Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


951 to 1,000 of 4,159 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Ana shakes her head in disbelief.
So much for verifying that Bertram is guilty before raiding his town.

DM:

Please note that Ana didn't plant her acorn yet.
She is not making any fuss about it, but unless reminded she will simply 'forget' to plant it.

But after a moment her curiosity prevails and so she asks the fae: "How did they know to attack the Lumber camp and not this town here, when you blew the horn?"
You didn't already suspect them, did you?


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar holds off asking for her boon for the moment to see if the fae responds yet to Rutilux's request.


Looking at you deeply Rutilux in case you jest, the Sihde looks somewhat apologetic, you think, before responding. "It is beyond my powers to call off the Wyld Hunt after they have been sent. If you wish I may be able to save one but you must specify who." turning to Anastasiya, "There is more to music than you can comprehend. To some it is a language thousands of times more detailed and elaborate than this primitive one I use to speak with you. In a single note a hundred different nuances can exist, each distinctly separate but part of a whole. That is how."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux looks as if he'd been struck, If I'd but taken a moment to talk to them, any of them. But... "I... I'm sorry, but I have no names to specify with." He takes a deep breath, "If I have not wasted my boon then... might we have some item or means to regularly send messages to the Kodiakborne faster than an eagle flies?"


"Hmmm, let me think upon this." He paces back and forth for almost a full minute before stopping, then walks into the forest to return a few minutes later holding his arm up and an over sized dove rests upon his fist. As he walks closer you can see that the dove's feathers are a mix of white and green, it has a very long tail almost twice the length of its body. "This bird comes from an aviary within our realm. You will find him more than able to carry messages back and forth for you. Do not think of him as a mere pet, for you will find he is smarter than any normal animal that you will meet. All you need to do is show him somebody or somewhere once and he will remember. Say hello to your new master."
(Bird)"Scree!" with that the bird flies off of the fae's fist and flies towards Rutilux waiting for his arm to raise to land.
Fae Ambassador"Well? He is faster than an eagle and is quite fond of dates and grapes, I hope you will treat him favourably."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux is surprised, but holds out his arm, the bird lands gently on it, "Thank you. I have never seen the like in all my travels. What does he prefer to be called?"


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Greatly relieved that the fae took no offense and satisfied that his village's honor has been restored Thorvald speaks. "Lord, I fashioned this shield from a fallen Darkwood in your forest. This shield served me well when the eaters of the dead came to raid my home. If you would enchant it to repair itself each day I would be able to bear a part of the wood with me on my travels. Or, perhaps you would grant me a Composite Longbow, something that I would likewise cherish."

"And, if it pleases the court, may I ask on behalf of Ungrill that the spirits of the forest protect and guide his Nephew Cad? For neither Ungrill nor I will be here to do so. He is a good lad and he can be counted upon to care for this grove and pass on respect for the pacts to generations to come regardless of how you answer."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"Here is what I wish for: I want to know as much as possible about what queen Elvanna is up to. I want to be able to watch her. From afar. Without her being able to see me."
She stresses the last two conditions, to make sure the fae doesn't 'fulfill her wish' by teleporting her to Whitethrone.


"Call him what you will, he is yours. We don't usually name each individually to me it is just a grove bird." he listens while Thorvald makes his two requests. "Gime me your shield." Upon taking it from you he begins quietly singing to it and as he does so small motes of green energy begin to drift up from the wood. As his tempo rises more motes appear until the shield is covered in a corona of green light in a similar hue to the colour of the light as it pierces the canopy of the forest. "I beleive that will suffice." As Anastasiya makes her request or demand depending on her tone he begins shaking his head. "It would take someone far, far moe powerful than I to give you such a thing. You may as well be asking for immortality or the moon. I cannot fulfill that request."


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

jumping on a plane to Cordoba in about 15 minutes

"Thank you.", Thorvald says reverently and he gently takes back his shield and inspects it with a look of wonderment on his face.

After the fae leaves Thorvald leads any who are interested back to the village and makes sure the new comer feels included in the revel and games that follow a hard night of drinking to a fallen comrade.

