Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


701 to 750 of 4,450 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"I thought that was his attempt at flirting, not taunting." Not that I've had anyone flirt with me in a while to know the difference. Of course I also don't walk around in naught but a few leaves.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

I'll just wait on my previous question before asking more...
Zethyris accepts the acorn, examining it curiously. Seem normal enough... if it does as she says, we may get out of this alive.
A smile grudgingly returns to Zethyris's face as food is brought out and Julian begins posing his... awkward questions.

Unfortunately the rest of our gifts are back in the village, but we might get lucky...
Zethyris pulls his skin of strong northern ale from his pack, and offers it to the fae, if she is interested.
If not, he shares it with his companions as they consume their simple but nourishing forest fare.
The horses and such are back at the house, right? Zethyris has his wineskin on him, but I think that's all we have in the way of gifts for the fae, unless we try what we got from the cave.


"Is that an invitation?" She eyes Julian up and down before laughing, "Silly mortal, my tree is how I 'eat' it soaks up nutrients from the earth and sun from the sky. And as for how we come to be or more like procreate I think you're still a few years too young. Come back when you've grown a full beard and I'll show you." she says in a sultry voice. Turning to Rutilux's questions still with a smirk upon her lips, "If we told you what we thought was worthy then you wouldn't really be worthy now would you? She paused and thinks about his second question. "I think the best way to answer your second question is to tell you how the oak came to be.
Long ago, many years before your gods became gods and all of the mortal races were still young, emotions were fresh and ideas and thoughts could give birth. I am speaking of course of the The First World. When your ancestors were just starting to evolve beyond living in a cave and scavenging not unlike the being you all call 'animals' these things feelings that later became known as emotions first appeared. They were like many things back then, unformed and mercurial. As these emotions spread and grew in power they became more like an entity unto themselves and anything they touched they absorbed part of becoming more distinct and powerful, yet they also left some of themselves each time as well so that in time every being had a small piece of every emotion, happiness and curiosity, fear and apprehension, beauty and adoration. The problem was many of the original entities didn't want to share and thus the first wars occurred, not the same kind of wars as you play at now but something entirely you wholesome. Each entity and those creatures that held more of that emotion than other fought and tore out the other emotions until finally one cried stop! This entity which you would call wisdom could bear the battles no longer, knowing in its heart that the only thing that would occur would be the destruction of all thongs that the entities had created together. Wisdom drew itself in and buried itself into the earth taking with it every part of itself that it had given for nothing that made war with others was worthy of it. Shocked at this turn of events the other entities stopped for a time unsure what to do until a small tree began to grow upon the spot where wisdom left, a tree that was pure white. And it grew and grew until its branches reached the heavens and its leaves blocked out the sun. Sensing wisdom had become something more some of the other entities reached out to it and the tree bore nuts, enough for all to eat, giving of itself freely beyond concern for those who walked beneath its boughs. Thus was the first oak born. Afterwards other entities/emotions followed wisdom drawing within themselves to become something more. For each dominant emotion grew an oak until only the most base and negative emotions remained, fear, hatred, envy all too small alone joined and from that point grew a second massive oak, as tall and as great as the first but it was the opposite in all other ways, where the first was was this was a black deeper than pitch and while the white was smooth, the black was twisted and bumpy. Where the white oak gave freely of its nuts, the black oak instead fed on those who would gain nourishment from it.
Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux's brow knits, and then he finally says, "I confess, I do not think I do. Perhaps you are warning us not to take the seeds of fear, hatred, and envy into ourselves less they take root in our souls. Perhaps I misunderstand entirely. Others in the party are wiser than I, and thus can it can be said they've been on a steady diet of white oak acorns where I have only nibbled." he gives a small smile at that.


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"I'm not flirting! I'm curious. She said we could ask anything!"

After the long speech, he says, "Er, are you saying the black oak is bad? How come we've never heard of these ...'living emotions' ...it sounds dubious, pardon me."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham tucks away the acorn granting passage. He eats the food the fae lass has put before him.

