Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread

Game Master Lucendar

Map of Westcrown


551 to 600 of 686 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Does the Father have any ideas on who he thinks are controlling the monsters? It might be better to start at the start," Shel offers, clearly uncomfortable with taking on the shadow beasts directly.


"Father Arael follows the teachings of the Inheritor, Iomedae. He is half-elven but very wise. As I said, he must be running late, as he was supposed to give you necessary information. I don't know what could be wrong...." You continue drinking, eating, and conversing until...

You hear the galloping of numerous horses come to a stop outside the tavern and a voice yells loud enough to be heard inside: "To all in Vizio's Place, you are all under arrest on conspiracy to commit treason by right of the Order of the Rack!" Janiven's eyes widen, as she whispers, "Hellknights!" "We have both your leaders in custody! Come out peacefully or we will be forced to break down the doors! You have 10 seconds."

Corvin opens the door to the private dining hall with worry and anguish on his face. The other patrons are scared out of their minds.

Perception DC 15:
You hear from outside in a soft whisper the same voice who addressed you before, "Secure the back, make sure no one leaves!"

Janiven is shell-shocked by this development!


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

They're blocking the back as well to make sure none of us can leave!


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Caladius curses softly under his breath, "I see three options: Run, Hide, or Fight." He stands abruptly as he speaks, hurrying to nearest door out of the room. He stands next to the door with his back pressed up against the wall. "Decide. Quickly!"


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"If the back is blocked, fighting is our only option. I will not surrender to them. I'd rather go out on my dagger. "


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

As he stands ready by the door for whatever the group decides, some of the Hellknight's words finally settle on Caladius. "Both your leaders". His gaze snaps toward Janiven, his brow wrinkled with scrutiny, "Who do they have, Janiven? Arael and who else?"

Sense Motive please! Janiven's only ever mentioned Arael before and Caladius is suddenly nervous that they've got an imposter in their midst!


Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Caladius' comment snaps Janiven from her funk and she glares at him, "Stop with your stupid questions, Caladius. They most likely mean the leader of the Rego Scripa movement. Look, I heard them say, they're going to secure the back, not that it is secured. So we either run out the back or try the roof, but I'm not staying here to fight plate armored soldiers! You want to stay, you go on ahead!" She grips her bow and starts moving.

Caladius, that's the fiery Janiven you know!

I need you to decide a course of action..now!


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

The first unguarded expression you've seen cross Caladius' face only lasts but a moment as he smiles at Janiven, admiration plainly evident in his eyes. In a blink, it's gone and the burly tiefling draws his broadsword.

Assuming the party settles on retreat out the back...
Caladius dashes through the establishment, bursting out the back door with a low growl. "Hurry!"


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Shel pulls her dagger and follows the others Out the back.


Yes, if we hurry, we can get out before they can get around behind.

Tauni runs for it.


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Callandor whips his longsword from its sheath. In a harsh whisper, he snaps "What's the matter, Loco, cleanliness take away your speed? Let's GO. He waits to be the last one out the door, then follows.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Should have taken the roof!

Drawing his rapier and throwing axe, Loco follows the others out the back.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Everyone keep your head down," Shel hisses, as she contines to try and escape the building.

DM, I just noticed you didn't give us XP for the slaughterhouse. Are you just going to tally them for us and tell us when we level?


No, I forgot. Thanks for the reminder. I'll update the story later today.


750 xp to all, except Caladius, for stopping the demon cult.

As you rush out the back of Vizio's Place into an alleyway, you look to the left and see four armed men about sixty feet away, casually strolling when their mouths drop open, as they see you come out! They are not garbed in the feared plate armor of Hellknights but instead wear chain mail, long swords, and light crossbows. They are no older than 21 years. One of them screams out, "Stop right there, you are under arrest!"

Initiative:
Soldiers: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Janiven: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Caladius: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Callandor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Loco: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Shel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Tauni: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Janiven curses, as she sees the men. "I'm sure they've got backup, stay if you wish to fight." She double moves north, up the alleyway.
Everybody except Loco gets to act before the soldiers.

Map


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Hoping Janiven had a better idea of the alleys than the young Hellknight recruits I assume that's what they are., Shel follows behind the firebrandr as quickly as her short legs will carry her.


