Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread

Game Master Lucendar

Map of Westcrown


101 to 150 of 686 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

A few gulps of ale behind him, Billo raises his voice with a blast of beery breath,

You know the Dottari used to always pick on the likes of me. You'd think I hate them by by now. But some of those numbskulls are good blokes...even some of the idiot commanders. They have the safety of our people in mind - even if their methods are crude. Many of them are true Wiscrani men and women with families. We need our Dottari for reprobates like me to pick on....but devils and demons, insane cultists, dark shadows haunting the streets at night, undead....those I can't abide!

He thumps his fist on the table, spilling ale all over the place.

Lets' get em! Let's hunt these tatooed jackasses down! Now we don't have to do business with the Church of Asmodeus, but we can make some inquiries and track the movements of that priest to find out what they are doing. We can also inquire about this Velbottis guy. Who the hell was he?


Callandor the True wrote:

Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 3

Callandor:
As you think back to your teenage years at the Church of Iomedae, you remember your strict religion teacher, who schooled you on the different religions, specifically the evil-aligned ones. And your mind remembers one day looking through the priest's books and seeing the tattooed symbol. When you asked the priest about it, he told you the symbol belonged to a rare shadowy cult dedicated to the worship of Pazuzu, the chaotic evil Abyssal demon lord of winged creatures and the sky.

HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind
Loco Billo Billcragg wrote:


Lets' get em! Let's hunt these tatooed jackasses down!

Callandor snaps his fingers. "Tattoos! That's it; I recognized the tattoos we saw on the crossbowmen. It's the mark of the cult of Pazuzu. Not a god, but close enough in power; he's a demon lord. Specifically dedicated to winged creatures. I think we can assume demon worship isn't just a red herring here."


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Seems like the prudent course of action would be as Loco suggested. We need to find out more about the tattooed men. And the part of town he suggested would be a good explanation for their boots, clothes, and general stench. There are plenty of unsavory people there we could question, unless someone thinks of a better idea. "


Tauni smiles in approval at Callandor in approval for his ability to explain the lore behind the tattoos.

I agree that it would seem as good a course of action as any.

She leans in conspiratorily to the others. But what you are suggesting could be dangerous. Very dangerous. I am certainly willing to risk this for the good of the city; I have my own reasons for wanting to change things around here. And even if we are successful, the powers that be may not appreciate our stepping in. I wouldn't blame anyone for walking away because of the potential consequences.

She'll pause, letting the others take in what she had to say. Then she'll add If you think time is critical, I will go with you at any time. But if it could wait, I'd like to take the night to try and deal with the spider venom I took in.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

So. I am thinking of a plan...Let's hear what you all have to say for it.

One: We go to the Rego Crua and ask around. This afternoon or sometime tomorrow. I would prefer now...but Tauni is still recovering.

Signals to the maid with his empty flagon.

Two: We go back to the cemetery tomorrow to find that priest Father Gray - they will be burying the dead Dottari tomorrow. Then we can tail him. Our presence there should not be questioned. We saw those buggers die - it is fitting for us to pay respects. We may even find some mourners with information to share.

Raps his flagon on the table

Three: Where can we find out about Velbottis? He was a noble, a mage and it seems a man who consorted with demons? Not sure where to go with that.

Slaps his hand on the wet table. Splash.

If we have to give Tauni the day to recover, maybe we can ask a few questions around here. I suggest we take a couple of rooms here at the Crossed Swords. I'll stroll around for the afternoon and see what I can see in the neigbourhood...maybe Shel can join me...you look like you know the streets. Tauni and Callandor can make acquaitances here at the Inn. We can meet at sund - DAMN YOU WENCH AM I SUPPOSED TO LAP THIS PISS OFF THE TABLE!?


Female ( HP 13/1) AC:17 FF:12 T:15 F: +5 R: +2 W: +0 Initiative +3 Perception +3

As plans and strategy flies across the table, Kaliana finishes her ale.

demons and devils, this is getting all too real. I've dreamed of this moment, a chance for action. Do I have what ti takes to stand with these people.......DO I even want to stand by this loco?

"Let us see what information there is to be found. If there is to be a war between devil and demon worshippers in the streets, then I will not stand by and watch them burn this town down around them. lead the way master dwarf"


The serving girl, a young blonde of 16 years, rushes over and refills the dwarf's ale. "Much apologies, sir." The owner of the establishment, Lou, reprimands her for her tardiness, as she moves to the other tables.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"I don't think we will accomplish anything by just sitting around here. We can go to Rego Crua and just ask around. Nothing too strenuous, Tauni. Let's see what we find there and plan afterwards. "


Yes, I am certainly fine going with you this afternoon to look around and ask questions. The poison has left me a little woozy and weak, but I am certain I can still be of much help to you.