The next morning he returns to he burned out pyre and retrieves the smelted metal from its ashes. He goes to the forge and crafts a weapon from it. Any who go to watch him see that be is working through something in his mind as he masterfully crafts his project. That evening he takes measurements from the cavalier and fits a suit of the half plate to him. If no one else has any need of fitting he can spend a half day on another task.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah considers his request and then stands. For quite some time I have wanted to experiance climbing the mountains in this land and belive it will be an important part of my trials here with Savol. I would ask for a fine set of climbing equipment so I can better scale the peaks.


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"Great Lord of the Forest, I would be honored if you made it somehow easier for me to go by unnoticed in these lands so far away from my own." Julian bows deeply in the Tian manner.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Forest Lord, do you perhaps have any items that would aid me as a healer in keeping those in my charge healthy?"


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Waiting for other requests to resolve a bit more. I'm planning to request their support as allies, as the round-out to the other requests.

Isham stands in deep thought, gauging the reaction of the Sidhe Lord to each of the other requested boons. He appears to be assembling and formulating something with great care.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 knowledge nature Wow that is a beautiful bird, I don't think I have ever seen its like in the great wood let alone know its name. Hopefully we can forage some berries for it, but I am sure we can secure preserved figs in a major town, or maybe some of the women here may have some? Thorvald thinks to himself trying to remember to ask around for some figs and dates for it would not be good to mistreat an animal of the fae.

@ARC:
If this is appropriate1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Perception. Looking at the grove of newly sprouted trees Thorvald notices that there is one less sapling than there are adventurers who came out of the forest. Seeing Isham still silent Thorvald speaks, "There are only six trees and the circle is not complete, did one of you not recieve an acorn? We must have it planted before the Sidhe leaves this place."


The fae listens to each of your requests

"I am afraid that we do not have mountains in our court so i do not know where i could procure a climbers regalia for you bit i beleive that this will be acceptable in its stead." he reaches into his cloak and pulls out a very thin rope that appear to be braided vines. "This rope is used by many of our hunters and scouts. As it is now it remains only ten feet long but if you twist it like so, you can unravel it all the way upto one hundred feet long. No matter the length it is strong enough to hang a dozen dwarves from." He then hands the rope over to Jediah

He then moves over to Julian. "Something to help you blend in? I think i know exactly what to give you." He walks again into the woods returning a moment later with a grey cloak hanging over his arm. "Many of our scouts use these as well. This cloak is a subtle weave that is actually made of hundreds of natural colours so it will help you blend in anywhere in nature." He hands Julian the cloak.

specifics:
Wearing the cloak gives you a +3 bonus on stealth rolls in natural environments.

When he listens to Dagmars request he smiles. "Few people when given the chance to claim one of their desires ask for something so selfless. I will be my pleasure to give you this." The fae reaches out and gently grabs Dagmars hand, lifting it up and brongong it to his lips. When he pulls away there is a beautiful silver ring adorned with a spherical saphire and miniscule diamonds surroundig it. "So long as you wear this ring all of your mystical energies devoted to healing will be stronger."

ring:
Any healing spell or effect cast while wearing the ring count as being 'empowered' per the metamagic without any changes to the spell level (this also works with channel positive energy used to heal and healing hex)


The fae listens to each of your requests

"I am afraid that we do not have mountains in our court so i do not know where i could procure a climbers regalia for you bit i beleive that this will be acceptable in its stead." he reaches into his cloak and pulls out a very thin rope that appear to be braided vines. "This rope is used by many of our hunters and scouts. As it is now it remains only ten feet long but if you twist it like so, you can unravel it all the way upto one hundred feet long. No matter the length it is strong enough to hang a dozen dwarves from." He then hands the rope over to Jediah

He then moves over to Julian. "Something to help you blend in? I think i know exactly what to give you." He walks again into the woods returning a moment later with a grey cloak hanging over his arm. "Many of our scouts use these as well. This cloak is a subtle weave that is actually made of hundreds of natural colours so it will help you blend in anywhere in nature." He hands Julian the cloak.

specifics:
Wearing the cloak gives you a +3 bonus on stealth rolls in natural environments.