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

"Go. Hurry!" After bursting through the door, Caladius waves each of his companions by, intending to take up the rear guard with Callandor.

Action: Delay


Tauni runs after Janiven, sparing a glance over her shoulder to make sure the rest are following.


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Callandor grabs the at this point slightly drunken dwarf by the shirt collar and pushes him toward the alley. "Move, Loco! You were probably likely to be arrested and imprisoned before we became treasonous!"

As with Caladius, delay until everyone has gone, assuming they all get up the alley, then proceed after the others.


"Conspirators!" One of the young men runs south out of sight and blows a whistle, screams "They're escaping out the back!" The three recruits left, see the muscles of Caladius and Callandor, and decide not to draw their swords and advance, instead resorting to loading their crossbows and firing, twice at the tiefling and once at the dwarf, grazing Caladius in the arm!

Attacks:
Caladius: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Caladius: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Loco: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Loco and the two delayed actions.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Loco runs North into the alley after Tauni.

Double move into the alley away from fire. Is there a place to climb to the roof here?


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

It looks like Shel can make it to B13 and Billo to C13, if that's correct...

Caladius casts a baleful eye at the soldier who shot him, "Take your toy and go home, kid. Before you get hurt." He'll then follow the group into the northern alley.

Move Action: Move to D13
Standard Action: Total Defense (+4 Dodge bonus to AC)


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

not going to be too picky about what square I move to unless you insist, DM. I'm not trying to do anything with the soldiers unless they catch us, just run and bring up the rear, along with the Tiefling.

Callandor runs past Caladius after the others, hissing "Now's not the time to fight, Caladius. We need to get Janiven and the others to safety. We're into something bigger now, as much as I'd like to split some potential Hellknights open."


The soldiers double move after the party, at a slower rate, their chain mail boots clanking on the ground.

Round 2:
Janiven delays, as she looks around, unsure of whether to go left or right or straight ahead. She looks at Tauni and with bow in hand, says "I'll follow you!" This AP, as written, has been criticized on the messageboards for making all the decisions for the party and treating them as pawns, so I will not make this mistake.

The streets, at such a late hour nearing the curfew, are somewhat deserted, though there is foot traffic still around. To the west leads to the Rego Scripa, to the north is water and canals, and to the east eventually leads to the Rego Sacero (Priest sector).

Updated Map

Tauni and Shel are up, then the soldiers.


Tauni doesn't hesitate, turning the corner to try and break the line of sight between the group and the soliders, heading for another alley between buildings.

Double move to -I23, heading for the gap at -K29/30.


I double moved the soldiers on the map, but then realized they had already acted last round by loading and firing. So that will their action this round. Everybody gets to go now.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Shel follows as closely behind Tauni as possible. "Tauni, let's head back toward Rego Scripa. There's less Hellknights there, and most of the people there won't rat us out to them. We can use the same building we were in before."


To Shel You take the lead; you know these streets way better than I do!

Next round Tauni will delay until after Shel.


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

"Billo, the women are outrunning you. Move faster, you bearded gnome!"

Whether Billo's pace increases or not, Caladius maintains his position as rearguard. He will also start looking for barrels or boxes or anything to knock over behind him to hinder their pursuers.


To move things along, will assume that Callandor and Loco double move again...

As you break free from the alley and start to cross the road toward the alleyway, you hear the galloping of a horse's hooves on the cobblestone and look up to see from the west is a rider on a warhorse, that looks quite fearsome in the reputed plate armor of a Hellknight!

Hellknight

"How dare ye run, before the edicts of the Order of the Rack?!", proclaims the rider.

Updated Map

Shel and Tauni are up in Round 3!


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

@Caladius I'm running like the wind already you goat-headed oaf!
@Shel Take the back alleys! The'll catch up if we hit the open road!

Loco is now in full flight after Shel. Chugging along...

Run to b15 or thereabouts. Know Local for a good route to Rego Scripa to shake pursuit. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"The same place as before," Shel shouts to Loco and Cal, in case of separation, hoping they knew what that meant. Shel continues her run to the narrow alley. Once on the far end of it, she prepares to drop the bag of caltrops where there would be no avoiding it.


