Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread

Game Master Lucendar

Map of Westcrown


501 to 550 of 686 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

-- hiatus --

Caladius nods, "Lead on."


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Is everyone coming? Let's get to it. There's a lot to be done before dinner tonight," Shel exclaims, pondering how her circumstances have changed in the last couple of days.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

I made a post just a second ago in the discussion thread about splitting up/selling what we have recovered. Please add your share, and let me know if there is a problem on dividing up the stuff. I love stuff.


Let me know if you have any other plans before the dinner at 6pm? What is your character doing? Does he/she have a life?


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

After going to her broker, Shel heads to an inn to grab some lunch. She gets along well with the group, but still isn't completely sure about them just yet. She plans on keeping her regular life far from the others for the time being.


Oh, almost forgot.

That morning as you move around selling the jewelry and visiting the local diviner, Shel is stopped in the corner by a man in his early 40's. "You are definitely not easy to find! Miss Shel...I presume? I am Logan, steward to Klaus Wyndham, Master of the Carpenter's Guild. He sends you and your friends this small gift as a reward..." Logan looks around and once he makes sure no one is hearing, finishes, "for saving his son Klori's life from those cultists. He thanks you profusely." The man hands Shel a coin purse with 50 pp and walks away.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Um, thank you...," Shel mutters as she takes the payment. It's not often the grop had seen the little halfling get flustered, but that was definitely the case now. She tossed the pouch to Tauni, "...you are never going to believe what we just got!"


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Damn. Calandius. I'm sorry man. I can be then rudest jackass at the best of times. And times are tough, my friend...But ye gotta understand you know I've seen a lot of crazy s*$% these days. Things haven't been easy...even since...you know...in the Pit. Hell, we almost bit it down in that filthy abbatoir today - and all on some hair-brained vigilant scheme...hell man! But I shouldn't be so rude, you know? I'm sure life's been tougher for you at any rate.

Then to the rest his colleagues,

Listen Shel. I'm going to take a nap before dinner. You seem keen to liquidate our stash for us. I get it. I trust you'll transact our business wisely. Just try to be fair about my cut when you're ripping me off, ok? Shall we all meet here before 6 bells then?

Loco anticipates a night of trouble and hijinks and uses his brief time before dinner for some R&R


-- hiatus --

Caladius arches an eyebrow at Billo's afternoon plans. "A nap? Hmm. I didn't realize enough time in that jail could turn someone into a grandmother. Glad I got out when I did."


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Caladius, you don't have to follow your dwarven grandmother over there and take a nap if you don't want. I plan on getting a meal and a few drinks after conducting business this morning, if you want to tag along. I don't know the rest of the group's plans, though."


-- hiatus --

"Drinks and meal sound good to me, Shel. Thank you."


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Well, lets go then. These things aren't going to sell themselves. Now Cal, what's your story? How did you and Loco meet?"


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

"Shel, I'll come with you to sell the goods. Callandor's eyes linger for quite some time on Calandius, particularly on his horns. He bows stiffly. My name is Callandor. It is good to hear of those wanting to do good for good's sake. And if your desires do truly in that direction, and toward the betterment of my home, then we are allies, in goal if not officially. However, I get the impression that you are part of some sort of noble organization, and "noble" organizations are few and far between in these parts. And in Westcrown these days, the definition of "good" is hazy at best in the eyes of most, Iomedae knows. What are we getting ourselves into, Calandius? "


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Callandor looks at his beaten up weapon, and old castoff his father had to replace between mercenary campaigns with a newer one. He pauses in the middle of polishing out another nick in the blade and scraping off a small but of rust. "Perhaps our newfound gold will help me find a finer replacement for this blade. Seems like the way we are going it's going to see a lot more use in the coming weeks.

Callandor will purchase a masterwork longsword with his cut of the money, assuming he can find one while we are out


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Ah, I bet my friend might have just what you are looking for, Callandor. He is quite the purveyor of weapons in town. We might even be able to get you a good deal!"

Just fluff, of course, about getting a good deal.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

I think I messed up what time of day it is (date/time). Is it 16 Neth?

