Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


351 to 400 of 4,463 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"I'd have to look closer at the injury, but it did get up on its own and that's a good sign." Rutilux answers the question rather than dwell on the limited options they have to escape should they see the enemy.


Gathering everyone back up and hurrying everyone into motion again takes more time than Isham feels comfortable with but pushing them any harder will only make them panic and slow everyone down more. The survivors follow your lead without complaint as you keep pushing them onward closer and closer to the safety of the town. As the minutes turn into hours their pace lags more and more. There is only so much that Dagmar's magic and the healers supplies that you brought with you can do and they are running out. Worse, looking back you can see that you are being followed and despite your best efforts they are gaining ground and will overtake you before you reach the safety of town and here on the plains there is nowhere for you to hide or hole up to defend yourselves. You're trapped.

*****

Down to two horses you make the best time you can towards town and the growing cloud of dust moves ever nearer. It doesnt take long for you to get within sight of the source of the cloud, more than two dozen riders move towards you at great speed, mighty ulfen ride towards you. As both groups ride towards each other you begin seeing more details and familiar faces with stern and angry looks upon them.

Soon, you rein in your horses and are face to face with Nayl and his outriders. Waving off any explanations for the time being Nayl turns you around and offers fresh horses for your ride back.

*****

Behind you and the survivors the Weidjadr continue their pursuit.  Without horses and on foot they seem to move at a loping pace like some kind of unnatural beast of prey. As they catch up they spread outwards into a large uneven line moving outward to envelop the survivors their woops and yells stirring panic and causing some to panic, running harder to get away heedless of where they are going.  The weidjadr move to take any stragglers as well as anyone that strays from the group and the only thing keeping them from tearing apart the survivors piecemeal are the arrows of Julian and Zethyris, the quick blades of Isham and the terrible wall of half-orc flesh that is Jediah, moving constantly to keep themselves between the survivors and Weidjadr but the arrows are running out, blades dull and chip and blood flows.  Just as your hope is failing a new sound can be heard over the din of battle and taunts of the Weidjadr.  The sound of thunder can be heard from the west rolling across the plains towards you, that thunder slowly develops into the steady beat of heavy horses charging.

*****

Nayl's outriders move ahead of the wagons and split as they begin their charge. To the left Nayl leads his men forward, arrows flying within inches of survivors only to pass harmlessly and bury themselves in Weidjadr flesh beyond.  Meanwhile to the right Rutilux leads the rest as they smash their way through the other side of the Weidjadr.  With new combatants on both sides and their numbers dwindling the Weidjadr break off their pursuit of the survivors and scatter.  The outriders don't pursue choosing to stay and guide the survivors back instead.

*****

That night the town is lit up with victory bonfires and many casks are broken open to celebrate your victory as songs are sung in your honour and you are asked again and again to recount the tale of your heroics.

The next morning you are all asked to sit with Bron and Nayl.
Bron"Well now, looks like we've got us sum up n comer heroes lookin ta take after ol Savol eh?"
Nayl"I'm not sure what drove you to run off to rescue those people, and I'm not going to discuss how you all could've died if we hadn't gotten there any sooner, but because of you those people are alive and safe and that's more important. So now we need to decide what we're going to do now?
Bron"We were supposed ta start work gettin da nearby villages and homesteads to join us but now we gotta concentrate on getting rid of those raiders so now we need someone ta take care of our original problem while we take care of the new one."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Cutscene victory! :)

Jediah gulps down the victory ale and tells his accounting of what happened, the details getting more and more shaggy as the ale keeps flowing until he topples backwards and starts snoring.

The next day, Jediah manages to get himself up and dunks his head in a cold bucket of water before heading off to listen to Bron and Nayl. Looks like we will be getting volunteered.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris drinks alongside Jediah, jesting and pointing out the ever-increasing gaps between his tales and reality. "So, wait. After you wrestled the bear for the fish, you were jumped by the three Weidjadr. At what point did you return to camp to get your axe? I'm not convinced you 'sliced them in half from groin to gullet' with a trout," Zethyris calls out with a wink.

The crowd of people around Zethyris and Jediah roar in laughter as the half-orc collapses off his chair into slumber. Looks like moderation was a good plan - this northern drink is quite strong. Zethyris talks with the nearby villagers for another hour, then turns in for the night.

The next morning, Zethyris answers the summons to meet with Bron and Nayl. He nods in greeting to the rest of the group. On seeing Jediah, Zethyris grins, points to his temple and mouths "How is your head?"


