Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


851 to 900 of 4,787 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah just sighs, utterly out of his element with all the twisting of time by the fae.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

During the evening, Isham will put forward his proposal to Dolva and Thorvan, with the rest of the group in attendance, "I propose that we all contribute our dryad-given acorns, and plant them to establish a grove of oaks near the edge of the forest - preferably on a hill. I'd like to carve a plaque (in stone) in both Sylvan and Skald dedicating the grove to Ungrill's memory, and as a place for Fae and Humans to discuss their differences and disputes. Dolva, can you and your folk commit to tending such a grove, and meeting in good faith and openness with whatever fae folk might present themselves to speak? Is there a religious leader in the village that might lend some divine support?"

If everyone is agreeable, Isham proposes that the grove be established the following morning as a memorial to Ungrill, and that the plaque be engraved during the day.

After logistics are established for the following day, Isham will raise a more serious point.

"One of the topics I believe the people of Merroh and the Fae should discuss is a misunderstanding that has caused the Fae to keep the people of Merroh out of the woods for years. The creature that Ungrill slew, and that claimed Ungrill's son, also menaced the fae. They have held the folk of Merroh responsible for the release of the beast (which they call "Devourer") into their wood. Fair or not, there was no avenue to resolve the issue. That should not be allowed to happen again."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah agrees to give up his acorn.


Dagmar if your reading the book:

I had more but my notes got deleted by my daughter (18 months old and loves my tablet)
There are still a few pages that can be read, all written in skald. The earlier parts seem to be the personal journal of a boy from this village that wasn't very strong or very good at building but had a quick wit and tried to use that to help out the village. He left the village twelve years ago in hopes of finding more merchants to buy their lumber to help them compete with the much larger lumber towns the surround the forest. In his travels he met a Varisian merchant that seemed quite interested in his town and their lumber exports. He wanted to bring this merchant back with him to the forest but the merchant felt his presence may upset the local fae since he was a foreigner so the merchant convinced him to take a gift from him to the fae and offered him a large reward as a commission for helping to set up their new business deal. With his money he bought a beautiful Varisian wedding dress hoping that this success would earn him the eye of a Gwendolyn in town and that she would marry him. With his newfound money and the present for the fae, a small statue of a sleeping serpent creature he entered the forest. The last note is hastily scribbled but it says clearly "What have I done? This is all Bert" the writing ends abruptly and there are blood droplets on the page.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"I still worry about giving up the acorn when we may need it to safely treat with the fae of the wood, yet... with one of our number staying behind to represent Lord Kodiakborne, I suppose that concern is less valid than it would otherwise be. I'll yield up my acorn too."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

@DM-ARC - oh yeah, and we read the book too :) I actually was thinking about that as we were looking at treasure stuffs, but you ninja'd me.
also... is Gwendolyn still around?
and... is it possible that merchant is the one that set up the town just south of here? I'd bet the fae would love to have his head on a plate.
That's why you 'da DM :)


I do that a lot


To find answers to those two questions you'll have to do it in through rping


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

In a few spare moments, Dagmar takes the time to flip through the mostly ruined book. Wonder if there is anything in here that would be of interest to Jild?

While reading the book, a few of the things click in her head with their recent adventure and Dagmar will attempt to gather the group together for a moment to mention what she read in it.

"This book we found is the remains of a journal, listen to this and tell me what you all think. The earlier parts seem to be the personal journal of a boy from this village that wasn't very strong or very good at building but had a quick wit and tried to use that to help out the village. He left the village twelve years ago in hopes of finding more merchants to buy their lumber to help them compete with the much larger lumber towns the surround the forest. In his travels he met a Varisian merchant that seemed quite interested in his town and their lumber exports. He wanted to bring this merchant back with him to the forest but the merchant felt his presence may upset the local fae since he was a foreigner so the merchant convinced him to take a gift from him to the fae and offered him a large reward as a commission for helping to set up their new business deal. With his money he bought a beautiful Varisian wedding dress hoping that this success would earn him the eye of a Gwendolyn in town and that she would marry him. With his newfound money and the present for the fae, a small statue of a sleeping serpent creature he entered the forest. The last note is hastily scribbled but it says clearly "What have I done? This is all Bert" the writing ends abruptly and there are blood droplets on the page.

Dagmar looks up from the remains of the book. "Now, doesn't that present sound just a bit suspicious?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

"What was the name of the fellow at the lumber camp? Bertram or something? 'This is all Bert'...ram's something or other? Perhaps he might have more answers."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"If that headman is.. 'Bert...<argh>', then perhaps his surrender is the penance that would satisfy the fae. And I think they would appreciate it if he were made vulnerable through his greed. Perhaps he could be tempted here if he thought there were some advantage to be had?"

