Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


1,651 to 1,700 of 4,697 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Seeing Ana keeping her distance from Samuel, after helping those who've had trouble, Rutilux makes his way to her and rides besides her, "Have you a moment to talk?"


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Thorvald watched as Rutilux maneuvered Sunfire gracefully and effortlessly to the princesses side from the corner of his helmet hidden eyes. He then guided his own horse to the side of the seaman isham's side. With bravado in his voice he hails him as he comes up beside him. "I hope I prove to be a better sailor than you a rider if we have occasion to take to the water Mr Isham. The point is to move with the horse, not bounce atop it like you are trying to drive a stake into its back with your arse! Try standing in the stirrups and move your hips with it like you were following a dance partner."

Thorvald then drops his voice a little lower so that not everyone else can hear "And thank you for helping save the entire party Isham. You helped unite everyone and got us through it. You stand out among outlanders here in the Lands of the Linnorm Kings. I will try to learn as much as I can from you.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Noticing Rutilux ride up to Ana, Dagmar makes sure to give them both a wide berth. I wonder if Rutilux is still trying to make his apology? I wonder if Ana will accept it or if she has already shifted her attention towards Thorvald? Dagmar glances over towards Thorvald, trying to see if he has any reaction to those two riding together.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Bluff roll for Dagmar1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8 to play it off like he doesn't notice the rendezvous.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

So Julian, tell me more about those puppet shows.


Having started the ride so late in the day you don't reach the remnants of the town until the sun has already begun to dip below the horizon. In the distance you can see the burned out buildings and the broken rubble but know that your ride is almost over until you get closer and one of the soldiers yells and points to an orange light to the south with a large pillar of smoke rising into the darkness. Turning Samuel curses, "That's the Maple homestead! Ride now like your lifes depend on it as theirs surely do!" And with the the collumn turns and heads south towards the light as is clarifies into many raging fires alite upon the thatch of several buildings. There are dozens of sillouettes moving about and the screams of women and children can be heard along side hideous laughing and inhuman howling.

The homestead's tall fence has been pulled down and there are dozens of darkly clothed humans and some wolves moving about attacking and killing the people while they try to run. There are four humans pounding upon the double doors of the main house which appears to be barred from the inside and screaming can be heard within. More than a dozen wolves have noticed you all riding up and have moved to intercept you followed by three humans.

You are currently one hundred feet out from the fence line and the wolves are twenty feet inside the line. Dagmar and Thorvald are partially hamstrung from the rough ride so please reduce you speed by five and your initiative by one. Isham is hamstrung and suffers a negative two to AC as well.

Please roll initiative and state your first round

DM SCREEN:

Julian ride: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
initiative Wolves: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
initiative soldiers: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Initiative Champion 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
initiative Champion 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
initiative Champion 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
initiative Commander: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Jediah gets his glaive ready as he prepares to dismount with the others.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Ride:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Rutilux leans forward and rides his steed into battle. His plan is to run his lance through a wolf or other foe when he can, but for now, he just covers ground.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Initiative 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 1 = 17

Riding into the valley Thorvald brings his hunting horn to his lips and sounds a long bayful upnote.

Thorvald does not have mounted combat so he must dismount to meet the wolves.

He takes a quick look to see where the other members of the party are. Those of us who must fight afoot shoud band together and form a turtle! The casters can remain within! If we stay separated the wolves will trip and gut us! Rutilux ride on and watch our flanks if you can! The others to me!"


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

NJ Ninja Julian
J Jediah
Z Zethyis
T Thorvald
A Ana
D Dagmar
I Isham

NJ ........J
..... A D
I ........... Z
.......T

This is a turtle if a wolf darts in between us they will be flanked or open themselves to attack of opportunities. The ladies can cast, heal and range attack. If someone falls they can be pulled to the center then we form up like a five on a die.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Are we riding ahead for another round or dismounting now? I don't want the group to get too far apart if some are riding on ahead. Plus we still kinda far away from the homestead.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

120ft is pretty darn close, by the time we dismount, arm and form up I think they will be on us. I would love to get closer, but unless ARC says otherwise this is as close as we can afford to get right now. Anyone else have a different strategy?


