Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lost Memories of Sorrow

Game Master BinkyBo


301 to 350 of 1,770 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak observes the warden casting a doubious look as he approaches:"Seems like the type of person who asks others to do his job... Typical I guess!"

"Mrmhm! Well met warden, I'm Karthak Ironbreaker, an humble servant of our lord in Iron. I'm here hunting a certain Sirius Horth, a necromancer affiliated with the whispering way who needs to be put down. Did you by any chance have seen him in town?"

Karthak will provide a phisical description of Horth if needed


Warden Horne stands and nods... gives a quiet thanks to Errik for the light, then turns to Karthak and Corum. "Well met indeed. Whispering Way here? Nothing but dealing with drunks, a few pickpockets, and a few wandering degenerate orcs for years..."
"Sorry, no good sir dwarf, I have not seen or heard of this man myself. If you suspect he passed through here, I could question the ferrymen... if he used the ferry, one of our two ferrymen will remember him. Pardon me... "

He walks over to the archway to the main sewer and looks out then turns back toward you.. "Unless you have legitimate objections, we'll take these three to the holding cell in the town hall. If you care to meet me there soon as you can, Goodman Doyle has arrived, and would like to speak with you. I'll arrange for rooms at the the bed and breakfast if you wish."... turning back to Karthak and Corum, he takes another look at Karthak. "Or maybe the Belching Badger would be more to your liking."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak seems suddenly to remember something:"One moment, please. I need to talk with the Derro who mentioned Horth!"


"That's fine... I'll bring a couple men, and suitable restraints." Warden Horne takes a look around. "I'd ask ya to try not to disturb things here... but I've gotten the impression Mayor Doyle intends to hire you. I'd sure appreciate it if you didn't say no." He then heads out the archway to the main sewers - to exit north of the ferry.


"We are too polite to refuse."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Talk for yourself, elf! But... I might be interested... as long as I get to speak with the derro alone... and the the deal is profittable, of course!"


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"You two help get I mean protect my stuff well, maybe if you don't want the warden's offer I can hire you on to watch my stuff and help me aquire new belongings hehe."


Errik:

You realize after it's duration has ended, that the staff is a spell storing staff, which must have contained and been under the effects of the Weaponwand spell.
minor retcon to change it back to what I had meant for him. Not sure what I was thinking when I posted it's properties before. I blame my allergy medicine for thinking the unnecessarily odd staff was necessary.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak moves near the Derro who spoke before about Horth:"So... you spoke the name of a creature I'm acquainted with. Depending on how much you spill on him things might go very well for you... or very badly, so... choose wisely, mad eyes"


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|
Warden Horne wrote:
"That's fine... I'll bring a couple men, and suitable restraints." Warden Horne takes a look around. "I'd ask ya to try not to disturb things here... but I've gotten the impression Mayor Doyle intends to hire you. I'd sure appreciate it if you didn't say no." He then heads out the archway to the main sewers - to exit north of the ferry.

" As I already work for the Doyle family I'm sure we'll be able to come to some arrangement. It seems this new job will be a little more dangerous than teaching. " Errik settles in to wait for the men with restraints and pulls out the items from the Derro upstairs, a ring, a set of bracers and a small staff shaped like a cudgel.

After a few minutes of tinkering he stands and says to Corum
" Corum, I believe if armour is not to your liking these items will do you well, also this staff will be an asset to our new group and will probably be most effective in your hands. It seems to be capable of storing spells for later use. " offering the equipment to the Elf.

A ring of protection, bracers of armour and a staff of spell storing (which we probably all could use apart from Braxton?)
Does that work like a ring of minor spell storing Dm?


Errik Re:spell storing:

This
from PRD wrote:
A spell storing weapon allows a spellcaster to store a single targeted spell of up to 3rd level in the weapon. (The spell must have a casting time of 1 standard action.) Anytime the weapon strikes a creature and the creature takes damage from it, the weapon can immediately cast the spell on that creature as a free action if the wielder desires. (This special ability is an exception to the general rule that casting a spell from an item takes at least as long as casting that spell normally.) Once the spell has been cast from the weapon, a spellcaster can cast any other targeted spell of up to 3rd level into it. The weapon magically imparts to the wielder the name of the spell currently stored within it.