"Is it true, as I've heard, that the fae value both the fruit of the white and the black oak, seeing both as part of the original creation and true parts of the original creation?"

"As a human, as a man living among other men, I embrace the teachings of the light oak, and of wisdom. I recognize the dark in the world, and that it has its own vitality. But for me and mine, I would keep the actions and the outcomes of the black oak far from our doorstep."

"There was a clan many years ago that lived near here. They left, or were driven out, depending on the telling. They took up the black oak as their crest, though it is not clear to me whether they venerate it or take it as a trophy of adversity overcome. Do you know anything of this Oakrun clan?"

"The villagers of Merroh - did their previous forestry practices give offense? Were they mindful to replant where they harvested? Did they respect marks laid out for ancient growths or places requiring veneration? I hear you say that they released the Devourer - did they do this because they were poor stewards of the wood? Did they understand what they did? Can the fae provide guidance to help them understand, when they do not have the same connection to the natural world that the fae do?"


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"Is there some clear water nearby? Some place where I can wash myself? I feel quite dirty after wading through mud all day and swimming in that monster's pond."

Assumung Redwyn tells Ana where to find water:
"Thank you. Do you want to join me, Dagmar?"

At the water, she is in the middle of undressing, when she suddenly stops to look at the surroundings.
I wonder if anyone is watching us. Either one of our own men, or perhaps a Satyr? Can you smell anyone, Rat?
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
But she sees nothing.

After she freshened up, Ana returns to the glade, sits down and eats.

She is not paying much attention to the story of the oak.
Gods, what a boring monologue. And all the men are hanging on her lips.
"In other words: you wouldn't mind if someone cut down a black oak - because it is evil?"

Later that night, when fondled by Redwyn:

Redwyn:
Ana doesn't move when she whispers: "How much time do we have left? ... Will you help us fight Irrisen?"
She turns around to see Redwyn's face. "They are your enemy too."


"I am not saying that Black Oak is bad or good, it is closer to what Isham is saying. Julian, I had not heard of you until you walked into our forest so did you not exist until that time? I doubt this 'Oakrun' family understand the true significance of their symbol and more wear it as a sign that they have overcome one of the challenges of your world. Zethyris I know not what you would call the devourer for it was certainly not one of our kind. Yes there is a pond on the other side of my oak that you can relax in."

Anastasiya:
"We will always fight her. We do not know how much time you have but expect signs to show before the seasons turn full circle."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Redwyn:

"Do you know what is going happen? Is she trying to expand her territory?"


Anastasiya:
"She has always wanted everything."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Redwyn:

"Then what stopped her all these years? Why now?"
Are we waiting for Reign of Winter to come out?


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar is quite happy to go with Ana to the pond to clean up. She rather hates being caked in mud and feels even more self-conscious around the attractive fae. Later when Ana looks around suddenly, Dagmar gives a little laugh. "Don't worry Ana, I doubt any of the men bothered to follow us. Not with the leaf queen to look at."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux watches the ladies go ,and is tempted to advise them to be careful, but then he realizes that might insult both them, and their hostess.

He listens to Isham and the fae, hoping to learn what he can, and eats his meal quietly.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"Yes. You are right. By now they probably have already forgotten that we exist ... What's your opinion on all this? Do you believe her that it was the Ulfen who set that monster free?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"It is certainly possible. Though I'd be willing to believe it was an accident rather than anything intentional. Unless of course the southerners did and framed the Ulfen for unfettered access to the forest. But how would we be able to find out for sure?"


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Zzzzzzzzzzz.. Jediah is snoring away, dreaming of ladies of stature of Aretha Franklin(Before she went way to over the line of course. Jediah has his limits.[)


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Julian shrugs and eats his meal in silence. Fae are even weirder than roundeyes. And wood, no matter how pleasing the shape, is still wood, is it not? I think half these men want to ファック it. No splinters in my ちんぽこ thank you very much.


