Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread

Game Master Lucendar

Map of Westcrown


401 to 450 of 686 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

As Tauni struggles to her feet, she reaches out with a foot and shoves Loco roughly. Loco, come back to us!

Move action to stand from prone, standard action to wake Loco.


Loco awakens from his sex dream! Prone, no weapons, but he can act as well this Round.


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Callandor, his eyes burning from being locked open intones a prayer to Iomedae inside his head. "Great lady, break this foul spell upon me that I may join with my friends in ending this evil cult!"


Callandor's paralysis ends on Eldara's turn next Round.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"We are coming for you, Eldara. Your demon god has abandoned you. Why do you think you couldn't affect me? Submit now, and we might show you mercy.". Not waiting for an answer, Shel lets another bullet fly.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

DM, I assume the others getting to their feet will not affect Shel's ranged attack, so I'll post it now.


Loco is up..


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Loco grumbles briefly, then forces his eyes open in alarm. He scrambles for his weapons.

If his hammer and rapier are within reach he will use his move action to pick them up and then launch the hammer at Eldara. Throw hammer 15': 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2. He'll aim at her face to shut up her arcane yammering. Otherwise he will get up and get his weapons. If the weapons are not within reach he will pull out his dagger and prepare to face her in the next round.


Loco throws his hammer, followed by Shel's dagger, with the same results: both bounce off before striking her!

Round 9 Eldara's Turn:
Eldara's spell goes off, the sand particles again flying and covering the air around the party! Loco and the newly free Callandor curse, as they fall asleep again!

Sr check vs. Loco: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Loco save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Tauni save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Callandor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Shel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Eldara curses only two fell asleep, so she pulls a dagger and tries to stab the weakened Kaliana, who screams in pain and drops! Eldara licks the blood from her dagger, proud of her attack!
Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Updated Map

Tauni is up!


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

You've got to be kidding me.


Callandor, don't succumb! We need you!

She shoves Callandor hard with a foot to help him fight off the effects of the spell before stepping closer to their foe.

Standard action to stir Callandor, then step to -V11.


Callandor wakes up and his turn is up now. Shel is next!


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Stand up, grab and ready weapon and shield, 5 step to -w10. I think that would be it, but kick Loco awake if I have any action left.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Shel throws another bullet at the Mage praying it would get through her protection.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


It is obvious Shel has some depth perception problem when slinging bulets, as she misses by a mile!

Round 10 Eldara's Turn:

Eldara, more maniacal than ever with a crazed look on her face, screams, "I will carve your hearts out with my dagger for killing my zombie!" She attacks Tauni, cutting her again deeply, as she plunges the dagger into the cleric's chest! "Heal that, bi&ch!"
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

HP summary:
Tauni: 1/12
Shel: 3/10
Callandor: 8/13
Kaliana: -2/13 (need 2 stabilization checks)
Loco: 7/10 and sleeping

The whole party is up, except Loco, unless someone wakes him.

Updated Map


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Loco, we need you. Get up!" Shel shakes the dwarf vigorously, knowing another blade might have more success than one of her errant sling shots. The pull is off or something. No way I'd miss that often she thinks to herself.


FYI: If Shel wakes him up, Loco acts in Round 11. Currently, we're in Round 10. If you want him to act this Round, someone else needs to spend a standard action and wake him up.


Trying to ignore the grievous wound, Tauni starts to circle around their foe and, brandishing her morningstar at Eldara, deftly tap Kaliana and send a surge of energy through her.

Rebuke Death on Kaliana, healing for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and step to -V12.


Kaliana and Callandor are up!


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

"Finally!" Callandor shouts. Adrenaline courses through his veins as he shakes off the last vestiges of his magically induced grogginess. His shout turns to something more gutteral as he puts all his strength behind his longsword, stepping up to Eldara with an overhand chop! The mighty blow misses wildly, however, sending sparks off the stone of the wall beside the cultist.

Attack:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Edit - forgot to specify (but I think it was obvious) 5 foot step to -v11


Kaliana wakes up, grabs her sword, and gets up. Just moving you along to keep action flowing, Kal. Shel wakes up Loco.
AoO: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 4 = 7...miss!

Round 11 Eldara's Turn:
The mage screams at Tauni, "Just die already!", as she lunges at her with her dagger but the blade does not penetrate Tauni's armor.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14..miss!

Tauni, Kaliana, Callandor, Loco, and Shel are up!

Updated Map


Feeling weak and cold from blood loss and lacking means to mend her own wounds, Tauni backs away carefully, leaving room for her allies to hopefully finish the evil woman.

Total defense and step to -U12.


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Callandor will step between Eldara and Rabbit, attempting to calm his nerves and aim a more focused slash past Eldara's defenses.

Actions:
step to -v12, attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Callandor misses by a mile. Loco, Kaliana, and Shel are up!


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Loco - in the blackest of moods now - gets up, grabs his rapier and pulls out a dagger too.

I'm gonna gut you and hang you on a hook for the flies to feast!


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Push on into the room. I can't get a clear shot at her. There are too many of us in this small hallway," Shel yells to her group.

No way I can squeeze a bullet through everyone, so Shel will pass her action this round.


To move things along..

Kaliana, wounded and repeatedly stabbed by Eldara, screams out "Time for you to die, mage!" She swings her elven blade and decapitates Eldara in one blow!
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24...possible critical
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21..confirmed!
Damage: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (7, 5) + 8 = 20

Finally! Can't believe the fight lasted that long!


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Good Lord, that was crazy...

"Nice one, Kaliana! I knew this part of town was sketchy, but I wouldn't have thought it was a center for things like demon worship. We need to go help that poor fella that was being tortured. Maybe he knows some things about all this. Also, we need to search this room, and especially what used to be the necromancer. I bet she has some baubles that could fetch a pretty penny.."


