Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


151 to 200 of 4,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Jediah if you move you'll be 200ft which would be a -2 range penalty or run again and you'll be only 140 ft away next round


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasiya continues to hustle from cover to cover, trying to get within spell range.
Stealth (just in case one of them hasn't spotted her yet): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
(should be 180 ft. from the cave now)


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah keeps running then


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 22/10t/22ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

THIS is why I like horses. SO much faster... The cavalier keeps running


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

I started at 180ft out, double moved to 120, now I take a regular move to 120, so another double move will get me to 60ft out.

stealth to find cover again after I move 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Not being a great markswoman and knowing the limeted range of her light crossbow, Dagmar moves up again and tries to find cover. Hopefully I can get close enough to actually hit what I aim at.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham moves farther forward, draws and looses again. hopefully these fallows are dense enough to stand and aim - a clear shot would be nice.

shooting: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18, damage:1d8 ⇒ 2
OK, damage is incredibly optimistic...


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

If an enemy approaches Zethyris before he gets a chance to move, he will draw his rapier and attack.
If no enemy is within melee range, he will backpedal 30 ft. and fire another shot at the first Weidjadr

Disappointed at his poor luck, Zethyris prepares to face retaliation. He keeps his bow ready, but checks that his rapier is loose in its scabbard.


LG male human [taldan] paladin of Shelyn 1 [AC 18/12/16; hp 1/10]

Andreas continues to sprint toward the sounds of combat.


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Julian moves forward twenty feet and fires again. shot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5



Initiative Order:
Anastasiya 24
Rutilux 21
Julian 19
Dagmar 17
Weidjadr 15 X2
Zethyris 10
Jediah 9
Isham 5
Andreas 4

Still some distance away from the two sent out to scout Anastasiya continues moving from rock to boulder to stump and back again concentrating on keeping cover between her and the Weidjadr. Meanwhile Rutilux, Jediah and Andreas race forward heedless of whether they can be heard hoping to arrive in time to save their comrades. Julian draws another arrow from his quiver, moves closer and fires but the wary Weidjadr ducks aside as the arrow harmlessly flies past him. Hoping that Zethyris and Julian are providing enough of a distraction Dagmar slips ever closer to the cave trying to keep to the dwindling cover. Enraged the first Weidjadr grabs another javelin and recklessly throws it at Julian which bites deeply into his lower torso 8 Damage and whoops victoriously. The newcomers eyes lock onto a head of golden hair bobbing through the rocks and grinning evily lets his own javelin fly. The javelin hits Dagmar in her back near her shoulder.5 damage Zethyris backpedaling past Dagmar fires again at the Weidjadr before him but misses. Isham patiently moving forward while firing at the targets illuminated at the cave front sends an arrow up arcing its way towards the first Weidjadr but it didn't have enough to do more than scratch his face.

DM SCREEN:

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
attack roll vs Dagmar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
attack roll vs Julian: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Zethyris attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Jediah, Rutilux and Andreas are now 140ft away. Dagmar is 60ft out and Zethyris 80ft. Anastasiya is 180ft away and unseen. Julian is 30ft away and Isham is 240ft away.Both Zethyris and Dagmar look very wounded.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah keeps runing at top speed.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

You mean Julian looks wounded?
"Dagmar!" Zethyris cries out. He vaults over the rocks between them and kneels in front of her, providing cover, unless she moves and fires an arrow at her attacker.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Yay! First crit?


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 22/10t/22ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

The Cavalier raises his shield as he runs, in case arrows should strike at him while he closes. Man at arm trait already going to be useful it seems... his action, another move to close the distance as much as he can.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham moves farther forward, draws and looses again. 'Damnation. If I were a bit more superstitious, I might think I'd tempted fate, hoping for them to stand and aim.

shooting: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
OK, damage is still incredibly optimistic...
and I just can't see how to get inside the next range increment. Maybe the nice Weidjadr will cooperate and come a bit farther forward before my initiative?


