Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Life on the spike, A Planescape PbP game (Inactive)

Game Master Johnny_Panic

Sit in Sigil at the center of all the planes, borks try and get on with life in a place where any thing gos but gods.


301 to 350 of 610 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Grune emphatically shouts for the guards (and Brehna) to shoot at the advancing cloakers.


they are ready to shoot


F Sylph Ninja 7

Slipping just off to the side Brehna waits for it to get closer readying the flask of oil to throw.


Ok a Need a player to comand them, of any one has leadership nows the time to use it. The Command has grabbed the Prinsess and taken her to safty in a biulding. I need some kind of roll to add to there fire.

A troop volly has a 16 to hit on a D20 now

every roll or action you make to help the troops adds a 1d6 to damge and a +1 to hit. So start thinking of how you can help them.

You get two vollyes before the thing gets to you.


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:

Ok a Need a player to comand them, of any one has leadership nows the time to use it. The Command has grabbed the Prinsess and taken her to safty in a biulding. I need some kind of roll to add to there fire.

A troop volly has a 16 to hit on a D20 now

every roll or action you make to help the troops adds a 1d6 to damge and a +1 to hit. So start thinking of how you can help them.

You get two vollyes before the thing gets to you.

Well then Brehna will pull out her bow and fire.

Bow 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d6 ⇒ 4


Is that a Pos Crit? 19/20 with a bow.


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
Is that a Pos Crit? 19/20 with a bow.

Why indeed it is!

TO confirm crit 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Waa waaa


4 it is then.
Guys if you can shoot its 80' out can will be 60 at the end of this round, you have a clear shot as its now comming in low, 20' up down the street, the other seems to have headed off west surounded by bats


Metalbeard calls out to the guards. Guards! Listen to this inspirational chant before shooting!

There once were some great guards with bows,
But druids would step on their toes.
Big cloakers flew in,
They were shot through the skin,
And they used them to wipe snot on their nose.

Perform (oratory): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

I'll roll some troop volleys, not clear anyone has yet. Adding the +2 bardic courage bonus.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Batty backs away from the cloaker telling koda to stay in between her and it, she continues concentrating on the swarm shrieking loudly to the sky.


@Metalbeard volley 2 hits volley 1 misses.

Thats a +2 from you to hit and + 2d6 DMG

Volly 1

10d8 + 10 ⇒ (3, 5, 2, 2, 6, 3, 7, 2, 1, 3) + 10 = 44

Its harmed but carrys on comming,

round 2 of combat


You think one more good volley will take it out.


Im going to move things along

Another volley gos up and that seems to make up its mind, it heads off leaving you alone. Soon you can see nothing in the sky. The troop leader mounts up with the Children and orders one man stay and burn the town down, so that none of the bodys will be come like the green mass. With in the Hour you are all heading off into the desert, the hike takes 2 days, you see nothing and the weather is hot in the day and cold at night. Metalbeard keeps every ones spirits up with songs and story's. On the 3ed day you crest as sand dune and see ahead a vast oasis, 1000s of tents around a large city and ziggurat. Its teaming with life, you also see some thing odd, Air ships large air like craft above the city.

A troop comes out to meet you, and once they find out who is with you, you are taken by the mean street into the city center, the masses hush as you pass them, as word the Princess has been found alive runs ahead of you.

Soon you find yourself in front of a palace on who's steps stands and tall and regal man. All around richly clothed men and woman armed and not look at you odd band. The Princess has not left Metalbeard side in all the time you have traveled. The tall man walks down to steps to you tears in his eyes. He looks at you.

"How is this possible? what divine magic is this? My daughter back from the dead" he holds up his arms and she runs to him, all is silence and the masses cheer as one. Whoops and calls ring out as every one is over joyed.

After A time the brake there embrace and the King stands, looking at you.

"Who are you brave souls to risk all for us?"

Players if you wish to do any thing during this time please let me know, good thing about PbP is we can retro


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Batty looks down at herself in disbeleif then the others. He cant be serious right now is the look she portrays. Unfortunatly she chooses to speak.

Well i'm not so sure about the brave part or perhaps the soul at least as far as im concerned. You best look to your men for those you seek. Many brave ones there whom would risk their life for your daughter. Thats something I would not claim, no offense meant im just like that. Not that we just sat there or anything. I guess what im saying is your welcome.

Batty seems to get tired about halfway through her speach. She seems to just wrap it up as she displays mental tiredness.

Names Batty by the way.


F Sylph Ninja 7

"Brehna." Brehna says indicating herself, but otherwise stays quiet.


"Please come in to my palace,"
Leads you in wile you tell him who you are, The troop comes and the kids come with you. You are told rooms have been given to you for your own use wile you stay, and that you can rest until the night when there will be a big meal in your honer. As walk in a Dwarf of the curt runs over and picks up one of the kids, this starts a rush as other come and clams there kin. soon every child has a family member holding them.