Wow. That would have been embarrassing to have a TPK to a dagger wielding wizard!

Friends, until Milani sees fit to replenish her blessings on me, I fear I can do little if anything to mend wounds this day.

Tauni will see to her wounds and the wounds of the others as best she can, cleaning and bandaging them. No real skill use or effect, just in character diligence.


Several personal effects decorate the altar: Silver necklace, 2 pieces of jade, gold bracelet, a pearl pendant, and 10 sticks of incense. On Eldara's corpse, you find: a wand, potion, scroll, a dagger, spellbook, 35 gp and 22 sp


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Take all that stuff. We can divvy it up later. There has to be more here. I doubt these few demon worshippers are here...I think we just have scratched the surface here. Tauni, you want to go with me to see if we can help this guy that has been tortured? I'm hoping he heard something that could be important." With that being said, Shel heads out toward the previous room to check on the prisoner.


EDIT: You also found the key to the manacles on Eldara.

The young man manacled to the wall stirs when you come back. "By the gods, you killed her! Oh, bless you! Can you free me now so I can get home to my family?!"[


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Sure thing. Did you hear anything about Eldara having someone she reported to, or a boss, or anythign like that? She was consorting with bad types, you know." She uses the keys and frees the young man.


"No, no, nothing like that. She said she needed me for a blood sacrifice to some freak named Pazu Zoo, to bring some dead noble back to life. That bitc*h was crazy! Oh, thank you for freeing me. My hands are trembling. I thought I was going to die. Who do I have to thank for my rescue? My name is Klori, I'm a member of the carpenter's guild. Two of her flunkies kidnapped me 2 days ago on my home from work. Thank you again!"


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Oh, sorry for being rude, Klori. We've got beaten up pretty good by her and her zombie back there. I'm Shel, and this is Tauni. I don't suppose she mentioned that noble's name to you, did she?"


We should get you out of here, some place safe where we can talk before we return you to your family. We left a couple of guards fallen back there. Perhaps we can dress you in that until we get you away from here and to safety.

Tauni will check him for injuries that are of immediate concern.

Heal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Edit: Tauni will also check on the person on the altar. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


"Velbotys or something or other. I have no idea who he is though, never met the fella."

Other than dehydrated and bruised up physically, Klori will survive. The body on the altar is that of a well-groomed corpse excellently preserved. There seems to have been a wound from a bolt over his heart that appears to be fresh. The man looks his mid-50s with graying temples. Runes are written on his arms in a language Tauni does not understand and a tattoo of a demonic bird is drawn on his chest. There is an empty wooden bowl sitting right above the corpse's head on the altar.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"What do you make of this, Tauni? My assumption is this body is our boy that was body snatched. And from what I can piece together, they were trying to call a demon/god into the body. What do we do with this information now?" She asks the healer, not quite getting the connection.


Klori happily puts on the dead guard's clothes and is ready to leave as soon as you are ready. You look through the rest of the complex and find living quarters consisting of a bed, chairs, and a desk, but nothing of interest. Now what? And what do you do with the noble's corpse?

Complete Map


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Is that stairs on the map that we haven't been up or down yet, DM? If so, we need to explore that in our usual marching order.


Shel, I think you posted but I don't see your post. The stairs lead up to the ground floor of the slaughterhouse but nothing of interest there except for what you would expect at a slaughterhouse.


Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Does Tauni have any idea what she might have been trying to accomplish? A summoning, or possession or just a flat out "you're awesome, demon lord!" sacrifice?

I'm not sure what we can do with the remains on the altar. I would hate to be stopped by the guard carrying him. Perhaps we can send an anonymous tip to the authorities about this place once we are gone? They can see to his remains and dismantling the altar...


Tauni has studied enough undead rituals that she can tell the ceremony, almost complete, was trying to raise him as a Revenant, an undead fueled by hatred and a need for vengeance to hunt and kill its murderer.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Why anyone would want to raise an ugly f#$$er like this from the dead is beyond me...hey let's take note of the markings tatooed on the corpse. Perhaps we can find someone to decipher them later. Are they part of the ritual? Now what are we going to do with him? Finish him in the ovens? Or should we hook up the whole lot of them outside on the walls to send a message to the Rego. "Don't mess with the Slaugterhouse 5!". That might be cool. And let's not forget Sleeping Beauty back in the other room.


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

"I say burn the corpse. Let this poor bastard find absolution in the afterlife, perhaps his spirit will do more good in the next life. No need to risk him being reanimated in this one. I've had enough undead for 1 day."


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Sounds appropriate to me. Give him a proper rest. What to do with the other corpses as well, while we are talking of grisly things?"


Tauni will look for some writing implements to take notes on the markings on the corpse.

The slaughter house seems to have means of disposal, but is that something we need to concern ourselves with? We stopped the immediate threat they posed. Perhaps we can let the impoverished in this area know that this place is full of free food and no longer under watch? That would keep the product here from spoiling needlessly...


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

You really think there's food worth eating in this place, now? You've got guts!

Loco heads back to fetch the concussed cultist. Can he wake him? Get up sleepy head!


What concussed cultist? Are you talking about the Vanderhoff brother who is tied up?


The_Devilish_DM wrote:
What concussed cultist? Are you talking about the Vanderhoff brother who is tied up?

yeah. Him. I thought Kalliana had rapped him on the head to knock him out.


Yes, but I think of cultists as the mages who were casting Fear and Sleep, not the rogue brothers. Need a DC 20 Heal check for him to regain consciousness.

401 to 450 of 686 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.