To Dolva, "Is Gwendolyn still among your people?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux listens and considers, "If we find further evidence that 'Bert' was to blame, that maybe all that is needed to sway the fae they should cease their ban on the people of this town. A lot may depend on Gwendolyn."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Depending on how time passes, in the forest, she might not even be alive.


Dolva seems lost in though while Dagmar reads from the journal until his thoughts are disturbed by Isham asking his question. "huh, oh sorry what was that you were asking? Gwendolyn? Yes, I remember a young lass by that name. No she's gone. She got married and moved to Trollhiem I believe. Wait, Bertram? Are you saying that fiend turned the fae against us so he could take over our lumber, our way of life? I'll kill him!"


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anchor: Detect Magic: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Unidentified potion: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 (with the help of rat sniffing at it)

"Dagmar? Can you take a look at these things, please?"

* * * * *

Ana turns pale when she hears that they have been missing a whole month.
A whole month ... we really are running out of time.

* * * * *

Ana asks Dolva "You know that Bertram? Who is he? Where can we find him?"

"Maybe we should keep our acorns a while longer, at least until we resolved this Bertram situation," she suggests to Isham.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"It is too soon to be sure of anything so concrete, Dolva, we should not act rashly. We have only speculation."


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"Yes, it could be any of the dozens upon dozens of men named 'Bert' in their camp."


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

"For all we know, the boy may have been trapped in a fae illusion where it seemed Bert... was doing... something. The Varisian fellow, who may or may not be Bertram, did send a gift to the fae; there's too much speculation to really get to the bottom of this. We need more information."


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Thorvald listened to what the group had to say, Dagmar's hypothesis sounded like it made sense on many levels. He could understand why the fae would blame the Ulfen based on her scenario because a native of the area had brought with him the taint into the forest. It would also explain why Thorvald and his people had been shunned by the fae despite their best efforts to live in harmony with them. For over 1400 years these lands had been occupied by his forefathers and yet they were barred entry to the wood while the southerners and their methods of taking from the woods had been ignored.

If what the Ulfen maiden said was true then this Bert or Bertram, or whomever he may be, not only had the blood of his cousin and the ruination of his uncle on his hands, but the honor of his entire birth village had been besmirched. The very life blood of his people had been sacrificed so that the greedy southerners could log and haul with impunity and without competition.

Hearing Dolva speak roused Thorvald. As Ungrill's brother, Dolva did have the right of first vengeance. Thorvald thought darkly that Dolva's long knife would be too good for the fiend, better to turn the offender over to the fae, their ways would be so much more . . . satisfying.

However Rutilux and Zethyris gave good counsel, ”If it is true Dolva I will help you in seeking justice and see that it is done. If the maiden is right then this man is responsible for the deaths of our kin and for turning the very lands of our birth against us. But before we take action we must be sure that we have the truth of the matter as much as I would like to follow my heart on this and ride south immediately.”

Thank you Dagmar, for those words you have read may have given answers for what we have been asking for years. Since we have been forbidden to go into the forest we would never have been able to get this information without your help. Can you read the name of the boy who was killed? His family should be told of what death he has found.”

”When Isham spoke of making peace with the fae I felt more like making war with them, now in light of this I can see where they would have taken offense. The person or people who have put our worlds at odds must be punished. This grove makes sense to me now especially if it can lead to better communication and prevent this sort of strife in the future. Growing up I lived among the fae, swimming in their waters and living off the land as they did. I learned Sylvan in the process and always made sure to speak with the spirits and the tree before I made harvest. I will try to go back into the forest to make amends with the fae with your permission Dolva. The speakers of Savol have already spoken to the Dryad and have been allowed to tread where we have not, perhaps they will help us in this matter.They have powers that we do not at their disposal.”

Thorvald faces each member of the group.

”Will you help us? . . . “


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"My thought was to invite Bertram to town as an 'honored guest' at a memorial service to Ungril - the one establishing the grove - and baiting the invitation with the deceit that with Ungril's passing, an opportunity to 'do business'. Once he has come, my hope is that someone with a clever tongue might convince him to brag of his accomplishment these 12 years ago. I think if Bertram were to confess his crimes over the grave of his victim, in a place newly dedicated for man and fae to converse, that Trollheim might simply cease to be an issue"


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"Dolva correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe any in the southerners camp will be moved in any way at Ungrill's death. I believe that the accused would speak most freely in the safety of his own town and away from possible vengeful brethren of his victim. You are not all from here. Perhaps it would be easier for you to go to him and could convince him that there is some advantage to get him to speak of his crimes, if they are his of course. I have no interest in smiting him like a sheep if he is innocent."

"In return for your assistance I could offer my skills as a metal worker, my people have suffered greatly and have little in the way of coin."

I am really looking forward to hear Ana's story both in and out of character. Also is anyone carrying Ungrill's axe openly?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris grins. "I'm glad to be of service, Thorvald."

