Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


1,201 to 1,250 of 4,662 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"So all the way to the legendary big city, why did you turn around and come back here? If you wished to be out of the reach or your Grandmother Absalom seems like it would be the one place she could not reach."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Ana tells Rutilux more about her journey:
"Yes, as I've said: it took me a while. The most difficult part was to get from the Kellid lands to Ustalav. We were taking hidden passes through the Tusk Mountains. Hiding from the Orks of Belzken on our right, as well as from the demons of the Worldwound on our left."

Thinking of the past, Ana starts to laugh.

"Of course I didn't realize what danger I was in back then. I thought all the bad and evil things in the world were behind me in Irrisen. But the men were really scared. I have no idea what goods they were transporting that made it worth to them to take such a dangerous route. Luckily we all made it to Ustalav safely."

To Thorvald's question she replies in a more serious tone:
"To be honest ... I don't know. When Savol told me he was coming here, I just knew I had to follow him. Maybe I have to confront them. Here where it all began. Their blood always flows through my veins, no matter how far I run. Or maybe I was just hoping to see some strong Ulfen warriors. I really don't know."

She smiles apologetically at that last remark.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"That is truly a valorous tale - not simply brave, and beyond bold."


Seemingly content with Anastasiya's answers Nayl excuses himself and heads off towards the outer perimiter to check on patrols.
(Bron)"Well lass i'm glad yer wit us. And I'm glad yer all safe but with bad news like that we really need ta git ar act tagether and make sure we're prepared. We have maybe six weeks before the winter snows make travel hard, even for Ulfen, and strand us here. I hope your ready ta help take care a business wit the Oakrun's and Tirias. We could use the support of both of them but i dunno if this army can surivive without the support fof at least one. We're too far away from any settlement large enough for us to just buy the provisions we need to keep an army fed and happy. And if Irrissen is coming we need everyone ready and able ta fight. Father help me but trying ta keep up with all these reports and such is beyond me, i can train em and i can lead em but damned if i cant figure out how much they're eating or how much we have or where ta get em uniforms and such, there's just too damned many of em. I doubt any of you got any ideas about that do ya?"


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"I might have some ideas about uniforms. The naval tradition has a very broad view of 'uniform', and we might adopt some of those traditions to keep things simpler. I'm not much of a general quartermaster, but I may be able to help with estimates for provision rates - again, in a naval situation we didn't have a lot of options for 'foraging' and had to be careful to plan supplies. Have you got some ledgers?" Isham will walk with Bron, and dive deep into the details of supply and provisioning.

Aid another Profession(soldier): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Aid another Profession(sailor): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

About uniforms - Isham will advance the idea of colored armbands or sashes, and possibly tabards/vests. Something to act as a throw-over, rather than primary coats and hats. The army might look a bit scoundrel-y, but such a thing would be much easier to create and maintain.

But based on roles, the whole 'uniforms' thing is probably going to be a pretty bad idea, though good sailoring provisions planning seems to be a much more immediate success :)


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:27/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"I recall one of my late uncle's telling me the chief purpose of a uniform is so you don't accidentally kill someone on your side in the heat of the moment." Rutilux that his uncle, a tad in his cups at the time, had a few more frills and dressings in the message. There are, after all, ladies present.


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Wow. She really talks even more than the rest of them. I probably should be paying attention but who gives a s*$@?! Hope they don't want me to wear a uniform. Stupid idea. "HEY ENEMY LOOK AT ME!" I know they think I'm rude, but they're so stupid ...


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"Ana where must we go next? We do not have time to waste here it seems, unless there is some other purpose for our being here I feel like we should ride on to the Oakrun Dales or take some other action. Unless we already have some other task to carry out. "


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"Yes, we should ride to the Oakrun clan as soon as possible. But I fear that, even if we unite all the people in the area under our banner, that it might still not be enough to stop an invasion from Irrisen."


You also need Toopil to craft the shield for you


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5
Anastasiya wrote:
"Yes, we should ride to the Oakrun clan as soon as possible. But I fear that, even if we unite all the people in the area under our banner, that it might still not be enough to stop an invasion from Irrisen."

"Last time the Ulfen people did not have warning. The Great Hag with her Ice Trolls, Winter Wolves and worse came out of the snow without warning and fell upon them hunkered down in their villages. By the time the clans had drawn together to organize some kind of defense it was too late. This time we have time to muster. If we all die before the fell foe we will be broken, but unbowed. It will be a glorious death."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

You sound like a Klingon ;)

"Maybe its the hag in me. But I'd rather win and live, then loose and die honorably."


