Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Lucendar's Legacy of Fire PbP

Game Master Lucendar


5,551 to 5,600 of 5,802 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>

Eli Wynnstock wrote:
"If your coming, then come but this ends today!"

I see this a lot, especially on these boards, and sorry to rant, but it's my pet peeve and it annoys the hell out of me!

Your = possessive as in your house, your dog, etc..
You're = you are in you're coming with me.
Thanks!


AC 22/15/18; HP 67/67; F+8, R+8, W+6 Init. +4; Perception +11

"Lets do it then. He will learn what happens when you test the Sand stalkers!"

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16

Doh! And I I have an english degree :{ I must be at the end of the semester.


hp 61/61, AC 22/15/17, F +13 R +12 W +11 Init: +4, Perception: +0

"Eli, Wait! We do not know what happened here. Rayhan's guard and servants may be injured or dead. We have to check inside to see if they are ok. Besides, they might know more of what happened."


hp 55/55 AC: 26/17/21 F +5 R +11 W +6 {+4 vs bards/sonic/lang; +1 vs traps} Initiative + 4; Perception +9

"Then check on them, but hurry up!" Eli's anger is flaring very uncharacteristically.


hp 61/61, AC 22/15/17, F +13 R +12 W +11 Init: +4, Perception: +0

Jameena opens the gate and hurries inside.

"Quzman, come help me - I may need your sharp eyes and knowledge of tracks."


The party enters the villa and finds the guard lying unconscious on the floor. A small bolt protrudes from his back. You check the rest of the main house and find remnants of a magical battle, including scorch and electricity marks on the floor and walls. About 10-12 bolts lie on the floor or stuck in walls/furniture. The place looks like it has been tossed, floor boards pulled up, and shelves ripped off the walls. If you check for the cook, you find she and her husband in a similar state as the guard: alive but unconscious. Suddenly, you hear a horse's hooves approach the house and a male warrior clad in native gear gets off. He signals Quzman, who goes over to him and they speak in the Badawi language. They seem to argue and yell at each other. Quzman walks back to the party and says, "It seems my presence is required in my village and my position on the Council, which I received thanks to my acts as a member of the Sand Stalkers, requires me to leave for a short while. I cannot in good conscience leave you, my brothers, especially in a moment of peril, with 2 of our friends missing. I must give the messenger an answer now. What say ye?"


hp 55/55 AC: 26/17/21 F +5 R +11 W +6 {+4 vs bards/sonic/lang; +1 vs traps} Initiative + 4; Perception +9

"Go, your duty to your people is important to us. We will deal with this scum and await your return while Rayhan finishes discovering the secrets of the Scroll."


AC 22/15/18; HP 67/67; F+8, R+8, W+6 Init. +4; Perception +11

"I agree, Quzman. Help your people. We'll see you soon, I'm sure."


"Thank you, my brothers. I will return with haste!" Quzman bids farewell and with his wolf, runs off with the messenger.

Now what?


Human Jedi 1 | HP 32/32 Thr 14 | Init + 3 | Perc + 2 | Ref 14 | Will 13 | Fort 14 |
Resources :
Force 5 | Destiny 1 | Battle Strike, Surge

If no one here at the villa needs our assistance, then we should move on and find Haleen and Rayhan. He looks to Eli to lead the way through the maze of a city.


hp 61/61, AC 22/15/17, F +13 R +12 W +11 Init: +4, Perception: +0
Mahath Kishion wrote:
If no one here at the villa needs our assistance, then we should move on and find Haleen and Rayhan.

Uhm, how about the unconcious guard and servants? Don't they count?

Jameena rushes to the unconcious people. After making sure they are alive and carefully removing the bolts, she turns to the other Sand Stalkers.

Help me get them into bed. I suspect they have been poisoned. I will try and wake them. We need to know more of what happened here and what we face before rushing off.


The guard and servants are alive but unconscious and Jameena does see some black ichor near the wounds, indicating perhaps, the use of poison. Jameena, however, has no idea what type.


hp 61/61, AC 22/15/17, F +13 R +12 W +11 Init: +4, Perception: +0

Heal check to figure stuff out?


Yes or Knowledge (local)


AC 22/15/18; HP 67/67; F+8, R+8, W+6 Init. +4; Perception +11

Ty helps the paladin and the others with the guardsmen, as much as his limited ability in that area will allow. After getting them all to as much comfort as possible, the archer will stand back and let Jameena work.


hp 61/61, AC 22/15/17, F +13 R +12 W +11 Init: +4, Perception: +0

Jameena don't do knowledge (local) - fortunately, she knows someone who does...

