Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread

Game Master Lucendar

Map of Westcrown


601 to 650 of 686 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

"West it is. We should stick together until we have reason to separate. This may still come to blows."


-- hiatus --

Caladius grunts in affirmation and follows his companions as they turn to the west. He remains in the back of the group and occasionally hazards a glance behind them to gauge their pursuers.


Tauni, need a Knowledge Local roll for a sewer access point. DC 20 Climb check if you want to up the walls.


Tauni doesn't have knowledge local, so...

Delay until after Shel to follow someone who knows where they are going.

Let's take an indirect route to try and throw them off!


-- hiatus --

Caladius has knowledge(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 edit: KABOOOOOM! I *BUILT* this street, suckahs! Woot!


LOL! Caladius knows the closest sewer access point is one block before the park, to the east.


-- hiatus --

"Wait. Indirect? There's an old sewer entrance nearer to the park. It's only a block away, back to the east. *That* kind of indirect?"


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"I'm afraid I don't know much about the sewers, but we should be able to stay west, at the minimum, I think. If you think it's a good idea, than lead on Cal."


-- hiatus --

"We'd draw less attention and risk fewer bystanders. This way, quickly!" Caladius whirls around and takes point now, leading the group to the nearest entrance to the sewers.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Haha! The sewers. Perfect. I like your style Caladius. Pick out the the most rat infested corner of the city for us. Don't worry, we've been through the filth in the Rego Crua. We won't dissappoint.

Loco seems down-right chipper about the idea.

He should be in his element down there in the dark


The party races east to the sewers, with the three guards in hot pursuit. The party hears the beating of horses as well, as the guards and the Hellknights are mobilizing, searching for them. You reach the sewer grate in a dead end alley, and find it padlocked. You have a 2 round head start on the guards chasing you. What do you do?


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Loco, get over here and help me with this lock," the halfling requests. She runs to the lock and tries to pick it open.

Disable Device1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


-- hiatus --

"I've some, uh, experience with locks too."

If there's enough room to help, Caladius will attempt to Aid Another. Disable Device(aid another): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63
Caladius Rend wrote:

"I've some, uh, experience with locks too."

If there's enough room to help, Caladius will attempt to Aid Another. Disable Device(aid another): 1d20+6

Some experience, eh? But of course. Hah! He isn't just a freak - he's a low-life and a thief too!.

Loco can pitch in if necessary. Disable Device aid another if there is room for him to help. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12Otherwise he will stand guard.


Shel and Caladius feverishly work on the lock, as Callandor, Loco, and Tauni stand guard, with the running dottari's footsteps getting closer, but the pick falls out of the Shel's fingers at the last second! Head start down to 1 round.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Shel tries her best to stay calm and tries the lock again.

Disable Device 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"We are going to have to fight them after all."


-- hiatus --

Caladius kneels down to help Shel once more, 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8, but gets startled by how near the dottari sound. His only contribution is to perhaps stay out of Shel's light. Gah! Oh ye fickle, fickle dicegods!

He stands up to his full height and with a frustrated rumble in his throat turns to face the approaching guardsmen.


We'll hold them off Shel. Try again!


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Caladius - ready that crossbow of yours. You're obviously useless with the lock. I'll help her!

Loco helps this time. D.Device aid another 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Yeargh! Go Shel!


-- hiatus --

"I'm useless?" Caladius chuckles as he readies his heavy crossbow.


Despite the head start, Shel cannot get the lock open, and she hears the guards turn the corner into the alleyway!

Initiative Rolls:
Guards: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Callandor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Loco: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Shel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Tauni: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Initiative Order:
Caladius (with readied action)
Loco
Tauni
Guards
Shel
Callandor

Caladius with his readied action, Loco, and Tauni are up.
Updated Map


-- hiatus --

Round 1

Hvy Crossbow @ dottari in -I30: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 are the guards flatfooted for not having acted in combat yet? not sure my 14'll hit otherwise =\
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Whether a hit or a miss, Caladius simply growls at the three dottari after loosing his first bolt, "I told you kids to leave before you got hurt."

He then drops the crossbow as a free action, takes a 5ft step forward to -N30, and then draws his greatsword. His expression in grim and humorless, it is obvious he takes no pleasure in what is about to happen.


Yes they are flat-footed. The bolt hits the Hellknight armiger in the chest, but his chain mail deflects it enough to avoid penetration of the skin!


-- hiatus --

Bah! Chainmail. I was hoping they gave the recruits/lower ranks chainshirts. Dagnabbit! No matter, I've got 'em runnin' scared now, guys!


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Cursing emphatically in Dwarfish, Loco decides to trust in the cover probided by Caladius and Callandor and tries to unlock the sewer grate himself.

Damn it dice - give me something! Disable Device 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

How's this look Shel?


Caladius Rend wrote:
Bah! Chainmail. I was hoping they gave the recruits/lower ranks chainshirts

Chainmail works in our favor! Slows them to 20'.

Tauni will cast Bless on the group.

+1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saves vs. fear. Ten rounds.


Loco tries opening the lock, but his effort does not succeed.

Guards attack:
Drawing their long swords, the armigers move in for the capture, attacking Callandor and Caladius, both connecting and drawing blood!

Attack Caladius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack on Callandor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The third armiger loads his crossbow and says, "Resist and you will die! Throw down your weapons!"

Shel and Callandor, if he's still with us, are up!


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Like a comedy of errors, Shel bumps Loco out of the way and tries the lock one more time.

Disable Device 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

If this one fails, she will draw her dagger and turn to face her attackers.


