Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lost Memories of Sorrow (Inactive)

Game Master BinkyBo

Will reactivate if and when needed.


351 to 400 of 1,775 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik looks from Corum to the Warden. "These are hard times, shapeshifters will cause distrust. It's probably best to make a habit of eating something small every time we meet." Errik takes some rations out of his pack and divides them up so that there's a mouthful for each person in the room. He takes his portion and chews it slowly, swallows it and then opens his mouth to show that the food has been consumed.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Good idea, I don't mind a little snack anyway!" Karthak chews on his piece of dried meat and eyes the others at the same time.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton smacks the side of his head for not having the eat from the begining and chomps down his own portion.


As Corum eats, he can't help but look at the warden, "You should make all your staff and people you meet go through this ritual until the shapeshifting menace is over."


At first mention of eating, Warden Horne starts to say he had already eaten in front of them, but soon understands... He turns to the two confused deputies with him. "Let's eat. We'll talk after we've eaten."
They all eat.
A few moments after, Warden Horne explains to the deputies what Errik told him. The shapeshifters cannot digest solids, and it is not known if the two dead ones were the only ones.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Well, since our little snack is out of the way I think it's time for us to check the veracity of that map", the dwarf signals to Errik to come closer and asks him to provide the map.

"As you can see this thing highlights some unknown "entrances" to your town here. I believe we all want to verify this information and eventually put an end to any nefarious plots taking place under our feet. Am I right?"


circles from crude map overlayed on town map:

map


"Well, we need to make sure the town hall is secure, then we can check out the other two circles."


The circle at "J - Fawni's house" is where you were fighting earlier.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Let's check the one under town hall...


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Agreed!


Warden Horne quickly scans the floor, and speaks quietly... "Well, as most buildings here on the old Doyle Estate, there is no basement. There is a crawlspace under this area at least I believe. Dunno offhand how to get to it... other than rippin up the floorboards."

I'll take perception checks. Let me know if check is for floor here at back wall, outside in alley (both are within circle on map).... or elsewhere.


Per alley 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" It may come to that Warden but let's give the floorboards a good look first, there may be a hidden trapdoor. " While Corum goes out to inspect the alley Errik gives the floor a good inspection even getting down on his hands and knees running his fingers over the wood looking for a hidden seem.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 :( dang...

Is it possible to give this a little time and take ten?


Yep. If you continue to search you will find what you are looking for eventually, if it is there to find.

Inside Town Hall

The derro watch Errik inspect the floor. One glances at Corum as he leaves, then speaks seven words quietly to the mouthy one. The mouthy one barks out five words in his face. He violently grabs the first speaker's tricep, and pushes him back.

Behind Town Hall (in alley)

Corum:

You get to the back alley, and find the spot by checking distance to corners and spacing of windows. The bottom 12 inches or so of the exterior wall (of this part of the building) is the same cobblestone as many of the older looking buildings here.
You find two vertical breaks in the mortar, well hidden in the natural curve of the rock. It looks possible for one to push this section forward and squeeze through into the crawlspace.


"Out here!!!"


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"Whats you find pointy ears?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Perception check:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Karthak scans the alley, following Corum's every move. When the elf uncovers the "Seems like our elf found the hidden passage behind that wall", points out the dwarf, smiling apparently self satisfied.


Corum activates the hidden passage when everyone is near.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik stands as he hears Corum's voice dusting off his hands and knees.
"Sounds like Corum has found something outside, are you coming Warden?"
He walks out to the alley to see what has been found.


"Right behind you." Warden Horne looks to the two other watchmen. "Stay here and keep an eye on the prisoners. I'll be right back. Let no one else in here until I return."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Good! Let's get down then" the dwarf being more accostumed to the tight spaces of underground vents easily takes the lead as he extracts his sword.

"Let me go first, my eyes are quite keen in the darkness and I've fought underground more than once in my life"

Perception check:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


It seems like the small "panel" of cobblestone, low on the exterior wall should move. It appears to move just a hair from Corum pushing in on it.

Warden Horne leans into it, and it budges less than an inch further. There appear to be two grooves in the ground now visible on either side of the slightly moved panel.

Karthak + anyone with DC20ish perception or appropriate Knowledge skill (DC15 for Corum since he is the one pushing it:

The panel is on a two rail track, but it is barred or something from the other side.

edited


"Well I do not force things open. Karthak and Braxton, put your backs into it, it is barred on the other side. Braxton, drink some magic juice if you have to."


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"We'll hold off on drinking til we need it, me and the dwarf should be able to open this!" He looks at the structure and with Corums directions wedges his crowbar into the the groves and tries to pry it open.

Str check+2 from crowbar:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

A look of ire passes on the dwarf face as he hears Corum words:"In fact you do FORCE things open, being as petulant as you are, elf. Don't tell others to do a job when you are not willing to do it first! And don't you dare to give orders if you don't give the example first! Now step aside and let us do the work you CAN'T do!"

That said Karthak moves near the panel:"Mmmmmh. Seems like it's a two rail track but something or someone is keeping it shut. I wonder if there are no other options but brute strength to open it"

Knowledge dungeoneering:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Karthak ponders on the crate's structure for a while then he seems to decide he doesn't know enough about it:"No matter. Seems like we'll solve this through good old fashioned hand work!"

