Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Life on the spike, A Planescape PbP game (Inactive)

Game Master You want more Gravitas?

Sit in Sigil at the center of all the planes, borks try and get on with life in a place where any thing gos but gods.


351 to 400 of 610 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

"Greetingz, Brehna." the troll said with a small bow. He said her name carefully as though it were of importance.


After a night of nonstop reading, Metalbeard had decided to take a break and visit the local bazaar. He comes back excited to show his companions what he has bought. Look, this vest can create magical tools on demand! And these boots let me teleport out of danger! These banners help us protect a campsite! This cap lets me disguise myself as a human! But the most amazing thing...

He can barely contain his excitement as he pulls a large sack out of his backpack. He overturns it, dumping a pile of aromatic dung at his feet. Then he shakes the bag a little, turns if over again, and there is yet more dung. Soon he is standing in a noticeably-sized mound of dung. No matter how much I take out, there is still more! It's the legendary Bag of Everlasting Dung! Looking around, he suddenly realizes that the assorted nobles are not quite as excited as he is to be able to produce infinite amounts of this substance, and sheepishly attempts to start gathering it back into the bag, as he apologizes to those who are offended.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

You can see all my new items on the updated char sheet at http://irememberaram.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/55186881/Metalbeard.pdf .

After he has had some time to clean up, he returns for his audience with the princess. Greetings, Runt. If the princess has confidence in you, so do I. I will be honored to travel with you.


Brehna wrote:
You can all note that Brehna now has giant owl wings strapped to her back.

Sorry just to make clear they are not strapped but grafted, they are full on part of Brehnas body :), Im sorry but a dung pile at a kings party priceless


Male Bariaur Cleric 7

The bariaur the king mentioned looks like the unfriendly kind at first. His muscled human torso seemlessly matches the muscles of his more goatlike lower-body. With small nods he acknowledges the words of the king, somehow not looking very pleased when the king mentions that he works for him. Yet the bariaur still nods. He awaits the introductions and is about to step forward himself when the entire court is shocked at the sudden appearance of a rather large heap of dung. Carefully the bariaur eyes the king as if awaiting his reaction. When the king doesn't order the bard arrested, the bariaur smiles a little before stepping forward.

"Greetings heroes, I am Jarun of the Ivory Plateau Herd. I'm honoured to be able to travel with you."

OOC:

sorry for posting late, I still haven't finished my character after a few very busy days. I expect to completely finish my character by monday.


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

The troll bows, more slowly than before. "I am szure it will prove... interesting." he says to the strange dung-obsessed person.


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
Brehna wrote:
You can all note that Brehna now has giant owl wings strapped to her back.
Sorry just to make clear they are not strapped but grafted, they are full on part of Brehnas body :), Im sorry but a dung pile at a kings party priceless

thats what I meant. Posr word choice on my part.


F Sylph Ninja 7
Jarun the Liberator wrote:

The bariaur the king mentioned looks like the unfriendly kind at first. His muscled human torso seemlessly matches the muscles of his more goatlike lower-body. With small nods he acknowledges the words of the king, somehow not looking very pleased when the king mentions that he works for him. Yet the bariaur still nods. He awaits the introductions and is about to step forward himself when the entire court is shocked at the sudden appearance of a rather large heap of dung. Carefully the bariaur eyes the king as if awaiting his reaction. When the king doesn't order the bard arrested, the bariaur smiles a little before stepping forward.

"Greetings heroes, I am Jarun of the Ivory Plateau Herd. I'm honoured to be able to travel with you."

** spoiler omitted **

" I'm Brehna. I am of the people of air. I move as shadow and strike unseen. What are your skill?"


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

The tall skinny trenchcoat wearing, dark lipsticked, dark everything looking woman speaks up. When she speaks it is slow drawn out and drab, even compared to the things she speaks of. It seems devoid of fun though occasionally she smiles. It seems out of place and intimidating and you find she looks safer with a straight face. She is very emo girl essentially

Cease with the hero stuff Jarun. Call yourself what you like but Being a hero is too much responsibility for me. Apart from that it's good to meet new people, Names Batty, this here is Koda, she indicates the now decked out Dire bat at her side, and this is Bassandra, my spiritual Guide. She pulls from her trenchcoat a small vampire bat, it regards you both with intelligent eyes, takes flight around you chittering lightly then dissapears under her coat.

