Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


301 to 350 of 4,463 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Okay who is travelling ahead and who is staying with the survivors? Also are the survivors staying here in the gulley? It doesn't provide as much cover in the daylight but it can be defended as long as there aren't a large amount of attackers.

With the sun rising in the east you all feel quite refreshed after getting your first nights sleep in two straight days. As the first rays of the sun shine down on you a pleasant warmth pervades the air. It looks like today is going to be a warm and sunny day which is far from the norm so far north. You can see many of the villagers stripping off extra layers of furs and wool and tucking them away or rolling them under their arms. To them this is like a summer day but for southerners its still rather cold. Finally calming down after the turmoil of the last two days some of the survivors have begun pleasantly chatting and joking around and most of them have come forwards and even tried to chat with you. You've lost track of how many drinks you've been offered when they get home or a nice cooked meal and one elderly woman even walked up to Isham, looked him up and down and bluntly told him that if he wanted to marry her granddaughter she'd bless it and her granddaughter would put a little meat on his bones as she jovially pokes him in the ribs.

As everyone finishes their morning preparations they all look to you waiting for their rescuers to finish getting them home.

[edit]This occurs mainly while Zethyris is out scouting[/edit]

Zethyris the tracks travel somewhat parallel to the gulley and don't come any closer than 100ft which for humans is well beyond their ability to see at night without a bright light source that anyone on watch would have seen. Unless who or whatever it was can see in the dark


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"I heard them walking ...they didn't sound as if they knew we were here. I figured it wise to let them pass."


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Julian would probably be best moving on ...I don't think he can even talk to the victims.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"Zethyris, you put the issue very well. My concern is that we might not be able to get everyone back to town today. I think it would be best to have support if we have to overnight with this group again. I also think it less likely that we will be attacked during daylight."


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"Perhaps the ...stouter among us should stay while those more fleet of foot go? Healers mostly stay with these poor people. Those 人食い人種ろくでなし were tough but not fast."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"I'd rather we all go. No one would make it back here before another night falls and we'll have less people to keep watch with you gone."


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Julian shrugs amiably. Or as close as he gets to it.


LG male human [taldan] paladin of Shelyn 1 [AC 18/12/16; hp 1/10]

Early Morning
Overhearing the old woman speaking to Isham of marriage, Andreas makes his way over to the pair and places a firm hand on the other man's shoulder. "I think that is a wonderful idea. I volunteer to officiate." The paladin pats Isham's shoulder reassuringly and offers a wide grin before moving on to gather more gear. He manages to contain himself for several yards before he starts laughing.

Travel Planning
"I worry that if they discovered us last night, the cannibals will return with enough force to overwhelm us. We should all move out shortly." Andreas shivers in spite of the day's uncommon warmth, the temperature far lower than those he is accustomed to. "Perhaps it is best if we don't ride ahead. Still, those of us familiar with the saddle should stay in motion. We can cover a lot of ground, surveying the terrain around us for sign of the marauders."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham looks at Andreas very seriously, "A first wife should be selected carefully for political station. Such a delicate flower should be a second or third wife - possibly a cloistered mistress. But thank you for your generous offer" Isham will wait a moment for his statement to sink in, waits another beat, then smiles wistfully, and sighs over-dramatically, hands clutched to heart.

Travel Planning
@DM - ARC: does Isham estimate that 2-3 lightly loaded riders could reach town, and mounted riders return before evening? if the relief group were not mounted? if the refugee column walked slowly through the day would it make a material difference?

Isham feels a creeping certainty that more Wiejdar are stalking them, and that if only the five adventurers are guarding the refugees, they will be overwhelmed.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah ponders. We are still fairly close to where they were kept and left a large trail that can now be easily found. Perhaps a scout should look for a good defensible location in case we must make camp another night?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

"If anyone wants me to, I can show them the tracks. It only looked like two or three of them, so it is possible we can scout them out and take care of them if necessary. I'm not certain it is the Weidjadr; it seemed like some sort of human-ish footprints, but that's as much as I could tell."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux smiles at the banter despite his slight nausea, though he does look thoughtful at the mention of political marriages. As the subject turns back to the subject of moving, "I can get back on my mount and patrol in circles around the group, or head ahead which ever you think is best. But regardless of what tact we take, we must keep the group moving."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"I would feel much more comfortable if I knew who made those footprints. We should get the bulk of the people moving and then catch up with them later, after we see if we can track down whoever left the footprints."

I just hope that's not exactly the Weidjadr's plan ... to separate us from the people, so they can ambush them while we are following the wrong tracks. But no, I don't believe they would be that clever...


