Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread

Game Master Lucendar

Map of Westcrown


451 to 500 of 686 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Heal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 to try and bring Vanderhoff around after double checking to make sure he's secured.


Despite Tauni's best efforts, looks like Vander will be out another 2 hours.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Well, let's take this one with us. We can turn him over to the guard. If nothing else, turning the bad guys in, or telling the dotteri where to find the bodies, should keep the spotlight off of us for a little while."


Tauni marks the runes inscribed on the corpse on some paper. You have an unconscious prisoner. What's the plan and what are you doing with the corpse?


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

DM, is there anywhere in the building we could pull off a 'safe burn' of the corpse so to speak? Don't want to take it outside, but don't want to burn the building down either.


Um...yeah. You just passed three ovens on your way to the altar. There's also those two green slime pits, which it appears the workers at the slaughterhouse use to dissolve/get rid of the bones of the cows after they pick the meat off.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Aha!

"Okay, let's get all the corpses together. The noble should be put in one of the ovens. As for the cultists and the brothers, the green slime pits are good enough for them, in my opinion. Make sure we've gotten anything of value off the corpses, though. No reason to let and trinkets go to waste here. I know a couple people that can help us sell all the items very quietly, too.


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

"I don't like the idea of turning this one over to the guards. What are we going to say? 'Hey, we killed a bunch of people in the slaughterhouse basement, but they were all bad. Here's one here. Go ahead and ask him - he's a demon worshiper.' I'd just as soon just leave him down here to wake up. Unless we want to get some information from him, in which case we should wait here for him to wake up, because I think carrying around an unconscious rogue is bound to draw attention, even in the seedier parts of town."


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"If we leave him here, he could cause trouble for us in the future. Or me at least, he knows who I am. I don't want to execute him, but I certainly don't want to leave him here to start his trouble all over again."


Can we chain him in the cell, then send a note to the dotteri? They won't let a demon worshipper go free.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Let's string him up with his his buddies onto those hooks in there. Then we can send note to the Dottari that there is some fresh meat for them to pick up.

Looking for chains, ropes hooks. If necessary slice up fabrics into strips to tie up the crook.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Very well, we can hang him or leave him laying where he is now for all I care. I'll drop a note to the Dottari, so the moron doesn't starve to death. Help me dispose of the bodies and let's get out of here. The place is starting to creep me out."


The party disposes of the Velbottis corpse in the oven and the cultists in the green slime. Obviously, there are still numerous signs of battle and fresh blood, but it is a slaughterhouse, so you hope that will mask it. You leave Vander alive but tied up, hanging from one of the hooks. Where do you go and what does your note say, Shel?


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

DM, I'd assume Shel knows some merchant in the town who would buy the treasure we recovered on the down low. We need to get that done. Then Shel will write a quick note and try to stealthily drop it off at any Dottari office/outpost that isn't too populated.

To whom it may concern,

Please find the demon worshipped, Vander Anderhoffen at his slaughterhouse. He'll be bound and waiting on your with the other pieces of meat. Also, please question him harshly to get the truth. He is a follower of some demon named Pazuzu. He also frequents with necromancers. Creepy, huh? No thanks are necessary.

Truely,

A Group of Concerned Citizens

If there is no suitable outpost, Shel can always pay a street urchin a few gold to deliver the message for the group.


Shel definitely has contacts who would have no problems buying the items she found. Just post items to be sold in the OOC thread.

With most of the dottari in the city out on patrol since the incident at the cemetery, it's pretty easy for Shel to drop off the anonymous note at a local garrison without being seen. Where do our bandaged/wounded heroes go now? You look like a bunch of mummies walking down the street..lol!


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

Shel, I am desperately in love with your note.

"We should stay in the area, see what rumors our little foray today kicks up. It may give us a hint as to our next move."


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"That makes sense, Callandor. There will definitely be more buzz around the neighborhood today. Might be worth heading to an inn first, though. If we don't get cleaned up, and get this slaughterhouse stink off us, we MIT as well go tell the Dottari that we were responsible."