"Eli, have a look at these bolts...poison of some sort, I think...do you know of anyone in the city who uses poisoned bolts like these? I need to figure out what it is."

Heal - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Jameena definitely confirms the use of poison on the bolts, that its effect is to render unconscious not injure, and its rarity.


hp 61/61, AC 22/15/17, F +13 R +12 W +11 Init: +4, Perception: +0

"I'm going to try and see if I can counteract the poison to bring them about. It may take a while, but I will not leave them here defenseless. Besides, we should try to learn more about who we are dealing with. We know they use poisoned crossbow bolts - perhaps you could all have a look around to see if there are any other clues while I work?

heal check - guard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
heal check - cook 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
heal check - cooks husband 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Human Jedi 1 | HP 32/32 Thr 14 | Init + 3 | Perc + 2 | Ref 14 | Will 13 | Fort 14 |
Resources :
Force 5 | Destiny 1 | Battle Strike, Surge

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22. Mahath watches as Jameena pulls the bolts and tends to the staff.


Mahath:
As you examine the poison on the bolt, you suddenly remember where you have seen and read about it. It was in your study of the descendants of the elves who refused to abandon Golarion when it was discovered that the Starstone would hit the world. Unlike their cousins, they did not escape through a dimensional portal, but rather hid themselves in the Darklands below: the dark-skinned elves known as the Drow, famous for their sleep poison that renders victims unconscious for hours!


Human Jedi 1 | HP 32/32 Thr 14 | Init + 3 | Perc + 2 | Ref 14 | Will 13 | Fort 14 |
Resources :
Force 5 | Destiny 1 | Battle Strike, Surge

Strange. If I didn't know better, I would say... Drow. I have read about, but never seen, strange elves that did not flee during the time of the Starstone but hid, deep below the earth. They were said to use a poison like this, administered like this, that would cause a victim to sleep for hours. Either our foe is far reaching or remarkably eclectic.


Mahath also knows that Katapesh is known worldwide for its Bazaar and attracts people of all races from all over Golarion. So, in terms of a cosmopolitan city, this is it, where it would not be strange to see drow walking the city at night along with evil outsiders. It's that kind of place.


NIGHT Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Eli ponders Mahath's musings on the possibility the notorious Drow are somehow mixed up in this affair and digs into his brain matter to see if he can unearth any more clues to help them against their foe and his allies. He is impatient to get moving but will help Jamenna care for the the household staff and poke around for any other clues that might shed some light on the attack.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


AC 22/15/18; HP 67/67; F+8, R+8, W+6 Init. +4; Perception +11

"If this merchant is the poisoner, it would have been a simple matter for him to trade for any sorts of dire poisons and other effects. He sounds like the type that would consort with drow."


MD, how nice of you to stop by my campaign! :)

Eli knows the Bestiary description of drow: spell resistance, stealthy, ability to summon darkness, faerie fire, etc.

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16

The_Gnoll_DM wrote:
MD, how nice of you to stop by my campaign! :)

Yep, very end of the semester...I am getting all sorts of things confused :{ Your Welcome :P


*Grumbles* You're! :)


hp 61/61, AC 22/15/17, F +13 R +12 W +11 Init: +4, Perception: +0

There, their, they're...

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16

effect affect


Jameena manages to rouse the guard and unconscious servants, but all they have to offer is that the room suddenly went dark, right before they felt a pain to the neck and then darkness. They worry about Rayhan's safety.

Assuming you stick to you plan.. You head to Tamir's house, now about 9:00 pm. City guards patrol the streets and eye you suspiciously, given your new presence. In addition, you also see guards posted outside Tamir's house. What do you do? Knock on the door?


hp 55/55 AC: 26/17/21 F +5 R +11 W +6 {+4 vs bards/sonic/lang; +1 vs traps} Initiative + 4; Perception +9

Eli boldly walks up to the door and begins to pound on it incessantly, even if there is a bell or more official knocker.


Two guards posted at the entrance stop Eli before he reaches the door, with weapons drawn and ask, "Hold there, fella. What business have you here? Does the master of the house expect you?" Guards patrolling the grounds, four more, also come to investigate what is happening at the entrance.


AC 22/15/18; HP 67/67; F+8, R+8, W+6 Init. +4; Perception +11

Ty follows closely behind Eli, ready to handle things if needed. "Yes, he expects us. He has a couple things of ours and we are here to negotiate for them."


hp 61/61, AC 22/15/17, F +13 R +12 W +11 Init: +4, Perception: +0

Jameena stays right besides Eli, and lays a gentle hand on his right forearm as the guards challenge the party.

