Chez would you mind doing the calculations on dividing up the cash, and potions in your wonderful loot thread? And we also owe the guy who gave us the hints some cash for the information, as I recall. You da man for keeping that straight!

"Well, we found Vanthus, all right. And we found what was left of that Penkus fellow he had been dealing with. Vanthus actually tried to leave us to die in the smuggler's tunnels we followed him to, much as he did the unlucky Penkus. As we were looking for a way out, we discovered a several undead creatures down there. I don't know if your brother was involved with the undead, but they were certainly occupying areas very close to each other. It was a bad scene. We used your name to attempt to sway Vanthus our way, but he would have none of it, unfortunately."


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Yeah mon, from what Vanthus said, he definitely did in Penkus. Wi shared ya interest in seein' 'im, but he just trapped us down deh."


Lavinia stands there in shock for a few seconds before responding, "I cannot believe Vanthus has done such despicable acts. Are you sure he was not possessed or mentally influenced by someone else? I have heard there are magics capable of doing so?"


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"No doubt deh are Lavinia. Deh was no sign of anyone else in di tunnels, but I tink more powerful magic ken change people fierce. Didn' ya say he had been changin'? Was he seein' any mages?"


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"Also, we might get to ask him in person. Lady, do you know of the Lady of the Lotus? Penkus left a note that Vanthus was dwelling with her under the Taxidermists Hall. Where is that place located?"


"Mages? Not that I know of, but as I said before, I have no idea with whom he associated in the past couple of months. Lady of the Lotus? I know a lotus is a beautiful flower/plant but I know of no one by that name. As for the Taxidermist's Guild Hall, yes, it is located in Portside. It is a place of great prestige, known for selling the upper class merchants of Eleder all types of stuffed heads to hang on their walls." She gives you the exact address.


Lavinia stops to think and then speaks, as she holds back tears. "If my brother is ensorcelled, then please bring hack back to me as unharmed as possible. If, however, he has turned a life of evil and is doing harm to innocents, I cannot have that on my conscience. I humbly request that you bring him alive to face justice or in the worse case, give him a merciful death."


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"Do you think we could stay here one more night? We are pretty heat up from the undead on that island. All our healing is gone until tomorrow."


"Sure, my home is your home."
750 xp each for your work on Parrot Island.


HP 17/17, AC 20/16/20, F +4, R +5 W +6, Init +2, Per +7

Kowaru bows his head as he sees how much pain Vanthus has brought to his sister. "I am sorry we must bear this news to you, sister. If he is mystically conditioned, we will bring him to you. If he has chosen this path of his own free will, then we will do what we can to bring him back to you."

Once morning comes, he eats a light breakfast with the rest of his allies. "Before we head to the Taxidermist's guild hall, we should discuss outfitting ourselves. We very nearly died beneath Parrot Island, and would have surely remained there if there had been more of the walking dead. Perhaps getting some sort of healing focus for Aeronniell or Baolo would be in order."

Flavor Text Free Version:

So, do we have enough cash to pick up a wand of cure light wounds? Failing that, we should probably get some potions and scrolls. Aeron and Baolo might actually get to cast their spells at that point!


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Tanks Lavinia. Kowaru, let's go to di mahkets. I could use a few more arrows too if deh is time."

Flavor Text Free Version:

Yes, I agree. We should have enough as long as the prices aren't jacked up in Eleder :) My blunt arrows do bludgeoning damage, but I think after the experience with the zombies, Baolo will also look for some arrows that do slashing. If not, he'll just rearm with more traditional arrows and use his knife if things ever get really hairy.


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Should we use the potions we have now to get close to healed, so we can recover a couple of points for the nights rest and be full, so that aero and Barolo can save their spells for emergencies? I am all in favor of getting a CLW wand.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

I think so, that way if we get jumped on our way to the market or the Taxidermist's Guild Hall, we'll be close to full strength and conserving resources.


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1

"I'm guessing the individual bags of 100 gold coins were the shares the guy was referring to. I'll keep a bag off to the side for paying his his share."

"I will also need to make a visit to the place we rented the boat from, as I will need to see what recompense I will need to provide him should we be unable to find the boat. I suspect we will not, but I wouldn't mind spending some time checking the docks around the area to see if we can find it. I can do all that on my own if the rest of you want to hunt down a healing wand and get the gems appraised."