If anyone has any more questions or wants to do something before morning please post. If not, I will be moving on tomorrow.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

All set.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Good to go.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Noting the ladies returning, Isham looks appraisingly at them, "I've told the lads you ladies clean up nicely. I appreciate your efforts on my behalf earlier, and enduring the grime from the mud I was wallowing in. Now that you remind me of civilized behavior, I believe I'll go scrape the last of that mud off myself as well. Please do pardon me."

~~~

And Isham will go bathe briefly as well. Although divesting himself of all other clothes and possessions, he retains Redwyn's acorn in contact with his skin.

"How intriguing. Without being religious, their allegories may be more history than not, and the distinction seems to make no difference to the truth in them."

As he bathes, Isham mulls the earlier discussion with Redwyn. He contemplates the reflections of the moonlight in the water, and lets his thoughts follow the ripples his washing raises in the water.

~~~~

"Redwyn, please tell me if I overstep the bounds of your hospitality, but will you instruct us in how to harvest a spray of black oak, in a manner that will not earn us the enmity of the fae folk?"

"The acorns you have gifted us, will they grow in soils outside this wood? And will you recognize the fruit of such an oak as your token?"


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

To Dagmar: "We should ask the Ulfen for their side of the story, once we return to their village. At least they should be able to explain themselves without speaking in riddles ... Lets go back to the glade, shall we?"

I'm ready to move on.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

To Ana: "We can ask them, though if the person who released it was also killed by it, none of the Ulfen would know about it."

ready to move on too. :)


got a family issue tonight so I'll update tomorrow


"I shouldn't be surprised, you humans have always taken whatever gifts have been offered and always asked 'is that it?' since we first helped you out of your caves. Yes the acorns will grow into oak trees but any acorns from that tree won't give you the freedom to roam this forest."

-----

The next morning Redwyn is waiting for all of you with another feast of berries and nuts as well as fresh hot loaves of bread shaped like cornucopia horns and roasted quails. After you all have your fill she points out which direction the nearest Black Oak is as well as how to get back to the town of Merroh.

Sorry, family stuff had me outta town for a while


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah dines on the bread and quail and politely thanks the drayd and gears up for further questing.


You should all decide whether you're turning back or continuing on


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

I think we should travel to the black oak.


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"Why the hell else are we here, eating enough fruits and berries to give us diarrhea for a year?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"Thank you again for the meal," Rutilux says to their hostess that morning as they dine.

Ignoring Julian's talk of diarrhea (And at breakfast, no less) he nods in agreement with Jediah. "We have come this far. And we need to try to build peace between our lord's future subjects and the fae while we are at it."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

That morning Ana isn't eating very much. She seems gloomy.

She slowly nods when Jediah suggest going to the black oak.
"We need to hasten. There's little time." she says ominously.

When Rutilux mentions building peace with the fae, she takes the initiative: "Redwyn, will you and your people fight on our side against the coming of winter? Can you put your quarrel with the locals aside for the time being?"

To the group she says: "Can we trust the people of Merroh? I am thinking of leaving it to them to rally the Oakrun people. They can craft the shield if we give them the wood. Perhaps they could also act as our emissaries and bring it to the Oakrun. Meanwhile we can already go to the next tribe on our list. We really don't have much time."


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris munches on his breakfast, eager to set off.

Anastasiya wrote:
"Can we trust the people of Merroh? I am thinking of leaving it to them to rally the Oakrun people. They can craft the shield if we give them the wood. Perhaps they could also act as our emissaries and bring it to the Oakrun. Meanwhile we can already go to the next tribe on our list. We really don't have much time."

