Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Lost Memories of Sorrow (Inactive)

Game Master BinkyBo

Will reactivate if and when needed.


201 to 250 of 1,775 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton preps one of his bombs and looks down at the creatures, "Freeze you little buggers, I claimed proper rights of salvage over this place! AND YA'LL NEED TO START EXPLAINING WHAT YOU ARE AND WHAT YOUR DOING WITH MY STUFF!!" Braxton spits out the last of the words like venom.

Intimidate:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Sorry about the delay folks I didn't realize it had been that long.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Erriks dagger arm faulters as he takes in what the little creature is speaking. They know who we are... Secrets? His mouth is open, his brain forming a question when Braxtons venomous reply shoots over his shoulder kicking his body into gear and spreading a smile on his lips. " Be careful not to kill them all friend, they may be useful for information. " he says calmly to Braxton in argot.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


The creatures who were slowly preparing their weapons are visibly shaken by Braxton's command. The robed figure seems unaffected. "It's already gone. Don't worry... you won't miss it. You will forget aaall about it." He taps his staff on the ground, and one end starts to glow.

init 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Init:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


The blue-skinned robed figure points the glowing end of his staff toward Errik "Vashoo!" A diaphanous purple ball of light flies from the end of his staff, and smacks into Errik like an ogre punch. Only then do the others snap out of it and prepare for battle - though still shaken.

ranged touch attack vs Errik 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 6) = 17 non lethal damage


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Erriks body rolls with the big hit " Ooffh " and he goes with it stepping back into the corner next to the door. His dagger arm straightens as his back hits the wall sending the blade at the nearest creature. As the dagger spins through the air Errik studies the creatures features.

Crunch:
5ft step to A4, Dagger throw Atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Knowlegde rolls to identify the creatures: Kn Dungeoneering: 10 + 11 = 21
Kn Arcana 10 + 9 = 19
Kn Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Errik Know rolls:

These are Derro... small humanoids that live underground, sensitive to light.. some innate sorcerer-like abilities, and notoriously insane. Leaders are often full sorcerers - which this one may be, but that blast was cast from the staff like a wand- not a spell.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton moves towards the doorway and throws his bomb at the the middle of the grouping, "Boom Time!" Drawing out his crowbar.

Bomb throw(range touch):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage:2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9
Splash Damage:5 to the rest Reflex DC-14 for half
Move 5ft to B4 and throwing bomb in spot B6


--round one wrap-up--
Errik's dagger hits the creature perched on the bookcase as he prepares a weapon that looks like a club with a hook on one end and a cord on the other. The one standing next to him is armed wih the same weapon.

The small blue creature sitting on the edge of the hole hurriedly swabs the tip of his bolt and looks up to see Braxton's bomb land right next to him. There is a whoosh of flame, and the still shaken invaders reflexively shield their eyes from the light before making their attacks. The near-instant odor of singed flesh tells you they did not escape harm.

bomb saves:

(Braxton - I'm assuming by "spot" you mean targeting ground touch AC5 thing)
(A,6)Aklys wielder 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 fail
(A,7)Aklys wielder 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 save
(B,6)Repeating Crossbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 fail
(C,5)Short sword 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 fail


Round 2
The robed figure growls something in an unknown guttural language to the others, then begins to gesture.
The one to Braxton's right steps forward and thrusts with his short sword.
The two with odd corded weapons hurl the hooked ends toward Errik, while the one sitting on the edge of the hole fires off a bolt toward Braxton.
One of the hooks catches on Errik's leg, bringing him to the ground... just as the robed figure finishes gesturing, and he is surrounded by a faint shimmering aura.
"Submit humans. Do not fear... I will not kill you today. You will wake with no memory of this. Once Migthwet finishes with the Voices' new hosts, they will come for you."

(C,5)shortsword flat of blade strike1d20 + 5 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 4 - 2 = 4
(A,6)Aklys trip attempt 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 2 = 19
(A,7)Aklys trip attempt 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 2 = 5
(B,6)XBow shot 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Spellcraft? 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Errik hits the floor hard, " Damn!" he croaks " No... more... memory loss! " He pulls his bow out as he stands and shoots at the spell caster.