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

We also have to get a couple things identified, iirc. DM will give us a price for the identify and we can subtract that, too. And we definitely need to buy that CLW wand.

"I'd suggest no one heading out alone today. Vanthus is clever enough to realize we might escape the tunnels. He could have spies out ready to ambush us as well. We have a few hours, so I'd prefer we take our time and shop together."

Can Ialda drink one of the CLW potions? That will give her back 9 HP and after a nights rest, she will be full strength. Everyone else injured should probably do the same.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

No objection Ialda. Baolo was not with you when you recovered the potions with the "S" that tasted like saltwater, so if you want him to try to identify it before we pay someone to do so, he'll have a Spellcraft of 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13. I would also suggest having Baolo pass on drinking one of the potions. He'll only be down 3 hp. Chez should definitely drink one.

"I agree with ya Ialda. If Vanthus has any plans for us, we best be togethah."


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

Don't forget - 4HP regained per night with a successful heal check.

"I'm also fond of shopping for arrows and a wand. If we're going to continue to hunt for someone as cunning as Vanthus, we need to be better prepared."


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Okie dokie, Ialda will drink one of the cure light wound potions, then. I'll add th 9 hps.

"Yep, let's get to it then. Arrows and wands don't exactly grow on trees, you know," she says, not realizing the humor in that statement.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

For identifying magic items/potions using Spellcraft, you can try once a day, so if you rest and wait till next day, you can try again.

For the 2 pouches of gems, you get 485 gp.
Jade Coffer is worth 300 gp.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

The night before...
"Aero, I ken help ya tend ta everyone's wounds tonight so we can see about heading out fully healed tomorrow."

Long-Term Care:

Aero, since you have the +5 Heal, we should probably have you as the primary long-term caretaker. I can assist.
Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
So, if assisting, successful. If on my own, fails. I will just add back the normal 2 hp for now (forgot that it is one per level).

And, in the morning...
"Before we head out, let me take another look at that last potion from the caves that we couldn't identify yesterday."
Spellcraft (after detect magic) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Potion of Enlarge Person


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

I'll just roll a check for everyone for last night (in alphabetical order, of course)...

Heal (Aeron): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Heal (Baolo): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Heal (Chez): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
Heal (Ialda: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
Heal (Kowaru): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17

Last Potion...
Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Baolo laughs, "Ialda, I tink dis potion might be fa ya. Anuthah one ta make ya biggah!"


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"Strange thing, Baolo. I think I know how to do that again. Let Chez or Kowaru have that potion, as somehow I think Ill be able to do that when necessary. Also, I looked at that wand last night, and I think I have figured it out as well. I can use it to give protection to someone without armor for about an hour. I'm looking at you, Kowaru, as it could really make it harder for Vanthus's thugs to strike you."


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Baolo laughs some more "Two o' ya biggah? Dat would be a sight ta see." Baolo waits for Chez or Kowaru to claim the potion and hands it to them.

"I'm ready ta go ta di Bahtah Mahkets when di rest o' ya are."

DM, do you want to roleplay out the shopping for arrows and a wand of CLW (if you'll permit us to find one)?


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

As they walk to the market, Ialda takes off the gold holy symbol reclaimed from the tunnels. "Here you go, Aero. You should have this...it's really pretty. I wouldn't feel right selling it, so you should use it. I bet Desna would enjoy seeing you put it to good use."


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Baolo, no need. Just post what you want to buy in the OOC thread and I'll give a summary of the purchase experience.


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

Aeronniell purses her lips as she regards the holy symbol.

"Mine has sentimental value," she adds, as her hand drifts to it. "It was given to me by my adopted father... certainly don't sell it, I thought perhaps you were considering The Dreamer after all she has done to further our goals?"

I really must pay Jerrell's grave a visit, we've been so busy since we arrived...


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"How about I hold onto it for you, and we see what happens? Who knows what path, we'll end up on in our travels?"


HP 17/17, AC 20/16/20, F +4, R +5 W +6, Init +2, Per +7

Kowaru regards Ialda as though viewing her in a new light. "Interesting. I had no idea that you were skilled with the ways of magic, sister. The thought of being protected by armor without having to wear it is intriguing, and will no doubt come in handy bringing Vanthus to justice. But let us be quick - Vanthus may still believe we perished on Parrot Island. He may not be prepared for us to find him again. Let us make our purchases, and get to the Guild of Taxidermists quickly, before someone alerts him to his mistake."

