Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


551 to 600 of 4,159 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux looks curious at this claim that it probably the Southerner's fault.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

While he mulls that over, he asks, "How long ago did the fay make this decree that you could go no further in? "


Dolva"It not any kind of decree, if any of us go too far into the forest we either get lost and end up outside the forest or we get chased out by something we can't see. No the southerners don't suffer this and it all started a few months after they set up. Now its been almost ten years."


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris, with nothing of value to add to the conversation at the moment, listens closely. Catching Cad staring at him, Zethyris flashes a grin and gives Cad a wink. He continues listening as he companions ask more questions.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"Julian, it looks as though we're going to have some dinner and stay the night. I don't know that it's worthwhile you missing a good night's rest. Let's finish the horses, then go inside together."


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Julian pops out of the snow. "Fine." He brushes himself off and loosens his joints. "Can you explain again to me why these gaijin are so desperate to take charge of this cold, inhospitable hellhole?"


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"ermm.. somebody's got to do it? Snow is interesting and exhilarating at least for the first hour? Maybe it's really beautiful in the spring? It's hard for me to tell too. I hold out some more hope for the horse country - miles of open steppes and occasional copses of hardwoods sounds like it might be more attractive."

"At the same time, they do craft formidable women around here. A young man like yourself could do much worse than Dagmar. Personally, I'm holding out for Jediah's sister." Isham maintains a studiously straight face while assessing if Julian was actually paying any attention or not.


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Julian smiles. "I'm sure Jediah-ette has wonderful birthing hips. As he brushes his hands back to warmth, he says, "Dagmar is ...fascinating, I'll grant you that. But I am not going to be some fresh-off-the-ship slant-eye falling for the first yellow-haired female I see. Besides, she is far too interested in me ...it's off-putting." Not even Julian is sure if he's joking at this point.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah doesn't have a sister.


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

We know!


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Jediah needs to claim a stunningly enchanting half-sister, just to feed Isham some crow :)

"Your forbearance demonstrates wisdom and judgement - for once," Isham says with a teasing grin. "Just try not to scratch each others' eyes out while you shop around. And remember that the time you take to develop alternatives is time she is properly and prudently doing the same."

"C'mon, let's get some grub. You've been working hard in this chill. I've been loafing all day, with a warm horse between my legs." So saying, Isham knocks on the door, and enters the house when someone allows it.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah is more of a 'good hips and bosom' fella


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Julian follows happily.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"I can see how that would hurt your town's economy. Tell me, how are you at crafting the wood you have? Bowyers, Fletchers, wheelwrights..so on?" he is curious If we can appease the fae, it may not matter, but it's always best to find their strengths in other areas in case we can't.


"We have family in nearby towns and cities that are quite skilled with that but here we only have woods-men and carpenters. If you need a house or barn we can make you one in as little as three days with the right supplies. There are a few trappers that work this area as well that stay with us some times."

You are all served a hearty stew of local vegetables and rabbit before the two older men send Cad off to bed and retire themselves. There are more than enough cots and hammocks for each of men and a separate room with three beds for Anastasiya and Dagmar.

The next morning you awake to find Ungrill's bed empty but Dolva and Cad are still deeply asleep and a faint grinding noise can be heard outside. When you step out to investigate you can see Ungrill sitting in a chair dresses in an old hide harness sharpening and cleaning a slightly rusted great axe. There seems to be something different in the way he holds himself this morning, there's a fire in his eyes and an angry grin on his wrinkled face, almost like he's been given a chance at something he thought he could never have. "I don't remember sleeping in that late when I was your age. The young just don't realize how short life is anymore." He tosses a sack at the first one to exit the door. "Better make sure all your friends are ready. That's breakfast I hope you can eat and walk." With that he starts walking into the forest with the stride of a man half his age.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Zethyris catches the sack, and plucks his portion of food from it. He tosses the bag to the next person behind him, and grins as he follows Ungrill. Ah, a good night's rest, with a journey ahead of us. I feel like I can take on the world. So does Ungrill, from the looks of him.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah take his portion and heads out with the others.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Despite himself, Rutilux smiles at Ungrill's commentary, "I can break fast and stride at the same time, yes. Hopefully we'll not shame the older generation TOO much as we struggle with the dual task."


