Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Life on the spike, A Planescape PbP game (Inactive)

Game Master You want more Gravitas?

Sit in Sigil at the center of all the planes, borks try and get on with life in a place where any thing gos but gods.


251 to 300 of 610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Round 1

Seeing the lumbering giant wreaking havoc, Grune rushes forward to try to slow it down. He lashes out with his whip (from 10ft away) and tries to topple the beast.

Trip: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39

If he falls, anyone who is threatening it gets an attack of opportunity (Greater Trip).


Ref to stay upright, 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2 Vs DC39 Fail

@Grune wow thats a hell of a roll, yes like some falling tree one of the things legs lock and it over balances, falling with a crash onto the ground, leveling a shop front. Indeed any one threatening it gets a AoO +2 to hit as its prone sorry should have said +1 to hit for size.

Trops shoot

9d20 ⇒ (19, 2, 13, 14, 11, 13, 16, 18, 16) = 122 Hits +8 on each roll
Crit conform 2d20 ⇒ (7, 19) = 26
9d8 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 7, 3, 8, 7, 4, 8) = 42DMG -2 of each roll
Crit DMG 2d8 ⇒ (1, 8) = 9


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

@Pain: I don't think the troops would get an attack of oppertunity due to them not threatening the giant. It should only be people within melee distance, or who ever has reach.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Revial is right. Also, (not that it matters with that roll), Trip attacks are against CMD, so no rolls required.

Combat Maneuver Defense:

Each character and creature has a Combat Maneuver Defense (or CMD) that represents its ability to resist combat maneuvers. A creature's CMD is determined using the following formula:

CMD = 10 + Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + Dexterity modifier + special size modifier + miscellaneous modifiers

Special Size Modifier

The special size modifier for a creature's Combat Maneuver Defense is as follows:

Fine –8, Diminutive –4, Tiny –2, Small –1, Medium +0, Large +1, Huge +2, Gargantuan +4, Colossal +8.

Some feats and abilities grant a bonus to your CMD when resisting specific maneuvers.

Miscellaneous Modifiers

A creature can also add any circumstance, deflection, dodge, insight, luck, morale, profane, and sacred bonuses to AC to its CMD. Any penalties to a creature's AC also apply to its CMD. A flat-footed creature does not add its Dexterity bonus to its CMD.


showing my lack of knowledge here guys sorry, Ill move the Troop attack to round 2 The thing has Dex 6 Str 18 +4 so its at 10 + 4 -2 +4 +0
= CMD 16 with a 34 I think you got it. This thing is big and slow.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Is anyone in Melee with the creature? If no Brehna moves wide to a more strategic positon where she can charge the thing to flank with someone who moves into melee.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

No worries Pain, there are a lot of rules to keep track of in this game ;).

@Brehna: Grune is in melee range.


Metalbeard, heartened a bit by his allies' skill in toppling the horror, starts drumming his side again and begins another war chant.

There once was a big ugly horror
Who a scarred warrior just loved to bother
He tangled its feet,
His friends said "Wow, sweet!"
And it went bye-bye back to the water.

Inspiring courage again, +2 to attacks & damage for allies.

Perform (oratory): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


F Sylph Ninja 7
Grune the Scarred wrote:

No worries Pain, there are a lot of rules to keep track of in this game ;).

@Brehna: Grune is in melee range.

Brehna moves to flank with Grune slicing with her weapon

Kusarigama+1 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4+3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) = 10


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Batty chugs a potion of reduce person and has koda take her out of reach. She starts hanting to herself in a comically high pitched voice.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Metalbeard, all bards should have to use limericks to apply bardic performance bonuses. Tip of the hat to you sir.


Glad you like them. :-) Don't forget to apply the bonus!


round 2


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna swings her blade and chain expertly while she flanks with Grune.

Kusarigama+1 (slash) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 111d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7+3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 3) = 11
Kusarigama+1 (bludgeon)1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 261d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9+3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) = 8


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Round 2, Init: 22

Grune lashes out with his his whip:

Full attack: Attack 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Full attack: Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage 1(slashing):1d3 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage 2(slashing):1d3 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

If the beast tries to stand up, Grune will attempt to pull it down again:
Attack of Opportunity 1(trip): 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25
Attack of Opportunity 2(trip): 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31

For reference:

Prone:
The character is lying on the ground. A prone attacker has a –4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A prone defender gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a –4 penalty to AC against melee attacks.

Standing up is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity.


F Sylph Ninja 7

In light of what prone means you can add +4 to my attack rolls above. Already adjusted below.

Also AOO if it tries to stand

Kusarigama+1 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 271d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4+3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 1) = 9


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

It's worth noting that you cannot trip lock someone. When they provoke the AoO they already are prone so you would just knock them prone then they would finish their provoking action, meaning they would simply stand up.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7
Bastille Targarian wrote:
It's worth noting that you cannot trip lock someone. When they provoke the AoO they already are prone so you would just knock them prone then they would finish their provoking action, meaning they would simply stand up.