A wand of cure light wounds costs 750 - that's 125gp if we all pitch in to get one. Also, I wouldn't mind picking up a masterwork kama, just in case we run into more zombies. I'll check the treasure thread to make sure I've got enough cash to cover my purchases.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"I agree wit ya Kowaru. Let's see if wi ken get di drop on 'im now."

I think we're good with the shopping requests. I just recalculated and posted in the treasure thread. Still over 1000 gp if anyone has anything else they need. At some point, I'll buy some specialized arrows, but not yet.


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Ialda doesn't need any purchases now. I'd rather wait to get something a little more expensive later. Do we need to divvy up the potions now? That way, if we need soem quick healing, we can pull a potion and deal with it.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Made a suggestion on how to split them up over in the loot thread.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Did anyone go see Shefton to give him his 1000 gp cut or did you conveniently forget about him?


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Chez posted earlier about making sure he got his cash.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

He posted he put it to the side, not that he contacted him. Okay.

Chez:
When you go back to Garras, the boat merchant, he stares at you in shock. "Your friend, the handsome aristocrat, said you met with an untimely demise on Parrot Island. That's why he was returning the boat. After inspecting it for any damages and seeing all was in perfect condition, I gave him your deposit. Possession is 9/10 of the law. I hope you're not too angry with me. He didn't seem the thieving sort."


22nd day of Desnus

You rise from sleep, feeling healthier (everybody except Baolo recovered 4 hps overnight from Aero's healing). As you eat breakfast, Lavinia comes in and says, "Did you hear the news this morn? Keltar Islaran, the harbormaster of Eleder, was found murdered in his bed, in an especially gruesome manner from the details that have crept out. The city is abuzz with this news."


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"Lady, what were the details? This is the first I have heard of a murder. I wonder who would have a grudge against the Harbormaster?"


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1
The_Demonic_DM wrote:

Did anyone go see Shefton to give him his 1000 gp cut or did you conveniently forget about him?

Although Chez did give him his "cut" since there were bags of 100gp, Chez gave him the 100gp assuming it was his cut. If he is claiming that his cut was more than that... hrmm... Chez would have to confer with the group first, but Chez' first thought would be to call him a liar :)


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Ya mon, hadn' heard 'bout the Harbormastah. Mebbe he messin' wit a ooman he shouldn'? I tink deh have been gang problems too...were deh any rumors he worked wit one o' dem?"


"I don't know who he was involved with, but a lot of people have been showing up dead in the harbor every morn these past few weeks, thanks to dem Dragons."


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

Aeronniell shakes her head sadly as she nibbles on some fresh fruit.

"Not exactly a subtle organization if they're being linked to murders, certainly the town watch will take action against such a bold group if they haven't already?"


Lavinia smiles, "You must not be from around here, if you believe that, sweetie."


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"You need to be careful around here, Lady Vanderboren. Apparently, Eleder seems to be quickly going downhill. Make sure your guards are up to snuff. Hopefully we can get Vanthus back here and then go from there."


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Ya mon, dis city has a sickness it canna shake an' it gets worse. Dem Dragons are di worst. I try ta help ma people, but some o' dem are part o' di problem... Well, wi know where ta go next. Let's look fa Vanthus at di Taxidermist's Hall."


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

You walk through the crowded streets of Eleder after breakfast on your way to the Guildhall. You pass merchants, hawkers peddling their wares, beggars, guards, magistrates, and other types and much of the word on the street is about the Harbormaster's murder. You finally reach Salt Water Street and the entrance. The place is open for business and you enter. As you enter the showroom, a bell rings above the door and you are confronted by various expertly stuffed and preserved animals, ranging from parrots, monkeys, and bats to more exotic looking creatures like a monstrous centipede, a stirge, and even a black dragon wyrmling. As you admire the craftsman ship, a middle-aged man with a gold tooth, a curled moustache, wearing an earring and fancy clothes steps from behind the door to the south. "In what fine specimen are we interested in today? I am Nemien Roblach."

Pic of Nemien

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,398 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Savage Tide....All aboard! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.