So you all going to Rego Crua or splitting up or something else?


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

i say we all go, unless someone feels otherwise.


I agree, we should all go together. Walking down the street we can break up into two's or three's so we area little less conspicuous, but only separated by a dozen yards or so.


Female ( HP 13/1) AC:17 FF:12 T:15 F: +5 R: +2 W: +0 Initiative +3 Perception +3

Concur....lets all go togehter, but perhaps loco and tauni and shel on one side and following behind on the opposite side of the street kaliana and callandor???


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

I suggest one rogue scouting up ahead and the other scouting behind.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

I agree with us not being bunched up. How about Loco first, followed by kaliana and Callandor, with Shel and Tauni bringing up the rear? I'd suggest walking roughly 50' between each group, if that is acceptable.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Sounds grand. Let's go soil our boots!


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Sounds good.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Alright then! Good stuff. Off we go! But first lets organize some accommodations. One of you guys better do that. I can tell they don't like me here already. I think they backwashed my ale. The cheapskates'll try to fleece me. I'm sure of it. But nothin' fancy aright?

Dumping some coins on the sodden table, the dwarf stands and chugs back his beer - capping it off with a tremendous burp and other revolting sounds.


The ale cost 4cp per mug. Unless I am mistaken, you all live in Westcrown so why are you arranging accommodations..unless you're afraid to go home or something?


The party eventually travels to the Rego Crua or "Blood Sector". It is still daytime, around 3:45 pm. The first thing that assaults you as you enter the district is the stench of the tanneries and slaughter houses in the area. The second is the filth collecting in the streets. It is obvious that this area is poorly maintained and supervised, as rare is the dottari you see in this area. About 3 miles long, it is a pretty big area to cover. You see mainly the poor and homeless, many diseased, on the street, although if you are looking for a large congregation of people, the Pleatra would be a good bet, as it is where the slave market is located. What is the plan?


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63
The_Devilish_DM wrote:
The ale cost 4cp per mug. Unless I am mistaken, you all live in Westcrown so why are you arranging accommodations..unless you're afraid to go home or something?

What....no slumber party? Oh well then...


Loco Billo Billcragg wrote:
The_Devilish_DM wrote:
The ale cost 4cp per mug. Unless I am mistaken, you all live in Westcrown so why are you arranging accommodations..unless you're afraid to go home or something?
What....no slumber party? Oh well then...

LOL..Tauni wrote she was fine to travel with you today..so no party!


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Billo inhales the fragrances deeply for dramatic effect,

"Well aint't this a plan eh? Go for a leasurely Sunday evening stroll through the beautiful Rego Crua. The sights , the smells, the sounds...."

Then he spits for dramatic effect.

"Maybe we should go back to the turned over wagon and ask around there? Might as well check the Pleatra while we're here, though."


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Exactly. Immsure someone there knows what we are looking for. For a price of course, so be prepared to spread a little coin around to loosen some tongues."


Female ( HP 13/1) AC:17 FF:12 T:15 F: +5 R: +2 W: +0 Initiative +3 Perception +3

"I wonder what this area was like before....

Kaliana keeps one hand near her sword,

"The Pleatra it is, but let us be on our guard, the slave market is a dangerous place"


Not as familiar with the city as some of the others, Tauni follows along, staying alert for threats.


You make your way to the Pleatra, eager to not contract any non-curable disease on the way. It is not hard to find, as the commotion coming from inside can be heard for blocks. Along the way, you see couriers for nobles, shady types, and others doing business there. The Pleatra itself is one of the largest building complexes in the sector, housing the slave market. You see many armed people in this complex, as well as all sorts of slaves from all races for sale, grouped by event or specialty: household, sex (male, female, gay, etc.), gladiators, agricultural, sacrificial, and other purpose you can imagine and not imagine. The flow of money is plenty, as the business of trade can be heard in the jingle of coin bags, with nearly everyone armed with an escort. The slaves, all naked, are held in cramped cells and depending their purpose, you can tell, their lives have endured much horror. The voices of the auctioneers and "sales men" rise above the rest, as the slave owners ply their trade. At this time of day, there about 50-60 merchants walking around, checking the product, and bargaining. In such a homely setting, how do you proceed? :)


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Seeing reminders of her past life as a slave all around, Shel tries to focus on the task at hand.