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"Agreed,I would rather live to be sung about and hear it myself in the drinking hall over a fresh horn of mead. To victory then."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"So after Toopil crafts the shield that we fetched the black oak for, we will make straight for the Oakrun clan. Perhaps then after securing some needed support we can discuss again the cursed item Ana was told about and if we should take the risk to retrieve it."

And yes, he does sound like a klingon. Thorvald do you want to recite poetry while I throw heavy things at you? :)


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5
Dagmar Ragnasdottir wrote:
Thorvald do you want to recite poetry while I throw heavy things at you? :)

Sure that sounds like a good time and a workout in one!


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

In one ST:TNG episode that was how Worf described a Klingon mating ritual. :)


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Oh, you two are already getting married?


Please try to keep these jokes in the discussion and outta the gameplay thread

Satisfied with your meeting with Bron you decide the next course of action is to go to Toopil and have him start making the shield as soon as possible.
Toopil is busy at work cleaning and sharpening his tools nearby his forge when you arrive but once he notice your arrival quickly drops his tools on the table and stands up to greet you, "Friends! You are not dead! This is wonderful news. Come we must share a drink and you shall tell me where you've been, what you've done," he whispers quietly to you, "or who." Wasting no time he disappears quickly into his tent and returns with flagons and a barrel, cracks it open and starts pouring. "To you, may you return again next time to drink more mead with me!"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:27/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"We are happy to see you as well, Toopil." Rutlilux blushes slightly at the whispered innuendo. He takes a Flaggon, so not to be rude, "And to you, may your crafting of a shield make the ties we seek all the stronger."

He introduces Herald to Toopil as well, as he's done with the others, "We do have some odd tales following us, no doubt."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham leers briefly at Toopil and says, "I haven't had any mead this good since whatever that dryad served us in the wood." Poking Zethyris, "You remember, the one with the very scanty clothing, when your eyes were almost falling out. Though as I recall, she wound up curling up with Anastasiya." Isham laughs briefly, and drops Anastasiya a 'forgive the banter' wink.

"More importantly, she showed us where to find a genuine black oak. She didn't really tell us it would try hard to eat us before giving up some boughs, but we brought some back whether the old tree liked it or not. We're hoping you can make that cantankerous wood into some shields for us - but be careful, it bites back."


"Wood that bites? What a story that'll be. Little Ana and a Dryad eh, sounds like you've all had quite the trip." he takes a good long drink before continuing. "So you want me to make this wood into a shield or two. Tell me the details you want on them and I'll start them tonight since I'm guessing you want them as soon as possible" Looking through the wood you brought for a few minutes, pulling the bundles apart and stacking them into three piles based on size and maybe colouration. "A lot of this won't be useful for a shield but I should be able to make three heavy shields or four light shield with what is."


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"If you wouldn't mind I would love a chance to watch you work in the interest of maybe picking up a trick or two. I am a metal worker myself. Also if there are a few black oak scraps left over I would like to make some sword and dagger handle scales with them."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"The shields are intended for the Oakrun clan of Ulfen horsemen. I'm demonstrably not the world's expert on fighting from horseback. Rutilux? Toopil? Thorvald? What would an Ulfen warrior prefer for fighting from horseback - a light shield perhaps?"

"And Dagmar, hadn't you worked through some appropriate iconography for the shields?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:27/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"Light or Heavy could work depending on if they prefer light or heavy cavalry. I suspect most Ulfen prefer light on horse back."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"I think we had discussed a great black oak sheltering a family of bears."


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"Symbolism!" Julian pipes in again.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"Heavy Shields offer more protection and when you have a horse to carry it the weight is less important. A large shield covers more of a riders leg, but in close quarters battles can be so cumbersome as to be a hindrance, but that is just my opinion and I prefer heavier blades as opposed to the lighter variety that many southerners seem to prefer."


Just giving you all a chance to RP between yourself and Toopil regarding what kind of shields and what you want on each of them becasue he can put a different heraldry on each of them


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Hmm...since we can do more than one shield, perhaps a different scene for each shield? The bears under the oak tree on one, perhaps a fierce bear battling a hydra on another and one with Oakruns' base heraldry?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:27/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"I would feel wrong using it for selfish ends like my family's crest so your ideas sound quite reasonable to me." Rutilux is smiling, "I look forward to meeting the horsemen of the north. Perhaps I will learn new techniques or see new breeds."