The derro looks to Corum for a translation of Karthak's words, and then speaks.

undercommon:

"Let the other two go, and I will tell you."


Corum translates for Karthak.
"He'll tell you if his buddies go free. Errik, I'd like the bracers; I think they are most suited to me."


Corum looks over the staff, "This would allow me to put spells in it and draw them out when needed."
Spellcraft 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 2 = 34
Corum tries to determine how many and how powerful of spells can be stored in the staff.

"This is a wonderful gift. Let me keep this for now, and with my actions I would hope to earn this in the future."

Corum addresses Karthak, "Although this derro promises information you seek for the release of his two friends, I would put little stock in his words. Probably even less stock then you put in mine."

Corum smiles and gives the humans a sidelong look.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak gives a raucus laugh:"Ah! Let him know my counter-offer: if he tells me about that I won't kill them here!"
So saying the dwarf takes his axe out and brandishes it near the face of the derro.

Intimidate check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


The derro scowls. Although trying to appear unaffected, he appears to be slightly shaken, but his confidence/madness seems to return as he continues to speak. "No need to threaten me... I don't know where you can find him now. But know this. You will see the one you seek, dwarf. And after your life has been bled from your body, you will serve him as one of his burrowing dead. They move now to surround the village and the vault. There will be no escape, and none to come for your rescue. Do not worry, you will have the company of many dead dwarves."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Ah! Your a fu7nny guy! I think I like you!", so saying Kathak shows his appreciation by slapping the derro in the face hard enough to draw blood.
"As for the many dead dwarves, as long as they fight it's no problem really... we usually kill more than we get killed. And that is all that matters to my Lord, Gorum! But know this: I've come here to END Horth, if he's coming to me... he's just making my job easyer! So thanks for the heads up mad eyes!", with these last words the Gorumite inquisitor gives an hearty laugh, apparently delighted by the prospective of battle.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"I don't know if I missed it dwarf, but what is your obession with this necromancer?" He takes a tug of whiskey as he asks, then looks over to the warden, "Does the mayor want to hire all of us or just them?" He points to the group. "Cause I don't think he wants to see me for awhile since the incident with his with and one of me potions, har har."


"let's talk over some spiced wine. I like working for wealthy and powerful sponsors, that makes sure we get paid."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak gives Braxton an inquisitive look:"The details are none of your business. He's a necromancer who likes to exhume dead people and make them eat the brains of living people... Do I need any better reason to want him brought to justice? But back to what matters NOW... strangely enough the elf had a good idea... except for the wine, of course!"


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"Sorry dwarf was just curious if there was some greater intresting point to the hunt like a huge bounty or an honor that leads you to a high court and rich wenches. Ale and wine is great idea come let us go to go local pub." Braxton hastley moves out of the hole, then looks back to Errik "I'll let you read the books I found if you come share a drink with all of us."


Warden Horne returns with a couple armed local men, lanterns, and proper restraints - via Fawni's house this time.
Apparently overhearing Braxton... "If you go to the Belching Badger, be sure to tell em I sent you. It's my brother's place."
The two locals with him, are still standing in the doorway - frozen in shock from the carnage.

The warden slaps one on the shoulder. "Hey. Down the hole. I'm right behind you."
He then turns back to you. "Goodman Doyle'll be at the town hall for a bit, but he'll be staying at Clio and Vern's bed and breakfast. With all that's goin on, he said he didn't feel safe in his estate out in the woods." The two men have made it into the hole, and you can hear them swearing incredulously.

"Well.. I better haul these things in. Thanks again. Hope you all stick around. And I hope Mayor Doyle is able to compensate you properly." He nods a farewell, and starts to make his way down the hole. As he drops out of sight he continues... "Especially if you're taking off with the evidence right now."