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

I like this guy. "Just try not to slow us down, sir," he says with a smile.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar takes her portion of food from the sack and munches on it while following the others.

having internet issues but will try to keep up with everything.


A few minutes into the woods you start to notice the fog swirling around you ankles, low and sparse. Your footsteps sending ripples outwards. The whole vista has taken on a dreamlike hue with the morning sun filtered through the leaves and needles of the trees above. Ungrill sets a steady, ground eating pace that you all find easy to keep up with. Looking back you can no longer see the town or the tree line, only more trees. The more you look around for something different, the more trees you see until right or left, forward or back, everything looks the same. Your pulse quickened as this realization strikes, you can't tell which direction your traveling and Ungrill's route seems to weave back and for as if he's lost. Sensing everyone's unease Ungrill stops and looks at you all, "Calm down, I know where I'm going, don't trust your eyes. Just follow me."

Jediah:
As Ungrill speaks you can't help but see something odd in his shaggy grey hair. If you didn't know any better you swear you saw antenna.

Anastasiya:
The fog looks terribly unnatural to you and you swear that you can see faces in the swirling at the edges of your vision but nothing when you try to look directly at it.

Julian:
You feel like everyone is being followed. Every so often you hear a twig snap or bushes rustle but when you stop to look it stops only to start again minutes later somewhere else

Dagmar:
Your feet are beginning to ache, the ground is cold and seems to be leeching the heat right out of your shoes and the more you walk the more heat your body seems to loose, your breath is starting to frost and chill feels like deep winter

Zethyris:
Ungrill is leading you around in circles, you've passed the tree your leaning on with the blue green moss in the shape of a v at least twice before

Andreas:
The colour of the forest seems to be fading the farther you go, where it once was hundreds of shades of vibrant greens is now only greys and browns

Rutilux:
despite leaving the horses in town you swear that you can hear the distinct sound of your horse somewhere to your left, the sound is fleeting as if from a great distance and you are about to dismiss it as just your imagination when a blood curdling shriek rips it way through the trees, the sound of a horse gravely injured.

Isham:
its not mist flowing over the toes of your boots and swirling about your ankles, its the white froth of the sea as waves lap at you. The pleasant smell of sea air fills your nostrils and the cries of gulls can be heard above the trees


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Everyone who hasn't leveled up be sure to do so.

Jediah blinks his eyes at their guide. Antenna? Can't be. Jediah keeps stomping along at a steady pace.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

'we're in for it now, if this old veteran doesn't know his stuff. Well, in for a penny, in for a pound."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux is following, when he jerks his head to the left as if hearing something, "Sunfire! Someone is attacking my horse!"


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

I think it is those fey that are doing this! Didn't they say the Fey keep messing with people?


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux pauses at Jediah's words, and takes a deep breath, "If you are wrong, Jediah. I may have just lost a loyal steed..." He thinks And a very dear friend. "Ungrill, would the fae be so cruel as to torment an innocent animal? And, am I the only one who heard a horse cry out as if badly injured"


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"I didn't hear anything."


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

"I heard footsteps behind us ...very different sounds. Remember, fae are very tricky creatures."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Rutlilux nods, the stress leaving him, "Thank you all, that does reassure me. Perhaps it was a tactical maneuver meant to have me rush off... "


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"I think you're right Rutilux. We should all take a lesson, and cross-check disturbing impressions with each other."


the visions are getting more and more distracting so please everyone make me a will save


M Human AC17 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 6

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
hrmm.. not sure what that's gonna save against.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Add +1 if it is mind-affecting


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Oh dear. I apologize in advance for whatever Zethyris does ;)


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah has your back, Zethyris!


You continue to follow Ungrill for a bit longer as the fog rises above your knees when Zethyris can't take it anymore and pushes his way forward to confront Ungrill. "Old man! What are you doing? We've been going around in circles for the last hour and its all your fault! Now we're lost and I don't think you know where we can find this axe, heck I don't think there is an axe!" Ungrill just stands there while this all happens the. Looks to each of you' "What do you, hey where'd your friend go?

