Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Lucendar's CoT PbP....TakeTwo!

Game Master Lucendar


301 to 350 of 751 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

The foul smell is the first thing that overwhelms Gregor as he opens the door, but a close second is the grisly sight of the eight bodies piled in the middle of the room, which was the library, in the midst of a giant blood pool. Flies have already gathered and are buzzing over the corpses. The bodies have various wounds, mostly in the neck and stomach area and their hands are still tied behind their back. The room looks ransacked and your heart breaks a little when you see the body of a young boy among the dead. By their attire, you can tell five of the bodies were servants (i.e. cooks, groundskeeper, or maids). Besides, the boy, the other two bodies looks middle aged and wear elegant clothing. Ishiro puts his hand to his mouth and drops to his knees, when he sees the couple, "The Levingtons...."

DC 15 Perception:
You hear the tapping of metal and voices coming from North and underground, the same as Lhuar described it earlier, only closer.


Gregor says a silent prayer for the fallen then grasps Ishiro by the shoulder.

You will have vengeance this night my friend. You will have vengeance....this...night.


Male HP:09/21 AC: 16(18HS)/11/15(17HS) F: +5 R: +1 W: +0 Per: +0 Init: +2

Viewing the dead, Pallius can only shake his head at the grisly sight. "But I thought they were being held hostage??!? It doesn't make sense..." while staring at Ishiro's back.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18

As they take in the silence, Pallius's keen senses pick up some noises. "You hear that? It sounds like there is someone still in here!" Rushing off towards the source I think g8?


Ishiro pats Gregor's hand on his shoulder "Thank you."

The door leading down is E7; G8 leads to upstairs area.

Pallius reaches the door at E7 and opens it, revealing an exhibit hall displaying many hunting trophies, mainly animals, previously well-preserved by taxidermy. However, the animals are laying on the floor, their insides ripped out. In the corner of the room is a staircase leading down. As Pallius reaches the center of the room, he hears from downstairs the sound of something heavy and metallic falling to the ground and then what sounds like laughter and gibberish in Goblin.

Updated Map


Ishiro...is there any way down other than these stairs?


"No, only through the ones in the Exhibit Hall."


Male HP:09/21 AC: 16(18HS)/11/15(17HS) F: +5 R: +1 W: +0 Per: +0 Init: +2

"Then they have no where to run! And by the sounds of it, they are not expecting company...." As he readies his longsword and shield.

Plans? Ready massive spell casting and sneak/win?


Female HP: 8/8 AC: 12/12/10 F:1.R:2.W:2 Per: +0 Init: +2

Naeli trails the party into the now abattoir-like library. She gasps and covers her mouth, momentarily forgetting her own injury.

"But....but why would these creatures do this? And inn the heart of the city? The dottari do nothing...." Overcome by an acute rage, she cannot go on.

Just to clarify, stabilized at -1, if I take any standard action (or anything strenuous really), I drop unconscious again?

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 6


Male HP: 11/14 AC: 14/12/12 F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 Per: +4 Init: +2

A grim look of disgust washes over Jerod's features as he views the dead piled high, their decayed and mutilated remains unceremoniously strewn about the floor. Normally he might be moved into words by the scene, offering some new insight or waxing poetic words reminiscing on better times, of life, death, and the apathetic horrors of daily life; but not this time. The actor was oddly quiet(mark it on your calendars), and in some small manner he bowed his head, offering silent condolences in his own way. Leaving the room quickly, he followed the others into the exhibit hall, looking around.

Examining the area, he said in a low tone, whilst kneeling low and digging through some of the stuffing, tossing pieces aside, "..Curious. Why would they tear up the trophies? Perhaps they are in search of something other than the obvious valuables.." Then, he stands, turning to Ishiro, "Pardon my asking, but might the Levingtons have possibly hidden some valuable or otherwise extraordinary object somewhere? Perhaps you have some idea what they might be looking for? They weren't taking the hostage route, so there must be something else..." he asks, staring ponderously while looking about.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

At the sound of the others readying themselves to head down into the deeper darkness of the basement, Jerod would fall in behind Pallius and Gregor, quick with spells. He summons Dancing Lights to follow Pallius.

Readied action Daze on any hostiles. Casting Dancing Lights before heading in.


Naeli Velbottis wrote:
Just to clarify, stabilized at -1, if I take any standard action (or anything strenuous really), I drop unconscious again?

Correct, currently limited to free and move actions.


Jerod Winstrom wrote:
Then, he stands, turning to Ishiro, "Pardon my asking, but might the Levingtons have possibly hidden some valuable or otherwise extraordinary object somewhere? Perhaps you have some idea what they might be looking for? They weren't taking the hostage route, so there must be something else..." he asks, staring ponderously while looking about.

Ishiro, seemingly lost, says, "Huh?...I'm sorry...yes, I believe the family kept their coins and jewels secured downstairs."