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik pushes off the wall he's been leaning on and nods to Braxton " Sounds good, this Horth sounds dangerous. We shouldn't delay our meeting with the Mayor to long though so lets make it a quick drink. "


"You humans rush through life, let's have just one drink, but let's not rush through it."
Corum tries for a spiced wine, or failing that, any wine or brandy.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak shrugs:"It will take the time it will take. I'm thirsty, so lead the way to this Bleaching Badger!"


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"The dwarf gots it right!" He orders a ale and some spiced wine, "Errik the mayor can wait on his high horse, for the days we be having I need a proper drink and maybe order sum food probally better then them iron jerky you been breaking your teeth on."


You leave Fawni's house, and find the market square deserted. Just the semi-permanent stall fixtures remain. As you walk to the Belching Badger, you see a few people peering out their windows... and a couple sitting armed on their stoops.

Doyle's Run


owner of the Belching Badger

Thulfi Horne, the proprietor of the Belching Badger, sits in the pavilion on the southeast corner of his establishment. Drinking alone. As you approach he yells out. "Aww heck. Braxton you gonna make me get up and work?" He sets his mug down and stands. "Sent the girls home. No business today... or so I thought."
He walks over to the short set of steps that intersect and lead to both the pavilion and main building, and nods to the two unknown to him. "My name is Thulfi Horne, and I will be your server tonight... bartender and cook. What can I get for you?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak greets the man with a large smile:"A couple of your BEST ales... for starters! And when I say "best" I mean "BEST"! So don't disappoint me, laddie! By Gorum... I'm thirsty!"


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"Stop complaining when you be making money, maybe I should get a free drink for giving you business during these troubled times, Har Har." He puts his hat down, "I'll that will be a whiskey and an ale for me free drink! And some food would be good too."


Corum speaks to Thulfi, "When you are an innkeeper and see a dwarf, you have business. Haunch of lean meat and spice wine for me."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Between gulping down his first and second ale (while ordering the biggest steak in the proprietor's larder) Karthak makes some conversation with his new acquitances:"So what's the deal with those ugly faced Derros? From what I saw down there they want something from you or from this village. Any idea of what that could be?"


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" I'll just have my usual Thulfi. " Errik says as he takes a seat with the others. " The derro? Seems they are servants of these Voices, the Ugothols. I take it they've been adjusting people's memories all over town. Just now they were trying to clear out any evidence of their masters presence from Fawni's house. I am unsure about the Ugothols purpose in this town but I still think its got something to do with the tome in the woods." he hushs his voice and looks down at the table deep in thought as he says " I hope it has nothing to do with our decision to take up residence here "


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak speaks between bites of steak:"Mmmmh.... this' good... Tome in the woods? Sounds fancy... anything to do with wizards gone bad, perhaps?"


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

As he takes a drink, Braxton digs into his backpack and pulls out the 3 books he liberated from Fawnii's house, "There ye go Errik, see if you get any answers from those." He goes back to his drink then looks at it and back at Thulfi. "Hey bud the last few nights have you noticed anybody hanging around here for an extended time but not order any food? Or order some and not eat it?"

Worth a shot hehe.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Yeah good question

Karthak wrote:
"Tome in the woods? Sounds fancy... anything to do with wizards gone bad, perhaps?"

" It could very well be what has drawn this Horth to our town. "

Errik takes the offered books from Braxton with a simple "Thank you " and picking one at random begins to read taking the occasional sip from his whiskey.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak sips on his ale, a spark of interest shining in his eyes:"How very interesting.... you'll need to show me this place, I'd love to make sure if my dear friend Horth is involved or not..."


Corum takes out a small rod.
"This is perfect at countering those that use magic. If you are going after this mage, I want to be along."

"He may have stuff I can use too."

Corum will try on the bracers of armor if he still has them.


owner of the Belching Badger

Thiulfi returns to clear plates and bring another round.

