Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


501 to 550 of 4,927 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 8

"Sounds good. I believe I will stay back out of sight ...I know I am not yet familiar with the local etiquette, and it wouldn't hurt to have someone on the lookout if things turn to 大便."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"That sounds prudent Julian. We'll avoid moving too quickly." Isham leads Julian's horse, and kicks his mount to a walk, in the direction of the habitats (village?).

"So, who can most effectively introduce us to the local inhabitants? I think we should agree to follow the lead of some spokesperson."


There are two habitats that are close enough for you to arrive at before supper. One to the north looks like it was once large and prosperous but seems largely abandoned while the more southern one seems new and is quite large.

knowledge Geography DC 15:
This area is close to where the town of Merroh was described to be. The northern town also fits the description.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Knowledge(Geography):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"I recall a map - there was a town here called Merroh, but it could be either. I'm for new and prosperous, rather than old and decaying. Any other thoughts?"


Female Human Sorcerer 8, HP 63, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 6 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"I tend to agree, Isham. Lets go for the one that looks active now. What do you know about Merroh?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

The cavalier listens, leaving some choices to those that know these lands better.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Knowledge History if I've ever heard about Merroh 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


knowledge local would be appropriate. Check back a page or two and you can find basic info about Merroh


So you're heading south or north?


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar would vote for south, the more people, the better chance to find someone to trade with.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 92/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

South sounds fine.


You decide to make your way south towards the larger, more prosperous looking habitat. As you get closer and the details come into focus it seems more like a logging camp that a town. Open walled buildings lie closest to the forest with all manner of cutting implements and large circular saws turned by draft animals in a carousel. After those buildings are stacks upon stacks of different cuts of lumber from small poles shorter than a gnome all the way up to timbers large enough to be made into sailing masts. There appear to be five or six other buildings as well as a ramp that appears designed for loading limber onto wagons.

Riding into the camp you now notice something you didn't pick out before. None of the people here are Ulfen, by their clothing and skintone they all appear Varisian. Before you can ride too far into the camp a portly man in a well used set of scale marches up to you yelling, "Oi, what do you lot think your doing? This is private property you can't just come riding up into this camp like its some tourist attraction! Who are you and what do you want?"

Despite his wide midsection the man has the look of a grizzled veteran and the axe at his side looks too sharp for wood work


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 / Aldori Swordlord 1 / Duelist 1 (HP: 60/64 | AC:24 T:18 FF:24 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+6 R:+14 (+16 vs traps) W:+6 | Init +7 [+9] Per +15 (+18 vs traps)

Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been busy the past couple days with school starting and family stuff. Posting should be a little more constant from here on out.

Zethyris slides off his horse and gives the man a small bow.

"Hello there, good sir. We mean no slight upon you and your operation here, but are merely passing through. As a matter of fact, we are searching for the famed black oak of Grungir Forest. By happenstance, do you excellent lumbermen know where we could find any?"
"As to who we are..."
Zethyris pulls his chain out of his shirt, displaying the sigil on it to the man. "We represent Savol Kodiakborne, leader of the mighty Clan Kodiakborne. My name is Zethyris," he says with a nod and a smile, looking expectantly at the armed fellow.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

As he appears to focus his attention on the guard, Zethyris attempts to count the number of other lumberjacks in his peripheral vision, also trying to assess how well they could fight if the veteran decides to take umbrage at the group's trespassing.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Female Human Sorcerer 8, HP 63, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 6 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasiya rides up next to Zethyris.
"We are authorized to trade on the Kodiakborne's behalf, if you have any black oak to offer."
Diplomacy (aiding Zethyris): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux stays only a bit behind Zethyris and Anastsiya. He makes no hostile moves, instead nodding politely


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Seeing as how these people aren't fellow Ulfen, Dagmar will stay back and let the others handle the talking for now.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham observes intently, allowing others to take the diplomatic lead. He's assessing the people he can see, numbers and disposition, just in case things go south.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 92/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah likewise hangs back, wisting for the more eloquent members speak.


"Trade? You don't look much like merchants. Bah." Turning back toward the rest of the camp he yells "Bertram! Get over here, you've got business over here!"
The man keeps close making no attempt to hide his scrutiny while an older and much skinnier Varisian comes walking up at what appears to be the quickest his old frame can handle.
"What's this about trade? I'm Bertram, I run this lumber yard. We deal in various types of lumber and can cater to any sized request. What are you looking for?" Hearing your credentials and your desired item he stops you from continuing, "I've never heard of any Kodiakborne but if he's got gold we've got lumber. As far as your request for Black Oak I'm afraid that's something that I can't help you with. Its only available in the farthest reaches of the forest deep in fae territory and I don't send my people out that far, not for any amount of money."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

At that, Rutilux looks to the others , "It would appear these good people cannot assist us."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 92/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Well if we need to head in ourselves perhaps we can get information on the forest at least.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 / Aldori Swordlord 1 / Duelist 1 (HP: 60/64 | AC:24 T:18 FF:24 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+6 R:+14 (+16 vs traps) W:+6 | Init +7 [+9] Per +15 (+18 vs traps)
Bertram wrote:
"As far as your request for Black Oak I'm afraid that's something that I can't help you with. Its only available in the farthest reaches of the forest deep in fae territory and I don't send my people out that far, not for any amount of money."

"Of course, sir, I understand. Would it be possible for you to show us more precisely where you mean? We do not wish to endanger you or your crew, and if we know more exactly where to look perhaps we can collect some ourselves."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


"I only know that they can be found where the mist is thick. If you need better than that I suggest you find some locals. I heard Ulfen used to gather it years ago. There was a town north of us you might try them if anyone is left."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 92/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

This is getting slightly ridiculous. Jediah thinks to himself. I hope we won't need to get them a sheep with golden fleece.