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasiya continues to move towards the cave, darting from cover to cover.
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
(at 120 ft. now - and looking forward to do something more than just move next turn)


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Julian gasps in pain and curses in Tian. He tries shooting again. shot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage, I hope: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


sorry, yes its Julian not Zethyris that's hurt bad


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar shouts back to Zethyris. "I'm fine." Then she crouches down further behind the rock for cover and casts her healing hex upon herself. Please don't let Zethyris get hurt because he's too busy worrying about me. <sighs> Hopefully the little hothead will manage to live until I can reach him, he took a bad hit too.

healing hex 1d6 ⇒ 3
stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17



Initiative Order:
Anastasiya 24
Rutilux 21
Julian 19
Dagmar 17
Weidjadr 15 X2
Zethyris 10
Jediah 9
Isham 5
Andreas 4

Anastasia continues moving up while keeping herself in cover while Rutilux rushes to Dagmar's aid, keeping his shield up to deflect any more spears. Meanwhile badly injured, the loss of blood seems to throw off Julian's aim as he tries to bring down the monster before him. Ducking behind cover, Dagmar draws upon her mystical energies and uses them to start knitting her wound shut. Seeing Julian so badly injured the first Weidjadr rushes him and swings a skulltopped club savagely down upon Julian with both hands forcing his body to crumple to the earth beneath him. The second Weidjadr roars at Rutilux for stepping between him and his victim and hurls his javelin at him but all that time training under Bron had paid off as he raises his shield and narrowly defects the throw. Meanwhile two more Weidjadr step out of the cave to find out what all the commotion is about. After seeing Dagmar hit, Zethyris is flooded with images of his past. The fateful night a few years ago when his close friend Valborg died because he couldn't get to him in time to stop the treacherous orc from stabbing him in the back. With a primal scream he draws his bowstring back and lets fly at the "man" who dared to wound his old friends sister. As the arrow leaves his bow its sounds to him almost as if he hears his friends voice once again saying "thank you", the next moment his mind clears and he watches his target flung back seeing his arrow imbedded behind him in the cave wall through what was once the Weidjadr's face. Isham continues his measured approach firing again at the cave entrance but hitting nothing.

DM SCREEN:

Melee vs Julian: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
ranged vs Rutilux: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
critical damage from Zethyris: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

How far is Jediah now?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

So, one weidjadr at Julian's position, 2 more coming out of the cave 30 ft away? Hurry up you guys, I need a flanking partner ;)
Zethyris takes a look around him to see where the rest of his allies are. Can I get another summary of distances? He sees Julian go down under the Weidjadr's heavy club.
"Hurry! Julian is down!" He glances behind him. "Dagmar, we need to get you in there. He looks bad."

If the rest are still out of melee range:
Zethyris nocks another arrow to his bowstring and releases, aiming for the thing standing over Julian's still form.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage:1d6 ⇒ 2

If the Weidjadr approach Zethyris:
Zethyris draws his rapier and thrusts at a gap in the creature's makeshift armor.
Attack:1d20 ⇒ 3
Damage:1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (5) = 10+1d6 If there is a flanking partner for sneak attack



Sorry forgot to post distances and such
Julian is currently at -5


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

If Jediah is in charge range.

Jediah readies his glaive and runs at the Weidjader at full speed, his legs pumping as he raises his glaive high to strike at one of the deformed raiders..

Chaage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 22/10t/22ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux closes in on the one that wounded Dagmar.

Not sure if he can charge. If he can...
to hit:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
dmg if that hits:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

If he's too far away to charge, then he just closes the distance instead.


Yes you can charge the one near Julian


LG male human [taldan] paladin of Shelyn 1 [AC 18/12/16; hp 1/10]

Not to be left behind, Andreas joins Jediah and Rutilux as they storm into the battle.

If the Weidjader in range is still up, and if I have an angle to do so, I'll charge and attack with my glaive. Otherwise I'll close as best I can; keeping track of this many without a tactical map is tough.

If needed:

Charge 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25; Damage 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Critical Threat!
Crit Confirmation 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13; Damage 2d10 + 2 ⇒ (1, 7) + 2 = 10


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Horrry Sheeeet! OFF WITH IT'S HEAD!


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

clw 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

When Zethyris says that Julian has gone down, Dagmar looks around the rock and sees him laying on the ground. He may be annoying, but I still have to try to help him. It's my duty to heal anyone in our group that is in need.

As she watches the Weidjadr in front of Julian being charged at, Dagmar decides on a rather rash course of action that she sincerely hopes she won't regret. Dashing over to Julian's side (opposite side from the Weidjadr of course), Dagmar places her hand on him and casts a healing spell upon him.

edit: nice roll Andreas :)


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasia moves another 30 ft closer to the cave.
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
90ft from the cave; 30ft from Dagmar; 60ft from Julian (are these numbers correct?)

Finally. And just a few seconds too late, judging by the look of Julian

Anastasia peeks out of her cover to fire a magic missile, aimed at the Weidjadr who attacked Julian.