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah clutches his in response


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasiya remembers her promise to Isham. She makes sure that Rutilux sees a healer before the celebrations start.

"Come on, Rutilux. Lets go find a healer to look at your wounds. I don't want you to turn into a Weidjadr yourself from that infection."

If Rutilux refuses, she is going to describe in more and more details how he is going to transform into a Weidjadr if he doesn't get proper medical treatment - and will 'notice' some spots where this transformation has already begun (like these weird spots behind his ears, or the horns that start groing out of the back of his head).

Anastasiya is going to accompany Rutilux to the healer. Mainly to make sure that he really goes, but she might just take the opportunity to peek as well.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Before the celebration, Dagmar accompanies the survivors that still need medical treatment to the healers tent. She'll make sure to tell the other healers on the unsanitary conditions of the cave and the Weidjadr's weapons so that they'll be sure to watch for infections. Dagmar will wave at Anastasiya and Rutilux when they come over, glad that someone with more experience than her can inspect Rutilux's wound and make sure it will heal properly.

Dagmar arrives a little late to the celebration after being shooed away from the healer's tent and told she's done enough and to go enjoy herself for a bit. Grabbing a drink and finding a seat for herself at the table, she's soon laughing along with the stories being told and then laughs even harder when she sees Jediah fall over and pass out.

The combination of drink and exhaustion leave Dagmar too tired to get up from her seat and eventually she just lays her head down on the table and sleeps right there.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux should be proud of his performance in battle. The lance in particular was devastating in the charge to the rescue. Still, by the end of it, his weariness was showing.

.......

Quote:
"Come on, Rutilux. Lets go find a healer to look at your wounds. I don't want you to turn into a Weidjadr yourself from that infection."

"But what about your horse?" The cavalier protests, "Did anyone retrieve it?"

Nonetheless, he yields to the insistence of the healers so that he might still at least listen to the celebrations sooner.

Healers, as a rule, having little sympathy for a warrior's dignity, strip him and go over him meticulously. The cavalier tries not to sigh as he lets them poke and prod, and answers their questions honestly.

A young woman slightly younger than he bearing a family resemblance to him also helps him out, fetching new clothes when it is over for him.

When Rutilux returns to the celebration, it is not in armor but cloth. The armor needed cleaning anyway.

He drinks little, but a smile escapes his lips as he hears the praise and he does hoist a mug "To the Kodiakborne, may we do him as proud every night as we all have tonight."

And a second swig he think quietly to himself And to the Talonn line. May we rise with honor in service to our new lord..

But healing and exhaustion do claim him sooner than he'd like.

.........

In the morning...
Another fort save needed? BOnus applies again? if so:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Quote:

The next morning you are all asked to sit with Bron and Nayl.

Bron"Well now, looks like we've got us sum up n comer heroes lookin ta take after ol Savol eh?"
Nayl"I'm not sure what drove you to run off to rescue those people, and I'm not going to discuss how you all could've died if we hadn't gotten there any sooner, but because of you those people are alive and safe and that's more important. So now we need to decide what we're going to do now?
Bron"We were supposed ta start work gettin da nearby villages and homesteads to join us but now we gotta concentrate on getting rid of those raiders so now we need someone ta take care of our original problem while we take care of the new one."

Rutilux tries not to glow with pride at the comparison to Soval. He fails, but he does try.

"We did what we felt was right, though we are of course grateful for the rescue you gave us in return," He is back in his armor, and clearly shined it bright for the morning, "I'd gladly help with either task. Never let it be said a member of house Talonn shirks from honorable effort."


LG male human [taldan] paladin of Shelyn 1 [AC 18/12/16; hp 1/10]

Evening's Celebration
Andreas raises a stein in Jediah's direction when the half-orc topples. "I was once told drink is as much an art as anything made by man. It seems Jediah is overwhelmed by the form." The paladin shares a laugh with the others before returning to his discussion with the old woman who tried to arrange a marriage between Isham and her daughter.

Now, you were saying? He bears a strong resemblance to your third husband, the one that lost his leg when a parasitic grub nested in his calf? Please, continue.

The Next Morning
Andreas nods in appreciation of Rutilux's words. "We simply did what needed to be done; it would have been unforgivable to leave those captured to their fate. Without your timely arrival our effort may have failed, but at least we would have made the attempt."


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Julian experiments with the alcohol at night, not willing to completely give himself to it as yet.

The next morning he is not hungover. "Tt," he says. "Finding the tracks wasn't that hard. Someone had to just look."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)
Rutilux wrote:
"But what about your horse?" The cavalier protests, "Did anyone retrieve it?"