When he listens to Dagmars request he smiles. "Few people when given the chance to claim one of their desires ask for something so selfless. I will be my pleasure to give you this." The fae reaches out and gently grabs Dagmars hand, lifting it up and brongong it to his lips. When he pulls away there is a beautiful silver ring adorned with a spherical saphire and miniscule diamonds surroundig it. "So long as you wear this ring all of your mystical energies devoted to healing will be stronger."

ring:
Any healing spell or effect cast while wearing the ring count as being 'empowered' per the metamagic without any changes to the spell level (this also works with channel positive energy used to heal and healing hex)


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah bows politely. Thank you


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

First blushing a bit as the courteous fae takes her hand, Dagmar then marvels at the beauteous ring that now adorns her finger. She'll give a curtsey to the fae lord. "Thank you lord, it is a very beautiful ring and wondrous gift. It will be of a great help to us I am sure."

Just happens that sapphires are my birthstone. I like the ring. :)


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"Yes, our thanks," He glances to Isham, curious as to what he may yet ask for.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris cautiously observes the fae's responses to his friends. It looks like the fae was serious about giving us boons. He doesn't seem to be up to anything...
Silently listening to his allies' requests and seeing the gifts they are granted in return, Zethyris's suspicion fades.
Well, the offer seems legitimate. But what do I want?
Zethyris thinks furiously. I'm already on an adventure, and I expect it to continue for the foreseeable future. I have friends, we have supplies... I have a fine set of armor already. Perhaps a new sword? But then again, where would he pull one of those out of? Aha! I've got it!
"My lord, you honour me with your offer of a boon. I grew up on the Inner Sea, an area much warmer than here. I'm afraid furs do not do enough to ward against the cold, so if it is within your power, I would like something to help fight off the winter's chill.
With a graceful bow, Zethyris awaits a response from the fae lord.

If this applies:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham exchanges a glance with Anastasiya, and sees her re-considering. So rather than wait until last and final, Isham takes a deep breath, squares his shoulders, and catches the gaze of the Sidhe Lord. "Lord of the Sidhe, as a boon to me I would ask that you, the Emerald Court, and all who owe love or loyalty to the Emerald Court, stand as friend and sworn ally to Savol Kodiakborne and his heirs and assigns, in defense of the people, titles, and estates of these northern lands as governed by Savol's ancestor Ungbhol Kodiak, and that this alliance stand against all incursion and usurption, but particularly in defiance of the blight of Irrissen upon all of the lands and people of the northlands."

'So now let's see if our Lord of the Sidhe here can sign 'em all up for a war against Baba Yaga. I doubt he can do it on his own authority, so I wonder if he's already been deputized, or if he'll need to bring up the Admiral. Or maybe he'll just laugh in my face. I wonder if I can productively press the case?'

'hrmmm... Treaty of Merroh Grove - that has a ring to it...'

@Thorvald - I, at least, didn't miss the question about the saplings. If the player lost track, it's Anastasiya who held back, but no one else has called her on it (or pointed out their character noticing).


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Ana thinks really hard of something else that might help her against her family. Finally she has an idea and asks:
"Can you give me anything to help us to rally allies against my family?"
Because sometimes 20 Cha just isn't enough to convince people.

... and I wouldn't mid if it was made of gemstones and matched my new dress.


"Something to keep you warm and make sure all of your toes stay where they are? I am sure I can provide that. Turning about and searching under his cloak again in such a way that no-one else can see he produces a pair of thick furred knee high hide boots made of an odd leather you've never seen before and hands them to Zethyris. "Wear these and you'll be fine."

Listening to Anastasiya's new request the fae ambassador lets a strange smile cross over his face "You want something to help you rally people to the Kodiak's banner? Alright. I'll give you a choice. I can provide you with a fine banner, OR... You can play a simple game of chance with me." The fae pulls out a large coin made of old brass the size of his palm with a beautiful swan on the visible side and rolls it around his fingers. "I can tell you the location of the Kodiak's first banner, carried centuries ago and thought lost for all time or..."[b] stopping the coin to reveal the second side which is bears a lions head.[b]"I send you somewhere you won't find it but will still find something that could help.. The choice is yours."


since it won't let me edit...

boots:

The wearer is considered under the effects of endure elements for as long as he wears them and they never leak so your feet are always dry too.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Thorvald's head went swimming. The banner of the first Kodiak would be a fabled and revered artifact, but something new and unknown could become a part of the new saga being woven as they spoke a new weapon of other item that could lead his generation to new heights. The banner, was it truly more than a banner? Would the true sons of the north flock to it? Surely it would be a great symbol, but what great secret did the court hold on the tip of the lord's tongue. Thorvald was glad the decision was being left to the Ice Witch, though he was still dumbfounded as to how a princess of Irrisen came to be a speaker of Savol. He imagined the beautiful woman's fingers with spool and shear in hand feeling the threads of fate as she decided which to cut severing it forever and which to weave into what would become the future.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

I had this all written out last night, but somewhere along the line the posting board gremlins apparently et it.

