Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lost Memories of Sorrow

Game Master BinkyBo


251 to 300 of 1,774 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

The derro holding the armload of gear drops it instantly. The other two hesitate but comply. One throws his crossbow down angrily, crosses his arms, and speaks...

undercommon:

"Oh i have seen the true depths Elf. The things that dwell there would make your two-legged boulder lay a brick."

He stifles a mad giggle then gets to his knees, as the others.... but then spits on the ground in the dwarf's general direction.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak looks at the surrendering derros, plainly disappointed:"Bah! Spineless weaklings, the whole lot of you! At least this duregar knew how to take some punishment and die like a warrior!"

That said the dwarf starts checking the duregar's equipment without deining the surrendering derros of any more attention. While he's intent in this new task he adds absentmindedly:"Frisk and disarm them... they are clearly undeserving of any weapons they may carry, besides they may get some ideas..."


"Is anyone up there? We have things in hand downstairs."


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton sticks his head in the hole, "Hold there boyo's who be you two and are these your friends.......AND MORE INMPORTANT IS ME LOOT DOWN THERE?" As he talks to these newcomers he has his hand ready on a bomb, just incase.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik runs his wand over Braxton's wounds as well before putting it back in his belt pouch. Then he checks over the dead Derro casters gear looking for anything useful and any clues as to whats going on

Cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 For Braxton
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak barely raises an eyebrow at Braxton's inquiry, he answers while still checking the duregar's equipment:"Yeah... the dead Duregar and the surrendering derros. A better question would be who are you?!? As for loot... if you mean the crates down here, they were trying to take them, for the rest I think we stopped them and we deserve first pick..."


The agitated wolverine eyes Errik and Braxton and follows them closely.

A small earth elemental stands guard at the exit.

"I know we fight the same enemies. Maybe we can be friends. I am Corum, master of the magic of twilight and shadow. This is Karthak, a dwarf that can take a duergar down in seconds. I may not have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes."


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Errik and Braxton are our names, two Tintalians far from home but then you may already know that. You see Corum we didn't witness Karthak take down a Duergar in seconds and even if we did I wouldn't know what to make of it... It's easy to be unsure of things when there are shapeshifters about and we've resently encountered Ugothols " Errik calls down the hole still going through the Derros gear.


The caster has a robe, ring, small staff (shaped and size of a medium cudgel/club), a scroll-tube with one scroll, bracers, a tuning fork the size of a shortsword. and an old book that appears to be a study/essay on the workings of language comprehension spells.

Errik:

No rations, no coin... no mundane traveling gear. No spell components visible either.

The duergar carries the odd chainspear, a signet ring with a complex rune of some sort on the face, a hammer, black niobium studded leather armor. The rest of his gear appears nearly worthless if not broken.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

The large Braxton starts to breath heavily as his rage has been subsided, "I'll honor your first pick down there dwarf it only seems right to reward you and your elven friend for keeping my stuff from being taken to gods know where."

DM Bloodgargler:
Can Large sized Braxton fit down the hole?


braxton:

Yes, not comfortably, but yes.


"I am only interested in magic stuff and I don't know if I see any of that down here. Let's salvage the valuables, but I can barely carry the gear on me. I was hoping some burly fellows can grab up this stuff and tie up these derros before my 'enforcers' return to their plane of origin."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Again, Karthak just rises an eyebrow, but his spine seems to stiffen somehow:"He's not my friend. Just an acquittance I made, just like that other derro, Ghiras... Anyway: here I can see a chainspear, an hammer, a studded leather armor made of niobium and this signet ring. Does anyone here recognize the blazon? And let's see if anything here is magical..."