Isham, riders travelling at pace could reasonably reach the town by mid afternoon at the latest. From there its just a matter of how quickly reinforcements could be readied and head out. If the outriders are back then they would be able to join up around nightfall if the survivors travel to meet them. With all your military training you know that the biggest problem is how long it will take just to get word to the town because until they know they won't be preparing anything.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"Does anyone have a rapid means of delivering a message? Dagmar, can your owl fly on with a scrap of paper?"

apologies, player can't find Dagmar's owl's name. Isham would have tried hard to do better :\


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"I've never tried to use Alfdis to deliver messages before, but she should be able to still fly as long as it's just a small piece of paper. I doubt she could carrying a whole scroll or anything like that."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"Could Alfdis perhaps carry a small note back to town, ahead of some riders?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

DM-ARC: Can Alfdis carry the message?


Easily. She'll be able to carry a scroll no problem since it weights about as much as her normal prey


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Write your message and I'll explain to Alfdis who I want her to fly to." Dagmar calls Alfdis down to her and begins talking to her quietly, explaining that she it to fly alone back to the camp.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"So perhaps we can send Rutilux, Anastasiya, and Andreas on ahead quickly. Alfdis can carry a message to Bron conveying the urgent need for a relief column, and that guides are riding on ahead to meet whoever he might spare for relief. The rest of us will remain with the refugees here, and guide them towards town at their own pace. Does that suit everyone? Rutilux, can you write the note to Bron so that he'll understand how to meet us?"

Turning to Anastasiya, he says quietly, "Please do make sure Rutilux gets to a physician in town. He's putting on a good show, but there's more wrong with him than he's letting on to us."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"I'm sure there are better scribes, but I'll certainly do my best."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Sounds good to me, plenty of better riders here than me.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"Okay. Lets saddle our horses then."

In reply to Isham: "I'll do my best to convince him to see a healer."


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

"Blessings of Cayden Cailean! I drink to your quest!" Zethyris takes a swig of Caydenbrew from his wineskin. "Now go on, get us some help! Oh, and try not to get yourselves killed. It would be awful to make us wait for help that isn't coming. Dashing our expectations and all that," Zethyris says with a grin.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"Well if thats the case I'll try not to get killed. I'd hate to cause you any inconvenience, Zethyris.


So what are you putting in the message?


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Something short and to the point

People found
Traveling back to town
Raiders still nearby, possibly being tracked
Send a group to help escort us back. Wagons? Horses? Sleigh?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)
Anastasiya wrote:
"Well if thats the case I'll try not to get killed. I'd hate to cause you any inconvenience, Zethyris."

"Much obliged, O Queen of the North. We'll try not to have too much fun without your Highness," Zethyris responds cheekily.

As for the message, it should probably be addressed to Bron and/or Nayl. It should also make mention of the three we sent back, and tell them to start preparing so they are ready when the three arrive to guide them back.


So correct me if I'm mistaken. Anastasiya, Rutilux and Dagmar are going and the note is basically saying "Help! We found the captives but we think were being followed so please send another rescue party to rescue us" Joking aside you're asking them to prepare a war-party with wagons to meet you on your way back with injured. Three people will meet them and show them where everyone else is?. If no-one disagrees or wants something changed I'll have next big update ready later tonight.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar was staying with the main group. She's just sending her owl ahead to the camp.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Sounds good to me


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

I think it's Anastasiya, Rutilux, and Andreas who are going.
EDIT: Ninja'd by Dagmar!


As Rutilux, Anastasiya and Andreas make preparations for their rapid ride to town by gathering supplies and tending to their horses the rest of you move amongst the survivors offering words of comfort and helping to pack up any loose items. After some direction from Dagmar her owl, Alfdis, takes off on snow white wings speeding towards town carrying your note and your hopes of reinforcements. When she climbs into the sky everyone stops momentarily to watch and for many say a small pray to speed her on her way.
The three riders leave soon after trailing Alfdis across slowly melting snow their hooves thundering in the still, quiet air of early morning. The rest of you spread yourselves out amongst the survivors and lead them off at as much of a pace as you dare go with so many still recovering from both physical and mental wounds from the last two days.

I need ride checks from the three of you that rode ahead and a survival roll from someone in each group and you can use aid another too


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 With any bonuses from aid another.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

OOC: interestingly, the ranger does not have the best survival skill - which would put Isham in the 'aid another' category.
Survival(aid another): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
...and barely scrapes out the needed 10+. Dagmar? Jediah? who's gathering the +2's?


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah pretty much aced it. Unless we are talking crazy DCs, we are good.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Nice roll!
Aid another - Survival:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
... and Zethyris catches a cold, scares away the wild game, walks all over tracks, then camps out in a pond for the night. Marvelous.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Ride: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Survival (Aid another): 1d20 ⇒ 5

I really hope I didn't just fall off my horse.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

survival (aiding jediah) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

As he's on his own mount, cavalier bonus applies to riding...
Riding 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

After Rutilux, Andreas, and Anastasiya leave, Zethyris uses the morning to become better acquainted with the villagers. As they continue towards town, he asks questions of some who seem to have best recovered from their fright in an attempt to get a clearer picture of what happened during the attack, how many raiders there were, and if any other towns had reported unusual raids or attacks.
Can I take 20? Results in 26. Will take 10 for 16 if possible, otherwise...
Diplomacy:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
... Zethyris learns nothing interesting.