The lock clicks open! Shel opens it (with a move action) to reveal a ladder leading into the sewer, some 15' down.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Finally...let's get out of here everyone. It's time for a fighting retreat."


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

ok, irritating, my post got eaten, in which I totally got a mean hit in. Let's give it another shot!

Callandor looks at the deep wound in his thigh, and his eyes glass over as he calls upon his goddess to grant him staying power in the battle. The holy symbol above his heart warms against his flesh, the wound knits slightly closed, the blood flow lessening to a trickle. His vigor somewhat renewed, he aims a vicious slash at the chest of his attacker!

Attack:

Swift action, activate judgment of healing, with judgement surge = Fast Healing 2
Standard action, attack with longsword 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

exact same die rolls! Wonder if that's a feature of the boards?


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Good work! Let me scout it, Shel!

Loco starts making for the tunnel on his turn.


Callandor's sword blow penetrates the armiger's defenses, leaving his opponent barely breathing, as he spits up blood. The young warrior looks scared and barely conscious, as he looks down at his wound and Callandor's skill.

Round 2:
Loco climbs down the sewer tunnel and sees it is clear, except for the awful smell!

Caladius and Tauni are up!


-- hiatus --

Caladius will delay until just after Tauni, ensuring that she and Loco get through the grate.


Tauni stows her morning star and moves to the ladder to start down.

Callandor, it is a feature of the boards. It holds the same rolls for each person rolling in a thread. Pretty cool, huh? It allows you see the roll so you can edit to add appropriate fluff around the results if you want. Also, it means players can't cheat by rolling poorly, deleting the post and then posting again to get better rolls.


-- hiatus --

Seeing that Tauni and Loco both have started moving down the ladder, Caladius nods with a grunt and then fixes his gaze on the dottari immediately in front of him.

Greatsword, bless: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 for 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13!

Thoughts of Janiven being on her own and caught by other dottari flash through his mind though, distracting him and stealing any strength from his swing. Shaking his head with an angry grunt, he fades back a step to stand over his dropped crossbow.


Round 2: Guards attack!
The wounded guard withdraws, confident that the party is too deadly for him and he stumbles away, holding his bleeding wound. The other guard, fearful of Callandor's skill, swings at him, but the inquisitor deflects the blow. He then moves 5' back! The guard with the crossbow, presumably the leader, curses at the wounded guard and shoots Callandor, nailing him in the chest, but inflicting only a small wound.

Sword Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Crossbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20..possible critical
Confirmation: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14..no
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Shel and Callandor are up!

Updated Map


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Shel ducks into the sewer tunnel, with the padlock in hand, waiting for the others to join her in the sewers.


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Callandor stares at the remaining swordsman and advances into position. "I will give you quarter if you wish to flee. If you forget this place when reporting to your superiors, you will live. If not, I swear by Iomedae you will not" He punctuates his threat with another swing of his longsword, as the healing power in his blood closes the scratch from the crossbow bolt and slackens the bloodflow from the sword wound even further.


Fast healing 2 applied
5 ft step forward
Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He draws a nasty slash across the arm of the armiger, and looks at his leader with the crossbow - "My friends and I extend this same generous offer to you."


The armiger wounded by Callandor, grabs his wounded shoulder and nods, "He's too strong! Fine just let me leave with my life." The leader yells, "Cowards!" But then seeing his predicament, nods as well. Caladius is up, while the rest of the party climbs down the ladder. Is he letting the guards leave or attacking, since he goes before them?


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Let them flee, Cal! And remember, you three," Shel yells at the guards, "...if you come after us, we will not rest until you are all lying bleeding on the ground. There will be no more mercy shown you after this gesture."


-- hiatus --

Caladius brandishes his broadsword, drawing himself up to his full height and growls at the man, "GO!"
Intimidate(demoralize): 1d20 ⇒ 14 vs DC (10 + Target's Hit Die + Wis Mod)


The wounded guard hurries away quickly following his friend, while their leader, unwounded, does so as well but shamefully. You descend into the sewers and the tunnel leads east and west. Where you headed?


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Rego Scripa is to the west, IIRC. I say we head that way.

Shel makes sure she is out of earshot of the opening to the tunnels, and points toward the western bend. "I still think Rego Scripa is the best way for us. We can hole up there."


-- hiatus --

Shaking his head at the retreating men, Caladius kneels down to retrieve his crossbow. Securing it on the harness over his left shoulder, he then turns to Callandor and offers him an approving nod. He'll then descend the ladder into the sewers below, falling into step at the rear of the group, expecting Billo to slink off ahead and take point.


Seeing Caladius, Loco and Callandor all injured in the early flight from the dottari, Tauni will look for a chance when they are all relatively close to her and call upon Milani's grace to mend their wounds.

Channel heals 1d6 ⇒ 4


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Callandor returns the tiefling's nod and smiles at Tauni, with a simple "Thank you, my friend." as the last vestiges of what was a nasty gash on his thigh close up from the healing power of the cleric and her goddess. He will work to the front of the main part of the group, staying 15 ft or so back from Billo.


Light source? Tauni's Light spell, anything else? I know Loco and Caladius have DV and the rest of you? Marching order? The sewer is 10' wide.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

I'd say we just have the one light spell...I don't want to give off too much light for anyone else to see, even if it slows us up some. I say we do the same marching order, with Caladius substitued in...something like Loco, Cal and Cal, and then Tauni and myself.


-- hiatus --

"I have a hooded lantern if you would like me to light it. I sometimes forget others can't see as clearly in the dark as me."

601 to 650 of 686 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.