Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Life on the spike, A Planescape PbP game (Inactive)

Game Master Johnny_Panic

Sit in Sigil at the center of all the planes, borks try and get on with life in a place where any thing gos but gods.


401 to 450 of 610 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Bariaur Cleric 7

While it looks like he's save, for now, Jarun can't help but worry about the others. At least the cursing Sylph seems to have escaped the dangerous grasp of the Quickwood. Jarun picks up speed towards the Manor but not as fast as he can. Carefully he looks around trying to make sure no one gets left behind as he zigzags towards the once impressive building.

OOC:

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
I won't move myself since I'll stay around the slowest person of the group. In case it's needed here's a save vs Fear.
Will save vs Fear: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The troll steps in front of his charge and with blinding speed lashes out at the roots attacking the others.

Full attack, starting with Root 1. If it drops, target becomes Root 2:

Full Attack, Chain: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Chain Damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Full Attack, Chain (haste): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Chain Damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Full Attack, Chain (secondary bab): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Chain Damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


You smash one of the roots in half with just the power of your attack, sap flays everywhere as the end thrashes about, you 3ed attack damages the 2ed root.

Runt are you going to move after?


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

Can't, made a full attack. I 5' adjusted in front of MBeard.


Need I will need a DC20 rol v fear when its the trees go just so you know


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Koda takes flight as the roots rip from the ground. He flies towards the Manor and the floor where the portal was. As she looks behind her Batty is chanting arcane words. Koda reaches the walls and she finishes her spell. Strands of web spring into existence lashing the trees roots to it's body. She holds her breath as the tree struggles against the still new and weak webs.

Casting Web. Centered where I put a box. That should include all roots and the monster effectively forcing it to grapple itself according to the spell. DC 17 Reflex to avoid. It can get out on it's turn with a CMB or escape artist at DC 17. Must make a CMB check, or Escape Artist Check every round it tries to move through the webs or become grappled again Same DC 17. Hopefully that will cover our retreat, or buy us some time.


Cool web

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12 Ref save
its webbed.


F Sylph Ninja 7

I'm not sure what round we're in so when it's Brehna's turn next she'll (still invisibly) draw and drink a cure moderate wounds potion as her standard action. 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 3 = 12 and move closer to the portal with her move action (30' flying).


Round 1 still Ill do a list of Actions and Init when i have some time later today


Sorry, had to work until 11pm Thurs & then gone since last evening at a "sleep study".

Secure in the knowledge that his illusion will continue for the next 18 seconds regardless of his attention, Metalbeard continues running towards the portal. Sparks fly in several directions as his main gears grind at top speed. In case a root catches up and grabs him, he is ready to try out his new boots.

Major Image lasts Concentration + 3 rounds. The Boots of Escape will let him teleport 30' away if grappled. Also taking the DM's option to take 20 on initiative when running away.

As he runs, he yells to his companions. Come on, friends, let's get to that portal! I calculate less than a .002% probability that we can defeat every tree in this forest.


Ok any one who is not 30' from the tree make a Will DC20 save v fear


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

Guess these things came with magic "pre-stored" for their fear aura. That's a mean trick. Bad Druids. Bad.

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The troll begins to panic.


GM roll 1d8 ⇒ 1

your one lucky troll, you drop any thing in your hands and run like the hells into the manner house, 1 was 12 on the clock of ways you could go 1 being up on the map. OK looks like your all in the manner house, Toll with frear for 4 rounds, you have 2 rounds to get the portal open. that's if every one heads in. Troll i did say some one had been messing with the trees :)

could some on do a summiry of actions sorry have to work today


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

The chain is secured to him (using the Weapon Cord rules). It's dragging behind him but not lost.


recap
Suprise round
QW attack roots 123 pop out of the ground
R1
R2
R3
every one makes ref roll but Brehna who gets hit then bit takes DMG

Round 1
by Initiative:
28 Runt the Troll attacks and then gets hit by fear fails runs
18 Grune the Scarred moves to manner house (no need to save) weapon dragging behind him
17 Jarun the Liberator then gets hit by fear unless he moved??
15 Brehna rolls and gets away from root moves to manner house safe from fear, goes invisible.
14 Bastille cats web on QW3 it fails and is webbed (nice move)

5 QW fear! 30' can not move
5 root 3 looks for some thing to hit all out of reach so gos back into the ground
5 root 2 harmed gos back into the ground.
5 root 1 dead

please check map then
Could I ask they you put
Round (N) and Initiative (N)
at the top of your action posts from here on thanks, just helps me,
Round 2


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

Do you want me to control my own panic, or do you want to move me?