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Where too? As long as we are in this quarter we won't look completely out of place covered in blood...


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Id think there were any amount of inns/bars in the area where we could kill a little time while things percolate, or we could always get a ring side seat at the slaughterhouse and simply wait for the Dottari to come running.


The party does get some odd looks from the locals on the street when they walk out of the slaughterhouse all bloody and bandaged, but there is a look of surprise and admiration on their faces that they endured.

Actually, there are no inns/bars in this section, mainly due to the stench and filth that pervades the Rego Crua, but there are plenty of abandoned buildings nearby, where the homeless generally stay, if they're not haunted.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

An abandoned building with a view of the slaughterhouse would do nicely, I think, DM. Assuming everyone else is cool with that.


Luckily for you, the abandoned house you find is not haunted by real ghosts and is down the block from the slaughterhouse. About 20 minutes after Shel drops off the note, five dottari arrive. After they are inside for a few minutes, fifteen more are summoned. They question the locals, but as you can expect, there's not too much cooperation with the authorities in this District. If you stay longer, priests of Asmodeus are also soon summoned. How long are you staying and what's the next step after that? Resting the night here?


Let's pick a room away from the main street. Maybe we can plan an escape route in case the dottari decide to search nearby buildings. If we spend the night here, I can tend to everyone's wounds and perhaps make us less conspicuous.

If we stay the night, I can swap out Detect Magic for Mending, and use Create Water for cleaning. Come morning, I can use channels to heal all up. Overnight, I can try a heal check to try and recoup my lost strength points.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"I'm with you, Tauni. I think we've seen that the Dottari have things well in hand. I'm fine with getting out of here and finding a place to rest and clean up for the night."


Assuming no one objects to staying...

Tauni finds an appropriate space in the abandoned building (a basin, tub, etc.) and casts Create Water several times so that everyone can clean their gear, emptying and refilling as necessary.

healing:
Eight hours of rest will heal one hit point each. Tending to the wounds of others to try and make that two points.
Tauni 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Shel 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Callandor 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Kaliana 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Loco 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

That brings up to:
Tauni 9/12.
Shel 10/10.
Callandor 13/13.
Kaliana 10/13.
Loco 10/10.

Then making sure they are someplace where passersby won’t feel the divine energy, Tauni channels energy in the morning to try and heal the remaining injuries.
First Channel 1d6 ⇒ 6

That leaves Tauni down 3 and Kaliana down 3. Also leaves Tauni down one point of strength damage.

She will use the mending spell in the morning to repair her armor and clothes. She use it for anyone else who wishes as well.


Two things: Tauni. 1. You can't give long term care to yourself. 2. When you awaken the next morning to Channel, Kaliana is nowhere to be seen. There are no signs of struggle or combat, so maybe she left on her own.


In the morning, Tauni will cast Cure Light Wounds on herself.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

That brings her to down 1 hp and 1 strength. Everyone else who remains should be at full.

When Tauni wakes from dozing, she glances around. Kaliana? she thinks. Maybe she's keeping watch. Or maybe she didn't have the stomach for the gruesome things we saw yesterday; it is hard to blame her. Tauni says nothing to the others.


Suddenly, a voice interrupts the party, "Excuse me, pardon the interruption, I come in peace." You turn and suddenly see an elven blooded woman garbed in studded leather armor, a bow strapped on her back, and a long sword in its scabbard at her side. Her soft leather boots as quiet as can be, as she makes little if any sound when she moves. "But you weren't exactly being subtle. The dwarf's snoring could be heard a mile away." She smiles a little. "I am Janiven and would like to speak with you about your activities at the slaughterhouse. The whole town is buzzing about it."

Not at home so her pic will follow later.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"What activities might you be referencing, miss Janiven? I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you are talking about," Shel posits, making the newcomer reveal her hand before confirming any details.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Pointing at Tauni.

Snoring? That was not me, Elfish biggot! Surely that was her snoring like Daralathyxl on the Crag! What are you doing here and what do you want? Why don't you mind your own business, eh?