Ok players, you all gain a level, please post what level you take and what you get, for HP you can roll or take Av+1 its up to you. Next stop the meal and news


As they walk, Metalbeard answers the king's query by summarizing their adventures to this point, in a series of beat-poem chants of increasingly complexity, as he beats his side in a pleasant accompanying rhythm.

Perform- oratory: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Perform- percussion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Afterwards, he addresses the King directly, doing his best to hint at his desire for a cash reward, without asking directly. Sir, it was our pleasure to help your daughter. But as you see, we are poor adventurers from far away, and have a great distance to return, so will not be able to linger long in your domain.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Updated char sheet for Metalbeard posted at http://irememberaram.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/55186881/Metalbeard.pdf .


He seems very well disposed to the group, Meatbeard could you tell your tails at the Dinner that would have a much greater impact.

You can ask before then for some kind of reword, to which the king says.
"yes of course, at the dinner we shall present you with some thing"

when you get to your sweet of rooms you fine Tailors there,
you all gain a fine set of clothes worth 200gp.

The king comes and talks to you all about who you are and how you came to be here. He says the will all be going soon, this world is not safe so they will fly to sea gate and move to another plain. (he dos not say what the sea gate is).

Do you wish to go with them are got back to the manner house?
He can have Mages Open a gate to the manner house if you need it he says.

If you wish to do some thing before the meal please feel free to let me know.


That night you go for the meal where ever one is waiting, the King gives you all troops as well a shinny gold medial, (500gp) and says you can ask him for any one thing, if it is in his power to give he will.

So players whats the one thing you would ask a king for?


The Modron looks at him hopefully. Actually, your Highness, I have been searching for many years to find out the fate of my people. Can you send word to the various sages of your kingdom, to try to report any sightings of other Modrons, and gather the information here? I can then try to return in a year or so, and see if anything has been learned.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


"I can do more than that Master Metalbeard I have some thing that may be if great interest to you. It was found some time ago"

The King talks to a servant who heads off, some time later you see an old man come in with two men carrying a odd looking book, the book is off some size and made of metal. They place it on a side table for you to look at.
When the book is opened all that can been seen is highly complex patterns of interlocking shapes made from diffident kinds of metal, some reset some not, what it more odd is that the old man, you can tell a scoller, puts his hands on two parts and they start to move. shifting other parts.

"We know its a Modron book"
he says,
"It is said to be your races history, but we have no idea how to read it."

the kind steps up,

"Study it all you wish but note we levee tomorrow for the sea gate, and the book gos with us I am sorry to say, it was given us to look after"

make me some rolls Metalbeard :)


Other playes what is your wish?


At this point we have new players coming in, If a current player has not posted by Sunday I will take it they have left the game, and open the game to more players.

At the Kings ball is a lot of odd looking beings all on the run from the "green war" as they call it, some say it has even impacted other planes.

You will all be going back to Sigil if you wish the following day. So that gives you time to shop and the old players time to ask the King for there one thing.

Well hope to hear from you all soon for

ON the Spike - part 2

"The second key"


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Still here just need to finish leveling, going Druid. Just havent had the proper time, inlaws in town and such, I should be good tonight.


Thanks for letting me know Bastill, will hold on till you level and do you r thing the king


The modron's eyes light up with excitement. Literally, that is-- his eyes shine like spotlights, illuminating the book as he rapidly turns the pages, skimming for any relevant information that might relate to the ultimate fate of his race. Thank you, Your Highness, you have more than repaid any favors I have done! He rapidly analyzes what he is reading, in light of what he already knows.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24

Normally, he would be entertaining his various new acquiantances... but tonight, he is totally focused on the book.

WRT shopping before we leave: what was the total value of rewards we received again? Can we assume any items in the Pathfinder books are available at list price?


The old players who saved the princess get 200gp cloths, 500gp gold medal and 14,000gp gemstones in a small bag each, this is from the princess herself. You can find any manner of items in this city from across the planes, so feel free to make stuff from the pathfinder rules

@

Metalbeard what the book says:
There is a lot of history you know, what Metron moved rankss up and down, then from your roles you read that the Metron leadership had a great debate about a thing called the, 'Prime mechanism' and that it needed meaning or fixing or help??. They where asked for aid by some one called Ambassador Targaryen, from the 'Gray Dragon'. that rings a bell some place in your mind 'Targaryen' you know that name but where??. Ambassador Targaryen once he had asked for help said he must go back for none who sort to help the Great Gray?? would be safe. Once they had made up there minds the Metron leadership sort a thing called the gate of gates )what ever that is) and when they found it they went 'into' it.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

"I'm not so eloquent as my metal friend your highness and my needs are far simpler, if more crass. Hard currency would be a good enough reward for me, though I can't say it did much to earn it. Or maybe a good bow. Could've used one of those earlier.