I have moved you to the manner house, you can from then on. you will be looking for a place to hid, check to see if you get a roll to snap ot of it v your sheet or any of the other PCs once that gate opens you have a round to get throw it


F Sylph Ninja 7
Brehna wrote:
I'm not sure what round we're in so when it's Brehna's turn next she'll (still invisibly) draw and drink a cure moderate wounds potion as her standard action. 2d8+3 and move closer to the portal with her move action (30' flying).

^^ Round 2 action^^


Noted Brehna


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Round 2: Init:18

Grune will double move into the house and begin heading to the room with the portal.


Male Bariaur Cleric 7

Jarun stayed at Runt's side so he'd be hit by fear.


@Jarun R2 1d8 ⇒ 8 Runs N/NW to the left of the manner house full move 1d3 ⇒ 3 rounds, he drops what ever is in his hands, Failed fear roll, if no one helps you your going to be in the woulds in 3 rounds

Updated Map here


Metalbeard reviews in his mind a quick recap of recent events, trying to undestand the situation better. He must have banged his side against a tree stump, as he can clearly remember what everyone else just did, except for himself. And his legs must be stuck in a patch of mud: somehow despite having consistently attempted to run, he is in the same location as he was in when this battle started.

DM-- Metalbeard was somehow missing from the recap you posted! And somehow his attempts to run away didn't change his position?!? I thought I should be 30' away by now, but just in case, will roll the Will save...

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Will refrain from posting further actions until DM clarifies the situation. :-)


really sorry about that I will try and do better, yep you make it to the house fin MB so your inside as of now.


Banging himself against a door frame, Metalbeard comes to his senses, and realizes he is actually inside the house. Better run a virus scan when I have some time, he mumbles to himself.

But looking around, he discovers that his new companion Jarun is still outside, and running in the wrong direction. From the nearest window, he yells out towards him in verse,

There once was a priest named Jarun
Who ran from tree roots a little too soon,
His friends were nearby,
They stopped him to say hi
And then he returned to their room.

Using Inspire Courage, gives Jarun a +2 to saves vs Fear effects...


Male Bariaur Cleric 7

Round 2, Initiative 19

An unreasable feeling of panick takes hold of Jarun's mind. He drops the loaded crossbow and takes off, fleeing the scene. Unable to utter a word, Jarun's thoughts race even faster than his four hooves. Get away, get away. The woods, they will get you! THEY WILL GET YOU!

OOC:

Jarun will move at full speed, just past the manor house and off the map (assuming he doesn't get another saving throw per Fear ability). I've put a C on the map on his last position, assuming that's where his +1 crossbow will be (!!!). Ah well, at least it isn't his +2 Heavy Flail hehe. Stupid saves :p


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Round 2 Initiative running away!

Batty flies towards the second story window where she first saw the guards fleeing on lizardback. She breaks through it if possible, otherwise using a flaming sphere to cut it open.


Ok the tree is webbed and will not be moving it can not reach you and the other strees are hitting the shadow show.

jumping 2 rounds ahead, the to running in fear can snap out of it and head back to the house, its down to the others waiting for you.

Trees are dumb so they just stay put.

So I will say you all make it to the house and room in time, just as the tress head to the house.

over to you guys,

The cross bow is gone. head for it and you will be attaced in the open Jarun sorry.


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:

Ok the tree is webbed and will not be moving it can not reach you and the other strees are hitting the shadow show.

jumping 2 rounds ahead, the to running in fear can snap out of it and head back to the house, its down to the others waiting for you.

Trees are dumb so they just stay put.

So I will say you all make it to the house and room in time, just as the tress head to the house.

over to you guys,

The cross bow is gone. head for it and you will be attaced in the open Jarun sorry.

My plan in the following rounds was to fly to Jaurn, land on him, and attempt to smack him into awareness. Or failing that at least direct him bodily toward the portal even as he runs. She'll be invisible until she lands on him and drops it so he will know what's on his back.


Well that's a plan ye may fight you how ever it may be best to wait till he out of it and then take him back Brehna but its your PC plasee play as you fee.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

So just to clarify, everyone but Jaurn is in the house and he is currently under the effects of fear?


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
Well that's a plan ye may fight you how ever it may be best to wait till he out of it and then take him back Brehna but its your PC plasee play as you fee.

Brehna is a girl of action. ;-)

She'll get some height and then dive to get closer to him.

She'll attempt to straddle him and pop her eversmoking bottle (which stays strapped to her belt, but pours smoke of it's own accord. She can see through it without a problem. If she gets knocked off she'll open her wings and take to the air before she falls if possible.