Crunch:
Move: stand and draw bow.
Standard: Atk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 (+1PBS) Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (+1PBS)


Karthak and Corum:

A few moments after starting to peek through the opening, you see a the warm flash of a flame coming from the ceiling on the far wall. The flash backlights the three Derro and what appears to be a Duergar near the blast. Two of the Derro are carrying crates. They all seem understandably distracted, and don't appear to immediately notice you. The Duergar is in fine looking dark leather, and carries a weapon that looks like a cross between an aklys and a chain spear.

I'll place your icon next round. You can be anywhere around column 16 or opening in wall (column 15)

map


Errik spellcraft:

He cast Mage Armor

Errik confirm crit plz


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

I thought the shimmering was around Errik... You had me scared lol. As for the Crit I didn't even see that... Nice.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton brings down his crowbar on the creature with the shortsword,

Crowbar strike:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage:1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


--round 2 wrap up--
Several cracking sounds come from the short sword wielding foe's skull and neck, and his spine is impacted from a blow to the head from Braxton.

Errik's arrow skips off the caster's staff before sinking into his chest.

Round 3

"Gah! No one has dared strike me for decades!" He grabs the arrow and yanks it from his chest...
He snarls in an unnatural reverberating voice "Eruldey Kraw Ma Sha" the arc of blood hangs in the air and forms a floating hand - the same diaphanous purple as his other spells.

spellcraftDC17:

Spectral Hand

going to bed. please wait on round 3 actions ... need to coordinate with underground (rest of Derro need to go yet too)


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Please place Karthak in C15

Karthak's surprise at the creatures lasts but a split second, with praticed ease the Gorumite imediately prepares for battle:"Duregar! This could prove interesting after all!"

Initiative check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Good! First roll.. a natural 1!


Corum is startled to see the dark dwarves. He casts a spell instinctively and quickly. C16 _ start init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Spell=invisibility sphere - Karthak and I disappear. Latham needs to stay within ten feet or he becomes visible.


--round 3 cont'd--
Braxton's foe with the short sword wipes the trickle of blood running into his eyes with his offhand, and slashes desperately into the air.
The one next to the hole steps back, fires another crossbow bolt at Braxton which hits the door frame next to him at head level.
The aklys wielder perched on the book case hops down and reels in his weapon. The one behind him who has recovered his, throws it at Errik - forcefully this time, rather than to snare. The hurled weapon hits the edge of the bookcase... deflecting it wide.

attack rolls:

(C,5)ssword vs Braxton 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 2 = 11
(B,6)to(B,7)Xbow vs Braxton 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 = 17
(C,7)aklys vs Errik 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7

last round of demoralize... EDIT:1d4 ⇒ 1 damage to caster from his spell... so that should be -8(and should be red, not yellow nonlethal)

above ground map

Round 3 order
Derro caster - posted
Derro - posted
Errik
Braxton
Corum(lower level)
Karthak(lower level)
Duergar(lower level)


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Just a clarification: should we wait for round 3 order to unfold or could we post according to the different locations we are in? I mean can we post according to 2 different round orders (Errik/Braxton for upper level and Korum/karthak/duregars for lower level)?

Edit: I noticed I can post a standard action

Karthak concentrates invocating the power of Gorum, calling his patron to demonstrate how weak his enemies weapon arm really is.

Karthak casts Bane

Bane:
Bane fills your enemies with fear and doubt. Each affected creature takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls and a -1 penalty on saving throws against fear effects. Bane counters and dispels bless.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Dm:
Just a small thing. I wanted to be in A4 taking cover behind the wall?
Deciding to leave the Spell caster alone for a moment Errik shoots quickly at one of the derro (A6) his hands blur as he reaches for his quiver and fires another arrow directly after the first.

Crunch:
Firing two arrows at the derro in A6 with Rapid shot and Archeologists luck.
Full round action:
Atk1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22, Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12, Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

EDIT oh almost forgot. Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton swings his crowbar wide at the creature thrown off that it's still alive.