"Calm now, Eli. If there is trouble out here, the city guards will surely interfere, and we will not help our friends by angering the Pactmasters. They will not easily forgive the attack on the home of a merchant, no matter our motivation." she says softly.


One of the guards tells the party to wait here and not draw its weapons, while they summon Tamir. A few minutes later, the halfling appears and asks, "Have you changed your mind on selling me the Scroll?"


hp 55/55 AC: 26/17/21 F +5 R +11 W +6 {+4 vs bards/sonic/lang; +1 vs traps} Initiative + 4; Perception +9

"We will only talk to you about the scroll when we see Heleen and Rayhan safe again! Eli shouts at the foul little man.


Tamir spits back, "Who the hell is Haleen? And what happened to Rayhan? Dis he abscond with the Scroll?"


AC 22/15/18; HP 67/67; F+8, R+8, W+6 Init. +4; Perception +11

"We received a note from you, at least we thought it was you, saying you had both of them. Show him the note, Eli..."


hp 55/55 AC: 26/17/21 F +5 R +11 W +6 {+4 vs bards/sonic/lang; +1 vs traps} Initiative + 4; Perception +9

Eli will shove the notes in the foul little fellows face.


Two burly guards intercept Eli before he even reaches Tamir and take the note from him. They hand it to the halfling, who smiles at the bard, and reads the note. The smile disappears from his face. "What kind of trick are you trying to pull? This was not me. Someone is trying to frame me. I will look into this myself, but if you do not have the Scroll, you are meaningless to me so I ask that you leave...immediately. And wait till everyone in Katapesh hears how its most valued diviner was lost under your watch! Hahaha! You will be the laughing stock of the city!"


hp 55/55 AC: 26/17/21 F +5 R +11 W +6 {+4 vs bards/sonic/lang; +1 vs traps} Initiative + 4; Perception +9

Sense Motive 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


AC 22/15/18; HP 67/67; F+8, R+8, W+6 Init. +4; Perception +11

"If we find out this is some trick you are attempting to pull, we will return very shortly. And I'd advise you to at least double your guards. If you have our friends, we'll tear this compound down until we get them back."


Eli:
You do not sense that Tamir is lying, as his anger upon seeing the note was genuine.

"Be careful who you threaten, archer. There are many powerful creatures in Katapesh, so do not for a second believe you are the most powerful." With that, the halfling backs into his house. "Now get off my property, before I call the guard on you!"


hp 55/55 AC: 26/17/21 F +5 R +11 W +6 {+4 vs bards/sonic/lang; +1 vs traps} Initiative + 4; Perception +9

Eli shouts out the house, "Stay out of my way, never come near the Sand Stalkers again!

Unusual rage seeps from Eli as he storms away from the house, people are dead and friends lost all because of this damned scroll and Eli has had enough. "This must be more of the Djinn's trickery. We need to find a eliminate that horse's arse once and for all."

Pulling out Tempest he presses his forehead to the hilt reaching out furiously with his thoughts, I know you can sense this, hear this! Zayfid desires what you compelled us to find. If you do not desire your enemy to acquire it, then lead me to him so that we may eliminate him. Do this Vardishal, or the Scroll is as good as his!


Human Jedi 1 | HP 32/32 Thr 14 | Init + 3 | Perc + 2 | Ref 14 | Will 13 | Fort 14 |
Resources :
Force 5 | Destiny 1 | Battle Strike, Surge

Mahath leans in to the Stalkers. We should move on; we've drawn much attention here, I am sure. Be vigilant. Whoever did take Haleen and Rayhan may be watching us even now. We need to be able to find out who took them and why. Alas, I am nothing of the diviner that Rayhan is.

DM, does Mahath know if Rayhan had anything like a crystal ball back at his villa that may help find them?


Dot..


Human Jedi 1 | HP 32/32 Thr 14 | Init + 3 | Perc + 2 | Ref 14 | Will 13 | Fort 14 |
Resources :
Force 5 | Destiny 1 | Battle Strike, Surge

Dotting as well! MD is having problems with a computer virus right now, so it may be a bit before he'd be able to respond.


AC 22/15/18; HP 67/67; F+8, R+8, W+6 Init. +4; Perception +11

Dot for me as well...


hp 55/55 AC: 26/17/21 F +5 R +11 W +6 {+4 vs bards/sonic/lang; +1 vs traps} Initiative + 4; Perception +9

DOT

5,551 to 5,600 of 5,802 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Legacy of Fire PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.