I'm still here, sorry for being a little flaky lately. So we that's 14000gp each right? On top of the share the 18 000gp from Mr. Tippy Toe when we get back to Sigil? For level 7, HP: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 everything else is updated, just need to buy stuff.


Yep so some real coin,

"A bow you say, I have one you may like"

The king says some thing and a +2 Comp (bone) Bow is given to you, Its is +3 Str to use, so thats +3DMG as well, It is also Intelligent.

TrueFire:

Talks Common
Dark Vision 60'
Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 10
Light as ziro level spell 3/day
'Spark' As Ziro level spell at will.
6/Day any arrow it fires dos 1d6 fire DMG.

"If you can pull this bow then its your Grune, its its called TrueFire, as for coin I think my little Princess has some thing for you."

She comes and hands you the bag of gems.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Your Grace, I do believe I have a problem you could help me with. My dear friend Koda has been growing quickly and will soon outgrow his Saddle. I would be most obliged if you could fit him with some new barding, a Harness, and if possible perhaps some magical improvements to make him stronger. He is my sole protector you see and I fear I have not done much to keep him safe, from lack of proper ability and resources. Whatever you can do would be much appreciated.

Batty graciously accepts the gems when they are handed to her, knowing well to not look inside until in private, lest she reveal that what she received was already apt payment.

I'm pretty much leaving Kodas Harness up to you. My first thoughts were a simple saddle which is relatively cheep, fitted with some mithril for a bit of armor, He doesn't have proficiency so something without ACP, which means likely low AC around 2-4, then if still possible a small strength enhancement. But if you see fit for something else I will very much appreciate your creativity.


F Sylph Ninja 7

still here. Sorry for the delay. Will level Brehna today.

"I am of a race of air, yet I cannot fly. If you have some remedy to that I'd be grateful." Brehna says confidently.


F Sylph Ninja 7

+1 BAB, +1d6 sneak, 11 skill points, +5hp, +1feat Cloud gazer (slyph racial. Can see through mist and fog) shopping now too.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

"My Lord is most generous."

That is quite the extravagant bow. Also will buy some boots of speed with the gems.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna will see if she can purchase an ever smoking bottle and the best necklace of fireballs she can afford. Also boots of striding and springing or levitate depending on funds and availability. :-)


@Brehna:

As you go to your room after the party, two of the Kings mages come to you,

"Please Miss Brehna could you come with us.

As you follow they take you into a tall building you can see as being some kind of lab. They had you over to a female Orc in a white dress who takes you into a room with a strapped table on it.

"please could you take your clothing off and drink this"

A bit worried you ask her what this is all about,

"We have been told by he high mage that you are to be given wings, this is what we intend to do Miss Brehna, the drink is part of the process and I am asking you to take your clothing off so that they are not damaged. Once you have drunk and taken your cloths off could you lay face down on the table."

You look around the room but see no others nore any thing that could harm you. You do as asked. The drink is sweet and you down it all. Then as you get on the table you start to feel sleepy. The Orc straps you down and blackness pulls you down into a deep sleep.

Your dreams are dark ones, filled with the sounds a cutting and drills.
Some thing hard and dark comes a raps itself around your falling from the air. Then Groggily you wake is a sunny room your still on your back but some thing has changed, there is a weight behind you. In the room with you is the Orc and 3 mages.

"Are good your awake, that last healing spell did the stick,"

Two of the Mages nod and leave the room, it seems there work is done.
The one left says.

"Well Miss Brehna it was a 5 hour operation and I must say at times you has use worried but its seems to have worked just fine. Growing the wings to a size to suit you and affixing them with a new skeletal and muscle structure was the hard part, but all seems in place. Your fully healed and and they should work fine. Just do not ask us for any other things like this, I do not think your body to take it."

With that he gos out the room as well.

The orc helps you get up and you find it odd as you can feel the wings on your back. The Orc takes you to large Mirror and as you look in you your self as you ever where but now on your back two Owls wings, large and with feathers, with a flick they open up. The joy you feel is over whelming.

Ok you now have wings and the form to use them, you get flight 30' Average and can take flight beast monster feats to make that batter. Bad news is your clothing and kit may have to be changed to take the wings into account. and your carrying capacity takes a -20lb for the wings wight. :) there you go


@Bastille:

Bastille, three crafts men and a Gnome mage come to see you that night,
"We are here to make you pat Koda some new equipment mama the mage says."

As you let them in they make a fuss of Kosa and are soon trying things on.

"Bording will be no good, aerodynamics you see and the weight, best he has natural armor and some thing to bust his body two power odds, yes. This and this should do it "

From a magic bag he takes a belt and an amulet, then some strappings and a small saddle like contraption, Soon the crafts men are working and and before midnight they are done.