What rolls would you like?

Just guessing, but:

Fly 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Acrobatics 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

"Calm Down and let me help you."
Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


@Grune Yes that is right, he will be out in round 5
none of the tress yet is heading your way yet, so you guys can act

Will Save please Jarun to brake out of fear, + 4 (MB song + Brehna wee pep talk) will v DC20


Male Bariaur Cleric 7

His mind as much out of control as a Slaadi madman's in Limbo, Jarun notices someone's trying to stop him from running away from those horrifying trees. And then suddenly it didn't make sense to run anymore.

"Uh huh... what?"

Jarun halts, his hooves causing grass and dirt to fly around.

"I'm terribly sorry, I have no idea what just happened."

His head shows a huge amount of shame as do his lowered, massive, shoulders.

OOC:

Will DC20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31


F Sylph Ninja 7
Jarun the Liberator wrote:

His mind as much out of control as a Slaadi madman's in Limbo, Jarun notices someone's trying to stop him from running away from those horrifying trees. And then suddenly it didn't make sense to run anymore.

"Uh huh... what?"

Jarun halts, his hooves causing grass and dirt to fly around.

"I'm terribly sorry, I have no idea what just happened."

His head shows a huge amount of shame as do his lowered, massive, shoulders.

** spoiler omitted **

Landing on his back if she is not already Brehna points firmly and emphatically

"THAT WAY! QUICKLY! or we'll both be left behind."


Male Bariaur Cleric 7

Instinctively Jarun bolts once his brain realizes that someone tries to mount him.

"Get off! GET OFF!"

Then he realizes it's one of his new companions that's treating him like a horse.The sylph! Jarun calms down when he reminds himself she probably doesn't mean any harm. Turning around he gallops back to the portal house.

"Sorry, yes you're right. Back to the house, right away."


F Sylph Ninja 7
Jarun the Liberator wrote:

Instinctively Jarun bolts once his brain realizes that someone tries to mount him.

"Get off! GET OFF!"

Then he realizes it's one of his new companions that's treating him like a horse.The sylph! Jarun calms down when he reminds himself she probably doesn't mean any harm. Turning around he gallops back to the portal house.

"Sorry, yes you're right. Back to the house, right away."

She weighs startlingly less than you would estimate someone her size would normally. Even though she is petite to begin with.

Brehna will stay with Jarun and direct him to the portal's location.


OK your all in the house, thats the good news bad news is the three Quick woods are coming.

Round 1 of In house
Ground floor, there is a hole made by MB in the back a a stares up


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

"Up the stairs everyone, time to get out of here.

Grune will run up the stairs, heading for the room that they first appeared in.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Gracefully dismounting the goat man once they get inside Brehna says

"Lets get the hells out of here."


How has the Fork key?


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

batty flew up to the second floor window she knows leads to the portal and was going to try bisting through or if it was thick was going to burn through the frame with a flaming sphere. So im hopeully waiting for you all in the portal room.


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
How has the Fork key?

Not sure. Both in character and out.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

I think it may have been Revial what with him being so lawyerly and such. Im not sure myself. It wasnt me thats for sure she has bad luck with keys.


F Sylph Ninja 7
Bastille Targarian wrote:
I think it may have been Revial what with him being so lawyerly and such. Im not sure myself. It wasnt me thats for sure she has bad luck with keys.

I think that's correct.


O dear, well Im going to say that he gave it it Bastille, with Mr Tippe -e-Toes Egg device that Grune has, thats now winking green.


Metalbeard heads up the stairs, trying to restrict his steps to floorboards that are likely to hold his weight.

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33

Once he reaches the top, he heads for the gate. No time to lose, friends, let's get out of here before they collapse the house. As soon has Batty has it open, he will step through.


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

because of the Panic, I have no idea where I am. Can I get an update regarding my situation?


Runt your hiding in the with the gate, they will have to hold one round wile you snap out of it. Just as the tress bash the house. You stand and just can not get what just happon you where outside then here, you see Metaalbeard and the others come rushing in, bits of the house fall down around you all.

Batty presents the Key and the postal opens just as the house starts to fall down, you all rush throw and land on the Knife, the crowed has gone and Sigil is till as it can be. Behind you the portal snaps closed with a thud, bits of wood and brick also fall throw.

Make a Ref save please DC5


Male Bariaur Cleric 7

Feeling glad not having to fight the quickwood, Jarun happily steps through the gate while still a fragment of shame is stabbing his brain.

"A Sigil..." he says before noting that he's not exactly in a safe spot.

OOC:

Reflex DC5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

401 to 450 of 610 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The 1st Key All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.