Jarun, and Troll it is good to meet you both. As Brehna has stated her skills I guess I might as well join in. I usually avoid conflict if possible and hide behind my lovely meat shield Koda. Koda on the other hand has been practicing biting peoples heads off, and with his new accoutrements, I believe he will be quite good at it. I have some magical skill i suppose, and if you require potions I am quite skilled at concocting what if required.

She pauses for a moment considering a memory.

Thinking of gathering ingredients reminded me of a strange encounter we had in Sigil. we fought strange plant creatures that fought with spores and had flowers for heads. I wonder if this green war has spread even to the city. She will not be pleased if she hears of this.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

"Welcome aboard our mad jaunt across the multiverse, my good fellows. Hopefully it makes rich before it puts our names in the dead book."

Grune fills the newcomers in on the nature of their contract with Mr. Tippy Toes.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

I must say, I approve of our new acquisitions as well. Metalbeard, don't mix your two bags up now. Don't want to be throwing Dung at the enemies, or do you...? Brehna, may I compliment you on your lovely pair...They suit you quite nicely. A shame I won't be able to see you through the fog though. Grune. Troll. Jarun. This will be grand.

I also bought a ring of sustinence, and a pearl of power 2nd level.


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

The troll bows to each in turn as they greet him, speaking their names carefully.


F Sylph Ninja 7
Bastille Targarian wrote:

I must say, I approve of our new acquisitions as well. Metalbeard, don't mix your two bags up now. Don't want to be throwing Dung at the enemies, or do you...? Brehna, may I compliment you on your lovely pair...They suit you quite nicely. A shame I won't be able to see you through the fog though. Grune. Troll. Jarun. This will be grand.

I also bought a ring of sustinence, and a pearl of power 2nd level.

"I dance through the mists with blades flashing enough for several people. We'll have to coordinate some strategy when in a group."


Male Bariaur Cleric 7

With raised eyebrows Jarun listens to the exotic berks standing near him.

"My skills? Well I'm very dedicated, if that's what you mean. Dedicated to what you want to know? Well, you'll find out but let's say I fight tyranny any way possible."

Jarun pats the heavy flail that's strapped to his left flank.

"And to a lesser degree, yet more friendly, I'm caring berk. While I'll bash any villainous berk's head in, I will go a long way to protect and tend to the needs of those that have been mistreated by said berks."

With a quick move of the head but without moving his hooves, Jarun glances at the king. With a soft voice he continues:

"Yes, the king is my current employer. I do things for him and at the same time get to check out how he treats his people and his enemies. He probably knows my ulterior motive but it would be rude to mention it in front of his court."


When all the players are ready we can move back to the Manner house and the gate to Sigil.


The Modron bows to his new companion. Welcome to the group, Jarun. I'll look forward to having that flail between myself and the next Dark Druid we meet.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

He then turns to his other companions. I'm ready to move back to the Manor house and the gate to Sigil. His comment seems remarkably appropriate for some reason.


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

The troll falls in line next to Metalbeard, raises his hood and waits patiently.


Male Bariaur Cleric 7

With a grin Jarun pats the handle of the heavy flail as he says:

"I will happily step between you and any Dark Druid but I must say I'll be glad to have Liberty between me and any of those too."

picture of Liberty:

For a moment Jarun waits for the others to start moving, he joins in and greets those who stay behind to move to the seagate.

"Well, I'm ready and will follow you wherever you go next but I'm looking forward to go back to Sigil for a while."


F Sylph Ninja 7

"I too am ready. "

She turns and bows to the king. "Thank you for the gift." Indicating her wings.


Every one looks on as the mages make a spell, they place you in a ring shaped platform, the talk words of magic and then they all fade from view,
The King and princess waving. Then the next thing you see is the manner house in front of you, you are on open grass and the door main doors are smashed open some 200' in-front of you, you hear calls from the tress all around as you see this. Some thing knows you are here.

Its midday and the sun is up high.

what do you all do?


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

oh joy, a welcoming party. Good Koda is humgry.

Batty hops onto her new digs on Koda. Who readies to take flight. She then casts mage armor.

anything within Blindsense 40 ft. my bats will pick up on it.


