Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Lost Memories of Sorrow (Inactive)

Game Master BinkyBo

Will reactivate if and when needed.


401 to 450 of 1,775 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Errik Kn Dungeoneer:

There is no sign of anything to hold it in one position, you might assume it is a pull and release mechanism... if it still works.
There are some possibilities of what it could be that might be troubling.

Karthak:

Looking down the steps, there seems to be something deliberate in the spacing of the stone blocks at the base of the stairs. Switching from "Running Bond" to "Jack on Jack" when it would have been just as easy to stick with "Running Bond"... plus would like nicer.

Corum:

You get down the steps, and start to smell a complex smell. A sooty, burn scent with a bit of mildew and sewage.
On the lowest part of the angled roof above the steps, you see in charcoal scratches "Tunnel flooded" in undercommon.


Corum reads the warning, "Tunnel Flooded" & continues. He remarks about the burnt, sooty smell that offends his elvish nose.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Tunnel flooded? Then they wouldn't be using this tunnel anymore... " Errik looks to the chain again, " A mechanism for draining the water? " he reaches out for the ring but then changes his mind and moves down the stairs to see for himself and causes a bit of confusion as he bumps into Corum " oup! My apologies... "

Errik examines the walls floor and roof for anything unusual as he goes, looking for anything that could give a clue to the chains purpose (also traps). Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Karthak stares at the floor for as if transfixed, then he speaks:"Something's strange with those stone blocks down there" he whispers pointing at the blocks.
"Why choose those 2 different styles? I think the floor might be trapped somehow."


Corum is jostled by Errik has he moves forward. At the mention of the word 'trapped', Corum stops dead in his tracks.

"Trapped, let us look for traps."

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton looks for a trap as well, "Let us look around then, remember I can disarm it if we find one."

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Karthak scoffs:"Bah! Let an expert do it! I just wanted to warn you before you went your merry way and triggered something!", he then proceeds to move near the floor and check the floor tiles

Perception (traps):1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


You all notice (Braxton notices after it is pointed out) a thin "scuff line" in the floor. Also, though the mortar between the bricks has eroded quite a bit, Errik notices the ceiling above where it is completely without mortar and a little wider of a gap... in line with the mark on the floor.

Errik:
From what you see in the ceiling and mark on the floor, This could be something that gets re-set by pulling the chain. There is also a bit of wear on the mortar and edges of the stone blocks on the wall there too, as if a panel the width of the hallway made most likely of metal, slides down. Could be just a way to block off the tunnel or could be part of a trap.

Karthak:
You are fairly certain you see a loose block in the floor just ahead which could be a pressure trigger.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" There in the ceiling, A panel that can drop down to block the tunnel... Or something more sinister, perhaps a guillotine. It looks like it could be reset with the chain. "


"Can you poke it with something long to set it off safely or disable it?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

"And there's a block over there... it's a pressure trigger. Don't step on it would be the best course of action I'd say..."


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Ah Karthak! Your a gem. a grumpy gem but a gem all the same! " Errik says with a wide smile. He then mutters an arcane sounding rhyme and with a small popping sound the pressure plate becomes bright red
Prestidigitation
" Let's leave it alone for now, why would this tunnel be flooded? " he carefully moves forward to investigate. perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

"Who knows? To drown unwanted guests? Anyway... let's proceed!"

Karthak enters the ground floor navigating it carefully in order to avoid any traps.


Corum follows the grumpy dwarf, and darts ahead as soon as he is out of the trap range.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 Perception (darkvision 60')
1d20 + 20 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 20 + 3 - 5 = 35 Stealth (invisible)


You make your way around the block marked red by Errik, and continue without seeing an end to the tunnel yet... by light or through darkvision. You do however soon hear the sound of water... just a little more than a trickle. The sooty mildewy scent increases as well... with a bit of a sewer smell as well.

Corum:

In addition to the trickle, you hear something a fair distance away which sounds like something moving through shallow water. About 150 feet past the pressure plate (a little more than 50 feet ahead of your current position) you see the ceiling slant down as if there are more steps down. There is something on the downward slanting ceiling that looks (from where you are now) like a small grate, but it is difficult to tell for certain what it is.


Corum rushes back and explains quickly, "In addition to the trickle, I hear something a fair distance away which sounds like something moving through shallow water. About 150 feet past the pressure plate I saw the ceiling slant down as if there are more steps down. There is something on the downward slanting ceiling that looked like a small grate, but it was difficult to tell for certain what it is. I am going back to investigate."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

"Good. Go then. And scream if something catches you..."

That said Karthak keeps moving towards the end of the tunnel, using his sword to motion for the others to follow.

Let me know if and what checks could be required please


Corum returns to where he saw the grate, it appears (and when the rest of the group catches up with the light sources it is more clear) that there is some metal plate just behind the 5" x 3" grate. You also see the eight steps down as Corum pointed out.

you have now passed the area of your previous perception checks.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Perception check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Karthak cautiously checks the steps before walking on them


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

A metal plate blocking the tunnel?
Errik approaches scanning the tunnel as he goes for any more hazards.

perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Per1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


No the tunnel is open. There is a small rectangle of metal bars in the ceiling above the steps going down. The metal plate is just behind the metal bars.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

So... what did we perceive?