Well, I have a little time to spare. I do not intend to sleep all day! I wanted to see what transpires at the morning funeral too. And I have some shopping of my own to do with my new coin. I can meet you all for drinks a little later.


With a DC 15 Knowledge Local check, Shel can find a MW sword for Callandor on the black market for 300 gp. Otherwise, normal price 315gp.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"Let's go see my buddy, Froggy Ray, Calandor. He's a grippli, which is where he got the name from. He's generally a pleasant chap. I'd bet he'll be more than happy to take all of this gear off us, and might give you a bargain on that sword you are looking for in return," Shel leads the group through the town until they come to Froggy's shop.


She finds one, though she suspects it's probably stolen or was picked off a corpse, not that Callandor needs to know that.

16th day of Neth
1:00 pm

Loco: what funeral are you referring to? The one for the dead dottari?


-- hiatus --

"Callandor." Caladius nods in affirmation, placing his hand over his heart in formal greeting, "Caladius Rend. I take it then that we are allies. Good. Westcrown is rotting around us. Fixing that is going to get risky and messy. If you think it a worthy end, then you'll want to hear Janiven out later tonight." He rolls his broad shoulders then shrugs, "That's what you're getting into."

Later, while having a meal and drinks with Shel and anyone else....
"You had asked how I came to know Billo. I've had the fortune of sharing a cell with him several times over the last five or so years. He showed," Caladius pauses for a moment, as if wrestling with trying to find the proper words, "uncommon kindness to me during those times. I had hoped to get the chance to repay him. It seems I might at that."


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Yes, for the dead Dottari. Or did we sleep in?


I assumed you were selling but I see in your previous post that you let Shel take care of that.

The funeral was at noon so you made it. It is a more private ceremony with not as much hoopla, with just the dottari's family and friends there, a new priest, and his helpers. You do hear during the priest's sermon that "By the might of Asmodeus, the defilers from the previous day's events were brought to justice and will suffer greatly." After the ceremony, some of the mourners approach you, with a quizzical look on their face and ask how you knew Langdon White.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Langdon White? Never knew him. But I was here for the funeral yesterday when I saw the poor sucker cut down by those crossbowmen. I figured I would come and pay my respects to the guy. Did you hear anything about the body...or who those bastards worked for?

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Loco observes the funeral and looks for anything unusual among the onlookers. He's particularily curious about the priests. When that's over he will return to the Innn to meet up with the others. Seeing as he has some time and some on his hands ....and a new pile of cash...he will make a trip to the dwarven quarter for some shopping. He'll look to get fitted with a decent mail shirt. Masterwork. If he has some extra cash he'll upgrade his climbing equipment too.
Knowledge: Local check if necessary 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10. Profession: Miner 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 for the climbing kit.


"No, the Velbottis corpse is still at large, though the perpetrators it appears, were brought to justice by the dottari and massacred at some slaughterhouse. Thank Asmodeus! Now Langdon can rest in peace." Valgrim notices nothing unusual about any of the mourners, their grief is genuine. The priest, a bit dry, performs his duties with a monotony that suggests he has presided over many funerals lately.

Loco finds the armor at normal price and the climbing kit for 10% off.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Is it feasable that Loco found a couple of other items to add to his kit? ie. A potion of Hide from Animals? A small metal mirror?. Also, he will stop in his garret to lock up his backpack and other belongings before joining the others.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

After relaxing for the afternoon, Shel and the others head toward the agreed upon location at 6 oclock. "It's going to be interesting to hear what Janiven has to say."


Shel Whispertongue wrote:
After relaxing for the afternoon, Shel and the others head toward the agreed upon location at 6 oclock. "It's going to be interesting to hear what Janiven has to say."

I agree. I've spent years here in the city trying to make a difference, healing and treating people where I could and as much as I could without drawing too much attention and getting mobbed. It hardly seems like I've been able to make a scratch in the needs of the city.

