Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lost Memories of Sorrow

Game Master BinkyBo


551 to 600 of 1,721 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak moves near Master Marcotte:"No it's not. The name is Karthak Ironbreaker. Inquisitor of our Lord in Iron. I'm searching for a man named Sirius Horth. Is it possible you know something about him? Your underling there has not been very helpful."

Heal check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton waves from the back, "You know we can all introduce ourselves in the company of comfort and drink at the tavern, by the way the names Raith, Braxton Raith."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak seems surprised and conflicted about Braxton's idea:"Not a bad idea, you know.... though I hoped these two could help us puzzle out where Horth's hiding. But all in all, I think we can get back. Maybe we'll get lucky and Horth will come to us, as girly here suggested..."


Corum nods at Braxtons word: "If evil is going to come looking for us, better in a cozy inn stocked with spirits than a damp dungeon. Braxton has the right of it."

Glancing at the witch, "Maybe you can tell us more of this inescapable evil arrayed against us. If you are detailed and convincing enough, you may convince us to surrender and bow to the inevitable."

From Corum's deadpan expression, it is difficult to know if he is serious or not.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Drulsk and Master Marcotte would probably enjoy more comfortable surrounds after their imprisonment. Where do these stairs lead? " he asks the witch.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak gives Corum a venomous stare:Elf... You surrender and I put you out of your misery on the spot... there's no surrender, only glorious, neverending battle till the bitter end! Now, let's go back, before this defeatist attitude contaminates us all"


The witch shrugs at Errik's question regarding the stairs, but Master Marcotte answers... "This was at one time a library for the hidden complex run by a group... a think tank. Most of it has collapsed on itself, including the door out of the library. (he points to an area above near the stairs... presumably where the blocked door is) There is much I can tell you, but I agree, food and drink sounds good... though I don't exactly feel hungry." He looks over the half-orc and notices his ring, then looks at his own hand wearing the same ring. He lifts his hand displaying the ring. "Maybe because of this. I would also like some time to... hmm I suppose I have no spellbook anymore."


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Never mind, spells can be replaced. Let's get you two out if these caves. " Errik says casting light on the tip of an arrow he holds it aloft and sets of back the way the group came.


Who is escorting the little witch? I'll take two d20 rolls from whoever is.


Depleted of spells, Corum would have handed her to Karthak. Obviously not admitting the dwarf could do a better job in this situation.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak is fine with that. But remember he wanted to check on the dead goblins and their strange chief before leaving, so if there are no further surprises Karthak will check the bodies and then escort the witch

Rolls:1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 14


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

When Errik turns his head to see if everyone is following he sees Karthak looking at he strange bodies of the aquatic goblins. He sighs and turns back to make his own inspection of the creatures.

Kn Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Kn History: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Kn Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton will be with the two former prisoners, helping along if needed to get to the bar faster.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

So? What do we find?


Errik:

They are grindylow glean whatever qualities you care to from the page.

On and around the creatures you find several slightly primitive spears, a silvery shortsword, and an odd crossbow which fires through a short tube. The satchel of the potion-chugging goblinoid is now empty. while searching through the water you also find Braxton's "unexploded" thunderstone.
anyone with know(engineering) or craft weapons could determine the crossbow's design allows for underwater use.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak examines the weapons with professional interest

Spellcraft check (sword):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Spellcraft check (crossbow):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Ah yes, Grindylows I believe they're called. Wicked and sadistic creatures... " Errik turns to Karthak " Ready to go? "


Karthak:

the sword is a +1 animal bane (additional +2 to hit and +2d6 damage to animalls)
the crossbow is a +2 weapon with no underwater penalties


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

DM Bloodgargler:
The sword is a short sword and the x-bow is of the heavy type? Anyway if no one else wants it I'll take the x-bow.

Karthak rises from the place where he was sitting, examining the two salvaged weapons and answers Errik's question:"Yeah, let's go. These ones had some pretty clever toys on them... apparently the sword has magic meant to slay beasts of the animal kind on itself, while the crossbow can be used underwater as well as above ground and shows quite powerful magic. Good catches I'd say, all things considered. Let me know if you want to call dibs on one or the other"


The crossbow is heavy, and I forgot... the shortsword would actually be small sized.