Braxton wrote:


"Hey bud the last few nights have you noticed anybody hanging around here for an extended time but not order any food? Or order some and not eat it?"

"Eh, not that I can think of... but my memory is terrible. You know, the only thing I can think of is how the last... hmm... not sure how long, but Dylan would order food for his sister Fawni and himself to take home."

Errik:

The first book details the history of a spellcraft Thassilonian "think tank" responsible for several adaptations of minor "common" magic. (they refer to themselves as the PoM, but what that stands for is not included.) The book also goes into a few theories regarding a similar approach to more advanced magic. Much of the prologue and more conversational passages suggest this book was to be passed down to following generations of this group to further those studies. There is also an implication that they were preparing for some event which is referred to, but not included in the text.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak listen to the bartender apparently interessed, the moment he's finished eating he gulps down the last of his ale and looks at the others:"Well? This is interesting and I love to make some exercise before going to sleep. Why don't we drop by these Dylan and Fawni and check on their health? Just as evening stroll... of course" the dwarf finishes with a huge grin that someohow doesn't seem reassuring at all...


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Dylan and Fawni's health is no good at all. That was their place with the tunnels underneath. They were most likely the first people the Ugothols killed but they've ditched those disguises after I happened upon them while they were drinking blood. Since then the Ugothols have killed and assumed the forms of some logging men. They attacked us at the tome sight but we fought them off destroying their forms. The Derro leaders words suggested that they would be back though. " Errik says shutting one book and opening another to browse through.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"So what you are saying is these 2 are dead already and the bartender doesn't recall things correctly? Then I suggest we visit one of the other houses above those other tunnels we saw on the map. If these creatures killed 2 people I guess they might have just done that with the oter occupants of those houses..."


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik looks up from his book a little frustrated at being disturbed mid sentence in his reading. " Oh, sorry it was only last night that I saw them drinking blood... I'm not sure how long it's been since the Ugothols killed them though. Checking out the other buildings with tunnels under them seems like a good next step. Should we start in the craftmens quarter or the town hall?... " he pauses for a second and then looks at Braxton " That corpse that they changed to look like you, you said it had no adams apple? I wonder if it's actually Fawni's body? We should get Brother Sverin to work his spell on that body first tomorrow. It would be nice to find out what she knows about all this."


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"Correct Errik, that sounds like a good plan on both fronts." Braxton mutters while guzzling down his drink. Letting out a heavy belch, "Even though I would love sifting through the crafters homes and shops, I think we probably should start with Town Hall and prevent them from getting locals againist us."


"Town hall sounds like a solid first stop."


You head out of the Belching Badger pavilion, and next door to the town hall. Warden Horne and two of his watchmen have just finished securing the derro in the holding cell.

crude found map:
Looking at the crude map with the circled areas, it looks like the back wall is the center of the circle... including the cell and the alley behind the town hall.


Errik:

You've skimmed through the second book enough to know it is a compilation and culmination of studies regarding working around the volatile nature of extra-dimensional space. Spellcraft DC15: Much of it looks similar to the way spells like Create Pit function... creating space by surrounding an area with a "pocket" of extra-dimensional space rather than an area in extra-dimensional space.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak gives the warden a confident smile, but his hands don't rest far from his weapons as if he suspects threachery:"Warden... well met again. We were wondering if you were aware one of those tunnels might rest right under our feet... At least that is what this map claims... care to check?"

"Now... if those creatures infiltrated an house, killed its occupants and went on impersonating them... why not doing the same with the warden or one of his guards? Well, I suppose we'll see soon enough"


"What? How.." Warden Horne glances at the derro, (the mouthy derro seems to perked up) he then walks toward you ... out of the derro's range of hearing.
"What are you telling me? What map?"


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Pulling out his cold iron shovel, "I'm up for a little tunnel finding hehe."


"Warden, it is snack time. Same with your guards. We would like to see you consume some solid food."

Corum looks to the others for support.

301 to 350 of 1,770 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lost Memories of Sorrow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.