Karthak casts detect magic


The chain spear and armor glow... Moderate and faint respectively.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Oh, look... shiny stuff... nothing to my liking probably though..., light armor is weak by definition and this chain spear, while certainly exotic, looks pretty unreliable"

Spellcraft check (to Determine Properties of Magic Items):

Armor:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

and

Chainspear:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


ID check:

+1 jarring studded leather
Chain spear is at least +1, and has a transmutation dwoemer.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak shrugs:"Bah! As I said, nothing of my taste here! The armor is weak while the chainspear is odd. If any of you wants these let me know... othervise I'll just sell this crap lather" so saying he hands the magical objects to the others.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 lol just made it!? Am I right that a knotted rope with a wall to brace against is a Dc 0

" Do you have any rope for tying up the prisoners Braxton? " Errik asks as he carefully swings his legs into the hole and shakily climbs down.

When he gets to the bottom he nervously moves around the wolverine and fire elemental and sets his eyes on his new allies. " It's a weird request but I'd feel much better if I could see you both eat something? " he pulls out the scroll taken from the Derro upstairs and makes a quick inspection to identify what spell it contains.

Casts read magic and spellcraft check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

I'd happily tie up the Derros but Errik has no rope.


Corum and Karthak Dungeoneering DC19:

Ugothols, aberrant shapeshifters also known as Faceless Stalkers cannot digest solids. put a +5 on DC for a "secondary characteristic"

Errik spellcraft:


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

A look of disgust flashes across Erriks face as he peruses the scroll and he rerolls it quickly. " Blood transcription, I wouldn't go to such lengths to learn new magicks but perhaps if you are interested in magical study Corum? " he says offering the scroll to the Elf.

Check the link in Dms spoiler for Errik for spell description.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Knowledge Dungeoneering:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Karthak only grunts at the mention of Ugothols, seems like the name doesn't remind him of any particular critter.


Dungeoneering 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

The lithe and somewhat pale elf pontificates: "Karthak, Urgothols, or shapeshifters can't digest solids. Thank you for the scroll Errik. Let us have a snack break after these derros are restrained and all eat some iron rations. Food doesn't get any more solid than that."

"I guess the spear and armor are only useful to Karthak and I for the gold coin it can bring."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak looks at Corum, mildly irritated by his display of knowledge:"Elf... Stop your banter and fetch Ghiras, please. I dare say my obligation was paid for, as I killed their leader. These things won't hurt it no more, so we are even... And you can have the armor if you want, I'll keep the chainspear. And, as I said before... does anyone here, for any reason, recognize this signet ring?"


Corum looks down his nose at Karthak, "Aren't we the charmer. I do not fetch people for you."

Corum turns to the Tintalians, "As you can see, Karthak is not a tactful one. Are we ready to eat some delicious iron rations to prove we are not shapeshifters, or does someone have something to hide?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak gives a raucus chuckle:"Indeed... you'll fetch them for us pretty big difference, no? And as for the iron meal... I don't have any pure iron with me, but I've got quite a lot of steel... so if you or anyone else want some I can provide it..."

Sorry if this seems rude, it's just how Karthak is... a charisma 5 dwarven inquisitor of Gorum... besides the elf vs dwarf scene is just a classic. Know there's no malicious intent on my part but just roleplay


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton squeezes through the hole in the ground, Climb:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

He looks over the armor and spear the other two were talking about giving them an intresting glance then moves over to the crates the dwarf was talking about fluttering through them and ignoring the other two.

Appraise:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Ghiras? Is there a third member to your party? " Errik asks as he takes out the tuning fork and inspects it, already knowing that the Derro used it to unleash a sound burst spell he wonders if it's some kind of wand.

Spellcraft with detect magic: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Holding the fork this way and that Errik tucks it into his belt shaking his head ever so slightly before saying " A simple piece of jerky or some dried fruit will satisfy "


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Bah... Ghira is just a derro who somehow... don't ask me how, I can't believe it happened yet... saved the elf's there and more importantly my hide from a drow ambush. In exchange he asked us to deal with something or someone he called the voices. I believe we dealt with these derros and we are free to go our merry way now... By the way, do you know of a man called Sirius Horth? A necromancer by trade... I need to have a word with him about something he did up in Lastwall..."


"This mystery meat jerky is definitely solid; want some Karthak?"

Corum seems resigned to eating his jerky.