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"Let's try to punch past these wolves, and move to aid the homesteaders. Jediah, Thorvald, take left and right and hold up the wolves. Rutilux, Zethyris, Julian - push through and defend the survivors. I'll stay with Ana and Dagmar to try and push through the middle. Thorvald and I aren't moving as well as we might, so be aware we may be lagging behind!"

initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Round 1
Status: (HP 22/22 AC 18 -2 | T 14 -2 | FF 14 -2 | CMD 18 | F +3 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +3 | Per +7); hamstrung, move 30 -5
Full Round: double move
Quick: quickdraw bow

Thorvald - as enthused as you might be about taking point, you're slowed a bit, and that'll make a real difference eating up space. Rutilux is also the speed demon horseman and linebreaker. Julian and Zethyris are mobility monsters.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4
Thorvald the Black Shield wrote:

Thorvald watched as Rutilux maneuvered Sunfire gracefully and effortlessly to the princesses side from the corner of his helmet hidden eyes. He then guided his own horse to the side of the seaman isham's side. With bravado in his voice he hails him as he comes up beside him. "I hope I prove to be a better sailor than you a rider if we have occasion to take to the water Mr Isham. The point is to move with the horse, not bounce atop it like you are trying to drive a stake into its back with your arse! Try standing in the stirrups and move your hips with it like you were following a dance partner."

Thorvald then drops his voice a little lower so that not everyone else can hear "And thank you for helping save the entire party Isham. You helped unite everyone and got us through it. You stand out among outlanders here in the Lands of the Linnorm Kings. I will try to learn as much as I can from you.

"Thank you for the kind words - and the advice. I've much to learn from everyone here - and apparently horsemanship is rising on the list quickly. I'll try to dance, if the horse will stop kicking me in the stones."


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Without mounted combat, ride by or trample, how are you going to get through the wolves and the soldiers? Won't that be attack of opportunity per enemy we pass? Especially bad if they have spears to set for charge too?


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)
Rutilux wrote:
Seeing Ana keeping her distance from Samuel, after helping those who've had trouble, Rutilux makes his way to her and rides besides her, "Have you a moment to talk?"

"Sure. What is it?"

~~~~~~~

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Ana shoots magic missiles at the closest wolf.
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
6/7 spells left


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)
Anastasiya wrote:


"Sure. What is it?"

He lowers his voice a bit

Anastasiya:
"I want you to know, it was never my intention to hurt you that night. I became so wrapped up in complications that I...well, I think I made the wrong choice." He gives a slight glance towards Thorvald, "I realize you have already made your own choices, and ...I think he is a good man. But I wished to apologize regardless. I had a gift for you," he sighs, and pulls out a rose blossom made of glass held in a cloth, "One of the town glass blowers made it. There was a stem, but it was accidentally broken when our goods were taken. Not their fault. They didn't know it was in my baggage. I hope our friendship is not is not as badly damaged as it was." he offers it, "Even when it was whole, it was not as lovely as you are."

~~~~~~~


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Rutilux:
Made my own choices? Who is a good man? What are you talking about, Ruti? Thorvald? Oh, you mean ... oh!

Ana tries to keep a straight face when she replies.
Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

"So ... if you had another chance - if you could turn back time - is there anything you would have done differently?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Anastaysia:
Rutilux confesses, "For a start? I most assuredly would taken that kiss as my blood was bidding me to that night.
"
he gives the lightest of blushes, "But that is, not likely appropriate to say given the changes in circumstances. What might have been is bitter sweet but it is in the past. I hope the new future for both of you is very bright."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Rutilux:
Ana shakes her head and laughs. "Do you always give up so easily?"

She sighs, then continues: "Rutilux, there is nothing between Thorvald and me. That 'moment of passion' between us that he keeps mentioning: he was angry at me. Because ... it doesn't matter. I want you, Rutilux. But I want you to to be passionate about me and to fight for me."

She takes the rose and beholds it for a moment. Then she thoughtfully strokes the sharp edge where the stem broke off. "I don't want your desire for me to break as easily as a rose of glass. Because fragile love can hurt the most."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Anastasiya:
Quote:
Ana shakes her head and laughs. "Do you always give up so easily?"

Rutilux starts to protest, "Give up? but aren't you seeing..."

but then she explains

Quote:

"Rutilux, there is nothing between Thorvald and me. That 'moment of passion' between us that he keeps mentioning: he was angry at me. Because ... it doesn't matter. I want you, Rutilux. But I want you to to be passionate about me and to fight for me."

She takes the rose and beholds it for a moment. Then she thoughtfully strokes the sharp edge where the stem broke off. "I don't want your desire for me to break as easily as a rose of glass. Because fragile love can hurt the most."