F Sylph Ninja 7

"We should rush back to the portal."


Male Bariaur Cleric 7

Jarun rather enjoyed the travelling spell and watched with jealousy how the mages worked their spell. The joy quickly fades when he, like the rest, notices there's some afoot. Jarun looks around to see if he can spot the sources of the calls. At the same time he takes the crossbow from his back and starts loading it while his hooves shuffle uneasily as he slowly pivots his body trying to scan the area around them.

"Run eh? If we don't run, we might have to find out what we're going to deal with though."

Jarun's full plate armor squeeks softly with every movement the bariaur makes.

Actions:

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Retrieve crossbow and load it with a bolt.


F Sylph Ninja 7
Jarun the Liberator wrote:

Jarun rather enjoyed the travelling spell and watched with jealousy how the mages worked their spell. The joy quickly fades when he, like the rest, notices there's some afoot. Jarun looks around to see if he can spot the sources of the calls. At the same time he takes the crossbow from his back and starts loading it while his hooves shuffle uneasily as he slowly pivots his body trying to scan the area around them.

"Run eh? If we don't run, we might have to find out what we're going to deal with though."

Jarun's full plate armor squeeks softly with every movement the bariaur makes.

** spoiler omitted **

"Mad druids as best as I can tell. They use animated fungus, trees, and other things."

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 Brehna looks around warily

Draws weapon.


DC 20 Nature:

What you see is animated trees in number of them,

Quickwood

But some thing is wrong they seem to be moving faster then a Quickwood should

You can see 3 so far


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Know(nature):1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Yes, running good idea! Anyone want to hop on Koda drink one of these. she says as she starts rummaging in her pack.


Just as you say that a huge root come mashing out of the ground some 80' away, it fays in the air pounding down the area around it. You can see other lumps in the earth coming you way.


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

"Stay close to me, Metalbeard. You will be kept safe."

The grey-skinned troll moved to the front of the group and a length of chain with a weighted spike descended slowly from one of his sleeves.

That goes for the rest of you too. Once you're outside my reach I can't help you.


Metalbeard stays close to Runt as instructed, as he tries to direct his new companion towards the portal. Do you really think you can fight these things? Running may be our best move right now.

At the same time, he takes out his drumstick and beats his vision-projectors in an odd pattern, making it look as if a squadron of soldiers is approaching between his group and the tree-creatures. Perhaps this will distract some of them.

Casting Major Image.
Bluff check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

"Very well. I will cover our retreat." the troll says quietly.

If we're in combat rounds I've already acted so I just get to wait and see if I take it in the face. If we're not in combat, then I'll follow at the rear of the group


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

"Nothing is ever easy. Is Tippy Toes' gizmo charged up yet? Not much point in leaving if we just have to come back."

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Ugg, Quickwood. They're tough customers normally, but someone's been messing with these ones. They're moving faster than any tree has right to be."


Reflex save every one DC11

yes Mr Tippy Toes's gizmo's light has gone green


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

reflex Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Male Bariaur Cleric 7

"Quickwood you say? Never heard of them but they look fast indeed... for trees."

OOC:

Reflex DC11: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


F Sylph Ninja 7

Ref 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"Lets move, people!" Brehna says as she makes her way back to the portal room. "I'm going to get a better view of our surroundings." Brehna takes two bounding steps with her wings flapping. She vanishes as her feet leave the ground.

Flying up to look around using vanishing trick to stay invisible for 6 rounds.

Percepion 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Stealth to be unseen while flying 1d20 + 41 ⇒ (19) + 41 = 60


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Reflex batty:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Reflex koda:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Ref Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"Let's make a run for the manor. Time to go."


Round Suprise
Initi = Quickwood 5

Only three roots attack you the other sex swarmed Metalbeard's Major Image

@Brehna Just as you take off a root smashes out of the ground and slams into you. Take 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Bulging DMG and make a fly skill roll please for me.

three Huge Roots bust out the ground and slam into some before attacking
yous as you run past, Suprise

If your make it or are in the air you see 2 Quickwoods thrashing around
Metalbeard's Major Image and one thats heading your way.

For ever one failing there Ref roll and so hit by a root, the root go's for a bite attack

@Brehna Bite Attack to hold you 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

If your bit your held Roll V STR29 to brake away before pull.