Crowbar strike:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Would be damage:1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Errik:

Ah I see this now, sorry. The bookcase sticks out farther than it shows on map. You can use that for partial cover from anyone in or to the right of A,6 B,7 C,8 diagonal. ... and I'll try to pay closer attention.

bane saves:

save vs bane DC14?
(bB,7)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
(bC,7)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
(bD,8)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
(bF,8)1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5
(B,9)1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

above ground map

under map


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

DM Bloodgargler:
Yeah, DC 14 I don't have any feats to increase the caster level, yet


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

I'll post my action in advance as I'm going away for a while and I don't want to slow the game down

With an invocation to Gorum on his lips Karthak charges the duregar warrior, blade raised high:

Karthak invocates the Judgement of justice (swift action) and charges the duregar ending his movement in F9, just before striking he also channels the power of a destructive smite (just needs to be declared before attacking)

Round 1
AC 20 (charge, normally 22), touch 14, flat-footed 20
hp 48/48
Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +8
Effects: Destructive smite (+2 morale bonus to damage rolls next attack)/ Judgement of justice (+2 sacred bonus to attack rolls untill combat ends)/ charge (+2 bonus to attack rolls and -2 penalty to AC until next round)
Attack roll:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage roll (if hits):2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15


Corum stands still and casts, a portal to another dimension begins to open. Let's get some allies
Monster Summoning 3, Wolverine (full round spell). I'll post a template next round when it appear.


end of Round 3 above ground
One of Errik's Arrows hits the near Derro as it finishes reeling in it's weapon. Braxton's crowbar misses the injured one - flailing with it's short sword.
A look of concern flashes over the face of the caster... as if distracted by something troubling to him.

----below ground----
The three Derro and the Duergar look around and see Karthak just as he charges the dark dwarf. Karthak's greatsword hacks into the Duergar's back as he turns reflexively to protect himself.
The Duergar takes a step back, and draws his weapon... a spear with a hook, and a weighted chain on the other. On his second step back, now up against the wall, he makes an upward slash with the chained butt of his spear. After slashing he yells out in the direction of the hole in the ceiling. hole is at (bB,6)

undercommon:

"We have intruders!"

The Derro around him take a second to put together what is going on, but appear to be snapping out of it.

5'step back to (bF,7) attack with chain spear vs Karthak 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 1 = 22 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 damage


Round 4 - above ground
The robed figure quickly surveys the situation, and then gestures dramatically. The floating ghostly hand next to him floats off toward Braxton, picking up speed as it nears him. It touches him releasing a wave of unbelievably frigid cold through Braxton's bones. The caster then calls out to the others near him.

undercommon:

"You two help Grusk, secure our return."

Two of the small pale blue foes head to the hole in the floor, and start to climb down. The one near Braxton is still in a panic. He swipes once with his sword, and steps back... wiping more of the blood from his face with his offhand.
The one armed with an Aklys, swings at Errik.
touch attack vs Braxton 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22confirm ... 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (6) = 12 damage to Braxton

Braxton Save Fort DC14:

fail=1 point of strength damage

sword slash vs Braxton 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 miss ... 5' step from (C,5) to (C,6)
Aklys vs Errik 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 miss

above ground map

-------------------------------

Below ground (added in Edit)

Two of the Derro draw short swords, and move into position around the attacking dwarf. The third pulls out a small crossbow, and starts loading it. A fourth Derro drops down from the hole in the ceiling.

One of the Derro stabs at Karthak's right arm, the other tries to use this as an opportunity to slip past his defenses. provokes AoO moving through (bE,10)
short sword vs Karthak 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 21 miss

below ground map (before Karthak's second attack)


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Ouch! Did you consider the -1 to hit btw? Not that it matters... just to know

Karthak wipes away the blood on his brow and grins at the Duregar:"Is that all you have got? Go meet your maker.... he wasn't very good at all!"