"Hmmm, I don't think having the Oak tree sheltering a bear is quite the imagery and message you want to convey. Sounds like they're protecting us but I heard some southern countries split the marks on their shields so I could put their oak symbol on one side and the Kodiak on the other, would that work?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"That should work okay. How long do you think it will take to make the shields? I fear I know nothing about that sort of work."


"To make them worthy gifts I'll need three days to shape, craft and inscribe them. Why not rest for a day or two and re-equip if you need. My assistants can help you with whatever you need and can tend to your gear if you wish."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

While waiting for the shields to be made, Ana looks for a tailor who can change the royal outfit to fit her.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham will spend the three days helping Bron with supply and logistics. And taking some lessons on 'profession(soldier)'ing. (that '1' still rankles ;)


There is a seamstress in town willing to do the work for one gold considering your fame Anastasiya. She would spend several hours sizing you and fitting you and listening to any requests regarding adjustments or alterations then another day to do the work.

Bron seems quite overwhelmed with the sheer logistical mess that this army has turned out to be. He cant even get proper reports detailing numbers. There are several names listed in different detachments that are the same, so either there are people with the same name or someone has been put into multiple squads leaving them all under manned. He needs an assistant or someone else to take over, this is far too much for an old drill sergeant.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Thorvald can help with the crafting as he had offered before if it will help get us out of the camp faster. Also I would like some more details on the Oakrun clan like family ties, popular sagas, etc so when we meet them I know some more about them. I will seek out some one who has that knowledge in the camp.

Other than that I will continue to refine my Kodiak skull helmet and form the black oak handles for my weapons and meet as many of the fellow warriors as I can. For info Thorvald thinks of himself as a freeman devoted to Savol rather than say a private in his army.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah will lend a hand to Bron with dealing with the overload of work he has. He will help with making sure squads are evened up and the reports sorted out.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"Rutilux, will your cousins be traveling with us in the immediate future? If not, Bron could certainly keep them productively occupied. Your young squire, in particular, might benefit from day-to-day mentorship from Bron."

If this is agreeable, Isham will work with Bron and the youngsters to get some smooth-running systems up and running. Not doing the work for them, but ensuring the system to get the work done is operating smoothly.


Toopil is glad to show you around his smithy and accepts your help with the shields after you show him your work. As a side note, so much kodiak SKULL sigils could be taken as a bad omen. The symbol is a living vibrant grizzly/kodiak not a dad one. With the help from Isham and Jediah, Bron's workload does go down a bit. And when Rutilux's cousin is asked to help out he does so but spends the entire time talking about how his mamma would do this or his dad would do that. Describing in great detail stuff that his parents would do constantly while governing their lands, well before their lands were taken away by the house Thrune. When he's not talking about his parents he's talking about how Rutilux is gonna make him a knight soon and then he's gonna go on an adventure and he's gonna save a princess and she'll be much better looking that the one his cousin is gonna find but she wont kiss him cuz that's gross. The boy doesnt stop talking until you send him to bed at night.

After three days and nights waiting for toopil to finish, he finally sends for all of you. When you arrive he is standing there, obviously tired but almost bouncing due to excitment with three stands holding the three large round shields. He refuses to let anyone see them until everyone is gathered. He then slowly pulls the covers off of each one individually. The first one he shows is the Oakrun symbol, a detailed black aak tree that appears to be done in obsidian or black glass, it shines so brightly, following the thick metal band wrapping the rim of the shield are ancient Ulfen runes of protection. The second shield Shows a kodiak in all of its glory, hackles up and claws out battling an eight headed serpent beast. The animals are so detailed you can see the bears fur and shimmering scales of the beast. Finally, Toopil reveals the last shield, slightly large than the other two and upon it is a beautiful scene, a compromise from what he discussed with Dagmar, the shield bears a detailed Oak tree full of acorns with a mighty bear standing upright infront of it almost as if the bear was protecting the oak and its acorns. Looking closely, each acorn has a name engraved upon it in tiny writing. and the bear has Savol's eyes.
"Well?" Toopil stands there waiting for someone to speak.

Thorvald:
YOu helped and watched him frame, build and reinforce the shields but when the time came to carve the symbols and the sacred runes he sent you away saying you haven't yet earned that just yet and then locked himself away in the store house so he wasn't disturbed


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"Truely incredible Toopil, you are a master artist. Any Ulfen chief would be proud to bear such a shield. They are almost too beautiful to take into battle and demand to be displayed in their owners hall for everyone to see."

Thorvald points a finger towards the tree with the acorns, "Liniage I presume?"