Know local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 to see if Shel can find some lowlife she knows in the Pleatra to ask about the tattoo.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Billo seems to have a spring in his step as he manoeuvres about the market place, observing all of the bustle and business. He keeps his eyes out for thieves and pickpockets....not only because he values his coin....but he genuinely marvels at their tactics, their dexterity and prowess. He looks to Shel...where ....oh there she is...look how easily she sifts through the crowd like a ghost...those little folk are just amazing!

Not really knowing what to look for he considers who might have some information. Beggars...they sometimes know a thing or too about something or other. Are any beggars about? Surely there is one here too decrepit to be worth anything on the market...one who won't mind a word or two with a a dwarf?

Knowledge Local for any clues 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Callandor walks with his hand gripped tightly to his sword, thinking how he can work to end the slave trade and other sanctioned evil in Westcrown. The law should be a hand under which the meek can shelter, not that keeps them in their position. He tries to keep an eye on Shel and Rabbit, while simultaneously looking for any similar tattoos on passers-by.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


There are beggars aplenty outside the market, as armed guards near the entrance threaten to kill them if they find them inside. One of them approaches the wild looking dwarf, when he motions him over, "Gots coin to spare, good sir?"


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Did Shel recognize anyone in her last post, DM?


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Hey guy. I might have a piece or two. Come here...no not too close...great Sulphur Pits of Haruspex! - you smell like a friggin' sewer, you flea bitten mongrel!

Listen, wretch. Did you ever hear of a guy named Velbottis?
Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

will haggle up to 5sp if Loco thinks the information is useful Sense Motive +3 - otherwise throw the beggar a few coppers


Shel Whispertongue wrote:
Did Shel recognize anyone in her last post, DM?

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Missed that, Shel, thanks for the reminder. Actually, as Shel wanders through the markets, she suddenly senses movement behind her and quickly pulls out her dagger and brings it up, ready to attack, when she hears, "Damn, Red, if that's how you treat your friends...geez!" Despite the dirt and grime on his face, Shel does recognize the figure as Tally, a local human pickpocket of some 17 years that she used to run with back in her days on the streets. He smiles at her and says, "Hey baby girl, long time no see. C'mon and give ol' Tally a hug." He moves in for a hug and gives her one, unless she objects.

"This is my mark territory, Red, I'm, you know, "making the rounds" through this market, so to speak, looking for some easy pickings, but damn, everyone here is so well guarded by escorts with big swords. I'm sure if I wait long enough though, I'll find a courier in a hurry who leaves his guard outside." He smiles as he scans the crowd, but continues talking to her, "So Red, what you up to? You all fancy now, with your gear and coin, that you left us poor folk behind?" He turns to her, feigning emotional pain.


Loco Billo Billcragg wrote:

Hey guy. I might have a piece or two. Come here...no not too close...great Sulphur Pits of Haruspex! - you smell like a friggin' sewer, you flea bitten mongrel!

Listen, wretch. Did you ever hear of a guy named Velbottis?
Diplomacy 1d20-2

"Vel...who??? And mongrel?! Screw you, bearded dog! I'm lucky I go one day without having to eat some diseased rat in the sewer so you and Velbottom pants can go to hell!" If you toss him the coin, he still leaves but begrudgingly thanks you. If not, he leaves cursing you and your whole clan.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Loco throws 2 coppers at the beggar carelessly and continues his ambulation around the market..

That's Diplomacy, Loco style!


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Tally,long time no see! I've been okay, trying to do a little less of the sort of things I used to do back in the day," she says hugging the lad. "Have you been well? How's your sister? Listen, is there somewhere private we can talk? Im looking for some information, and I hope you might be able to help. As always, there good coin in it for you."


Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Shel easily catches Tally's hand reaching for her coin purse. With a look of shame, he says, "Nothing ever got past those shifty eyes of yours, eh Red? You were once in a lifetime partner, you distracting them, while I picked them. Good times. Sure, come with me if you want to talk." Tally finds a place near the back where the two can talk. "Shirley, she's good, she'll be so happy when I tell her I ran into you. So shoot, girl, what's a nice halfling like you doing in a place like this?"


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Strange things, my friend. Tell Shelly hello for me. It might be awhile before I get to talk to her again. I migh have been caught up in something big. Did you hear about the Velbottis funeral? Big procession that got disrupted by rebels with crossbows. Oh yeah, and swarms of spiders. And undead. Yah, they attacked the Dottari and took off with the corpse of the Velbottis fellow. The crossbow men had a particular tattoo, of some demon lord, Pazuzu or something crazy like that. Do you know of anyone showing off any tats that resemble that? Or have you heard anything about the people who rousted the corpse? Oh yes, and discretion is greatly appreciated on this."

Shel will give the boy 2 gold pieces to keep the conversation low, and hopefully just between them.