Karthak presses on moving to bF8 all the while channelling the fury of Gorum into his sword (Bane activated against Duregar as a swift action) just before he hits he activates a destructive smite again

Below ground round 2
AC 22, touch 14, flat-footed 20
hp 38/48
Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +8
Effects:Bane(humanoid-dwarf) +2 attack bonus and the weapon causes 2d6 extra damage to the opponent matching the selected subtype/Judgement of justice (+2 sacred bonus to attack rolls until combat ends)
Attack roll:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage Roll:4d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 3) + 7 = 24


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Fort:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Of course!

Braxton tries to shake off the effects of the ghostly hand but the coldness lingers in his muscles, "You wanna play? Then we'll play!" Braxton throws a flask at the middle of the cluster of the smaller creatures as the explosion errupts its spreads around Errik but seems to miss him (Precise Bombs). As the explosion goes off the drunken Merchant snarls with anger as swiftly drinks from another flask, causing him to double in size.

Throw Bomb(standard Action):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 at E6 and choosing Erriks square is not effected using Precise Bombs.
Damage:2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 = 11 DC-14
Goes into Rage(Free Action)
While raging takes a drink of his Enlarge Person Infusion(Move Action). Which might help freak out this little ones more then they already are.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik steps left to avoid the aklys squashing himself against the wall while quickly releasing another two arrows at the Derro in front of him.

Crunch:
Rapid shot with another round of Arch luck.
Atk1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17, Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Atk2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26, Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Round 4 cont'd above ground

Braxton's bomb lands on top of the head of the second derro descending the hole. The room erupts in flame again as Braxton chugs his flask and grows in size. The unfortunate struck derro falls screaming to the ground below covered in fire.
The derro near Errik shields his eyes from the flame, and catches two arrows in the belly before dropping to the floor.
The one still bleeding from it's head turns away from the blast, and avoids the worst of it... and then turns back around to see the much larger alchemist in front of him.

bomb saves:

(A,6) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 fail 5 splash damage
(C,6) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 save 2 splash damage

Round 4 order
Derro caster - done
Derro - done
Errik/Braxton - done
Corum -
Karthak - posted
Duergar -


Round 4 Corum
Condition=invisible (+40 to stealth)

wolverine:

Wolverine CR 2
XP 600

N Medium animal

Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +10

Defense

AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)

hp 22 (3d8+9)

Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +2

Offense

Speed 30 ft., burrow 10 ft., climb 10 ft.

Melee 2 claws +4 (1d6+2), bite +4 (1d4+2)

Special Attacks rage

Statistics

Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10

Base Atk +2; CMB +4; CMD 16 (20 vs. trip)

Feats Skill Focus (Perception), Toughness

Skills Climb +10, Perception +10

Ecology

Environment cold forests

Organization solitary

Treasure none

Special Abilities

Rage (Ex) A wolverine that takes damage in combat flies into a rage on its next turn, clawing and biting madly until either it or its opponent is dead. It gains +4 to Strength, +4 to Constitution, and –2 to AC. The creature cannot end its rage voluntarily.

Wolverines are territorial, especially when it comes to food, and have been known to defend their kills against much larger predators, such as black bears. They are fearsome opponents, launching into a frenzy when wounded. They tend to give off a very strong, unpleasant musk smell when angry.

Armed with powerful jaws, strong legs, and a thick hide, wolverines are remarkably strong for their size. They are reckless in battle and throw themselves at their foes, clawing and biting furiously.


small earth elemental:

Small Earth Elemental CR 1
XP 400

N Small outsider (earth, elemental, extraplanar)

Init –1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4

Defense

AC 17, touch 10, flat-footed 17 (–1 Dex, +7 natural, +1 size)

hp 13 (2d10+2)

Fort +4, Ref –1, Will +3

Immune elemental traits

Offense

Speed 20 ft., burrow 20 ft., earth glide

Melee slam +6 (1d6+4)

Special Attacks earth mastery

Statistics

Str 16, Dex 8, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11

Base Atk +2; CMB +4; CMD 13

Feats Improved Bull RushB, Power Attack

Skills Appraise +1, Climb +7, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +1, Knowledge (planes) +1, Perception +4, Stealth +7


A nasty wolverine appears and goes after one of the dwarf's opponents. Savagely clawing and biting him. Corum gestures again and another dimensional portal appears, unfortunately no one gets to see his intricate casting as he is invisible.
Wolverine appears bE12 and shifts to bF11 for full attack with flanking on bF12. Monster summoning 2 small earth elemental up next. Two templates above.