;)


Nope its gotta be platinum that way they don't have to clean it


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 / Aldori Swordlord 1 / Duelist 1 (HP: 60/64 | AC:24 T:18 FF:24 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+6 R:+14 (+16 vs traps) W:+6 | Init +7 [+9] Per +15 (+18 vs traps)
Bertram wrote:
"I only know that they can be found where the mist is thick. If you need better than that I suggest you find some locals. I heard Ulfen used to gather it years ago. There was a town north of us you might try them if anyone is left."

"Thank you for your help. We will remember you if we have a need for lumber while in the area," Zethyris replies, bowing with elfin grace.

He returns to his compatriots, and mounts his horse. "Well, shall we try Merroh? We may be able to kill two birds with one stone - after all, they are another settlement we need to convince of joining with Kodiakborne."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 92/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Works for me.


Female Human Sorcerer 8, HP 63, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 6 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

"Yes, I think our business here is done for now. Lets try the other town."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Allowing his mount to shift casually next to Andreas's, Isham softly whispers to Andreas, "Do we know if these are good and honorable folk, Andreas?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux looks thoughtful, but is also ready.


Leaving the lumber camp and heading northwards to Merroh night falls around you and the air grows cold. The mists that seemed confined to the deeper reaches of the forest during the day now stretch almost to the edge of the treeline and the sounds of several creatures you've never heard before can be heard from within, some pleasant and others not. It takes several hours and the night is full when you finally arrive. There are roughly a dozen homes that you can see with lights on and many, many more without. Knowing that your best bet would be to talk to the village head of chief you walk your horses to the largest building with lights and rap loudly upon the door mantle. A few moments later a child's voice can be heard. "Who's out there?"


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 92/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Emisaries from Savol Kodiakborne. We wish to speak with the chief.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Did Isham's question prompt Simon to make a 'detect evil' check before we left?


Female Human Sorcerer 8, HP 63, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 6 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Who is Simon?

"We come as friends..." she adds, afraid that Jediah might have come off a bit too gruff.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux glances about the place taking it all in as best he may. I wonder what resources this town might turn to if Lumber is dying? It can be hard to adapt with the times.


You can hear a commotion inside and the sounds of furniture moving and the shuffling of feet towards the door. A moment later it is opened by an older Ulfen man just enough for him to look out at you. Seeing at least one of your chains surprises him but he shakes it off as he opens the door for you to enter. "By the great bear it must be true. Have the Kodiak returned? What a blessed day. Please, please come in and warm yourselves by my fire. I am Dolva, this is my grandson Cad and the man over there by the fire is my brother Ungrill. What brings you to our town so late at night?" Your presence seems to have gotten all three of them quite excited.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 92/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah lets Anastasyia speak for the group.


Female Human Sorcerer 8, HP 63, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 6 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasia follows the invitation and enters the house.
"Thank you for your hospitality. Yes, the Kodiakborne has returned - and he intends to reclaim his ancestral territory. We are here looking for black oak."

Later in the conversation she will start asking questions:
"What happened to this town? How many people live here? What do you know about the lumber camp nearby? Do you have problems with the fey in the forest?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux wipes his feet, lets the women enter first, and removes his helmet when he enters, "Honor to your house for this hospitality."


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 8

Julian stays hidden outside. Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"My pardon, ma'am, is there a place where we might tether the horses?" Isham will busy himself with horses and supplies, and keep an eye out for Julian and any other 'visitors'.


Dolva"Bless the ancestors that's wonderful news. As chief I can tell you that Merroh will gladly follow the Kodiak like our ancestors did and help in whatever meager ways we can." pausing to let Anastasiya ask her questions before replying. "Ma'am, it is a bit hard to talk about but suffice to say when that Varisian moved in south of us as competition it became hard and then when the local fae stopped allowing us to gather from going more than a few hundred yards into the forest meaning we couldn't gather any larger trees so merchants have slowly stopped coming to us for their supplies and instead went to that southerner Bertram. Forty of us still remain but many of our families that have moved on will return once they hear that we've rejoined the Kodiakborne."
Cad"We know where to find black oak! We can help you with that!"
Dolva"Yes we know where you can find black oak but unless you brought a cold iron axe you'll never be able to harvest it. The last one we had is gone." he looks sadly in Ungrill's direction. "I'm sorry."
Ungrill"I know where you can get one." he stands up from his seat and you can see the form of a warrior well past his prime. "I served Unther, Savol's father, for many years and I swear I can lead you to wear you will find one."

There are only men here Isham but there looks to be stalls to the right with a roof over it where you could keep them for the night


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 92/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah nods. That will be most helpful. Thank you for your help.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

apologies, I'd mistaken Dolva for a female name (despite your correct gender reference in earlier posts).

"You all go on ahead with the panniers, I'll take care of the horses, and join you shortly." Isham will do as he indicated.

After several moments of being apparently alone, he'll say in a quiet, but carrying voice, "Julian, please let me know if you're around."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Pardon me for asking, but why did the fae suddenly stop allowing you to gather wood from farther out?'


Dolva"I don't know but I think that those southerners are to blame."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"I take it that the fae don't seem to bother the foreigners? "


Female Human Sorcerer 8, HP 63, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 6 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Sense motive (on Dolva's claim that they did nothing to anger the fae): 1d20 ⇒ 7
That seems totally plausible to Anastasiya.
Those poor people.


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 8

"Tssst tssssst."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 92/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah is all set to get the axe and then head out when everyone is ready.

501 to 550 of 4,927 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.