Karthak finds another loose block in the steps down. As you step around it, you see another gap in the ceiling as before... with wear marks on the walls and floor... just at the base of the steps.
The tunnel continues past this for another 30 feet, then another set of steps down. Halfway down the next set of steps, the pale stone blocks of the walls and ceiling have crumbled away, and the tunnel appears to widen into a room.
You hear the trickle of water, and now hear the sound of movement through water.... and also now hear a brief sound of something dragging across gravel.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton stumbles around behind them as they stop, he tries to listen a well. Then check's the ground for any tracks

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Survival:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


The air is moist and filthy here. This apparently has over time created a slightly slimy coating on the rock which starts right about where the grate is, and increases the closer you get to the opening ahead.

Braxton:

You see a path of footprints heading that direction which are little more than small smears with a different sheen to the untouched stone. Smallish human... maybe female human or male elf or humanish adolescent. (can roll knowledge roll to determine that if you care to)


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

DM:
Knowledge(nature):1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31[/ooc]
Only knowledge I got.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

If Karthak was informed of the trail he could probably try to help with some of his knowledges


You see Braxton inspecting faint tracks on the ground.

Braxton:

you are able to rule out fey, and monstrous humanoid. Slender human or elfy thing is still your best guess.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

He whispers, "Ya guys see these tracks, looks like smaller slender person made them maybe an elf. What do you guys think?"


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik scrapes some of the slime from the wall with his dagger. Holds it up to a light looking intently and then sniffs at it.

Kn Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

" What, someone else down here? " He says turning to inspect the footprints. " Hmm "

Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Kn Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Kn Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Kn religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Kn Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Errik:

The slime does not seem to be anything particularly remarkable. It just smells like a concentrated scent of what you have been smelling... smoky and mildewy.

The tracks do look like they are from an female half-elf.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Karthak stops and glances at the others, whispering back:"Are we good? Can we proceed? I wish to see for myself one of these creatures that you deem so worthy of fear. I pray they'll made a worthy offer for Gorum"

Perception check:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" looks like a half elf to me... Probably female from the size. I wonder what they are doing down here?"
He shakes his dagger to get rid of the slime and if the area is big enough he will draw his short bow.


"A half human? How interesting." Corum moves ahead and looks alert.
Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


Corum:

You proceed and reach the end of the stone block walls and ceiling, exposing the dark rocky earth. This last set of stairs is narrower, and halfway down it opens up to a large room. The stairs appear to end in inches deep water.
You see rippling water, a dark earthen pillar... you can't get a sense of the dimensions of the room.
darkvision view from halfway down narrow stairs
(just south of V,6))


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik move ahead following Corums footsteps in the goo, an arrow notched to his bow string.
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton moves forward with Errik, his miscellaneous items clanging about. "I knew you would know whose tracks those are, buddy."

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Karthak enters the new room, sword drawn.

Perception check:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


You step down the stairs into murky several inchdeep water covering the broken floor. Just at the base of the steps are remnants of a stone floor that has since been shattered. The ceiling is high... maybe 30 feet. About twelve feet up, you see what is left of the previous ceiling (and floor for what was a room above) it is now just a jutting ring of rough rock. On top of the rocky pillars in this semi-flooded lower part are stone pillars of the top half of the opened-up room.

Just on the edge of Errik and Braxton's light, you see small but constant stream of water leaking from the ceiling into the water ahead. around (M-N,9-10)

map

Let me know where you would like to start on map... anywhere from U to V, 4 to 8.

Braxton, Corum, Karthak:

You hear a quick "shush" sound at least a few dozen feet away to the north.


V8 for me


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Knowldege Dungeoneering check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Knowldege Nature check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Knowldege Religion check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Karthak clears his throat and speaks in a jolly tone:"People... I can see two ugly critters in front of us. I suggest you prepare yourself... we are going to have some fun!!"

Initiative check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

U7 for me. Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Errik steps off the stairs covering Braxton an Karthak with his bow though he can't spot a target yet.


Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

I'll be staying in spot U5.

As he hears the hush tones the shady merchant tries to hide his reaction and palms one of his bombs just in case. All the sneakyness is broken when the dwarf bellows. "And I thought I didn't know subtly, dwarf's got me beat." He holds up his bomb, "Now be good childern come out and surrender to your Uncle Braxton and Dwarven McBigBlade over here. hehe."

Init:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

S7 for me


initiatives:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

As you move into the room, you see the heads of the two creatures submerge - just as the light starts to reach them. This makes it clear that the water is deeper towards the center of the room.
Further ahead in the darkness, you hear the voice of a young female.. "Help! Help me! They are going to hurt me!"


map (darker blue water is deeper... about 4 feet deep)

Round 1
unknown1 - acted
unknown2 - acted
Karthak
Corum
Braxton
Errik
unknown3

Karthak Know(nature):

From what you saw of them, they looked like "slick-skinned" goblins. Being in the water as they are, there is a good chance they are some aquatic variant like grindylow... goblin torso, head, and arms... bottom half octopus-like tentacles.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Damnation! They are running away! Just a couple of aquatic goblins it would seem. I don't trust the waters but it seems we need to enter them if we want to deal with the creatures! But first let's see if I can soften them a tad"

Karthak drops his sword (free action) and shots a crossbow bolt towards the fleeing goblin in I12

Attack roll:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage roll (if it hits):1d10 ⇒ 2

Edit: seems he can't...


"Well, maybe I can conjure up something that likes the water."

Corum advences to the endge while invisible and uses his shadow spell to cast another Monster Summoning 3. Full round casting.

A dimensional portal begins to open in the water.

401 to 450 of 1,775 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lost Memories of Sorrow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.