You head through the tunnel from which you came. As you come to the first trapped stone, the witch tries to pull away from Karthak not realizing he saw her attempt coming and is able to yank her away from setting off the trap.
"Eh, nothing to lose... worth a shot.." she says to him a bit sheepishly.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak smiles sympathetically at the witch... and backhands her in the face:"If I were in you I would think twice about trying for that again... we traced our way down here and we know where all the triggers are, and next time I won't be so understanding..."

Do I need to roll to hit her even if she's bound? I don't mean to cause her harm but just to stress the point there's something to lose indeed if she doesn't behave


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Could we use the small shortsword as a dagger? Then I'll take that.

"We need to take the lass to our grounds so she can't pull her tricks and a few drinks may loosen her tongue, I know it does for many people har har."


Braxton - yes, but... you would have a -2 to hit with it

You make your way out to the alley by the town hall. One of the warden's men is there. "Mr Doyle called the warden away, he asked me to wait for you here... and... " You notice he is holding a piece of jerky in one hand and stuffs it in his mouth. "Mmou ham a mrimomer?" pointing toward the bound witch while chewing. He swallows "Prisoner?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Acute observation indeed, I can see you making a career for yourself here, lad... but try not to be deceived by her looks, she's not an innocent girl, she's a witch and a necromancer. And she knows where Horth is hiding. Besides that we have reason to believe you already know these two gentlemen we resqued from the witch and her now ded friends. Seems like they were your guests not so long ago. Don't you remember them?" Karthak gives the guardsman a suspicious look as he finishes.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

What's the plan from here? Interrogate the witch? Dump her in the cell and take Master Marcote and Drulsk to the inn for a drink and a chat? Split up and do both?


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

The cells are not safe: we have evidence of this from Marcote and Drulsk. I say let's go drinking all togheter, the witch included. We can interrogate her later... or maybe get her drunk and see if that looses her tongue a little. I don't relish the idea of torturing someone, even in a fisctional setting, but that's where Karthak would be headed if things go on in a certain way I fear


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

That's what Braxton been wanting to do for a while, so I agree with Karthak!


Corum believes being subject to a dwarf in a social setting can be considered torture :-)


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik takes out some jerky and quickly chews it. " I believe I will come to regret this suggestion of eating at meetings, when I'm twice my weight... Anyhow we are all going for a trip to Thulfi's for a drink. We'll meet up with the Warden later. "


In response to Karthak "I remember havin a half-orc in the cell a few months back I think. I think Warden Horne said he was causin trouble." He shrugs.
After Errik speaks, the watchman mulls the situation over a few seconds. "I'll pass that along." He then rounds the corner, returning to the town hall.

You head back to the Belching Badger. Thulfi is sitting in the still empty pavilion with his feet up on the rail... smoking a pipe. "Hey, welcome back. Eesh, you folk have brought a bit of an odor with ya. Hope it doesn't run all my other customers away." He seems to just notice the others, gets up and nods a casual greeting before taking orders. "What'll it be?"


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik looks down at his cloths and those of his companions. " Sorry, I hadn't thought of it. Must of got used to the smell while we were below... I'll have a glass of wine, thanks. " he casts prestidigitation and begins cleaning himself up.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"Ale... make it strong... and 2 pints of it... one for me and one for our new frind here..." says Karthak


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"Two shots of whiskey and a pint to chase it down mate." He sets his hat down on the bar. "Bring out 5 specials, we all good use some hot food, right dwarfy." After seeing Errik freshen up with his magic, Braxton smells his clothes and recoils with the discovery. "Hey Errik buddy boy, you wanna use that magic on me! I don't mind smelling like stale ale but this is not good."


Corum orders some fine wine and speaks to the witch, "Anything for you? After a tough day, we could all use some refreshment."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

"She's going to drink THIS!" Karthak points the mug of strong ale at the witch like it was a weapon...

"Gulp it down or I'll make you..."