" I doubt there is sufficient information about the origin of this to properly use you bane ability on this." Corum waves a twisted stick of jerky in Karthak's direction.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"I don't need anything, thanks. And elf... you are making even less sense than usual... Back on topic, did you meet a man called Sirius Horth or not? "


The derro captive with an attitude repeats the name.. "Sirius Horth?" then continues in his own tongue...

undercommon:

"I know this Sirius Horth. Let other two go, and I will tell you things."

I'll take perception checks next post plz

Errik:

The tuning fork does not radiate magic, musical instrument component maybe?
the bracers, ring, and staff do radiate magic... the staff a moderate, other two faint.

Braxton:

There are 4 history books that look like they might be worth around 100g a piece.
3 very well made blank spellbooks (two 50page, one 100page) that look to be worth at least double standard prices.
40 scroll tubes
2 simple wands
an ironwood and onyx medallion similar to the black sun amulet, but the radial lines are different.. worth at least 300g


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton motions Errik to come over and shows him the medallion(read my spoiler above),

Argot:
"It's similiar to the other ones ,but has a difference to it. Do you have any idea why?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Unfortunately Karthak doesn't understand undercommon

Karthak's spine stiffens as his prey is mentioned and he moves near the derro who spoke his name:"Horth! That's correct! What do you know of him? And try to speak in a civilized tongue!"


Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

"This one claims to know Horth and wants the freedom of his two companions to tell you about him."

After a pause Corum adds, "I am opposed to the necromatic arts, you will need someone to help counter this Horth's magic. Plus you may need someone who realizes that constantly insulting those you talk to tends to decrease the amount of cooperation they willingly give you. Now eat something solid so we know you are who you claim to be. For all we know you could be a shapeshifter trying to reunite with your necromancer friend."

"The truth is, I am somewhat bored and this Horth sounds interesting. Now eat some jerky already."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak's face darkens at every word coming out of Corum's mouth:"Good to know. My line of work is hunting magicians, and Horth is quite a nasty piece of work, so if you are willing to contribute whatever help you can manage you are welcome. As for the insults, I don't even know what you are talking about, I'm merely stating how things are... and give me that thing if you are really convinced I'm some sort of gostly monster!" so saying the dwarf yanks a piece of jerky from Errik's hands and bites on it, viciously.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|
Karthak Ironbreaker wrote:
"Bah... Ghira is just a derro who somehow... don't ask me how, I can't believe it happened yet... saved the elf's there and more importantly my hide from a drow ambush. In exchange he asked us to deal with something or someone he called the voices. I believe we dealt with these derros and we are free to go our merry way now... By the way, do you know of a man called Sirius Horth? A necromancer by trade... I need to have a word with him about something he did up in Lastwall..."

" A Drow ambush? Sounds like you have been through a lot recently! 'The Voices' seem to be behind the recent killings around here. They're the Ugothols and somehow Braxton and I are connected to their plans. I can't recall the name Sirius Horth off the top of my head but if you help us solve the mysteries around 'The Voices' I promise to help you track him down. I'll think on his name and see if I can remember anything about him. " 

After Karthak and Corum each take some jerky Errik takes a piece himself " Thank you " he says as he moves to Braxtons side and leaves the Dwarf and the Elf to talk to the Derro.

Argot:
" That's interesting let's have a look then? "
He says taking the Amulet and tracing the lines with a finger.

Knowledge rolls:
 Kn Local: taking 10 + 12 = 22 Does Errik know anything about Sirius Horth?  
 
Inspecting the Amulet 
Kn Arcana: taking 10 + 9 = 19 
Kn Local: taking 10 + 12 = 22 
Kn History: taking 10 + 13 = 23
 
 


"Well, I will throw my lot in with you humans. Maybe we can help Karthak out after the Voices are silenced. I am hoping we can find more items of a magical nature. I will need help with my gear, I am not blessed with any physical strength."

The humans are probably twice as grateful as dwarves. Going along with two humans probably will have four times the satisfaction as helping one dwarf.