"Great Sidhe Lord, if you would grant a boon, I have a request. I would ask that you, the Emerald court, and all that have love and loyalty for the Emerald court stand in friendship and as sworn allies to Savol Kodiakborne, his heirs and assigns, in defense of the people, estates, and and titles of the northlands as governed by Soval's ancestor Ungbhol Kodiak against all incursions and usurptions, but particularly in defense against the depredations of the Irrissen. I ask this for myself as a boon, but for the benefit of the people of the northlands and their destined sovereign Savol Kodiakborne."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

The Cavalier looks concerned for Ana, This being is generous and terrible at the same time. Be cautious whatever you pick.

But it is Isham's request that pleases him and humbles him both And I thought I had done well to gain a sorely needed messenger for us, Isham still has the larger view. The question is, what sort of allies would they be, and what more might they demand for such an alliance?


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Though Thorvald stood outwardly motionless his mind abruptly changed course. The Garundian had asked the court to enter into a pact, as a speaker of Savol it was his right to do so and spoke with the voice of the Kodiakborn. This was a powerful moment. Savol was returning to be a savior for all the people of the north and for that Thorvald's heart rejoiced, but the specific mention of protection against Irrissen made the blacksmiths blood run cold, what was going on?

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 sense motive

"Something big must be afoot. Here before me stands a princess of Irrissen who should be loyal to those who have killed our people and stolen our lands for over a thousand years. Yet here she stands seeking to help The Mighty Savol in reclaiming his banner and his lands which includes territory occupied by her own flesh and blood. I can sense no falsehood from her and she has befriended the Ulfen Shieldmaiden. These are truly strange days indeed." Facinated he continued to watch the witch trying to maintain at least some sense of wariness, but it proved harder and harder to do so.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris accepts his gift, somewhat distracted by the sudden appearance of a pair of knee-high boots from under the fae's cloak. How did he... heh, better not to know. "Thank you very much, milord. These boots are as fine as I have ever seen."

As Anastasiya is given her offer, Zethyris watches intently. The Kodiakbornes' first banner? That is quite the prize - Savol would jump at the chance to reobtain a family relic like that. And even if if we are sent elsewhere, the fae thinks it would 'help'. Either way, it sounds like an exciting quest. Far more interesting than being given a banner, anyways.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Ooohh, go for the banner. That would be such a wonderful thing to be able to present to Savol. Despite her thoughts, Dagmar remains quiet as Ana tries to choose.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"I'll gamble with you." Ana replies without thinking.

Somewhere, someone who looks just like her is very carefree about cutting the threads of fate.

"Swan: the Kodiak banner, Lion: a surprise. Toss the coin."

Despite the quick answer she seems anxious.
I just hope he is not sending me back to Whitethrone when the lion comes up...


The fae's grin widens as his supple fingers flick the coin high into the air spinning and twirling until it comes back down landing at Anastasiya's feet with the lions face staring up at her.
"Fate has spoken."

coin roll (1 for swan, 2 for lion): 1d2 ⇒ 2


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah just sighs


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Anastasiya's 'choice' nearly has Rutilux sputtering aloud A coin? She leaves things up to a ... oh sweet Inheritor

When it lands lion, Rutlilux speaks up, "Good fey, I hope you will not send her alone? Within this group we are, each in our own way, each other's charges."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Ana sinks to her knees. She picks up the coin and stares at it.

"Lion..." she whispers, to no one in particular.

Finally she looks the fae in the eyes and speaks with a trembling voice
"What now? Will you teleport me somewhere? Or simply give us directions?"


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

So her pride has jepordised us all. She is her mother's child.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"I hope I would have done no less. To achieve much, one must often risk much - and that requires courage. To thrive, courage requires the support of friends and companions."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar groans softly. A coin flip? Really? *sigh* Couldn't you just have taken the original banner? Well, there's no changing the boon now that it has already been asked for..."