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

Caladius is unwilling to let the mounted hellknight run down his allies, so he maintains his position in the rear of the group. In order to hopefully disuade the mounted figure from rushing past him (overrun), Caladius draws his massive sword. He narrows his eyes menacingly at the armored brute, muttering under his breath as he does so, "I'll show you daring."

Double move to keep up with the group, remain in the back
draw sword as free action (thanks +1 BAB!)


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

I'm confused by where Loco's going. B15 is back the way we came, no? My understanding is we're heading for the alley that starts around -k30. If I'm right and we're not splitting up, I'll run to there, still maintaining rear guard.

As Callandor runs by Caladius, he shouts "The horse won't be able to follow us in the alleys. Now is not the time for a fight with the Hellknights. Fly!"

If Loco is indeed splitting off from the group, Callandor will instead double move to stick with him


Double move to -P29. To Janiven she says Let's pause here and make sure all have followed!


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

Those alleys looks at least 10 feet wide to me....


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

I was using a previous map, I think. Not sure about the coordinates. Loco is keeping up with the group...following Shel to that alley.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Just so my plan is clear, I'm trying to get to about -0, 29, and bust out the caltrops there. Hopefully the horseman will be following and lose a ton of time there. The regular guys, I'm not so worried about.


Janiven curses when she sees the Hellknight on horseback and she drops a piece of paper in Shel's hand and runs across the road to the south, unleashing an arrow at the Hellknight, as she screams "Run" back to the party! The arrow unfortunately bounces off the Hellknight's armor. the Hellknight double moves on his horse, as he draws his long sword.

Janiven Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Updated Map

Round 5:
Party is up!


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Hurry now," Shel warns the others, waiting for them to get ahead of her, so she could drop her surprise for the horseman. She knew Janiven seemed to be giving herself up for them, by creating a distraction, and Shel wanted to make sure the gessture was not in vain.


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Callandor looks at Janiven, his hand itching to join her. He realizes, however, that her duty is to her master Arael and his cause, and she's decided we are his best hope by giving herself to protect our escape. Humbled by her trust, his decision is made. It's not his place to deny that decision. He beckons Caladius to follow and moves up the alley to Shel as quickly as possible.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Survival. A street chase is nothing new to Billo Billcragg. He knows he can't run as fast as a human, but he has the stamina to keep going. He breathes easy and settles in for a long run. Following Shel to the alley he instinctively aims for the shadows.


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

Janiven's veering back to the south causes Caladius to miss a step and pull up short. Obviously torn, he looks briefly at Janiven and catches her eye. The faint expression which then flashes across her face is not lost on the tiefling. Run you idiot!

He squares his shoulders and grunts in understanding. Heeding Callandor's call with a simple nod, he follows his new companions into the northern alleyway, his knuckles whitening around the hilt of his sword.


Janiven lets loose another arrow at the Hellknight, this one finding an opening in his shoulder, as he screams in pain! She then darts back south through an alley!
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

With most of the party in the alleyway, Shel drops her caltrops to prevent entry from the Hellknight.

The soldiers run up, breathing hard. The Hellknight curses in frustration that he can't fit on his horse down the alleyway Janiven just went. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 He stops his horse short when he sees the caltrops! Ignoring the blood from the wounds, he yells back to the soldiers, "Take the devil's friends, that b%%!! is mine!" He rides off to the east.

Updated Map

Ok, quick geography: 2 blocks north and you reach the canals; 2 blocks east, you reach a park; 2 blocks west are more congested buildings and businesses. Just give me a notion of what you are looking for and where you want to go.


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

Shel suggested fleeing back toward the Rego Scripa earlier, which is as good a suggestion as any. Is one of these options a more direct path to there than another?


Rego Scripa is west from your present position.


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

I suggest West then! We can lose these schlubs in the busy streets!


From Tauni's line of sight, is there relatively easy access to the rooftops, or the sewers?


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"To the west then. Lose the pursuit in the busy neighborhoods and meet up you know where. "


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

"Aye! I'll feel more comfortable in the busy streets. West."

551 to 600 of 686 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.