Oops, she's wearing a chain shirt, not studded leather and human, not elven. LOL!
Pic of Janiven

Janiven smiles at Shel's question. "Oh, I don't know. You and your band are seen going into the slaughterhouse owned and operated by the Vanderhoff brothers and now only Parne is left alive, while his brothers have "disappeared" and it turns out the whole lot of them are demon cultists. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that? I'm not here to report you, just thank you. Those bastards oppressed many good poor people in this District, while the dottari turned a blind eye. Ran things like a crime family. Good to see they got their just reward in the end. Oh, I'm sure they're dead. They never would have left Parne. Just curious. Why'd you get involved? For their gold and valuables?"


HP 12/13 - AC 14/8T/12FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Percep +6, Init +2, blind

"Isn't a battle against demon worshipers reason enough in itself to get involved?"


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

Shel smiles at the newcomer. "Well, the jig is up already, I suppose. I had thought it might take longer than 8 hours before we were caught, though. Demon worshipping and necromancers are creepy, you know. We were also put in a place that it made sense to try and clear our names, after the assault at the funeral, at which we were requested guests."

Shel thought for a moment before continuing, "Now what's your play in all this, Janiven? And how were you able to track us so easily?"

Also, all four of the remaining original party needs to add 30 gold, 22 silver, and 4 copper to your sheets, as your cut of the coin from the slaughterhouse.


"Oh, let's just say I know the streets very well. I grew up on them and a little birdie told me your group was seen. I was just looking for clues as to who you may be, thought you may have set up in one of these abandoned buildings to scout the slaughterhouse before your entry. Dottari never would have come in here, they don't like to get themselves dirty, unless ordered to do so. Never believed I would still find you here. Guess that was just dumb luck, huh?" Janiven laughs aloud.

"I have no play here, uh.....um sorry, you haven't given me your name. Ah, that's right, there was an incident at the cemetery yesterday morning. My, you folk do get around. Well, like I said, just wanted to thank you for your efforts. You did a good thing yesterday taking out those demon cultists. I thought you might have been working for the dottari at first, given the whole devil/demon hate. But it seems you did good for goodness sake. And that's rare nowadays. Westcrown needs more people like you, people tired of the status quo who want to make for a safer city for all Wiscrani. Does this interest you?"

Suddenly, you hear noises at the entrance and you hear a voice say, "Janiven, you ok? I'm getting bored standing outside, watching the street. There's nobody out..." In steps a 6'4" tall male, with broad shoulders and bulging muscles, garbed in black armor with a broad sword strapped to his back. However, despite his impressive physique, what first grabs your attention is his rust colored skin and the curving horns sprouting from his brow! "Umm...sorry, am I interrupting?"

Janiven looks back at the stranger, fury in her eyes and she just whispers, "Awkward!", as she smiles at the party. Loco, however, recognizes the stranger!


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Well, this has taken another turn, hasn't it? I'm impressed by your gumption, Janiven. I'm certainly not a fan of bad things happening to people who do not serve them. That seems to happen all too much in this town. Call me Shel," the halfling says to the female, extending her hand in friendship.

"And who is this big one? For the record, Janiven, having this one watching out, trying to stay inconspicuous...not a great idea," she says, looking all the way up to see the horns issuing from his head.


Janiven smiles awkwardly. "Well, Shel, I'm not stupid either. Think I'm going to be wandering through abandoned buildings by myself with no backup...in this District??!"


-- hiatus --

The tiefling turns to the halfling, "Caladius." His eyes then flash ever so briefly as he looks toward the dwarf, "Abyss take me. Billo? I'd heard you got out. Started looking for you in fact. Good to you see you again, though I didn't expect to find you so soon." He then pauses for a moment, settling his weight on his right leg, he leans back slightly with his arms crossed as his eyes slowly sweep over the rest of the group. Apart from his subtle reaction to seeing Billo, his expression remains stoic. He then turns back to Janiven, "So did our numbers just grow or...?"


