Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lucendar's Savage Tide....All aboard!

Game Master Lucendar

Map of Eleder


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,545 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

You move the coins but find no tunnel underneath.


HP 17/17, AC 20/16/20, F +4, R +5 W +6, Init +2, Per +7

"There doesn't have to be, sister," Kowaru says darkly. "But, for all our sakes, let us hope there is one that Vanthus missed." Kowaru examines the chair the former Desnan was sitting upon before they discovered his treasure chamber.

Mechanics:

Take 20 on Perception on the chair. All we've got is time right now.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

You guys are really going Sherlock Holmes on me... The chair is just a chair, Kowaru, nothing special about it.


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

With nothing left to do, while the others searched the prison, Ialda started focusing again on the chests. When everyone was looking elsewhere or at a safe distance, the barbarian began to attempt her production of the little bursts of acid trained at the lock of the first chest. Maybe the answer to getting out of here is inside these chests...

Even though there is a chance of spell failure, she will keep attempting to conjure enough acid to burn away the locks.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Can we take a 20 in the pools of water too or have you already taken that into consideration with Chez's attempt? Considering trying a bunch of swim/perception checks to see where we thought the ocean water was coming in, but if that has already been accounted for, I'll see how the chests play out and then look for other ideas.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

There's a leak in the ceiling of the tunnels right before you reached the Huecuva's chamber, so you know where the water is coming from. Ialda, energy attacks do 1/2 damage so your acid is not penetrating the iron lock or the wooden chest's hardness. Since no one has disable device, you have to break the lock, unless you have some other plan of getting into it.


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Frustrated, ialda decides to smash away at the locks, since they were beyond her capabilities to open.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Hang on mon, I tink there was a door wi nevah looked behind. Remember when wi were first chasing aftah Vanthus? Wasn't there a door back near di room wit di table?" Baolo returns to the door back between the room with the table and the cave-in and inspects the door.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Assuming he finds nothing, he opens it up, ready to close it quickly if more zombies are hiding.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

I had posted that the room was empty, Baolo. At least, that's why the room is revealed on my map.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Sorry mon, false alarm, I forgot wi checked dat one. Has anyone checked di first pool of watah wi went through?" If not, Baolo will check the 5' deep pool that we first passed through on the way to the huecuva.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

I assumed with his take 20, that Chez searched all submerged tunnels.


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1

"Well, here's hoping there's something in those chests that indicate an alternate way out, otherwise I think we will have to climb to the top of the ladder and start digging our way out."


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

So is Ialda taking 20 on the Break attempt or is she rolling?


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

I still have a couple ideas, but let's check the chests.
"Shimye-Magalla, here's hopin' ya got sometin in di chests ta get us out."
Chest 1 detect magic
Chest 1 Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Chest 2 detect magic
Chest 2 Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Chest 3 detect magic
Chest 3 Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Ill take 20, DM.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

1d3 ⇒ 1

Ialda works on the chest for two minutes, giving it a couple of wacks with her flail so strong that the chest rolls over on its side and its contents shake violently. At the end, the lock budges under the barbarian's might and snaps off. Inside she finds coins: 3500 cp and 1500 sp.

Do the same with the other 2 chests?


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Yep.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

On the second chest, more of the same pounding till the lock finally gives revealing: A dozen bags (10 of which contain 100 gp each and 2 of which a small handful of assorted gems.

1d8 ⇒ 1..really lucky with dice roll!
On the third chest, Ialda hears glass break inside, after one of her more powerful swings tumbles it. It eventually opens revealing:
8 potion flasks but only one them is broken, so 7 survive
A wand
Jade coffer

When you open the coffer, inside lying on a tiny velvet cushion is an crimson glass elixir, with a note attacked to it: Use in case of emergency

The potions, elixir, and wand radiate magical auras.


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Woot!

"Well, I'd say this is certainly is an emergency. I wonder if this should be drank like a potion, or used some other way?" Ialda makes sure everyone gets to see the note and give advice on how to proceed.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Yay! Not sure if you want to use the earlier rolls, but if not...

"Cha! Nice Ialda, ya opened it wit only one broken. Mebbe I ken figure out what it is."
Casts detect magic on crimson glass elixir.
Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Baolo cannot determine the nature of the potion.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Sorry, I haf no idea what dis one is. Ialda, Aero. Ya haf magic too, no? Want to try? I'll see if I haf any more luck wit di wand."
Casts detect magic on the wand.
Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Nope.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Rockin' it.

"I must haf upset Shimye-Magalla today. First locked in di tunnels. Now, no luck wit di magic. I'll try di potions."
Casts detect magic on each potion.
Spellcraft on 1st potion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Spellcraft on 2nd potion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Spellcraft on 3rd potion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Spellcraft on 4th potion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Spellcraft on 5th potion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Spellcraft on 6th potion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Spellcraft on 7th potion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Result of Spellcraft Rolls:
1 - Cure Light Wounds
2 - Cure Light Wounds
3 - ?
4 - ?
5 - ?
6 - ?
7 - ?


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

Aeronniell examines the wand, and tries to recall old stories Jerrell may have told her about a similar implement.

Spellcraft checks first.

Wand (with Guidance): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

She will then turn to examining the potions.

Potion #3: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Potion #4: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Potion #5: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Potion #6: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Potion #7: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

For any potions that she could not clearly comprehend them by appearance, she will venture the smallest sip to identify them by taste.

Perception checks

Remaining Potion Attempt #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Remaining Potion Attempt #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Remaining Potion Attempt #3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Remaining Potion Attempt #4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Result of Spellcraft Rolls:
1 - Cure Light Wounds
2 - Cure Light Wounds
3 - Lesser Restoration
4 - Invisibility
5 - Barkskin +3
6 - Cure Serious Wounds
7 - ?
Wand of Mage Armor (11 charges)
You going to roll for crimson elixir?