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

retcon, GM and Rutilux:

After the first night of Rutilux's cousin's nattering (and after he's tucked up neatly), Isham will have a brief discussion with Rutilux, to the general effect that Rutilux's young cousin is by way of needing some growing up, and that if Rutilux was amenable, Isham will help provide it, at the risk of scaring the dickens out of the lad, and potentially bruising him lightly.

retcon, GM:

If Rutilux continues to be agreeable, the second morning Isham takes the young cousin lad aside for some stern words. The general tenor of the conversation is, "Lad, you're a squire. There is no squire anywhere that has been improved through his own speaking. You demonstrated yesterday that you attended well the lessons from your parents. Those are important lessons for a boy to learn. Now that you're a squire, you've got to learn hard lessons from hard men like myself and Bron. You can best demonstrate to Rutilux that you are prepared to squire for him in the field, you must take direction and follow orders - without questioning."

"I can only be here the next two days. I am a friend to Rutilux, and have more time to attend to you than Bron. Bron is busy, and he is a hardened soldier. You can win much credit and admiration by being an able aide-de-camp to that hardened old man. But if you waste his time or fail to execute his orders as he gives them, according to his intent, then he will send you away. Not from malice, or spite, or hatefulness. He has no time - a good aide-de-camp will ease the calls on his time. A poor aide-de-camp will be worse for him than none, and he can not afford to lose more time. If you can not help him effectively, thoroughly, and without running your mouth, it will be a setback in your efforts to come to the field and squire for Rutilux."

"If you are serious in your intention to squire for Rutilux, and believe you are ready to truly demonstrate that you can contribute positively and learn practical aspects of soldiering, then I have a means to help you succeed." Isham holds up a blank pocket diary, a bottle of ink, and a quill. "You have wonderful thoughts, ideas, and experiences. You want to apply them to these tasks at hand. That is good process. For now, you need to write your current tasks in this diary, and as you have thoughts, observations, and questions, rather than speak them immediately, you should record them in this diary. At the end of the day, you may ask (though not expect) Sergeant Bron to address your questions and observations. You may ask, but you must be respectful of his time - if he has time to converse, you must be prepared to discuss your questions and observations in an orderly way, and remember to ask, but not to argue."

"If you are committed, we will practice for the next two days. I will review your diary morning, noon, evening, and night. Tonight you will talk with me to discuss your questions. Tomorrow night, you will sit with Bron, and I will be there to help you."

"Can you commit to this? Answer only yes, or no."

When the lad starts spluttering out 'buts' and 'could I' and 'momma said', Isham clouts him on the ear sharply (but not cruelly).

Isham says sharply, "Squire, I said answer yes, or no. I did not invite you to ask questions. Is it yes, or no?"

Over the next two days, as Isham helps square away reporting chains and report contents; common vocabulary for arms, equipment, and readiness; organizes a sergeant's council to draw up march schedules, camp taskings, watch orders, etc. as recommendations for Bron's review; and other similar utilitarian non-comm processes that should occur without requiring attention from the camp commander. And throughout, Isham will drill the lad on the processes and personnel. He ensures the lad has written them in his diary for reference. As the Lad (inevitably) attempts to inject observations about his parent's governance, the price of tea in Tien, or the color of a goat's buttocks, Isham will rebuke him immediately, publicly, and occasionally physically. The lad's insteps (where trod upon), shins (where kicked), the back of his head (where swatted), his shoulder (where punched), his ears (where grabbed as a dragging handle), and his buttocks (where kicked to reinforce tardy reaction to an order to 'run, Squire' 'RUN!') suffer various degrees of abuse - none remain untouched, but none seriously injured.

After reviewing the Lad's diary at the end of the first day, if the Lad was not a totally hopeless case, Isham writes a brief note, folds it, and hands it to the Lad. "Take that to Toopil - it's authorization for a dram of beer, 2 drams of water, and one helping of 'speaking freely'. You are to tell him what you've done today, and how you feel about it. You will have a conversation with Toopil as a senior and respected peer - emphasis on 'respected'. Return no later than Matens for lights out. Do you understand, Squire?"

The note says, "Toopil - give the kid a beer. please listen patiently to him, I kicked his ass today. be clear about how little value and use the world has for a soldier that whines. Please ensure he's hydrated before lights out, and make sure he gets there. Tx! isham"

The second day proceeds as the first. Again, assuming the Lad is not a hopeless case, at the end of the second evening Isham sits with the Lad and Bron. Isham helps them both through a review of the Lad's diary - the Lad with presenting organized thought and coherent questions; and Bron with interpreting a young squire's thought soup, and providing appropriate levels of guidance and correction. Bron should have experience with this, but Isham has now suffered with the lad for 2 solid days, and helps to shape Bron's interpretation of the Lad's thoughts and reactions.