If you are going down the stairs, I need a single file marching order, if you are all going together, and Stealth checks, if applicable.


Male HP:09/21 AC: 16(18HS)/11/15(17HS) F: +5 R: +1 W: +0 Per: +0 Init: +2

"Either way, let's give these bastards what they have coming..." As he slowly descends down the stairs.

Is it lit? or do we need the dancing lights to see? (As that will probably ruin stealth..)


When you look down, you do see shadows on the walls off torchlight coming from further in the room.


Male HP: 11/14 AC: 14/12/12 F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 Per: +4 Init: +2

Readied action cast Daze on enemy hostile
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Prefer to be behind Pallius and Gregor, I will keep the dancing lights ahead of him if he wishes.


Male HP:09/21 AC: 16(18HS)/11/15(17HS) F: +5 R: +1 W: +0 Per: +0 Init: +2

Would probably recommend keeping the lights behind... as there appears to be light, (just so we dont lose the element of surprise!

Pallius will bravely lead from the front!

Armaments: Longsword + Heavy Shield

Stealth: 1d20 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) - 4 - 2 + 2 = 15 -4 Armor -2 HS

Armor training how I want thee....


Order? How much space between each of you?


Male HP:09/21 AC: 16(18HS)/11/15(17HS) F: +5 R: +1 W: +0 Per: +0 Init: +2

I'd be guessing something around the lines of... Pallius Gregor (or Jerod) Lhuar, Naeli (if willing to risk death!) 5 ft apart

But far be it for Pallius to put people's lives in danger, I leave that to the GM!


Will wait for input from others then.


Male HP: 11/14 AC: 14/12/12 F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 Per: +4 Init: +2

Sounds good to me.


Jerod, don't know where you are in order and need stealth roll. 2nd? 3rd?


Male HP: 11/14 AC: 14/12/12 F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 Per: +4 Init: +2

Scratch that, I'll be second.
Stealth:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Female HP: 8/8 AC: 12/12/10 F:1.R:2.W:2 Per: +0 Init: +2

Going last, a few spaces back of whomever is in front of me.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male HP: 11/22 AC 16/13/13: F+5, R +6, W+3, Per:+7, Init: +3

That works for me. The marching order that is.

stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Pallius' marching order works for me.

Stealth: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8


DM rolls:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The party creeps down the stairs with Pallius in the lead following a brick wall, which blocks line of sight, but you can see the dance of shadows on the south wall from the flicker of torchlight. Again, you hear much laughter and Goblin gibberish. As Pallius looks around the wall, he sees two figures standing before a bronze pedestal, its side broken, with scrolls and 2 worn pickaxes laying on the floor. One of the figures is a hobgoblin, much like the same you've seen in the manor, while the other is a massive humanoid possibly goblinoid in nature, that dwarfs the hobgoblin, standing seven feet tall, with a massive cleaver strapped to his back. Pic of Humanoid Both figures have jewels and coins in their hand, when their keen ears rear up, as the Lhuar's crossbow clangs against the brick wall! The giant goblin's eyes and nose also signal danger, spotting Pallius, ruining your surprise. Screams of anger reverberate through the basement area!

Knowledge Local DC 12 - Trained only:
The massive muscular humanoid is a bugbear, the biggest and strongest of the common goblinoids. Bugbears speak Goblin and Common and have Darkvision.

DM rolls:

Gregor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Jerod: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Lhuar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Naeli: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Pallius: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Massive goblinoid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Initiative Order:
Gregor
Lhuar
Massive goblinoid
Jerod
Pallius
Hobgoblin
Naeli

Updated Combat Map

Gregor and Lhuar are up in Round 1!


Male HP: 11/22 AC 16/13/13: F+5, R +6, W+3, Per:+7, Init: +3

"Sorry about that. I will try to make up for my mistake."
Attacks the hobgoblin:

attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
damage:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


There's a map for a reason, Lhuar. What square are you moving to? How are you attacking?


Male HP: 11/22 AC 16/13/13: F+5, R +6, W+3, Per:+7, Init: +3

I assumed I was on the stairs according to the map, and that I had line of effect. I disregarded the black area. Is it a wall?

edit:I will move to A7, and I am attacking with the bow.


Gregor steps beyond the stairway to get a better view of these vial creatures. Along the way he gives a brief blessing to Pallius' sword.

---

Move to B7.

Strength Surge on Pallius Grant +1 to a melee attack or strength check.


Male HP: 11/14 AC: 14/12/12 F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 Per: +4 Init: +2

Knowledge local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Lhuar wrote:

I assumed I was on the stairs according to the map, and that I had line of effect. I disregarded the black area. Is it a wall?

edit:I will move to A7, and I am attacking with the bow.

My fault, yes, the black area is a wall. No line of sight.