Oh. My horse. I totally forgot about the poor beast.

Anastasia won't let Rutilux change the subject from him seeing a healer to her horse, but secretly she feels very bad about it, now that he brought it up.

She spends most of the evening asking around for the whereabouts of her horse, hoping that someone found it and brought it back to town.

@DM: What happened to my horse?


Yes someone brought it back and they are looking after it now


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham partakes heartily and deeply in the celebration. Isham is particularly effusive in telling tales of their adventure:

  • Zethyris and Julian boldly creeping up on the cave of the Weidjadr
  • Anastasiyas fierceness raining bolts of mystic energy into the Weidjadr as they poured out of the cave
  • Andreas, Rutilux, and Jediah's impact as a charging line, overwhelming the Weidjadr and throwing them back into the cave
  • Anastasiya facing down the trollish Weidjadr leader
  • Dagmar's steadfastness healing her own wounds during battle
  • the wicked wounds Zethyris and Rutilux both sustained combating the Weidjadr leader
  • the comfort and support Dagmar provided throughout the flight from the cave of the Weidjadr
  • Rutilux's horsemanship rescuing Anastasiya as her horse went down (despite Isham having not been there...)
  • Jediah's incredible fieldcraft navigating the column of survivors through the northern wilds
  • ...and finally, the glorious charge in relief of the beleagured and hard-pressed refugees.

Isham prepares ahead of time, finding the right Skald translation... He ensures that Andreas is prepared to make a space and add a courtly flourish... As Dagmar enters the feasting hall, Isham starts a chant, pounding his stein on the trencher boards "Dagmar Hande Tröst, Dagmar Hande Tröst,..."

Skald:
'Dagmar, Hand of Solace'
OOC: Yes, I know 'hande' is properly a plural, but darn it, it doesn't scan without it.
dissolving into cheers and applause as Andreas bows her to a seat at a head table.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"As to why we went - there are some in this group that have a great fire in their heart and belly. It is a great asset, and a great hazard. And in honesty - there are some in this group that are inspired and guided by higher powers. Such guidance is slippery, but compelling."

"I agree with Rutilux, we will not shirk, and will do our utmost to accomplish the Kodiakborne's ends of consolidating the towns and villages of the area. Some of our hotter hearts would certainly prefer to be running down raiders on the front lines. We will ensure that they remain focused on accomplishing our tasking."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Rather suprised when Isham begins the chant, Dagmar begins to blush a bright scarlet at the attention of so many on her. She takes the seat offered up by Isham and Andreas, thanking them for their praise and being quick to point to their own bravery and battle prowess during the fights.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Indeed. I owe the Kodiakborne's much and helping to secure the safety the the own and people. we need a strong home to work from.


Bron"I was hopin you'd wanna keep helpin. Afer all we a ruddy got lots a soldiers but we need more thinkers n doers. he turns around, opening a chest behind him and carefully pulling out a bound bearskin.. Laying it on the table and unrolling it to reveal an ancient map written on the inside of the very large bear pelt. The map appears to show the Ulfen territory as it was before Irrissen and the Winter War. Taking on a very formal tone "This is a relic passed down in Savol's family for twelve centuries. This is what he is fighting for." pointing to a large portion with a bear's head logo,most of it being territory currently controlled by Irrissen.

Nayl"There are a few places nearby that we need if we are to have any plans for reclaiming the ancestral Kodiak lands. Tirias, The Oakrun clan territories and Merroh."

The village of Tirias:
Two days easy ride north of Tweyd lies a prosperous village made popular for its export of honey and mead to all of the surrounding areas. Tirias' prosperity has enabled them to keep a large garrison available at all times further funded by neighbouring farms and holds to provide constant patrols throughout the region giving theses lands a stability not commonly found so far from a city or a major Clan-hold. Unfortunately this also has the problem of encouraging isolationist ideals.

The Oakrun clan:
The first Oakruns settled the lands three days ride southeast of Tweyd a little over a hundred years ago. The clan migrated out onto the plains and away from their old lands nestled under the eaves of Grungir forest. They are a large clan that has yet to earn the right to major clan status despite their large numbers. The Oakrun control thousands of acres of verdant grasslands that they use to raise enormous herds of sheep and some of the finest ulfen horses.