Afterward, Isham will take the Lad around to visit with Toopil, and stand him to a dram of beer. Isham will draft Toopil to mentor the lad (as a senior enlisted....), and remind both Toopil and the Lad, in no uncertain terms, that Toopil is obliged to kick the Lad's ass any time he backslides. Isham will then leave the two alone (signalling Toopil that the Lad can have another dram, at Toopil's discretion), and remind them that the party will leave out early the next morning, and their attendance is expected.

taking 20...
profession(drill sergeant): 20 + 6 = 26
craft(soldier): 20 + 2 = 22 (untrained)


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:27/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)
Quote:
And when Rutilux's cousin is asked to help out he does so but spends the entire time talking about how his mamma would do this or his dad would do that. Describing in great detail stuff that his parents would do constantly while governing their lands, well before their lands were taken away by the house Thrune. When he's not talking about his parents he's talking about how Rutilux is gonna make him a knight soon and then he's gonna go on an adventure and he's gonna save a princess and she'll be much better looking that the one his cousin is gonna find but she wont kiss him cuz that's gross. The boy doesnt stop talking until you send him to bed at night.

Rutilux also tries to provide some training to the lad, it is his job after all, and his responsibility. However, this doesn't stop Eustace from chattering a great deal, and sometimes (perhaps unknowingly) putting on airs, at least when Rutilux isn't there to remind him to be work harder and whine less.

"Eustace," he tells his cousin, "I think everyone likes your enthusiasm, but you must be careful lest it sound too much like boasting. Up here, blood is not enough for a man to earn boasting rights. I am sorry I haven't taken more time to prepare you better. I didn't mean to be gone so long and I may yet have to leave you again, but do not be so eager for glory that you forget grace. I know you have the seeds of both in you." And he tousles the lad's head a bit if no one else is looking.

He needs a senior knight to guide him. I'm too inexperienced myself to do it properly, I fear. But I am better than nothing.

Quote:
"Well?" Toopil stands there waiting for someone to speak.

"Magnificent. Such detail, yet even from a distance it identifies its bearer," Rutilux is open in his admiration. "I have seen nobles pour buckets of coin to shield makers who were not half so skilled. If any doubt you are a master of your craft, they're blind."

Isham, DM:

Yet when Isham steps forward, he has to think about it...

Quote:
After the first night of Rutilux's cousin's nattering (and after he's tucked up neatly), Isham will have a brief discussion with Rutilux, to the general effect that Rutilux's young cousin is by way of needing some growing up, and that if Rutilux was amenable, Isham will help provide it, at the risk of scaring the dickens out of the lad, and potentially bruising him lightly.

"He is still a boy, Isham. I wouldn't want anyone, in their haste to mold him, to break his spirit instead, and he's my responsibility, though I fear I do not always do as much right by him as I should. And you are more experienced in many matters. Maybe this will let me decide whether he'll be a hindrance of a help if I take him along. Very well, but I will talk to him first about it."

He calls the cousin who would be squire, "Eustace. I have a challenge for you, if you are up to it. And it will not be at my hand. One of my friends has much to teach. He will make an offer. Should you take him up on it, I want you to listen to him, obey him, and do as well as you are able. It will NOT be easy, but if you accept I expect you to endure it with grace. Then later, I will see what you learned."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

He will later inform Isham of the boy's reaction to it "Is it best if I stay away from him a day or two, or can I observe?" He'll abide by either.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Ana did spend the one gold to get the dress fitted. Afterwards she investigated what happened to the good wine they brought from the lumber camp.

"Impressive work, Toopil! Lets hope the Oakrun will know to value them."
Are the shields magic?


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar claps her hands at the unveiling. "They are absolutely magnificent Toopil. Truely they are as much works of art as they are implements of battle. Surely the Oakrun tribe should feel honored to be gifted such shields."


Yes they are


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Ana tries to judge the shield's magic discreetly.
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

But she isn't very successful at either being discreet or identifying the magic.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

@Rutilux - "Eustace is your Squire and your cousin - I only offer to help. Over the next several days I'm sure he would appreciate your presence. But it would be better for him if you were not to intervene. I offer to help partly so I can be the designated 'bad guy'."

1,201 to 1,250 of 4,662 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.