"Isham Tabouri of the Rahadoumi, it is true that you all destroyed a terrible beast plaguing our forest but if you think that entitles you to our service against your enemies let alone for the rest of time then you are sorely mistaken!"

Seeing the anger on the fae Andreas quickly steps in, "I am sure that my friend did not mean it that way, great lord of the forests. If he has offended you I apologize because we are all over eager to help Savol in his quest. If you would allow, maybe I could go with you and act as an ambassador of goodwill for the Kodiakborne to you so that we can avoid misunderstandings such as this in the future."

Visibly calming slightly the fae turns back to Isham, "Do you have a request less grand?"

Sorry Isham but that's both something too grand as well as something against one of their prime values, their freedom.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Jediah's remark is just what it needs to turn Anastasiya's tension into anger:

"My pride?! I am my mother's daughter - just as much as you are your father's son, Jediah Mountainstrong! But at least I am trying my best to help our cause. But not you. You wish for a piece of rope. For your climbing hobby. And then you have the impertinence to insult me for how I use my wish?"

She stands in front of him, furious with rage and with tears in her eyes.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

We were offered gifts as appreciation for our acts in the forest. When offered a gift one asks modestly, you see what reaction Isham's request has had and yours will send us farther and farther away from what Savol has asked of us!


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"You speak of my mother so easily. But you don't know how evil and dangerous she is - they all are. We can't afford personal gifts right now - or modesty. If Savol were here, he would understand that."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"Please, Jediah, Anastasiya," Rutilux steps closer to both, his voice gentle and calm, "Perhaps now is not the time, given the guest present, to be seen at odds with other? Whatever opinions maybe at play, it is done. Perhaps this will lead to something of great use to Savol's cause, perhaps it won't. Either way, we will find out together." "Please."


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris follows the coin's arcing trajectory with his eyes. Lion, he thinks as he sees it land. Zethyris privately wonders if the coin was weighted, but it is an idle thought. Even if it was, he wouldn't want to bring it up with the fae - to accuse him of cheating would obviously be a bad idea. Let's see how this turns out.
The sudden bickering among his allies perplexes Zethyris. "Come now, there's no need to argue amongst ourselves. If Savol had the option, I'm sure he would have done the same. This isn't necessarily the lesser result, just the less assured one."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"Lord Sidhe please accept my assurance that I meant no offense. I believe there are common interests at stake between the Emerald Court and the Kodiakborne - particularly with respect to the Irrissen. I don't believe the fae will benefit with Eternal Winter at their doorstep. But my belief may be too assertive and presumptuous. I hope that this grove may serve as a means for us to discuss mutual interests when the time is more ripe."

"You have generously asked if there is some more modest boon I would request. Rather than risk any further misunderstanding or misstep, I would request something you have already shown a willingness to grant. Will you tell me the location of the Kodiak's first banner?"

'and I deeply hope that he wasn't playing games with us - if he doesn't actually know the location and rigged the coin flip, I think we may be likely to die here, or be dispatched to a certain doom. I can only hope this Sidhe will find this maneuver clever enough to be amusing'

@Anastasia - hope you don't mind my poaching your swan :)


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasiya stops her rant to look at Rutilux and Zethyris.

"Yes, you are right ..." she finally says. She takes a deep breath before she continues. "Thank you. And sorry."

She turns to the fae lord "I apologize. My emotions got the better of me. Please be so kind to show us what my price will be. It is not knowing that makes us get emotional. And when you send me somewhere, please consider Rutilux' request of sending all of us together."
... especially Jediah. And send him in first, too. So he can scout ahead and make sure there's nothing my pride can jeopardize.

@Isham: no I don't mind at all. Good luck on your coin flip!


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Wow, that was close! He almost got turned into a newt! These speakers of Savol don't all speak with one voice. This petty bickering is embarrassing. At least the shieldmaiden is not a part of it and Rutilux does appear to be on top of things. Eight of these people came out of the forest, but only 6 acorns were planted the circle is incomplete. If the Sidhe doesn't end up smiting us all I will have to make mention of it.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Sorry, I somehow missed planting Zethyris's acorn. He would have done it with the rest of them. I think only Ana held out.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

@zethyris - maybe Andreas as well as Anastasiya.

@thorvald - if you're embarrassed by internal squabbling, then you should consider carefully whether squabbling about the acorns might be embarrassing.

951 to 1,000 of 4,159 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.