On closer inspection, you are correct. So, if it is carrying a weapon make the AOO a disarm at a 21 to hit, if not just make it a standard AOO, with a 19 to hit for 1d3 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11, also forgot about the inspire courage, so that is a 27 and 17 to hit for the attacks themselves.


OK got it, With the round 2 shots from the troops the mass falls apart.
But it makes a hideous scream and it dos so and the dark shapes in the sky come your way.

Its dead but some thing is coming from the air

Number 1d6 ⇒ 2

Dark flying things


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:

OK got it, With the round 2 shots from the troops the mass falls apart.

But it makes a hideous scream and it dos so and the dark shapes in the sky come your way.

Its dead but some thing is coming from the air

Number 1d6

Dark flying things

"Can anyone fly?" Brehna asks knives still dripping undead plant blood substitute.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

if you want to get small, you can hop on Koda. Assuming you want to get close to those things of course. batty says as she takes a potion out and flys to brehna.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5
Brehna wrote:
"Can anyone fly?" Brehna asks knives still dripping undead plant blood substitute.

"Indeed" Replies Revial in a melodious voice. "Still, I suspect they shall come to us, rather then we shall need to come to them."

Do we need to re-roll init? Or is this considered the same encounter?


They come over slow, as they get closer you see they are some kind of large leaf, that flaps slowly, you hear a high pinched screechs,

Ok Rolls

Knowledge nature
Knowledge planes
Knowledge bardic (any)

you have about 12 rounds before they get to you, they move at 30'


As he wipes off giant-horror-gore from his armor, Metalbeard squints and tries to figure out what is flying towards the group.

Bardic knowledge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Geez, another 2???

I think someone in the sky has cooked us breakfast, and those are giant pancakes being magically delivered. Does anyone have some maple syrup?

Perhaps the shock of the giant horror has still left Metalbeard's brain-gears a bit out of sync.


@MB I can not see you profile or a link to it? is the site playing up?


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Grune squints up at the approaching things, trying to think if he has seen them before.

Knowledge(planes):1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


@Grune they look to you like "Fungoid cloakers"

Also you can make a Dungeoneering roll to know this DC16


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

know(nat):1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
know(plane):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Oh great, I really don't feel like getting choked by a cloaker today. Everyone get out your spiked helmets, Crazy looking cloakers inbound! Looks like they're some sort of fungus too, better hold your breath till they're dead.

Just assuming I know too, let me know if the 25 gets any more, like weaknesses or special attacks.


@Bastille:

@Bastille

they are yellow and large, they seem to be bigger than they should be.
that means a spore range of 20' also you start it hear Moans as they come on

OK what ya going to do, to coming
Rounds clock is ticking the kids are all hiding in a biulding the the troops are looking to you,

"you going to just stand in the open?"

asks the Comander in a 'are you mad!' kind of way

Im not going to kid you this is going to be a hard fight, the two of them can esaly TPK ya so you have rounds to get ready in, if one blasts the kids with spors the kids are dead


@DM: You mean the site with my char sheet? (http://irememberaram.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/55186881/Metalbeard.pdf). I just tested it, seems to be up now... tell me if you still have problems.

With a couple of rounds to prepare, Metalbeard yells to the kids, Don't forget the bag! As soon as one of them draws a fuzzball from the bag he loaned them earlier, it turns into a... 1d100 ⇒ 87... weasel. Well, at least it's an alternate target, he remarks, as the rather unthreatening animal starts to run around in circles.

Another flash of inspiration hits the modron. He retrieves his folding boat, turns it upside down, and presses the button to create a 15-person craft. Or, in this position, a 15-person shelter. If anyone needs a better hiding spot, get under here, he yells to his companions and the kids.

He also retrieves a magical flask from his pack & passes it to Grune.
Squeeze as you drink the sake-- it has a random effect, but may make you an even better warrior for a few minutes. Slight chance of shrinking you too, but I think it's worth the risk. Flask of Endless Sake-- 1/d has a random effect: 1=heroism/2=cure mod wounds/3=enlarge per/4=reduce per/5=lesser restore/6=rage

Satisfied that he has done all the preparation he can think of, Metalbeard starts preparing his parabolic reflectors. Batty, do you know if these things are vulnerable to Blindness?


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

Pain how far are the "targets" away?


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

I honestly don't think it will matter. They will just send out clouds of spores. Really rather unfortunate. I'll be needing a bath after this. Perhaps we best take the fight to them or perhaps we best hide. Maybe if we could separate them. Revial, have you ever been a good distraction? Brena, you're still welcome to use koda if you want to tangle. he can hear me quite well from far away.

DM can batty control a swarm of bats with feral speach? because if she can shes going to do that.