"That plan interests me, Isham. Perhaps Jediah and I can convince him to share a drink... or a dozen. Thorvald does raise a good point though. Perhaps if we returned, asking to purchase some lumber? Late in the evening, so we would have to stay the night?"


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

I'm game.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"Thorvald, I think you're an honorable man who deals with honorable men. I have spent far too much time among scoundrels and pirates. I believe if Bertram could be convinced there was advantage to be taken, he would trek here for that reason, under an assumed mantel of righteousness. Such a false conceit often has its own appeal for such a one.
I admit, coaxing Bertram to a confession would require guile - guile beyond my capacity. But if such a thing were possible, I think greed, overconfidence, and overweening pride would be the keys to unlock it."

Isham has Ungrill's axe. It's wrapped (so as not to offend the fae on the trek back) and strapped to Isham's pack. It's not worn as a 'ready weapons'.


Dolva"Not in any respectable way, no. Ungrill was never one to make friends. Especially foreigners."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"I'm not entirely comfortable with some of the proposed tactics myself," the Cavalier admits with some concern.


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"Poison the drink, bedtime, give him to the fae. They've got magic, let them figure out what he did."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux winces at the word 'poison'.

As he considers the code he lives by and what it may mean, he remembers something Thorvald said, "You are a metalworker, Thorvald? Perhaps we could ask you to fit some armor."


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

Thorvald pulls himself up and is obviously proud of his trade. Those with knowledge of Ulfen customs know that smiths are held in high regard in the north.

"Yes I am indeed. I saw that you returned with some of my fallen kin's armor that you paid the iron price for, it would honor both him and me if you would wear it in the service of our rightful lord. I would be proud to be of service to one of Savol's speakers. "

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 smithing check for later when her performs the work


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"We have half plate armor, one set I was hoping to fit to me. If you can help with that, I'd be grateful."


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"Yes definately, one of those suits was made for a man close to your stature. We shall take measurements before the pyre.

ARC:
With that good a roll can I fit the armor well enough to make it agile? It looks like I would need dc 20 for that and I bettered that. Was there a masterwork suit of half plate?


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"Rutilux, I understand your hesitance, however the thought here is to let evil be its own enemy and undoing. I also think we should determine the culpability of this Bertram before we hand him across to the fae - we have only speculation and inference so far. If the man is true, then we do no worse than to invite him to honor a fallen comrade, and perhaps discuss business. If not, then we can take great steps in righting an old wrong."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux thanks Thorvald "No rush, Thorvald, and thank you again."

Quote:
"Rutilux, I understand your hesitance, however the thought here is to let evil be its own enemy and undoing. I also think we should determine the culpability of this Bertram before we hand him across to the fae - we have only speculation and inference so far. If the man is true, then we do no worse than to invite him to honor a fallen comrade, and perhaps discuss business. If not, then we can take great steps in righting an old wrong."

"Well, what you propose may endanger fewer lives than a blunt approach." He admits reluctantly, "Very well, for justice's sake."


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"Isham, you are understanding that those at the camp are not our people and Ungrill was not their comrade, in fact quite the opposite. I also have no idea who this Bertram is. There is no love between our houses."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"Your houses may yet have to mend fences. As Lord Kodiakborne's wisdom and strength becomes known, even outsiders not of the Ulfen may seek his shielding arm and rule. Particularly when cold threats come for all, there will be strength in numbers. I cannot imagine that those that decide to embrace his rule and serve honorably in his name will be turned away." Rutilux says thinking of what Aya said about the coming danger. I thought I would be an oddity here, but it becomes clear to me that by the time we are done, the more traditional Ulfen may wonder if they somehow lost their lands after all. We must help them see that this change is not a loss so much as a tempering. The steel of their resolve shall face heat no sword ever bore, and find itself tested in dangerous waters as cold as ice itself.


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"They are known as nomads itinerant charlatans, though they are also gifted storytellers, talented singers and are blessed with inherent good looks. These Varisians settled south of us and brought their mule trains with all manner of cutting implements and large circular saws turned by draft animals in a carousel. Their camp has cut stacks upon stacks of different cuts of lumber which are carted out by the wagonload, while my people starved and our homes fell to ruin. We allowed them to move here, we did not trouble them or raid their camp and now it seems they may have murdered on of our own and turned the fae against us. This cannot stand. I had no direct quarrel with them until today, but I intend to have the truth of what they are about. Did you come across a man named Bertram there?"