Tauni takes a long draught and leans forward. I still have to believe that Milani has more in mind for me than just that. She pulls off her glove, showing at first what appears to be a tattoo on her palm of a bloody rose growing from paving stones. A closer glance shows irregularities indicating it is a remarkable birthmark rather than a design by a mundane craftsman. I have to believe she has more in mind for me.

After that, Tauni slows down her drinking to ensure she has a clear head for the meeting later.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Beautiful...you say that's a birthmark? You clearly have a purpose, my dear. I've never seen a birthmark quite like that..."


Moving ahead..

You arrive at Vizio's Place, a little early, before the tolling of the bells. When you arrive, you see it sparsely populated by some customers, perhaps 10 in total besides you. The bartender sees you and points you to a dining hall apart from the rest of the customers. A long table has been set up with food, drink, chairs, and place settings. "Pleasure to meets ya, name's Corvin. Janiven will be here shortly, she asked me to tell you to indulge yourselves while you wait."


-- hiatus --

Caladius nods to the bartender, "Corvin." He finds a seat with his back to the wall and a view of the entrance. He'll sip slowly on a cup of heavily watered wine as his gaze shifts from tavern patron to tavern patron, reflexively rather than intentionally taking the measure of each of them.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Hey there, Corvin. Call me Shel," the rogue admitted, noticing he already knew who the group was, so there was no reason to attempt any misdirection with him.


Tauni takes a seat and orders a nice wine. Thank you Corvin. This has all been happening pretty quickly. Is there anything you can tell us about what to expect tonight? We have only just met Janiven and know practically nothing about her.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

I guess Tauni is kind of fishing for simple advice or unimportant secrets.


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

"Thank you for your hospitality, Corvin. I am Callandor." His gaze goes to a particularly well-barked shank of beef tip sitting on the table.


Corvin smiles at the party and in response to Tauni's question, says "Not really my place to intercede, I'll let Janiven explain things to ya. I sure hope you say yes, this town need good folk like you to change things." He turns and returns to his bartender duties.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

The dwarf shows up with his beard groomed into a couple of neat braids. His boots and leathers are oiled. The cold sheen of new dwarfish mail peaks out from the open collar of his overalls, which are now clean and dusted. The pommel of his fine rapier gleams warmly in the lantern-light. He produces a pipe from one of his voluminous pockets and lights it up.

How ye doin'. The names Billo Billcragg. Some strong ale, please.


Janiven shows up a few minutes after the tolling of the bells and apologizes to the party, who is already partaking of the drink and food. She invites you to eat, though you notice she keeps taking a look at the door every once in awhile.

After the meal starts and you get the chit chat out of the way, she says, "I guess I'll start." She moves to the sliding doors of the private dining hall and closes them. "Thank you for agreeing to meet with me here. First of all, I wish to say I have marveled at the self-sacrifice Shel, Tauni, Callandor, and even you, Loco, showed at risking your lives to end the rise of a demonic cult in this city and free the people from the choke hold of the Anderhoff crime family. That you did it because it served a noble purpose speaks volumes as to your character. You did what few have done in a long time in this city and I thank you on its behalf." Janiven raises a glass to the four of you. "My friend Caladius, despite outward appearances, is also a man of noble character who stands up to bullies and I hope you learn of his kind heart firsthand. In this room, we all share the same beliefs that good should prevail and that's why you are here and why I have chosen you. So before I start, I want to say that you five make us believe that better days are ahead. Now, I was not supposed to speak to you today, but our leader and father figure, Arael, appears to be running late and I will take the risk that he will not be upset that we started without him. However, what I wish to speak to you about is of a sensitive nature that could be interpreted as treasonous and there could be serious repercussions from the government for it, so if any of you do not wish to be involved, please state so now and you will be free to leave."


Tauni is silent and still, indicating she plans on going no where and hearing Janiven out.


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Well. here is what separates me from the church. They would have just got up and left. I guess we see now if I have the conviction it requires.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Oh goody! Treason. And even I get to risk my neck? Maybe I'll hear what you have to say and then decide whether or not to get involved, eh? But I know enough to know that I'm probably already involved. So. Out with it! Spill the beans! How can we be of service?