I am afraid you are catching us at less than our best here, Janiven, is it? Perhaps if you give us a better idea of what you have in mind? I've been trying for years to make things better here and there is this city, and it has been like drops of water in a desert. The good seems to evaporate in a flash. Do you have some notions that may be more meaningful?


Janiven looks surprised, as she stares at Caladius. "You know this dwarf? Now, why does that not surprise me? I will talk to you later about interrupting me." She then turns to Tauni, "I'd prefer to talk about this in a more decent setting, with fine food and drink. You know, let me wine and dine you and see if we can't join forces and make a real difference in the city? How's tonight, at say the tolling of the six night bells, at Vizio's Place in the Rego Pena? Does that work for all of you. Ask for me, you will be expected. And hey, take care of that cut on your cheek." Janiven tosses Tauni a berry and smiles.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

I don't have any plans for this evening. I think meeting up to talk would be pleasant. I actually have to go find a jeweler friend of mine. Dinner might be on me, if things break right."

Tauni, could you cast Detect Magic on all the items, so we can know what we are working with, and I can sell the rest?


Tauni catches the berry and, after giving it a cursory sniff, eats it.

Goodberry, or do I need to make a fort save? :)

Tauni switched out Detect Magic for Mending after the eight hours. If the DM says its okay to have done it before then we are good. Otherwise, I can pick it up tomorrow.


The cut on Tauni's cheek heals, restoring the missing 1 hp. Sure, nothing other than the potions detect as magic.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

Oh its you? Caladius you freak! Just like you to show up when I don't need you. Hey, so...I see you got some new boots to lick. When are you gonna stop letting all the sense out of your horns and join a real crew? We could have used your little pecker-blade back in the slaughterhouse don't you know.


-- hiatus --

Caladius, his face unreadable, regards the dwarf quietly for a moment. "And you could have bathed since getting loose from jail don't you know." He shakes his head in mock-judgement, offering a ghost of a grin to Tauni and Shel as he does so.


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"Well, aren't you two getting on like two little long lost sisters. I'm sure there are some stories between the two of you. I hate to interrupt the festivities, but I really must get to my friends. Anyone want to go with me to sell some of the stuff we collected? All of you are entitled to a share. If you trust me, I can bring everyone's share to dinner tonight, but I'm not the most trusting sort myself," Shel says with a grin.


I certainly trust you, especially after all we have been through together today. She pauses. Has it really just been a day, twenty four hours, since this all started? She shakes her head to chase away the thought. But right now I don't think any of us should be wandering off alone. At the very least I think we should pair off. It is not that I doubt your ability, Shel, but I think it a prudent precaution.


Janiven smiles, "See you all tonight and I guess if you must, you can bring the dwarf. Caladius, you can stay with your old friend if you wish." Janiven waves goodbye and is soon gone.


HP 7/10 - AC 16.13.13 - F+2.R+6.W+2 - Init. +4 - Perc. +6 (+2 stone, +1traps) . GP 25.63

What was THAT all about,Calandius? (falsetto)"You may stay with your old friend...?" Who is that ugly harpy to say what you may or may not do? Are you some kind of slave?....or worse...no...please let it not be so...you poor, poor soul....you're married aren't you?


-- hiatus --

Caladius watches Janiven as she departs, his expression flat and guarded. At Billo's question, the teifling turns to regard him. "Married? No. Not a slave either. Just indebted." His voice is low and even and if it were any softer it'd sound like he was whispering.

He'll then turn to the rest of the group, starting with Shel. "Your name I caught. Shel. Well met." He then offers to Tauni and Callandor, "Caladius. You are also well met." His attention then swings back to Shel, "You have tasks to accomplish?"


Spoiler:
34/34 HP; AC 17/15/13; F+5, R+10, W+ 3, Perc +10/+11Traps, Init. +4; Evasion
Female Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1

"We do, Caladius. See all this extra stuff we are carrying? I've got a place that will give us a decent price for all of it. If you would like to head out with us, you and Loco could catch up on old times."

451 to 500 of 686 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Bastards of Erebus (CoT) PbP Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.