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
(4 spells left)


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Change of plans, with Dagmar's move happening first.
"No! Wait, that's not what I..." Zethyris cries out as Dagmar rushes to Julian's side. He draws his rapier move action - silly level 1 and dashes beside her move action 2, aiming to protect her from the Weidjadr. Standing between them if possible, but if the Weidjadr closes the gap then flanking with Dagmar.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

'right, front line is in, first casualty Being treated - time to come on as reserves!'

Isham puts up his bow, draws his rapier, and moves at all speed to the fray.



Initiative Order:
Anastasiya 24
Rutilux 21
Julian 19
Dagmar 17
Weidjadr 15 X2
Zethyris 10
Jediah 9
Isham 5
Andreas 4

Rutilux rushes to his fallen companions side but when he is almost withing striking distance Anastasiya pops out of cover and sends her arcane wrath toward the Weidjadr in an unerring dart of force that finishes what Julian started. His target downed the warrior moves to block the other Weidjadr from approaching Julian's fallen body. Dagmar the. Moves in behind Rutilux and uses her mystic arts to heal him. Seeing a prime target the Weidjadr both rush Rutilux with their bone clubs bit can't break his iron defences. Seeing Dagmar rush to he fallen comrades side he draws his blade and rushes up to assist. Jediah is next into the fray rushing at the rightmost Weidjadr and brings his glaive down across his side opening a large gash. Andreas follows Jediah's lead rushing the leftmost Weidjadr, who is distracted by Zethyris and Jediah, and with a mighty flourish opens him up from side to side. Seeing only one Weidjadr left up Isham rushes towards his allies drawing his blade.

Aside from Anastasiya and Isham everyone is clustered around the unconscious Julian sitting at 0 HP.

DM SCREEN:

attack 1 vs Rutilux: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
attack 2 vs Rutilux: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 22/10t/22ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutliux keeps his shield work up, countering the blows by catching them squarely before retaliating with his own, and speaking in Skald

Skald:
"Surrender now, return the hostages you've taken, and you maybe spared if they yet live."

To hit with flail:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage if that hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

'looks like the front line has their first wave - time to set up for the second wave as they emerge. Here's hoping the timing works out.

Isham continues pounding forward, but alters course a bit to wind up flanking the cave on the side opposite the cluster around Julian.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasiya shoots another magic missile at the one Weidjadr that is still standing.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
(3 spells left)


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Looking about and seeing most of the group now around her and Julian, Dagmar decides to stay where she is and use her healing hex upon Julian. We got to get him up, if many more of those Weidjadr come out we may have to retreat. Having to carry and protect him would slow us down.

healing hex 1d6 ⇒ 6


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah nods in appriciation at Andrea's power and will swipe at any other foes in range if they get hostile.

Glaive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

"Glad you fellows could make it!" Zethyris calls out as the others reach the fray.

Rutilux wrote:
Skald:
"Surrender now, return the hostages you've taken, and you maybe spared if they yet live."

Zethyris holds position, his rapier ready if the Weidjadr makes any aggressive movements.

"Right. Let's see if the big monster man will come nicely," Zethyris says, a grin crossing his face.
Will hold position unless the Weidjadr does something, in which case he will move forward and attack (with flanking partner for sneak attack if possible)
Attack:
1d20 ⇒ 16
Damage:1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (2) = 8


LG male human [taldan] paladin of Shelyn 1 [AC 18/12/16; hp 1/10]

Andreas holds his glaive at the ready but maintains his position near Dagmar and the injured Julian. "He going to be all right?"

I'll ready an attack should anyone make a hostile move against either Julian or Dagmar. Otherwise I'll hold until our resident ninja is on his feet.


Anastasiya draws yet again upon the raw arcane energies intertwined in her blood and her soul and lets a second dart fly at the last standing Weidjadr but he withstands the blast. Hoping to finish him off, Rutilux brings his flail down n a savage overhand swing but his timing is off and misses. Dagmar uses her energy to heal Julian (He's now at 6hp). Angered the Weidjadr swings at Rutilux but can't get past his shield. Taking the opening left to him Zethyris sweeps in behind and his rapier finds the opening he'd been waiting for bringing the Weidjadr down.

Stopping to take stock of everything you can hear muffled sounds still coming from the cave.