Strength check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


It seems whatever is blocking it is about to give way, but doesn't. Using the crowbar on one track does not seem to help.

need an aid another roll DC10 to assist Karthak. Braxton can try again without crowbar.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

"He's a grumpy sort of fellow." Errik whispers to Corum giving a small chuckle. He watches Karthak and Braxton strain against the panel knowing were he to try and help he'd probably only get in the way.


Corum nods and answers Errik, "They could be brothers--I told him to drink his magic juice. It looks like he should have listened. Notice how they are not working together. Maybe I should have told them to not work together and Braxton to not drink his magic juice and it would be open."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"A little bit more and it will give way lad! I can feel the lock or whatever else is keeping this shut ready to crumble!"


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"Yeah Yeah I was just streching before." He gives a grunt as he attempts to help out the dwarf without his crowbar.

Str check to assist:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


You hear a muffled snap from behind the base of the wall... where the two are pushing. The panel slides along the track back several inches, then inclines slightly for nearly a foot, then the track curves - causing the panel of cobblestone to swing in. Other than the opening you have just made, there is no visible light.
The ground is stone block, it drops off two blocks of stone in (about 20 inches), the crawlspace past that appears to be four feet from ceiling to the messy stone floor as far as you can see.

Darkvision Karthak, and Corum once he looks in:

Against the far wall (40 feet in), there are steps down.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Good job lad! And down we go it seems. Little surprise there. I suggest those who cannot see underground to light some torches. It's going to be pretty dark down there I fear, so better be prepared"


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton digs into his pocket and pulls out a gem, "Bah torches! There to cumbersome we need a little fineese." He holds up the gem near his head and lets it go as it starts to float on its own it lights up.

He activates his Ioun torch.


"Karthak on point and Braxton behind him. Errik and I will follow."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Nifty trick! Now let's go... and elf... we already know we need to protect your weak hide. No need to point that out and embarass yourself. We understand." finishes the dwarf with a laugh... and a mean look towards Corum. Seems like he doesn't like being ordered around by someone whose authority he doesn't aknowledge.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik draws his dagger and heads in after Braxton. Casting light on a coin he tosses it forward to illuminate more of the area.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


"Well, I will be here, you just won't be able to see me."
Corum casts invisibility and follows behind. Occasionally he uses his darkvision to check behind them.


You all slide in feet first, into the four foot high crawl space. There is a fair amount of dust, cobwebs, and smashed planks of rotting wood mostly around the perimeter. On the floor, you see the snapped board that had been lashed to the track.

Now with the light you see carvings in the wall... including around the opening through which you just came.

On the far side of the room are steps down. On the wall just past the first step is a pull-chain which goes up to the ceiling, through a small ring, continues to another small ring in the ceiling (in the direction of the steps down), and disappears in a small hole where the ceiling meets the wall above the steps down.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

"Hmm, Look at these carvings? Art for arts sake or something more?" Errik says rubbing his hand over the wall

Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Probably them counting their kills, pretty standard pratice..." Karthak gives Errik a big thoothy smile, it's difficult to understand if he's being serious or not.


Errik:

They are warding spells, like the one you saw in the tomb. These are written in Argot, and there are scratchings and faded markings below the words... you can barely make out these, but they appear to be a language unknown to you.. attempts at translating the Argot maybe?
Regardless, between these two mostly complete carvings of wards you should have everything necessary to vocally activate the wards... if they function as they appear to.

Braxton:

You see what Errik is looking at, some of those words appear to be Argot.

Corum:

There is some undercommon gibberish scrawled under the unintelligible carvings.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

"Look Braxton, Argot carved into the walls!? It's some sort warding spell"
Errik mutters under his breath as he continues to study the words.

Dm:
Errik casts read magic and tries to work out what the spell will do if it's triggered [ooc] Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


The mage detects for magic on the writings.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"I see that mate, but I don't recognize the other Language?Do you?" He says while looking onto the other part of the script.


"I recognize the Undercommon runes, Braxton, but I am quite literate in the language and the words here are gibberish. Obviously you recognize the other language."


Errik:

It is abjuration magic. It seals the entry you came through.

Corum Detect Magic:

You cannot read it, but the carvings themselves emit a moderate abjuration aura... your arcane sight sees it much like a scroll


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

"Right, well, hmm... The spell will seal up this entry if spoken. I don't think we need to do that just yet. So curious that it is written in Argot though!" Errik moves back from the carvings with just a little disappointment on his face. "Well I suppose we go down the stairs then." though he's actually looking at the chain as he says this.
So What's the chain for I wonder

Kn Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Very well. Now you made sure that isn't going to blow us up I suggest we keep going down..."

Perception check:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Perception 11+2 for stomework and stone


Now that Corum is invisible, he will move quickly and may even range ahead if there is room.
Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Stealth 1d20 + 20 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 20 + 3 - 5 = 38 -5 penalty for full movement I think.

Corum makes no sound except the occasional whistle to alert the party to his presence.

351 to 400 of 1,775 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lost Memories of Sorrow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.