"There you go, light and effective should hold you and help Koda. Well miss with other things to be getting on with good night"

With that they pack up and go as fast as they came.

What you get is a riding saddle for Koda that gives him +2 STR and +2 AC Nat Armor, it also a handy Haversack built in, its master work and made of Mythral in parts. Last of all it has Endures elements 1/day (koda only) a small stud on the front makes the spell work.


F Sylph Ninja 7

on my phone now, but will post more later. I was going to take the racial feat for flight in a few levels, but wings are cool too. :-)


cool


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Before the craftsmen leave Batty stops them to say her thank yous.

Your work is much appreciated not only by me but by Koda. He would like me to tell you thank you. Well technically he said something akin to he will not attack any who resonate your frequency, but the meaning is the same. From me as well a well deserved, thank you.

When we see the king again. Batty has a slight hint of emotion and cheer in her voice, very different from her normal drab and dragging speech.

Your Grace, everything has worked out wonderfully, Your men were effective and kind. I hope your journey is brings you to fine things. I believe I am set to head back to the manor. Though I have not discussed it with my compatriots. What do we think guys.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna stands and experiments with her new appendages.

Thinking to herself
"everything seems to be working. I wonder if they actually will lift me?"

"do you have a ledge I can jump off of? Forty feet tall should be sufficient for a trial run...err trial fly."

Assuming such a thing easily found Brenhna experimentally jump and take flight. If not Brehna will get a running start and try to get some altitude.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Editing shopping list: ever smoking bottle, ring of feather fall (just in case), best necklace of fireball I can afford.


As you all come together the next day you see the city is on the move, Shops are closing fast and every one is talking about the trip to the sea gate. Then King and Princess come to see you with 4 mages,

The Princess says
" Metalbeard I know you must go but I will never forget you, I want you to take Troll with you, he has looked ofter me and now he will look after you. Hes a good troll and knows of your home Sigil, please keep safe and when we meet again you can sing me more songs."

She seems to upset to carry on and crys in her Farther's clothing.

The king smiles and says,

"I wish you only the best, but I would also ask one thing of you, this Bariaur works do me and helps me by going to other planes and seeing what is behind this green war. Please permit him to travel with you, should he make his way back to me we may understand more of why that has happened to ours and other worlds. Now for your root home, the mages use magic to get you to the manner house from there its upto you. Please Keep save and travel well."

With that he steps back and the mages make a gate way to the room you came from in the manner house.

You have time for shopping and can get what you need, once your done go into the gate way.


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

Dotting for now. I'll give a full intro post in a few hours when I have more time.


Ok runt that should be fine


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

The creature that had been quietly standing nearby as the queen had spoken (and in her presence nearly every time they had ever seen her, they now recalled) was unlike any troll they had ever heard of.

For starters, he stood only about the height of a tall man rather than the usual towering girth trolls were known for. His skin and muscles were grey and taught, corded and wiry, not green and thick. He wore a simple hooded robe like some kind of monk. His hood hiding most of his face until she addressed him. Without a word he stepped forward and lowered his hood revealing slate-grey eyes that reflected light like a night-predators and a wide, thin-lipped mouth. His arms hung nearly to his knees and he was barefoot carrying no visible weapons.

He bowed respectfully to the metallic creature she had called Metalbeard.


"now your to keep him safe and help him find the other Metrons, Daddy says they need to be found and make the worlds whole again, I do not know what that means but I feel it needs to be done. Metalbeard Troll i clever and smart and fast, he always knows whats best when danger is around, you look after him as well. Runt please come back to us when Metalbeard find the lost ones."

She hands Runt a rune stone,

"This will always bring you back to me"

With that she gos with the king out to help her people move to the sea gate.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna watches the troll cautiously a moment , then shrugs. "you watch my back ill watch yours. That's the way of the road. So, what's your name or shall I just call you Troll?"

You can all note that Brehna now has giant owl wings strapped to her back.


AC 30, HP 96/96, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +3, AoO 9/9

The troll bowed to the queen with care and reverence. "Your will iz my will, Your Magezty."

Turning to the companion of his new charge, the female that had addressed him he nodded. "That will szuffice."


F Sylph Ninja 7
Runt the Troll wrote:

The troll bowed to the queen with care and reverence. "Your will iz my will, Your Magezty."

Turning to the companion of his new charge, the female that had addressed him he nodded. "That will szuffice."

"I'm Brehna, Troll."

Brehna is an extremely thin pale blue woman with owl wings. She wears a small bag at her side and leather armor (it's been altered to accomodate wings). She has a number of small weapons strapped to various parts of her body.

301 to 350 of 610 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The 1st Key All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.