As the three riders disappear into the distance Dagmar, Jediah, Julian, Isham and Zethyris take on the task of getting everyone else moving. Keeping the most injured on their horses and leading the group westward following Jediah's guidance at a respectable and more importantly sustainable speed working hard to keep to the most easily passable routes through so much unbroken territory that in the daylight has a kind of stark beauty where nature exists untouched or tended, free to develop how it sees fit and free of uniform lines and edging. The steady ground eating pace that you have set does have its difficulties though as more and more often you seem to be catching yourselves just watching your feet rather than how everyone else is doing or your surroundings. If not for Jediah's almost natural skill with finding the safest paths across, around or through the ever changing terrain of the north you are quite certain that you would be lost or worse stuck in one of the many semi-frozen marshes that dot this region. At midday you stop to give everyone a rest and to share what meager foodstuff remains. Keeping a careful vigil over his charges Isham decided to head for higher ground rather than resting with the others in hopes of seeing some warning sign that could tell him if they were indeed being followed. Several minutes of scanning the eastern horizon left Isham satisfied that they were safe for now. Turning one last time to look back and see how far that they had travelled already today causes him heart to plummet. At the far edges of his vision he could see movement following their trail and worse it looked as if who or whatever it was was catching up.

*****

Eager to gain as much distance as they could travel the three riders, Anastasiya, Andreas and Rutilux race their horses almost recklessly forward knowing that the sooner they could meet up with reinforcements the sooner that they could turn back and help their friends. Trying to keep to open plains as much as they can they are still forced to slow late in the morning when they race out onto a stretch of moorlands.  Thinking to themselves that this must be why the path you followed from the town seemed to weave back and forth.  Thanking whatever gods chose to help you stay on the raider's path because had you stayed into the moors at night moving as fast as you were someone would have been terribly hurt. Once clear the lands opens up again and the three riders give their horses their heads spiriting them onwards faster and faster to make up lost time.  Anastasiya, unfamiliar with riding misreads a sign from her horse and keeps pushing it forwards until with a shriek the horse disappears out from under her and she finds herself floating sickeningly for a few seconds over her horses head almost face to face in slow motion she sees her horse go down, one of its front legs buried knee deep in some form of hole.  As the realization of her falling hits her so does an unyielding arm as Rutilux leans out of his saddle and catches Anastasiya across her midriff before she hits and without slowing shifts her so she is riding behind him.  Behind her all she can hear is the pained cries of her injured horse.  Looking back she see it standing up but nursing its foreleg. Slowing slightly to keep Rutilux's horse from faltering from the extra strain the three can see dust rising ahead of you to the west

Zethyris while spending the time talking with the villagers it sounds as if the raiders numbered somewhere between sixty and eighty strong when they attacked the town but no one knows if this was isolated or not


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Returning to the band of refugees, Isham seeks out and gathers together Zethyris, Jediah, Julian, and Dagmar. "I've seen pursuit from behind us, and they're gaining ground. We should push through this afternoon, but let's look for a defensible position mid to late afternoon, and be prepared to spend some time digging in. Has anyone got a good feeling if any of these unfortunate folks are capable as defenders? Is anyone worth arming?"

Isham will work with folks to get moving again rapidly.

OOC: @Julian - <doh!>


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Julian looks for places to hide ...out of the line of fire for civilians, and strategically for himself.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Zethyris, since you are best at talking to people from what I ahve seen, it would be best for you to inform the others so they know exactly what we are dealing with and what we must do. Ask if any are capable of combat, we won't be using them as troops of course but having some be ready to defend the others is a good idea.

Jediah looks out to where Isham pointed. I agree that we should keep moving and find a defensible spot. Dagmar, will you be able to help heal any wounded villagers so we can move quicker?


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasiya clings to Rutilux. It takes a moment for her to fully process what just happened.
"What ... How did ... Thanks, Rutilux. You just saved my life."

After a moment she starts looking at the rising dust.
"I really hope that is our reinforcement - and not the Weidjadr's."
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Is west the direction where our reinforcement should come from?


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"You're welcome,Anastasiya. I'm sorry about your horse, maybe the others will find it on the way after... poor beast." Rutilux clearly cares for horses, but perhaps not enough to endanger a mission as unless told otherwise, he won't turn back for it. "And I share your concerns. Our one advantage MIGHT be mobility with the horses, and frankly, that is a slim one. If we should run into the enemy, have you some magic that can obscure or obfuscate their view of us so they can not simply arrow and spear us to death as we run?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"I've already been doing my best to see to the villagers. Though I've been seeing to their physical wounds, some are still suffering from shock and exhaustion of their ordeal. Their captors weren't very concerned with their well-being since, well, you heard what the fat one said they were going to do with them." Dagmar can't help but shudder at the thought of being someone's dinner.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"I'm afraid I have no such magic. We will have to look for mundane cover if we want to hide from them."

"How badly do you think the horse is hurt?"
Not that it would matter, if this is indeed the enemy approaching.

301 to 350 of 4,463 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.