Wolverine attack and damage 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 141d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 261d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Wolvering crit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


End of Round 4 below ground
There is another whoosh, and flash of flame... another derro drops from above... burning and screaming.
The wolverine tears into the derro, turning the backs of his legs into shreds. The derro turns to face it's attacker, and gets another slash... nicking an artery in it's inner thigh.
Still illuminated from the orange glow of the explosion, Karthak's blow glances off of the dark dwarf's right arm - flaying flesh - and smacks into the side of his head. He thuds against the wall behind him...
The duergar growls at Karthak; blood dripping from his half-missing ear. He knocks off his now ruined goggles, and pushes off the wall, swinging his weapon around furiously.

Spoiler:

bloody assault vs Karthak
1d20 + 11 - 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 5 - 1 = 21
1d20 + 6 - 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 5 - 1 = 18 0 damage ... plus 0
0 damage from hit
0 bleed damage this round. (0/rd following rounds until healed)

edit:forgot bane ... fixed


Round 5
above ground
The robed figure pulls a strange object from his waist... the size of a shortsword, but instead of a blade it has two long shiny metal rectangles protruding from the hilt parallel to each other. He smacks it against the floor and points it toward Braxton and Errik. He lets out a forced maniacal cackle which melds with the warbling pulse of the metal object. A powerful force strikes the entire west half of the room that is like a hammer to the ears and brain. The floor around the hole starts to crumble from the force.
Not waiting to see the effectiveness, the caster rushes to the still fiery hole in the floor to try to escape.
Seeing this, the derro grievously injured by Braxton starts to follow him - half in a daze. Now blood is coming from his ears, as well.. he is just barely clinging to life.

1d8 ⇒ 3 sonic damage to Braxton and Errik. Plus save Fort Save DC16

fail save:

stunned 1 round

spellcraftDC17:

sound burst

AoO for Braxton vs caster for movement unless stunned


Round 5 below ground
The derro near the hole has finished loading his crossbow, and changes his target from Karthak to wolverine. The bolt sticks in the ground near the feet of those in melee.
The first derro you saw drop down from above, moves to the crates along the wall and frantically digs through them.
The one behind Karthak steps forward and stabs futilely.
Now facing the wolverine, the shredded derro stabs at the beast.

1d20 + 5 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 1 - 4 = 7 (- for bane and target in melee)
(bF,10)to(bF,9) flanking shortsword1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 1d4 ⇒ 1 damage to wolverine


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Damn...

Errik starts to step forward drawing an arrow from the quiver at his hip when the robed figure strikes the floor. The force reverberates through his body, the arrow slipping from his thin ink stained fingers back into the quiver, his step faltering on the shaking ground as his ears ring.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Fort save:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
AoO:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Damage:1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Will post round 5 action in a little bit but this for now.


Wolverine target is bF10 - not bF12 - sorry about that
Round 6 Corum: Status=invisible moved stealth +20
A small earth elemental appears in the same spot as the wolverine and charges the wolverine ravaged derro. The wolverine shifts so he can hit two targets and goes into a battle rage after injury. The elemental strikes first.
The wolverine shifts to bE10, the elemental charges to bF11. The wolverine will put his attacks on the injured derro until he is down, the rest go on the target in bE9
Elemental 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 291d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Wolverine 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Corum moves into the room and casts another spell and multiple images of himself dance around him, but these images only he can see for now. He admires the brutal attacks of his wolverine and elemental.
Mirror image- move to bE12 1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

I'm a bit confused about the situation below. Could you update the map? I'm not sure about where everyone stands. Thanks, and sorry


below ground map (round 5 after Corum before Karthak)

above ground map (after Braxton's AoO, but before his Round 5 action)


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Unless the duregar has some form of regen or dmg reduction he should be at -39 I think