Lhuar's arrow strikes the hobgoblin in the chest, and though deep, he does not fall.

The massive goblinoid drops his jewels on the floor and screams "Die maggots!", as he charges Gregor, pulling the cleaver off his back as he approaches! He slices through Gregor's chest like butter, dropping him in a heap of blood and screams! Then he glares at the rest of the party!

Charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Updated Map

Jerod and Pallius are up!


Of course these are vile creatures...not vial. Unless these are lab created hobgoblins...perhaps Gregor know something we don't!


Male HP: 11/22 AC 16/13/13: F+5, R +6, W+3, Per:+7, Init: +3

Looking at the hobgoblin Lhuar says:
"Go ahead and die. You really don't want me to go over there."


Male HP: 11/14 AC: 14/12/12 F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 Per: +4 Init: +2

Delay till after Pallius


Male HP:09/21 AC: 16(18HS)/11/15(17HS) F: +5 R: +1 W: +0 Per: +0 Init: +2

Seeing the battle cleric go down, Pallius steps forwards to exchange blows!

Move B6.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Could Pallius technically, drop sword/shield draw greataxe (move) and attack (standard)?


Pallius Crispin wrote:
Could Pallius technically, drop sword/shield draw greataxe (move) and attack (standard)?

Yes, but you'd have to keep the rolled 3 damage this Round. You don't get to reroll a d12.


Male HP:09/21 AC: 16(18HS)/11/15(17HS) F: +5 R: +1 W: +0 Per: +0 Init: +2

Nah its fine, (would like to keep the AC, and give our team a full round in case plan 'DAZE IT ALL' fails, will swap next round.


Male HP: 11/14 AC: 14/12/12 F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 Per: +4 Init: +2

Jerod takes a quick step to take Pallius' previous position, then begins to cast a spell, silently hoping Gregor can hold on.

Five foot step to A6
Full round action: cast Sleep (Will Save DC 17) on D7
Free action: At least I die looking good if this doesnt work.


Female HP: 8/8 AC: 12/12/10 F:1.R:2.W:2 Per: +0 Init: +2

Naeli hobbles down the stairs, gasping in pain with each step. Tears cloud her vision as she watches Gregor get chopped down. She readies a spell, nearly blacking out.....

I will probably not act until things get (more) dire. I'm a one-and-done at the moment.
Move to A5 and ready Color Spray


The wounded hobgoblin moves South, dropping the coins and drawing his longbow and then takes a clear shot at Lhuar, striking him in the chest!
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Summary of Round 1:
Gregor buffed Pallius
Lhuar wounded the hobgoblin
Bugbear charged and took out Gregor
Jerod started casting sleep
Pallius stepped up and wounded the bugbear
Naeli inched closer, waiting to act

Updated Combat Map

Gregor's stabilization roll and Lhuar's action in Round 2.


Male HP:09/21 AC: 16(18HS)/11/15(17HS) F: +5 R: +1 W: +0 Per: +0 Init: +2

Hmm map photo is private? Also.. what type of armour does the bugbear seem to be wearing?


Pallius Crispin wrote:
Hmm map photo is private? Also.. what type of armour does the bugbear seem to be wearing?

Thanks, link corrected. Leather armor.


Male HP: 11/22 AC 16/13/13: F+5, R +6, W+3, Per:+7, Init: +3

Lhuar moves to B9 and takes another shot at the hobgoblin.

attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
damage:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

9 hp currently


Could you break down the +6 to hit? Sheet says +4+1 PB=+5.


While we wait for Lhuar's response..
"Grizmoch hate magic!" The massive and bloodied bugbear steps over Gregor's prone form and takes a swing at Jerod, terror in his eyes as he in the midst of his spell, cleaving the bard almost in two, blood splattering on Naeli's face, as he also collapses in a heap of pain and screams! "Foolish humans! Grizmoch is supreme!" The bugbear's raspy voice echoes in your ears, as you realize the serious danger you are in!
Bugbear attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Jerod Stabilization roll and Pallius is up!


Male HP: 11/22 AC 16/13/13: F+5, R +6, W+3, Per:+7, Init: +3
The_Devilish_DM wrote:
Could you break down the +6 to hit? Sheet says +4+1 PB=+5.

Sorry that should be a +5.

+1(BAB) +3(DEX) +1(Point blank shot).


No prob. Lhuar's arrow hits the hobgoblin in the chest but fails to pierce its skin, thanks to its armor.


Male HP:09/21 AC: 16(18HS)/11/15(17HS) F: +5 R: +1 W: +0 Per: +0 Init: +2

Dropping his sword and shield, Pallius draws his great axe to match that of the bug bear!

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

And misses horribly....

Well.. who wanted to be a hero anyway?

301 to 350 of 751 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's CoT PbP....TakeTwo! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.