Looking around to see what Ungrill is talking about you quickly realize that Isham is gone.

Zethyris:
You can't control your anger or who you direct it at, but Ungrill has you very mad

Isham:
You are swimming along the coast with the warm salty sea water washing over you and the kelp and sea weeds tickling your extremities as it slowly wraps around you pulling you down.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah starts and reaches out to Zethyris. Zethyris! What is going on! Stop yelling at him, he will help us get the wood.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

"Isham!! Rutilux calls out, hoping Isham can hear him and respond wherever he is, as Jediah tries to calm the half elf down.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)
Jediah wrote:
Jediah starts and reaches out to Zethyris. "Zethyris! What is going on! Stop yelling at him, he will help us get the wood."

Zethyris pulls back from Jediah's outstretched hand, confusion and exasperation warring across his face.

"Have you not been paying attention? We've passed these same trees before! See, there!"
Zethyris points to an absolutely featureless section of tree trunk.
"See that tree there? The moss on it - It's unmistakable! He's leading us in circles!"

Ungrill wrote:
"What do you, hey where'd your friend go?"

Zethyris turns back to Ungrill and continues his tirade. "Well, perhaps he realized what a farce this is and went to do something productive!"

Zethyris turns on his heel, walks to the edge of the group, and scans the area ahead of him for Isham. As he does so, he markedly avoids looking at any of the others. He is heard muttering to himself, fists clenched and brow furrowed.

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Whee! I must admit that failed will saves do make for fun writing.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Aquan:
"Sister sirens - come, take me!"


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 6 (HP) Unbreakable HP 72/72 AC 24/23/11 F11/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

There is no moss there! Trust me, I never led you wrong before! Jediah turns tot he others. we also need to try to find Isham. Zethyris, come on. Feel the trunk. there is no moss.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:11/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Letting Jediah attempt to calm down Zethyris, Dagmar focuses on trying to find Isham. She instructs Alfdis to fly around to try to find him from the air while she scans around on the ground for any tracks he may have left.

survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
dagmar perception 1d20 ⇒ 13
Alfdis perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 (HP: 48/48 | AC:20 T:16 FF:20 (+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO)| F:+4 R:+9 W:+2 | Init +6 Per +11 (+14 vs traps)

DM:
If Zethyris is persuaded to touch the moss, will he feel it? Or is the illusion only visual?

Jediah wrote:
"There is no moss there! Trust me, I never led you wrong before! Zethyris, come on. Feel the trunk. there is no moss."

Zethyris whirls abruptly to face Jediah. "And of course, because you have never been wrong means you never can be wrong. It's RIGHT THERE! Have the fae clouded your vision?" Zethyris is staring at Jediah, his eyes sparking with an anger Jediah has never seen in him before.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 6 (AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+8, R+3,W+5)

Seeing the owl take off, and hearing Zethyris' voice raise, Rutilux moves to the half elf, "Please, stay calm. We are allies. I don't see any moss either. Be patient, and trust our guide for now. After all, we are not in a rush."


Zethyris:
if you touch the "moss" you get to attempt a will save vs the illusion and another vs the enchantment if you surfed on the first I was worried you might have gotten mad when I took over your character for a bit but looks like I was worried for nothing.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Aquan, Singing:
♫♪ Waylay the din of the day
Boats bobbing in the blue of the bay
In deep far beneath all the dead sailors
Slowly slipping to sleep

My girl, linen and curls
Lips parting like a flag all unfurled
She's grand the bend of her hand
Digging deep into the sweep of the sand ♫♪

  • Decemberists, Summersong


Female Human Sorcerer 6, HP 49, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 5 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"Lets stay calm, everyone. And stick together!"

Anastasia slowly turns on the spot to scan the area.

Taking 20 on all rolls if possible. In case taking 20 isn't an option, rolls are below.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Also casting Detect Magic, the full three round thing.
Spellcraft (if applicable): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

551 to 600 of 4,159 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.