The village of Merroh:
spread out across the eastern most edge of Grungir forest Merroh was once a prosperous lumber town but due to newer companies moving in nearby and increased production from towns like Eldentree. Merroh is losing out on their only export, lumber, and each season fewer and fewer merchants come looking for it


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"I also have to add that the retrieval of the refugees was critically dependent on the supplies and horses provided by Bron the night before. Thank you sir, for the confidence to properly equip us."

"Is the immediate need for information, allegiance, or conquest? How much latitude for creative action do we have, and how much authority to deal for the Kodiakborn?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

When he hears of the Oakrun territories, Rutilux looks intrigued at the mention of fine horses. "If I may ask, what has kept the Oakrun from becoming a Major Clan in status?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Rutilux asks a good question. If there is something that we could do to help them achieve major clan status, surely they'd be predisposed to help us."


Nayl to Isham"Conquest? This Savol you're talking about here, he's not a warlord!"
Bron"Calm down Nayl, I'm sure he dinna mean it like that. Isham, were trying to bring everyone together on this side of the border. Without everyone united under Savol we stand no chance of forcing those witches outta these lands. Y'all showed us that ye can think on yer feet and get things done, so we need ya ta meet with these people and find out what it'll take to get em on board. We need yo to use that judgement and decide for yourselves wether what they want is somethin we're willing ta give."
Meanwhile: Nayl responding to Rutilux and Dagmar"It takes more than just numbers or wealth to make a great clan. They need to prove themselves to the Ulfen people that they are worthy of the honour and up to the responsibility. A great clan is responsible for not only their own clan but any minor clans that swear to their banner. The only quick way I know of would require the head of their clan becoming a Linnorm King which I can't really see happening as they don't have any real warriors of renown."


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

"Seems to me that Merroh would need the least convincing of joining our cause, but has the least to offer. Tirias, on the other hand, would be an excellent place to start, but will likely take the most effort. Perhaps Oakrun, a little more in the middle, would make a good first attempt."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux scratches his chin, "I think you're right, Zethyris. Frankly, Tirias strikes me also as the hardest to win over as well. My father is a traditionalist and I can count on one hand the times someone has actually gotten him to change his mind," he says with a fondness, "I know a little of diplomacy and etiquette, but that is among Cheliaxian people. Were Oakrun of a Cheliaxian culture, they might better their station by arranged marriages or the like. Or their skill at horses might please a higher noble and earn them greatness that way. As for Merroh, they clearly need new resources or craft to turn to, but until we go there, there is no telling what that might be."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah agrees with Zethyris about Oakrun being a good place to start.


LG male human [taldan] paladin of Shelyn 1 [AC 18/12/16; hp 1/10]

"I believe that Oakrun may prove more apt to dismiss us than the other communities, but if the events of the past two days have proven anything it is the needs for fine and reliable horses. We should approach them first."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"Then Oakrun it is, judging by the number who agree," An almost boyish smile escapes the eighteen year old man's face for a moment before vanishing under the mask of professionalism he tries so hard to cultivate.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"Are we a great clan? I mean, the Kodiakborne. Are the Kodiakborne considered a major clan? ... What? Don't look at me like that, Nayl."

(giving Nayl a chance to reply)

"I'm just asking because, if we are a major clan - and the Okarun are not - that might actually help us to unite them under our banner. Right?"

Anastasiya gestures wildly while trying to explain that.


Nayl"The Kodiakborne are one of the oldest great clans still alive today. They have fallen on hard times and their numbers are small but no-one could argue their status."
Bron"Well, looks like y'all have a destination in mind. I think we can leave the details to yerselves but you'll need something to prove that you can speak for Savol. Now where'd I put em?"Bron starts searching through papers and small chests that litter the tent. Nayl"I'll leave this to you, I should be making my own preparations for the hunt."[/b]Nodding to each of you, Nayl leaves the tent and heads off towards his own tent."Ah, here it is."Bron pulls out a small flat chest only two or three fingers thick careful not to disturb any of the piles of papers near it. "These chains are a symbol. They are proof that you are trusted agents of the Kodiakborne clan and can speak for Savol. I can't express how important these are, anything the wearers of these do Savol is honour bound to uphold."

Taking a few moments to watch each of your reactions before opening the case and slowly slipping heavy gold chains over your heads. The chains are thick and solid, plain gold chains that hold a medallion bearing the full crest of the Kodiakborne clan. When they rest on your shoulders you can't help but wonder wether the weigh is merely the gold or if you feel the weight of responsibility that this honour entails.