Zethyris looks at Anastasiya curiously. "What do you mean by 'not much time'? I'm not sure that Merroh will be as receptive to us once we return Ungrill's body, and I doubt they would be as successful as us in attempting to sway the Oakrun clan. It seems to me that we should handle that task."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"We were entrusted with the duty to talk these tribes ourselves, I would rather not delegate that responsibility to anyone else."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)
Quote:
When Rutilux mentions building peace with the fae, she takes the initiative: "Redwyn, will you and your people fight on our side against the coming of winter? Can you put your quarrel with the locals aside for the time being?"

"Coming of Winter? Why does it sound like you're not just talking about the natural season?"

He considers, "As for the rest...I think we should tell the people of Merroh the truth, openly and honestly as we return Ungril's body. First, they've done nothing to us to prove they don't deserve honorable treatment. Secondly, their reaction to the tale may reveal much about them."


"We will do as we have always done. Protect that which is ours against anyone who threatens."

GM NUDGE:

Who is carrying the book you found in the beast's lair?


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

I don't recall seeing a book on the list of things in the beast's lair, but if there was one then Dagmar would want to carry it so that she can show it to Jild when she returns to camp.

"Plus if we tell them why can't go far into the forest anymore they will try to figure out their own way to atone to the fae."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Phew, for a moment there I mis-read this as "[We will] protect that witch, [who] is one of ours, against anyone who threatens".


I refer to the soggy mostly ruined book that was inside the saddlebags


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

a little out of sequence - back to the previous evening...

Redwyn wrote:
"I shouldn't be surprised, you humans have always taken whatever gifts have been offered and always asked 'is that it?' since we first helped you out of your caves. Yes the acorns will grow into oak trees but any acorns from that tree won't give you the freedom to roam this forest."

"Please do not misunderstand. I was apparently inept and over-literal in applying the principle of the white oak. I do plan to surrender the privilege you've conferred on me to contribute to the benefit of the community of Merroh. Perhaps my companions will also contribute, and we can plant a grove at the verge of the wood - a place for fae and human to meet and discuss. Perhaps that might be a more nuanced application of the lesson of the white oak. The fruits of your reward to us may become a venue creating improved understanding for generations to come. And teh people of Merroh can demonstrate their commitment through their stewardship of such a grove."

~~~~
in the morning...

To the group, "I think Zethyris and Dagmar have a point. We have undertaken this task for ourselves, and should not delegate it.
As to Merroh, as Rutilux says, I think if we can set the conditions for Ulfen and fae to speak peaceably, and with common understanding of the events of the past, then they will find their own best accomodation. If we try to force a peace, it is not likely to be a durable one."


consensus seems to be continue

Acorns clasped tightly in your hands you continue farther into the forest. With the help of the acorns power there's no fog to be seen and as far as you can see the true and surreal beauty of the woods surrounds you. Redwyn's directions lead you up over several hills and require you to wade through an icy and fast moving river. Tying off a rope Isham volunteers to cross through the river first due to his years of experience at sea battling hurricanes and tidal pulls. Slowly and surely he moves through the water carefully placing his feet before inching his way across until he arrives at the other side with steam roiling off of him. Hands numb from the cold it takes him several tries before he can properly secure the other side of the rope and allow everyone else across.
Can everyone please make fortitude saves for me
Huddling at the other side around a small fire of the few twigs and branches dry enough to support a flame trying to wring enough water out of your clothes and enough heat into your bodies to continue onwards. According to Redwyn you should be half way there. The forest I becoming quieter and more subdued the farther you travel past the river and where once the trees were every shade of green, now they are a mix of greens and browns. This part of the forest looks like it is in the middle of a drought with bone dry needles and branches snapping under your feet with every step. The biggest problem you all have is that you're all still freezing from the river but if you start a fire here it will surely spread throughout the forest in a flash. Late into the day a strange sound begins to seep into you ears unrecognizable until you abruptly step out into a clearing.

The low sounds of moaning pervade the area, the sounds of thousands of voices in rapture, coming from the strange shape in the centre of the clearing.

A large and impossibly twisted oak tree with black, tarry bark dominates the centre and the sounds seem to be coming from the quite large hollow beneath its roots. If straight the tree would probably measure two or more hundred feet but it is so twisted and curled that the top most branches barely reach above sixty feet. There are very few leaves on the oak and each one appears to be bug eaten and covered with some form of mould but hanging from the tree are dozens of vines, each supporting bushels of small fruits not unlike grapes that are a bright and juicy red.
"Welcome, welcome, strangers," comes the sound of an incredibly sultry and seductive voice that appears to be in the throws of passion, "Join us and live every pleasure imaginable."
Can I also get will saves from everyone

DM SCREEN:

Isham swim check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Fort save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Jediah's nigh heroic endurance allows him to stomp through the cold at a steady pace.

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Jediah shakes his head and looks around the clearing warily. If that is a save I sense trouble here. This sounds like too many stories where some bait is laid for victims.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Fort save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Rutilux was confident going in, but clearly, he has underestimated the cold of the north, or at least its rivers.

Will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Assuming that made it "Lovely voice... but... we have a duty to attend to." As if reminding himself.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4


Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 31/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+4 R:+9 (+11 vs traps) W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The cold of the river chills Zethyris to the bone. He tries recollecting the days of hunting pirates in the hot, steamy tropics with Isham, but it doesn't seem to help. At all. In fact, it probably makes it worse.

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 15 +2 if enchantment - forgot this on the previous saves, but I think it turned out to be irrelevant

As they enter the clearing, Zethyris inhales sharply through his teeth and rests his hand on his rapier's hilt.
Sense motive (gut feeling about the tree/voice): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

If he makes his will save:
He checks to make sure he has his acorn, and upon finding it his eyes narrow. "Either the fae lied, or this is not of their influence."


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"No Rutilux, I am not talking about natural seasons. Grandmother ... queen Elvanna is going to invade this country. Within the next year. At least that is what I believe Redwyn was trying to tell me last night."
She looks at Redwyn as if to say 'correct me if I'm wrong'.

Ana calms down a little.
"But you are right. Thank you. We must do things properly while we still can. Not be hasty. Avoid any unnecessary risks."