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Shel also sat quietly in the room, wanting to hear exactly what was proposed before coming to a certain decision.


-- hiatus --

Caladius' expression throughout the evening remains flat, though it is possible that some notice how his eyes widened ever so slightly at Janiven's arrival or how his gaze turned to her most times she was looking away. Seeing Billo enter clean and groomed probably elicited the most dramatic reaction from the tiefling: an arched eyebrow.

As the evening progresses and Janiven speaks to the party of treason and other risks, he remains quiet and in his seat like the others. Billo's enthusiastic response draws an approving nod from him before Janiven continues.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

While waiting on Janiven to continue, Shel quietly pulls the magical scroll the party found earlier out of her backback and began fiddling with it. She understood some of the words, but the sigils were a bit beyond her. She made a mental note that she would crack the secrets held therein someday.


Janiven startes at the door one more time, collects herself, and starts, "I know, I know you are all dedicated. I just wanted to let you know how dangerous this course of action is that we are about to embark. It could be branded traitorous by the Chelaxian government, a crime whose penalty is death. But it seems to me you all have already decided that you need to do something to ail Westcrown's woes, before it is too late. Well, you're not the only ones who feel this way. And though perhaps, I am not the best suited or the most eloquent, I must have my say." Janiven stands and walks around the room, though you cannot tell if it is for effect or to gather her thoughts or both. "We have all suffered, in one way or another. I have lived in Westcrown my whole life, and although I love this city, I must admit, as must you, that despite our peace and prosperity, we continue to suffer. Fear should not be an expected part of life, and yet each night brings fear to our doorsteps. Yes, Westcrown has been safe from war and famine for nearly seventy years, and yes, our businesses have prospered—but for 30 years now, the government has failed to end the Shadowbeast threat, letting their own dottari fall before their claws. We live under a curfew, letting evil rule the dark! Other lands live free from tyranny. Other cities do not fear the night. Other governments do not cede the streets to monsters of the infernal shadows. Westcrown was once such a place, and she wants to be such a place again. Westcrown is not only her buildings and canals and docks and history—she is also her people. Westcrown is our friends and neighbors, our mothers and fathers, our siblings and cousins, our sons and daughters! With but a small group of supporters and dedicated brothers and sisters, we can earn the trust and admiration of those people. A Westcrown free of these shadowy beasts is what we all seek and desire!" Janiven pauses to calm herself, as she is all riled up.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"I don't mind a good struggle and all, Janiven, but those shadow beasts are terrors. How is a small group like ours going to be able to take those things down?"


-- hiatus --

Caladius shrugs at Shel's question, his leather armor creaking softly with the gesture, "It won't be without violence."


In response to Shel's question, "Father Arael has a theory that someone is controlling the shadow beasts, driving the good folk into their homes, leaving the night free to pursue their malevolent plans. Your party can go good in this town. We ask that you try."


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Speaking for myself at least, I say ay! What you say about the Shadows is true. The city at night belongs to the folk as much as the city does by day. That the townsfolk should have to cower in their dens at the drop of nightfall like little titter mice irks me. Its unacceptable and I will not settle for it. But why should we work with you? Who are you anyway, and who is Father Arael?


Tauni nods in agreement wih Loco. Yes, if we could take the streets back, that would be such an awe inspiring shift in the city. I would be willing to take some chances to see that come to pass.


Janiven sighs and says to Loco, "We are a bunch of concerned citizens who want to make a difference in Westcrown. Father Arael leads us, he is the eldest and thus, the wisest. We have operations here and in Rego Scripa. There is news that they have some promising candidates as well. Hopefully, you call can make a difference. You are awfully quiet, Callandor. What do you have to say about all this?"


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Callandor draws himself up in his chair. "Westcrown is my home, and the Westcrown of today is not a place where I want to live. I am not one to run. If we could cleanse the streets, it would shake the people of the city away from needing the strictures of the clergy of Asmodeus. I will do what I can to help." He looks around and continues, uneasily "but this Arael, he is a priest? Of which faith?"

501 to 550 of 686 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.