"Go see the Larson's for whatever you need. And don't lose those!"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutlilux bends his neck as the chains are put about it, then straightens it again, "I shall wear it with honor."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah bends his head as well. Thank you, I will wear this with pride.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris solemnly accepts his chain. "We will strive to represent Kodiakborne well."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar is quite stunned at being granted such a great responsibility. After a moment she recovers enough to accept a chain from Bron. "Thank you, I hope to prove myself worthy of this honor."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasiya holds the medallion in her hands and inspects it, her mouth agape.


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"A bit gaudy ...gaijin and their jewelry ..."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar's cheeks flush red as she barely catches Julian's comment about the medallions. Turning about quickly, she starts over to Larson's tent, determined not to make a scene in case Bron missed what was said. Gaudy?! That's his only comment when granted such an honor? Such a responsibility? Obnoxious little foreign ingrate!


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

'Friend' at least wait until out of earshot before saying something like that.


Bron whispering to Julian"Maybe Nayl was right, you're not ready for this. Its a big responsibility and if you're not ready for it, it's okay to refuse it."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"We shall ensure that these are kept safe and honored, both physically, and for all they represent." Isham pauses a moment, "Each of us shall ensure that all of us honor this trust."

Isham slaps Julian on the back, and walks with him off towards Larson's, "You and I both know that everyone's traditions and symbols look stupid from the outside. If you're not careful, I'll tell them about paper lanterns. Paper lanterns! How stupid is that? But you'd never catch me saying so. Same thing - we're going to have to be diplomatic with these horse clanners. And they're probably going to have a lot of very silly traditions and symbols around their horses. So get into practice not insulting local symbols."


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"Tt. These round-eyes are so sensitive!" Julian shakes his head in disbelief.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

And someone doesn't have the sense to keep his mouth shut when in earshot of those in charge. Don't they have rules about politness to your patrons back in your homeland?


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"Paper lanterns? Seems very...flammable to me." Rutilux says after musing it over, "But to each their own."


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"I'm sure the women-folk do. A warrior cares not how he is viewed."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah will make sure their horses will have enough food for the journey and some extra arrows. We should do a little hunting while we travel. No sense eating the rations first.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux raises a slim brow, "Some warriors, perhaps. But the best of them know that they are examples not just of courage, but compassion and courtesy. Those who make war should be those that know the value of peace making the most."

Quote:


Jediah will make sure their horses will have enough food for the journey and some extra arrows. We should do a little hunting while we travel. No sense eating the rations first.

"Good advice,"


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"See, what did I tell you they'd say about paper lanterns?"

"Now if these Okarun are really horse crazy, they may want us to bathe in mare's milk, or drink horse blood compote, or enjoy the marital favors of the sleekest young philly. And it's their way, it's important to them. So as long as it costs us no more than a little dignity, or choking down a weird food, we show our respect and gain trust and mutual respect. And if we fail, then the over-sensitive roundeyes bash our heads in.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Over near Larson's tent, Dagmar has already gotten some supplies and is looking over the horses that are kept nearby. She's been taking her time, trying to pick one with a gentle walk and even temper since she isn't very skilled with horses. She'll look over at the others when they make their way over to get their own supplies and horses and it would be hard to miss the angry look on her face when her gaze passes over Julian.


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"I'm not クソ any horses," Jadid laughs. As Dagmar walks by. "Not even the ones on two legs! Looks like that one already wants me."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux frowns at Julian, and stiffens, "That is enough. Dagmar has healed our wounds, kept us alive. She stands by our side against the dangers of this land and faces them bravely. Show her respect. She has earned it."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"I'd say, my friend, that you have a lot to learn about women. Maybe you should stick with horses for a while," Isham says with a chuckle. "Don't forget that's the Hand of Solace you're talking about, and there's a few dozen stallions around eager to stand for her honor. Come on, let's get kitted out for some travelling."


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris rolls his eyes as he leaves the command tent. Oh dear, there goes Julian again. He seems to be a natural troublemaker.
He tucks his chain into his shirt as he ambles over to see Toopil and Binar. He catches Dagmar's glare out of the corner of his eye, and quietly steps beside her.
He leans back and indicates Julian with a wave of his hand. "You'd think that nearly getting killed would have taken his confidence down a few pegs, but no, he's cocky as ever." Zethyris looks sideways at Dagmar. "Try not to be too hard on him. He's a brash young man with something to prove... not quite the most charming combination."
Turning back to Julian, a small smile tugs on Zethyris's mouth. "Sort of like Val and I." With that, Zethyris returns to the other side of the tent and continues packing his gear.
Also: 400!

351 to 400 of 4,463 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.