Karthak swings his sword again at the duregar determined to cut him down and pretty amazed he still stands after the blows he delivered

Round 5 (below)
AC 22, touch 14, flat-footed 20
hp 38/48
Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +8
Effects:Bane(humanoid-dwarf) +2 attack bonus and the weapon causes 2d6 extra damage to the opponent matching the selected subtype/Judgement of justice (+2 sacred bonus to attack rolls until combat ends)
Attack roll:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage roll (if it hits):4d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 5) + 5 = 25


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

The giant Merchant hefts his massive crowbar in two hands and brings it down on the duegers head. His rage amplifies the destruction the common tool. As he slams down the crowbar he shouts,"IT'S TIME TO MAKE YOUR HEAD RING!!!!"

Power attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage:1d8 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Rage Rounds left: 7/9


The derro caster crumples with his skull shattered, as the last licks of flame die down... leaving a slightly charred, very sooty room. You hear a banging on the front door, and then ... "What is going on in there?! Are you alright?" It sounds like Warden Horne calling from the front door.

Underground, the duergar's ribs crack from Karthak's blow, and he slides down the wall with his eyes rolling back in his head.
The derro with the crossbow, and the one rummaging through the crates (now cradling an armload of gear) glance at each other... and both move toward the doorway to the main sewer.
The one with a crossbow takes one last shot at Karthak. plus move to (bB,13)
The one carrying gear scrambles straight for the doorway.
The last derro in melee hacks at the wolverine.
derro from (bD,7) provokes an AoO from wolverine for movement through threatened square

crossbow shot 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
short sword vs wolverine 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
crit confirm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 damage to wolverine


Round 6
3 derro - posted
Errik/Braxton - (no enemies remain above ground)
Corum -
Karthak -

below ground map


Round 6 Invisible with two mirror images

Corum moves ten feet east and waves his hands and incants, a fountain of colors emerge from his outspread hands enveloping two enemies bD11 and bB13 . After casting Corum and his two mirror images are visible.

I may provoke an AoO from bD11 if he knows I am close. Stealth (+20 for moving invisible) 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42

Color Spray DC 17 Will:

Color Spray

School illusion (pattern) [mind-affecting]; Level magus 1, sorcerer/wizard 1

CASTINGCasting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (red, yellow, and blue powder or colored sand)

EFFECTRange 15 ft.
Area cone-shaped burst
Duration instantaneous; see text
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION: A vivid cone of clashing colors springs forth from your hand, causing creatures to become stunned, perhaps also blinded, and possibly knocking them unconscious. Each creature within the cone is affected according to its HD.

2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

3 or 4 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.

5 or more HD: The creature is stunned for 1 round.

Sightless creatures are not affected by color spray


The Wolverine attacks the retreating enemy then shifts to flank the injured derro with Karthak (attack bE9 from bD10)
AoO1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Full attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 151d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 91d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
The Elemental waits to see if any derro resist the color spray.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 03 HP 26/26 | AC 17 (29) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +5 CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+8 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Does the Derro in bB13 need to resist the color spray? If not Karthak will give chase. Otherwise he will close in for the kill


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" EVERYTING'S UNDER CONTROL WARDEN! " Errik yells shaking off the effects of the sound burst spell and then turns to Braxton " Sounds like there's another party going on down there. " he says nodding at the hole " Think you can squeeze through that hole in you enlarged form? Let's go see where they were taking your new merchandise. " he finishes with a smile taking out his wand and running it over his wounds. He moves to the hole and looks down. Is there a ladder or rope?

Cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 So that removes the 3 Hp damage and 4 points of the subdual damage?


Corum moved to bE14 (10 feet east)

edit The earth elemental fully withdraws to the doorway (to bC 15) blocking retreat.

Corum speaks to the derro.

Undercommon:
"You are surrounded and the creatures of the depths fight for me. Surrender."


color spray saves:

bD,11 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 save
bB,13 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 save

Errik - there is a knotted rope, and it is about a 15 foot drop

201 to 250 of 1,775 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lost Memories of Sorrow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.