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

Crimson exilir Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Potion seven 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Ialda looks at the two unidentified items that had been recovered, trying to identify their properties. Unfortunately, she still couldn't effectively harness his power. "Well, I think the only thing to do is chug the red one and see what happens. Before we do, one of you should take all the potions and the wand, in case we all get transported away or something. We can come back for the rest of the coins, if that happens. With some rope," she adds.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

Um, how about Spellcraft on the red one for Aero?


HP 17/17, AC 20/16/20, F +4, R +5 W +6, Init +2, Per +7

As the mystically inclined members of the group start to examine the magics emanating from the treasure, Kowaru knelt down in a relatively clear area of the cave system. He began to pay attention to his breathing, and spent some time reclaiming control of his soul.

The others think they have seen the worst of the beast within, he thought. I pray they continue to think that is the worst I am capable of.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Aero's Spellcraft roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16..she has no idea either what it is.


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"Can anyone think of an idea that doesn't involve drinking this potion? Worst case scenario is that it is a poison, and we do have some healing potions here that might help us with the worst affects from that."


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Wi ken check out di cave-in. Wi ken see if pullin' down di ceilin' where di leaks are an' see if it leads to di ocean. I ken use magic ta flood di area by di trap door an' float up ta see if wi can get a bettah angle. Wi ken wedge a barrel in the shaft under the trap door or take dem an' di table an' see if it goes high enough. But, di elixir sounds like a good start."


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"If it is a trap, I'm pretty sturdy. I can probably handle it...you all just be ready to throw a healing potion down me, if it seems like I need it, okay?". If no one else objects, Ialda will tilt the elixir back and drink it down.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Go ahead mon, I'll get a healing potion ready." Baolo stands ready with a healing potion (cure serious wounds) in case Ialda is hurt by the emergency elixir.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Ialda:
Your mind goes dark, as a wave of nausea sweeps over you, as you feel as if you are on a roller coaster, your body twitching from side to side, as if not under your control. Then your body disappears completely and you feel light headed. As you look down at what was ibce your body, you realize you are now mist! Treat as gaseous form.

Ialda's body convulses, as she drinks the potion, and she falls to the ground. As Baolo moves to administer aid, Ialda suddenly disappears and in her place, is a cloud of mist.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Cho! Dat canna be good. Ialda! Di potions aren't gonna fix dis!"
Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

DM

Spoiler:
Interesting...wonder if I can float through the gate Vanthus shut on us?. Ialda will float in that direction, trying to find an open crack she could get through, so she might save the others.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Ialda:
Yes, while the gate is shut, it is not sealed tightly, and in your new form, you slip through the cracks and appear on the surface, in the clearing!


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

DM

Spoiler:
Ialda takes in the view, strange as it appeared in her new form. Mist was a new and different experience for her. She tries to shake the thoughts out of her head, as she tries to focus on her normal green skinned form, hoping to go from mist to solid once again.


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

The party sees the mist rise up the shaft and then disappear.

Ialda:
Through force of concentration, you will yourself back to solid form.


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

As she takes her regular form, Ialda quickly scans the area, looking for any signs that Vanthus might still be there, ready to ambush her. If she sees none, she struggles and pulls the gate open. She looks down at her friends. "That was awesome! Did you see that potion turned me into that mist. I just floated right up here, licketty split. Can you throw an end of that ladder up here? Let's get you all out of there."


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

Vanthus is nowhere to be seen. Since you can't climb, carrying those heavy and awkward chests, I assume you tie some rope to them and haul them out that way. Eventually, you all get out of the tunnels, many of you wounded. When you go to the beach where you docked, you find your boat missing.


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1

Chez nods expectedly and silently at the missing boat.


F HP30/30 AC18 T12 FF13 F3 R4 W4/6 Init+3 Perc+9/+11 Oracle 4 (Stargazer)

Ah my Perception rolls were the rolls to cover the couple potions that Spellcraft didn't get - I only expected the first 2-3 Perception rolls to be used since it looked like there were only 2 potions that got by Spellcraft checks!

Standing on the beach where the party's sailboat was one moored, Aeronnniell shakes her fists in the air.

"It... just figures! But the boat had a name right? We can track it? Head towards town and ask who's seen it?"


HP 12; AC 19/15/14; F +3, R +4, W +0; Init +4; Perception +0; 2-W Fighter 1

"As soon was we figure out how to get off this island, that will be the first order of business." Chez grins slyly.

"Well, here's hoping there's a rowboat or raft hidden around here somewhere." Chez will begin searching the area.


HP: 45/45 (49/49 raging), AC 16/16/15; F +6, R+2, W+4 Init. +1; Perception +10

"Remember, we did see another boat when we got here an this island. I think it was a rowboat. Let's go see if that boat is still here. This Vanthus character is really starting to get under my skin."


HP 17/17, AC 20/16/20, F +4, R +5 W +6, Init +2, Per +7

Kowaru inhales deeply after clambering out of the damp hole on Parrot Island. "I recall the boat you speak of, sister. Once we find it, we should make haste for the Vanderboren estate. We need to let Lavinia know her brother has ill plans for her."

With that, the monk begins searching the coastline of Parrot Island for the boat they had seen when they arrived.


HP 28/28, AC 20/14/16, F +5 R +5 W +7, Init +6, Per +9

"Ya mon, I thought dat rowboat was right here too. Mebbe he just pushed one or di other into di surf." Baolo looks out into the sea to see if he spots either boat.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Your bloodthirsty Master of Ceremonies

You find the rowboat still hidden in the sand. It holds 2-3 Medium passengers or 2 passengers and the chests. It is in working condition.

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,545 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Savage Tide....All aboard! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.