Rutilux's expressions run the gambit of surprise, relief, annoyance, amusement, and thoughtfulness, "I had bought that rose before the incident, it was a sign that I hoped to start again. When I misunderstood Thorvald, I thought you'd made up your mind, and the group seemed..." he admits, "Divided enough as it was. I also was... angry with you, unfairly so I suppose. Sometimes you seemed so flawless, it is easy to forget you can make mistakes just like the rest of us. Add to that the third parties that will want say in who I eventually call my love, and I suppose I was a bit...timid. A word I did not think would apply to me, but it would seem in some ways it did."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Rutilux:
"No, you have every right to be angry with me. But I was hoping ... anger and passion don't have to be mutually exclusive you know. I'm still out there, if you want me. But you have to overcome your fear and get in touch with your animal nature, if you want to come hunting. Oh, and thank you for the rose. That really was sweet of you."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Anastasiya:
"I was raised by a code of chivalry, directing and restraining my own selfish desires is what I've been told and trained to do. Perhaps I apply it even when I need not, or should not," He admits, then he smiles, "As for my animal nature...I shall endeavor to be more beastly to you when next I get a chance." He notices Isham about ready to fall out of his saddle again, and sighs, "I should probably go help some of the others again. I swear, if I ever go sailing with Isham, I may fall overboard just to even things out."


Initiative Order
Anastasiya 20
Thorvald 17
Rutilux 17
Isham 16
Jediah 8
Wolves 4
Dagmar ?
Julian ?

Anastasiya continues to let he mount ride forward while she concentrates on her magic, firing two bright bursts of light that fly straight towards one of the wolves and burst amongst its fur.

Just waiting for confirmation wether you are dismounting here or moving up by horse first.

DM SCREEN:

Ana concentration check DC 11: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

ARC,

If we don't dismount we provoke AoO for every foe we pass without charge and without mounted combat we have to make a DC each round to do a single standard action correct?

Also are we able to tuck in behind the forty riders and dismount next to the buildings or are these wolves set for us and we are on our own with the other riders already ahead of us?


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 12

Do we look to have time to move forward first round and then dismount the second to attack the enemy? I'm not sure how fast they are moving as they come up at us and am not sure if it would waste a round to dismount now and wait for them to come up at us.


If you want to wait for the Oakrun soldiers to hopefully open a gap for you to go though you can, but you also said you wanted to dismount and 'turtle' up before the wolves had a chance to get in close.

If you dismount here the wolves wont be able to attack you until next round but you'll be that much farther from the survivors. If you move up then the wolves will be able to reach you this round.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

I am all for riding in unless it looks like Thorvald will have to pull off a DC 20 to do it. ARC, do you have us roll only if we are directly threatened or if combat is even nearby?


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

I guess move up this round for me then and then see what happens. We can't be looking like hesitant cowards in front of Samuel. :)


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah will move with the group.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Better than falling out of our saddles and being eaten by wolves right!

Thorvald saw Ana unleash her magic and that Rutilux would definitely ride on as this was his combat expertise. Fine Isham! As you wish.

Samuel, we will follow you in and dismount in the courtyard! Can you give us an opening!? Those of us on foot form up if you can, shield the casters if we can't! FOR SAVOL AND THE OAKRUN!


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux is indeed charging forward.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 45/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Zethyris continues to ride forward, examining the approacing men as he does so.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

see above round 1 action - still ahorse, if not the quickest.


Initiative Order
Anastasiya 20
Thorvald 17
Rutilux 17
Zethyris 16
Isham 16
Dagmar 12
Jediah 8
Wolves 4
Julian ?

Can i get ride checks from everyone, except Rutilux who has a combat trained mount, as your push your horses towards the wolves. This will affect primarily how you will be beginning the next round

Thorvald starts to pull up on his mount until he notices all of you ride forward so he joins you all in you dash into the waiting maws of the wolves before you. The wolves waste no time as they rush forward nipping and biting at your mounts, most miss but Isham and Julian's mounts are hurt (2 and 5 damage respectively) and Rutilux needs to make a ride check for his horse to avoid getting hit. Samuel and his riders appear to be charging past towards the soldiers moving up behind but those nearest try a few swings at the wolves but cannot connect.

DM SCREEN:

wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Rutilux hit
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Jediah miss
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Dagmar miss
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Isham hit
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Julian hit
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Thorvald miss
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Zethyris miss
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Anastasiya miss
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Rutilux miss
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Thorvald miss
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Isham miss
wolf attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Jediah miss


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Ride: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Possible to line for a charge on a foe with his lance?


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19Ride Check

Soooooo close . . . yet soooooo far!