~~~~~

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Wading through the freezing cold water seems to be enough to cool Ana down mentally.

A year seems plenty of time to prepare - if you can prepare for an Irriseni invasion at all. And who knows, maybe there won't be an invasion after all. Maybe Redwyn was just playing a cruel fae trick on Ana.

~~~~~

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Assuming thats enough to make the save:
"Oh yes, pleasure." Ana begins in a sultry voice. "We will have some pleasure with you ... as we cut you down and turn you into furniture. See, that part of the trunk here might make an excellent table. And this branch here cold be turned into fine walking sticks, or magic wands perhaps. You'd like to be a wand, wouldn't you?"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)
Quote:
"No Rutilux, I am not talking about natural seasons. Grandmother ... queen Elvanna is going to invade this country. Within the next year. At least that is what I believe Redwyn was trying to tell me last night."

Rutilux looks surprised, then thoughtful. Not sure if he knew of her relation before now The comparison to the queen was very apt. As for the invasion.. If it is so, then the Kodiakborne will be told and we? We must get very very good very quickly.

..............

Listening to the sorcereress start out sultry, then turn on the threat, he makes a mental note as much as to distract himself from temptation Of course, if an invading army DOES come, we could just put Ana on the border, have her start out soft, then scare the nine hells out of them when they close.


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"Technically she's my great-grandmother. But 'grandmother' was the proper way to address her at court." Ana clarifies when she sees Rutilux' surprised look.

Ana doesn't make a secret of her past. But since our characters don't know each other for very long, there's a good chance that Rutilux didn't know it before.

@DM: I hope you don't mind if I make up details about the Irriseni court.


No problem, if there's anything I wanna change I'll let you know.

701 to 750 of 4,450 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.