Next round they will be doing a CM Pull

and FEAR! on all.

Could I have Initiative rolls every one for Round 1

If your are "running away" and not fighting you go 1st in the next round place your Initiative +1 the highest fighting/doing ones.


F Sylph Ninja 7

"Dammit!" Brehna curses as she gets slammed hard in the side

Fly 1d1 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Then again as she gets bitten "#%ck!"

Escape arist to escape the bite attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

i am just getting my butt kicked


Edited

Brehna:

surprise.
Bite Damge 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Round 1
I needs an Initiative roll Brehna if you beat 5 (the trees now)
You can do the below.

Sorry to say that Escape arist is not the thing to use v a Bite
But I well let you use it to top Tress pull abiulty CMB DC20
You made with a 22, so you stop that Pull

A fly check of DC16 will get you away.

Note the tree is going to use Fear DC20 on every one next round 30' if they do not get away.

escape-artist skill

SKILL: Your training allows you to slip bonds and escape from grapples.
Note:
You can make an Escape Artist check in place of a combat maneuver check to escape a grapple or a pin.

Quickwood

Pull (Ex)

A creature with this ability can choose to make a free combat maneuver check with a successful attack. If successful, this check pulls an opponent closer. The distance pulled is set by this ability. The type of attack that causes the pull and the distance pulled are included in the creature’s description. This ability only works on creatures of a size equal to or smaller than the pulling creature. Creatures pulled in this way do not provoke attacks of opportunity and stop if the pull would move them into a solid object or creature.

Format: pull (tentacle, 5 feet); Location: Special Attacks and individual attacks.

Im saying its a like a grapple even if the rules have it down as some thing other. :)

Round 1
Initiative rolls

5 = Quickwood


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

dm:

I thought the bite was grappling or pinning me to hold me in place? That's why I tried escape artist. I knew I didn't have a prayer using strength. No worries though. I recorded the damage.

Edit: just saw the rest of your post. I got ya.


Metalbeard tries to dodge the roots coming his way.

Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

He seems far more dextrous than any giant metal cube has a right to be, and skilfully dodges under one branch as he skips over the next. He continues at top speed towards the portal.

Perception check to spot Brehna (vs DC 60?!?): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

I couldn't even see her if her stealth was only +1!

But suddenly he looks back for a moment. Where's Brehna? ##@!@#, did they get her? Grune, Batty, Jarun, Runt-- tell me if she's safe, or we need to turn around and rescue her quickly!


F Sylph Ninja 7

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

So is Brehna is being grappled?

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 so I would be feared....Shaken or Panicked?


Shes being pulled that is the root has her grappled in my book. On her Init 15 shes free, and can move out of futuer attack range. You will not be hit by fear until Initi 5 so you can act and move. I should make a map but the firewall here blacks google docs sorry. Also Brehna is swaring her head off so you know where she is


Move yourself on your go
MAP HERE

We will stick to Initi true for now


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Ok Round 1
You can all move you selfs on the map and act if your Initiative is higher then 5


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Great, thanks for the clarification

Grune disengages himself from combat and retreats towards the mannor house. Withdrawal action.


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
Shes being pulled that is the root has her grappled in my book. On her Init 15 shes free, and can move out of futuer attack range. You will not be hit by fear until Initi 5 so you can act and move. I should make a map but the firewall here blacks google docs sorry. Also Brehna is swaring her head off so you know where she is

It's doubtful she had a chance to make herself invisible and stealth. that was merely "the plan" which was foiled by A) nastly flesh eating trees and B) Cursing enough to make sailors blush.

When she pulls herself free of the plants Brehna goes invisible (will last 7 rounds) and takes to the skies.


If you all go at full speed you will get away from the Shock wave of fear that hits where you where and make the manner house.

I will give you

1d4 ⇒ 2

Of free actions before the trees start pulling the manner house apart and you have to start rolling to say upright and may be live.

Change of house rules,
in future if you say your "running away", this now means you can take a 20 on your initiative roll (or replace your old roll with 20+init).
You can only do this once per combat.

See not trying to kill players today, Im not really I am not.

Mean wile 3 magically busted Quickwoods would like to have a chat.
:) best get that portal open asap

351 to 400 of 610 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The 1st Key All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.