@Metalbeard thanks added it to Game info

@Revial They are moveing at 20' and some 200' away and closing, at a hight to 40'

Location info, your in a small town, house look to be one and two floors, most large 3 up 4 down, there is one big biulding, looks like a Gran store, come shop, come temple, come city call, come inn all in one, its more a compund like biulding. your in the main Square next to the only well in the place, there are not tress only low shrubs. Think Mexico.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

"Get the kids under cover. Revial see if you can disuade their advance with a couple of well placed shots. Do we have any magical artillery that can take them down? "

Grune coils his whip and pulls out the sword he was given.

Did we lose our wizard?


F Sylph Ninja 7
Bastille Targarian wrote:

I honestly don't think it will matter. They will just send out clouds of spores. Really rather unfortunate. I'll be needing a bath after this. Perhaps we best take the fight to them or perhaps we best hide. Maybe if we could separate them. Revial, have you ever been a good distraction? Brena, you're still welcome to use koda if you want to tangle. he can hear me quite well from far away.

DM can batty control a swarm of bats with feral speach? because if she can shes going to do that.

"Save that idea. I may need it to get an upperhand when the fight starts. For the moment I have to wait until they get closer."

This is why I prefer wizards. Options!. lol.


Metalbeard gets a little nervous as he realizes that he's the closest thing to a wizard that the party has... and his abilities aren't very well-suited to dealing with giant mutant plants. Since Batty doubts that Blindness will affect them, he readies himself to do more focused sonic damage as soon as the creatures get within range.

Readying Ear-Piercing Scream, I think he has 3 more left today. Will continue to cast again for following rounds. 3d6 sonic damage to single target, range 40', DC15 Fort for 1/2
Casting 1: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1) = 8
Casting 2: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) = 12
Casting 3: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 6) = 17


you 7 rounds
hint the nun said some thing about fighting iff flying things


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Don't forget what the Nun said. Hit them with fire if you can. Makes sense the spores should go up like sawdust. Revial, do you have any rag tipped arrows. We could get a small campfire going. Perhaps add some punch to your shots. Does anyone have spark prepared today?

Survival to get a quick fire going, just a small campfire to light arrows, hopefully with magical help:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Also, GM can I get a word on controlling a bat swarm with Feral Speach, will it work?


"Cloakers are immune to these sonic, mind-affecting attacks."
thats all it says, is Feral Speach mind-affecting ?
Also there is only 2 large ones not a swarm @Batty


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

im thinking about summoning my own swarm. Of bats. Then using feral speach rodent to command them all. Thats my plan but i need to know ooc if it will work. Batty has definitely tried this in her past as a test.


Ok you can talk to the bats, but not the aberration Cloakers, how ever if you can control animal you can use the bats to draw off the Cloakers


F Sylph Ninja 7

"I have a flask of oil. I can douse them if someone can light them up. "

Brehna will also quickly wrap a few arrows in cloth and dip them in oil so she can make flaming arrows when the time comes. It's not pretty because she doesn't have the time, but it'll suffice.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Before Batty starts her makeshift fire, she starts calling out in clicks and chatters, similar to how she speaks to Koda. You can see bats coming to swarm about her. In a round she has a swarm flying about her. She clicks loudly pointing at the beast on the left. The swarm takes off to devour it's prey. She then slowly starts to gather for the fire, clicking and screeching all the way.

Casting Summon Swarm. They will trail the one on the left, they move 40 so this should be easy. They do 1d6/round damage plus wounding for 1 bleed/round. Batty would have done this ASAP and been spending much of her time concentrating on it, so only move actions each round. Her fire would have taken some time this way but the swarm is most important. By my math if batty summons ASAP they will get to the cloaker with 6 rounds, or 120 feet for the cloakers to move, so that's hopefully 6d6 damage before they are in melee, plus 1 extra bleed damage per round, and it will continue bleeding until it can make a dc 10 heal check. I'll just roll that now, but feel free to disregard if you figure something else to happen. I doubt the swarm is big enough to get them both.

Swarm + Bleed Damage:6d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5, 6, 1, 5) + 6 = 33


I can help you light things on fire. Metalbeard strikes his hand against his side, causing several sparks to fly out. Just point me to what you need to burn. As long as it's within 40 feet.

Spark cantrip.


The sworm hits one and it vears off to the left, seeking to shake them off you see puffs of yellow follow it and some bats fall but its moving to fast. The other how ever keep on comming.


Ok in range now 60' if your going to shoot do so


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna reached into her pouch and pulls out a flask with a mostly clear liquid.
To metal beard
"When it gets close I'll throw this on it and you light it up."


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Grune adds buying a bow, to his mental list of things do if they ever get out of here.


F Sylph Ninja 7
Grune the Scarred wrote:
Grune adds buying a bow, to his mental list of things do if they ever get out of here.

Brehna has a bow stowed in her backpack in clear view.


do not forget the Troops all have cross bows, now whos going to tell them what to do?

251 to 300 of 610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The 1st Key All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.