Intimidate:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Drulsk the half-orc smiles at this little interaction...
The witch submits "Gah! Calm down. I'll drink it... I'll drink it." She takes the mug with both hands and throws back a few gulps.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik takes a sip of his wine " No problem Braxton. " Errik says turning his cleaning magic on his friend. " Perhaps we could move over to that table Master Marcotte, and you can tell me all about this group that operated under this town while Karthak chats to our lovely prisoner. "


Corum will join Errik. "Well done back there; I think that went well."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Any signs it's affecting her?


Karthak - no signs it is affecting her

Those who move to the table
Marcotte nods and moves to the table on the far side of the pavilion. "Tens of thousands of years ago, there was a group that we know very little about. They were a think tank, devoted to studying the arcane arts. They would come up with... ideas which would be one impossible keystone away from being plausible, and seek workarounds."

Marcotte continues.. "My colleague came here with the thought there might be clues regarding the cypher gate in Riddleport. The last message I received from him suggested he had found these underground ruins of this group, the Sol D'Argent. This is where they had gone when they disappeared, and I believe it had something to do with the starfall." He stops as a carriage pulls up alongside the pavilion.

to all
A carriage pulls up and stops equidistant to the two tables. The door on the side opens, and a pasty old man leans forward. "Evening... I'm known 'round here as Mayor Doyle. I understand you folks have been poking around, lendin a hand to my employee Mister Horne and so on. I'd like to have a chat. I'm headin home now, but stop by in the mornin. If you don't find me at the main house, check the lumbermill... can't miss it. Seems we have some things to deal with round here." His vague gaze lingers for a while.. he taps the roof of the carriage with his slender cane, and the carriage pulls away.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak gives the Mayor a thoughtful look and keeps considering him for some time after his departure:"Strange fellow, I wonder what he wants to discuss with us..." then the inquisitor gulps down his ale and rises his hand:"Give me two pints! One for me and one for missy here!"


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

wait what happened to my post!
Kn history (Starfall): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 = 21 Archaeologists luck
Kn history (Sol D'Argent): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 2 = 18 Archaeologists luck
Errik makes a tipping of the hat gesture to the mayor, even though he doesnt wear one, tugging a lock of hair. He turns back to Marcotte as the mayor carriage leaves " Please, Master Marcotte continue. What happened to your colleague? "


I want to see that mayor eat something.


Errik know history:

You are familiar with the cataclysmic event known as the starfall which occurred on this planet 10,000 years ago. It was a near extinction event, the Azlanti and Thassilonian civilizations were decimated.
Regarding Sol D'Argent. In your old world in the "second renaissance" after inherent magic wielders were culled to near extinction a new magic was born. The use of Argot was spread across the vale, and after the "bloodless revolution" all across the world. It is not known from where or when it originated, but the oldest known spellbook was said to bear a symbol much like the black sun and contained an inscription Sol D'Argent within.


Corum speaks to Errik, "You know, Karthak and that witch actually make a cute couple. Could there me something there?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Any effects after the second pint?


Errik+ others at far table:
"After Drulsk was imprisoned by the Warden, I found my colleague. Actually he found me... he led me underground to where I met you. He said he needed my assistance to find a secret passage. Last thing I remember... I was remarking how I found it ironic he a seasoned dwarf delver was asking me for that kind of assistance.
I can't remember anything after that... just how oddly he was looking at me... perhaps because I was passing out for no reason.
"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 02 HP 14/18| AC 17 (19) T 11 FF 16 (18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 | F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +7

Karthak raises his head at a dwarf being mentioned and turns towards Marcotte:"A dwarf... just like me or somehow a tad more... grayish? And... did he have a name?"


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" An interesting tale, perhaps your colleague had had a run in with Ugothols that have been plaguing our town? That could explain why he needed your assistance in the tunnels, then again perhaps it was just a ruse to lead you into a trap! Perhaps it's both. "


"You tell an interesting tale. I am interested in what these Sol D'Argent may have discovered. Do you know where your colleague was going to look before disappearing? It may behoove us to go there."
Corum sips a nice vintage and twirls the wine around in his glass.

551 to 600 of 1,721 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lost Memories of Sorrow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.