In the southwest corner of the underground room, the wall is crumbling away. Behind that is a tunnel and a narrow roughly carved room. Inside you find two sets of manacles, and two shallow body shaped ruts in the ground next to them. You also find a leather bound journal which contains a rough map of the Doyle's Run, and most of the names of the villagers written inside the boxes representing buildings. You see three small circles on the map - one is right where you are... Fawni's House. One is in the Craftsman Quarter, and the third is in the alley north of the town hall.

You hear faint footsteps from the direction of the sewer doorway... and then a hushed voice from an invisible source... "You have silenced the thought stealer... good. I will find you tonight. You have drawn a crowd..."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Ghira? Is that you? Asks the gorumite inquisitor, trying to pinpoint the voice's source.
I dealt with your duregar friend here... so I think we are even! Do you understand? EVEN!"
After realizing he must seem like someone talking (and yelling) with himself Karthak tries to change the subject:"By the way... these bastards seem pretty well organized and they certainly had some plans for your town, here... I bet these circles here represent access points to the town. The tunnels they use when they want to slip in or out and carry on whatever nefarious scheme they follow. Nasty piece of work you have in your hands, people!", finishes the dwarf with something akin interest in his tone


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Stuffing the other items into his Haversack, and letting Errik take the medellion. He turns back gripping a bomb, "So voice guy bad or good?".

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


You hear the voice again, which seems to be moving further away... "Yes dwarf, our bargain is complete, your debt has been paid."

Now you hear footsteps above, and a male voice Errik and Braxton know as Warden Horne. "By the gods, what has happened here?" His voice sounds like he is near the hole upstairs.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Oh the Warden! We're down here Warden Horne. " he calls out. " It seems we have a lot to do, like checking out these marked areas on the map, but perhaps we could spend a moment finding out as much as we can from the Derro we've captured? Personally I would like to read a bit from those books you found Braxton " Errik looks hungrily at Braxtons pack and the knowledge held within.

Dm:
Does Errik know anything about the amulet Braxton found? Or the man that Karthak is after?

And identifying the other magic items
Bracers: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Ring: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Staff: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak nods, satisfied:"Good. Now that this matter is out of the way I just need to find Horth and bring him to justice. And the warden might just be the man to provide some answers..."


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

don't forget that one of the Derro seems to know something about your man...


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 07/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Yeah, I'll get to him, later. I don't think he's going anywhere... :D


Errik:

You aren't familiar with Sirius Horth, however you have heard the family name Horth with some connection to Tar-Baphon, and the fall of Arazni. Considering Karthak's mention of the Lastwall (which you have read is where the immortal Lich Tar-Baphon is imprisoned) there is a good chance there is some relation.

The amulet (like the tuning fork) although mundane are well-crafted in a way similar to items designed to be enchanted. Apart from that, and the similarity to the black sun amulet, there is nothing from your breadth of knowledge that you can allude to.
spellcraft checks

the bracers are +1 Bitter Bracers of Armor
the ring is a fairly common enchantment of protection +1
the staff is a +1 and function much like a weaponwand spell.
...it can store a wand indefinitely, and be activated once a day for 5 minutes to function as the wand it is holding. You are able to "eject" the wand contained within. DC14 to ID the wand.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"Errik, we'll save that for later we should be moving so you can look at the books later." He looks towards the whole where the Warden is coming from and quickly looks for anymore crates.


You hear the warden again... "Where does this hole lead? Are you in the sewer?" You see his legs appear as he climbs down. After he makes his way down, he turns and peers around ... his eyes not yet adjusted to the low light. "There are others down here... You two have things under control here? Bah, anyone have a torch?"
He looks down at the corpses at his feet..."Ah! What the... wait.. I've seen these before... but where? In my dreams?" he bends down to inspect the derro bodies.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik casts light on the end of the new staff he is examining and turns to the Warden. " This is Karthak and Corum, " He says by way of introduction. " we've seen them eat so no need to worry."

" These Derro you see have been running around the town 'editing' our memories and assisting the Ugothols. They were clearing out Fawni's house when we arrived. "

Dm:
Spellcraft to identify Wand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Errik:

wand of admonishing ray 18 charges CL 4

251 to 300 of 1,774 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lost Memories of Sorrow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.