Female ( HP 13/1) AC:17 FF:12 T:15 F: +5 R: +2 W: +0 Initiative +3 Perception +3

As shel almost vanishes into the crowd and Loco finds the filthiest beggar around, Kaliana decides to stick close to Callandor

to callandor, not too loudly; "Can you believe all this?!?! Selling people like they were cattle. I hope something turns up soon, the quicker we leave here the better."

perception check to see if Kaliana notices the tattoo symbol anywhere or anyone taking extra notice of them. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Tally's face turns serious, "Hell yeah, girl, I heard about it. The whole town's talking about it, practically. Were you and he close? Is that why were you at his funeral? I'm sorry for your loss." You see Tally struggling to keep a straight face then burst out laughing! "You were "recruited" for the funeral, weren't you?! Hahaha!" He takes a moment to compose himself and stop laughing, wiping tears away. "Oh, that's too funny. I knew you wouldn't have anything to do with that demon-worshiping psycho! Right, Red? Or have you changed on me?" Tally grins, as he watches Shel's reactions. "Anyway, I may have some info for you." He quickly grabs the 2 gold coins, spinning them among his fingers. "I don't know who this Pazuzu guy and I don't want to know, but I have heard about the theft of the body. Why you so interested in this rich guy's body anyway, babe? Better ways to steal jewelry, ya know?"


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"You always were too damned clever for your own good, Tally. Of course I was recruited...do you think I'd have shown my face there otherwise? I'd like to figure what's gong on, so I can get on decent terms with the Dottari, decent enough so I can vanish from their logs again. I don't want my ...interests tangled up with them. Care to tell me more about the body snatchers? Please, for an old friend?"


"Well, if ya ask like that, how can I say no, right? Apparently, after it all went down, three shady guys, not locals mind you, were seen suspiciously walking very hurriedly through this district minding their p's and q's. Now I don't have to tell you Shel, it's normal for people to walk real fast to get out of this district, not deeper into it, so people noticed. From what I hear, they were last spotted past Viale (Avenue) Lorenzo like 10 minutes ago. Don't know what they were doing down there, unless they work at one of the tanneries. Cuz that's all that's there. Well, that and that big slaughterhouse that belongs to the Anterhoff boys. Remember them, those four blonde wannabe gangstas? That time years ago they tried to chase us down for stealing their coin purses..and you hid in the trash and they didn't spot you. Ah...good times. You couldn't get that smell off for weeks. Hahaha! Well, they've grown up, turned into nasty SOBs. They'll cut your eyes out if you mess in their business, so don't be poking around, ok? I love your eyes where they are right now, Shel. Promise?"


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Uh, I remember those bastards, all right. No more hiding in the trash for me, I hope. You know me, Tally. I'll be careful. Remember, we never saw each other today. Go buy Shirley and yourself something nice, okay?". With that being said, she hugs her friend one more time,and passes him another handful of coins.

She hands him another 3 gold for his trouble.

Shel bids goodbye and goes looking for the group again and fills them in on what gossip she was told, reiterating that the strangers were seen only a few moments ago not far from their current position.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

The slaughterhouses then. Well. By day there wouldn't be much point of subterfuge. Anyone who goes will be spotted one way or another. I had a run-in with a miserable beggar and I let my disgust get the better of me. There are probably suspicious eyes spying on me - and on you - already.

What's the point of snooping? There is no way to blend in once we get down there. Maybe we should just show up and walk right on in. Element of surprise! What do you think?


Female ( HP 13/1) AC:17 FF:12 T:15 F: +5 R: +2 W: +0 Initiative +3 Perception +3

Shel, you seem to have a fair knowledge of this palce, at least better than me, are their any streets or allies behind this slaughterhouse, I don't much care for the front door approach."


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Kaliana, everyone in that area works for the Anterhoff boys. I've had run ins with them in the past, and they are nothing but trouble. When they see strangers, even for a second, they are going to run straight for the boys, to let them know what's going on. I don't know that a misdirection is going to do any good, knowing that neighborhood. They are going to know a group of strangers is coming. We might as well face that reality, I'm afraid."


I agree; I don't know that our collective strength lies in stealth. Perhaps we can talk to them peacefully and learn what we need to know. As a group I think we come off as somewhat formidable. Maybe they wouldn't be hostile if they think we are strong and they may get a few coins in the deal?


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Billo scratches his beard in contemplation as he stares at a fly-covered heap of manure on the ground.

Know Local +6. Does Loco know anything about how livestock is driven in for slaughter in this town? When, where, what time....that sort of thing.

101 to 150 of 686 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.