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

ride check 1d20 ⇒ 12


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Ride: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 45/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Ride: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Ride: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

After the initial sally toward the wolves, having his horse take some slashes from the wolves, and watching Rutilux push through towards the villagers, Isham dismounts opposite the wolves, using his panicking mount as a shield, and lines for a shot at whatever wolves are harassing the group moving towards the village.

Round 2
Status: (HP 22/22 AC 18 -2 | T 14 -2 | FF 14 -2 | CMD 18 | F +3 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +3 | Per +7); hamstrung, move 30 -5
Move: dismount ride(dismount): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
standard: bow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Initiative Order
Anastasiya 20
Thorvald 17
Rutilux 17
Zethyris 16
Isham 16
Dagmar 12
Jediah 8
Wolves 4
Julian ?

As the wolves surround and nip at your horses, only Rutliux and Jediah manage to keep control of their mounts. The remained are thrown off by your frightened horses. Isham and Thorvald land prone looking up at their fleeing mounts while Zethyris and by some miracle Anastasiya and Dagmar land on their feet. You are all currently surrounded by a dozen wolves as. Some of Samuel's men have seen your plight and have broken off their charge, turning to help you.

DM SCREEN:

Acrobatics Isham: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
acrobatics Anastasiya: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
acrobatics Zethyris: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Acrobatics Dagmar: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
acrobatics Thorvald: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah hacks at a wolf with his glaive.

Glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rultilux eyes the wolves circling them, locates the wolf chiefly blocking the way to the village, and then charges it bringing his lance to bear.

"Cavalier's Charge (Ex) Mounted charge grants +4 to hit and -0 AC rather than +2/-2. " Lance, can be used one handed while mounted, and will do double damage in a mounted charge.
To hit, charge bonus inc: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
If that hits, dmg is: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 8) + 3 = 12


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Round 1 initiative segment 17
Rage 1/9, AC 18 while raging

"Try to punch through them!"he says like he was born in the saddle! Oh yes Isham, this is so much more impressive to Samuel and helpful to the homesteaders than simply getting off our horses voluntarily!" Thorvald man-b!tches as he stands up and draws an attack of opportunity from the waiting wolves. Anger and frustration fuel his powerful swing as he unleashes a sword swing at the first wolf that presents itself and he tries to bite another with his own teeth in a fit of animalistic fury.

1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 1 = 27
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Animal fury
1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 1 = 5
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Woot! Critical Threat
1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 1 = 23
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Not content to merely wound the wolf Thorvald rips Wintersbane up and through the lupine creature's chest cavity exposing its steaming organs to the cold winter's air as it is rendered into a ruined carcass and tossed aside by the bear like Ulfen warrior.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"Rutilux, Jediah - to the villagers! You - Samuel's men," Isham gesticulates at Samuel's riders, "Ride on to the village! We'll hold these curs from your back!"

'Staying on the horse was bad. I think getting off the horse was worse. By all the gods I've got to spend some time studying this.'

As Isham struggles free of his stirrup, he rolls for a moment in the grass. He picks his head up to orient. His horse bolts away. Immediately behind the horse, limned in bright sunlight, a large wolf comes bearing down toward Isham. Isham's eyes are briefly dazzled - his hands go to his eyes, and he throws the blinding flash directly back at the wolf. Isham feels something lurch in himself, then sees the a blinding brilliance - blue-white with black streaks, rather than sunlight - engulf the wolf - and its immediate surroundings.

'Did I do that?!?'

Round 2 (revised)
Status: (HP 22/22 AC 18 -2 | T 14 -2 | FF 14 -2 | CMD 18 | F +3 | R +8 | W +3 | Init +3 | Per +7); hamstrung, move 30 -5, prone
Standard: cast flare burst (DC12) centered on the nearest wolf
Move: stand from prone

Yep - this may be bad for all and sundry - that flare burst has a 10' radius, and catches everything. I (player) don't know where the nearest wolf is in relation to us, though I think Thorvald and I are near the back because we were slowed. Yep, this may generate AoO because Isham has no idea how to cast defensively. This is pure, unadulterated 'oh @!^#$ !!' reflex.

So... apologies in advance.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Thorvald Fort check vs DC12 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"For the love of the gods what in the 9 Hells was that Isham! Are you trying to make us all blind! Draw your blade and fight you damned pirate the battle is joined!"

;)


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

So sorry guys! I was staying with a friend and he had no internet. I'm back though!

Ride: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Stupid horses. Julian rides away from the wolves, dismounts, and looks for cover while drawing his bow.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

I think we are just waiting on Dagmar, then the wolves eat us.

1,651 to 1,700 of 4,697 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.