No you can't upgrade it to agile half-plate but you can fit it faster so you can fit both suits for them with one day of work (a full day smithing)

Dolva"Thorvald, the merchant who owns and runs the lumber camp name is Bertram. He is the only person I know of with a similar name. I just wish I could think of who the journal could have belonged to. Isham, I don't know how you would be able to get Bertram to come here because we have nothing he wants and he refuses to hire Ulfen to even work for him."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Perhaps he fears any Ulfen he hired would learn the truth? Anyhow, perhaps we could figure out who Gwendolyn is first and then should could tell us the man identity? How many young women in this village share that name and would be of the appropriate age? I'm guessing that they would have to have been at least old enough to consider a marriage proposal around the time that the beast first appeared and your folk became forbidden from going far into the woods. So add those years together and surely there will only be a handful at most of Gwendolyns for us to choose from. Then ask from those who had a young suitor at about that time that mysteriously disappeared? For surely he was devoured by the beast since we found his journal in its lair."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"He refuses to hire Ulfen? He's an idiot. I'm of Cheliaxian descent, but one thing I've noticed is your people fight, play AND work with great intensity and effort. They push themselves in everything they do." He shakes his head thinking of someone stupid enough to alienate natives.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"It seems quite reasonable to me to not hire Ulfen as lumberjacks - when you have seen to it that they can no longer enter the forest." she puts extra emphasis on the second part.

"Thats kind of a disadvantage for a lumberjack, isn't it? Now, how do we get hold of this Bertram? We could try some elaborate scheme: tell him Savol wants to do business with him, promise him money, then lure him into the forest under a pretense. But he is probably too clever to fall for that. We might as well try a more direct approach, like sneaking into his home at night and abducting him. Its about as unlikely to succeed, but it would be faster."


Dolva"The only Gwendolyn that I remember, well the only one that would be an appropriate age married and moved away. Gwendolyn is not a common name in this village, unless the journal speaks of one from another village he could have met on his travels. Bah, if only my old brain could remember any young men that left, but its so long ago."
Cad Dolva's grandson who has been sitting quietly the entire time while the adults have been discussing such important matters asks a question like only children can, "Why don't you just give the book to the She?" after piping up and having everyone look at him he slaps his hands over his mouth and turns beet red. "Sorry."

knowledge nature DC 20:
The Sidhe are rumoured to be the closest thing that fae/fey have to nobility or royalty. Appearing most often as idealized or perfect humanoids. They are cunning and powerful and rarely treat with mortals.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

"Well, from what I remember back in Tweyd, we do need lumber and firewood. Perhaps we can meet with Bertram about that - remember we DID mention we'd keep him in mind for that. After sealing a deal, merchants tend to get much more open with their customers. Perhaps we could convince him to let us stay the night, and over drinks see if he will confess something. I'm sure he'd love to brag about his operation, and some pointed questions by someone who's had a few less drinks may reveal something of use."

DM wrote:
Cad, who has been sitting quietly the entire time while the adults have been discussing such important matters, asks a question like only children can: "Why don't you just give the book to the She?" after piping up and having everyone look at him he slaps his hands over his mouth and turns beet red. "Sorry."

Zethyris arches one eyebrow and looks at Dolva inquisitively. "The 'She'?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"Can there not be an honorable way to ..." A pause as Cad speaks up, "The She? No need to apologize, lad. Who is this lady you speak of?"


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Knowledge nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Stupid kid. Doesn't even know grammar. That should be 'to her' and not 'to the she'.
And I was so happy that I picked that skill when I leveled up.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah just has his chin in his hand, wondering just how more complicated this entire thing can get.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Apparently Isham has been reviewing everything he knows about the fae recently...

"Part of the reason I suggest the subterfuge is because the Sidhe tend to regard all humans as one lumpen group - much as we tend to regard the fae. I think they're as like to take the book as a confession, and exact revenge on us all together. If we present them with the culprit, the evidence, and the explanation, they're less likely to be indiscriminate - regard us as having 'policed our own'."

Noting the somewhat blank looks around the table, Isham will expound a bit, "Oh, and the Sidhe are a stripe of fae - 'high fae' if you will. As a group they're extremely arrogant, extremely powerful, and profoundly unpredictable. They also organize themselves into 'courts', and have an internal nobility and titles. They would say that our human institutions are an ungracious aping of the style, grace, and complexity of their arrangements."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"I have some training in noble discourse. We have been told that with the acorns we will not be harmed. Maybe it is indeed too soon to turn those acorns over. I see your logic, Isham, but the acorns might keep us safe while we try to sway them. "


Male Human, Ulfen Init +3 Senses +10, AC: 23, T: 12, FF: 23 vs traps 25, hp 65, Fort +8, Ref +5, +7vs traps, Will +5

"The fae held you for a month. Did the one who gave you the acorns give you it's name?"


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

"To us, we were only in the company of the fae for one night, and we did not get a name out of her. She didn't give it, and we didn't ask it."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (HP:49/58)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"Actually," Rutilux considers, "She said we wouldn't be able to pronounce her actual name but to call her 'Redwyn' if I recall. She was very lovely, a bit quick to judge, but seemed open to listen and generous in her way."

851 to 900 of 4,787 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.