DM SCREEN:

Attack roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah takes position behind and to the left of Andreas so he can strike with him at any targets presenting themselves.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Pulling his rapier from the corpse's back, Zethyris remarks, "What a monstrous creature. Are these the Weidjadr the villagers spoke of? They're certainly nothing I've ever seen before." He looks around. "Is everyone all right? Julian? Dagmar?"
Well, that first combat could have gone better :P At least everyone is still alive.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Seeing that the fight is over, Anastasia moves over to the rest of the group. She still tries to stay out of sight from the people in the cave.

"So, how do we continue? Do we press on?" she whispers to the group.

"If these are the people who raided our village, then there should be more of them still."

Anastasiya looks at the fallen Weidjadr, to see if they resemble anything she has ever seen or heard about.
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Knowledge (any other, untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
DC10 result, either way.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris notices sounds coming from the cave, and sidles up to the edge. Cautiously, he listens for a bit, then peeks around the corner into the cave.
Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Stealth:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham nods at Zethyris as he lines up on the opposite side of the cave mouth. Isham checks his buckler and rapier. He prepares to turn the corner, and advance down the side of the cave - but first he gives a good solid listen.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Isham turns the corner as quietly as possible, making himself and compact and unnoticed as possible. He advances down the interior of the cave mouth.
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
OOC: great dice think alike ;)


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasiya moves up to the outer wall next to the cave entrance. There she waits for a signal to proceed from Zethyris or Isham.
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 22/10t/22ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"I think we should move forward," The cavalier whispers, "Those muffled sounds could be the hostages."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"I'll be alright Zethyris, thank you." Still hurts, but I'm not going to let a little wound slow me down. I don't want anyone to think I am weak.

Dagmar peers at the Weidjadr near her, trying figure out if their appearance matches those in the stories or if they could be something else.

knowledge history 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
knowledge arcane 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

As she sees the others advance towards the cave, Dagmar calls Alfdis down from where she was circling overheard. With the snowy owl now perched on her shoulder, Dagmar follows them.

stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
perception 1d20 ⇒ 4


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah follows behind Rutilux.


Those of you that inspect the remains of the ulfen/Weidjadr please make heal checks. As far as information gleaned:

Knowledge Arcana DC20:
These men are afflicted with a strange form of curse that is slowly changing them into something else

Knowledge History DC 15:
Weidjadr tales first started around seven or eight hundred years ago. The oldest being a story about an ulfen party getting lost in the glacial ice during a severe snowstorm without food. Desperate some of the group decided to eat one of the men who was dying from the cold in secret instead of burying him. The men who ate were invigorated for a while and felt no pain from the cold until they were hungry again, then they decided to eat the oldest of their group by letting him get separated and blaming it on a snow cat. During this time the rest of the group became nervous because the ones who were eating were getting stronger and stronger but also starting to change. As the winter wore on, buried into an impassible valley their numbers dwindled and dwindled until there was only one man who remained who didn't eat. Sensing he was next he waited until they were sleeping and snuck off into the night with all of their climbing gear. The man was found some time later near death by villagers who took him in and he told them his story. That night strangers came to town complaining of severe hunger who some of the kind villagers let in. The next morning when the town awoke every villager that had let a stranger stay was gone and so was the first man.

Heal DC15:
These men look like they have been poisoned and as the poison spreads their bodies are changed by it into something unnatural and bestial. The yellowish tinge of their skin is common in cannibals

Slowly venturing into the cave you can hear sobbing and crying for help as well as

skald:
"Pretty, pretty little flowers you all are. It would be a shame to just put you all in the pot when everyone gets back. If one or two of you decide to become my bride I can save you. He he he, all you'd have to do is serve me and bear me my own little kiddies. Now does that sound so bad?
"No!"
"Never"
"Monster"
"Beast"
(And many other names and words not suitable for typing out can be heard from a large number of female voices)
"I see, the I guess since I haven't got any volunteers I guess it'll be my choice!"


Turning the corner you can see a spacious cavern with various supplies and filthy pelts, a large whole in the far corner cover with large sticks and hands pushing out or shaking them furiously. To the left unseen until you step all the way in is a big cage with lots of scared ulfen women shying away from a large morbidly obese (man?) rattling the door and trying to reach in and grab the closest girl.
Skald:
"What took you so long, what was it, a hunter or trapper get too close?"

The large Weidjadr turns around to face you and you behold a hideous sight. The man's jowls hang low over from a mouth three times the size of a normal man's full of needle-like sharp teeth and a bluish-black tongue flicking back and forth with spittle rolling off in plentiful gobs. The man's eyes are bloody and sunken and his hands end in vicious talons.
"Who are you?"

151 to 200 of 4,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.