Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Life on the spike, A Planescape PbP game (Inactive)

Game Master Johnny_Panic

Sit in Sigil at the center of all the planes, borks try and get on with life in a place where any thing gos but gods.


201 to 250 of 610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"We need to act quickly, we can not let that spell happen. Who knows what is waiting on the other side."

Revial will Cast Bless on the group and [i]Aid[i] on himself.

"These should last about five spans. If you have anything else to cast, do it fast."


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
With the kids behind with the nun you are very close looking down at a hollow, just as your coached there the Flickering druid skips passed from one tree to another, it dos not even seem to see you. Your about 50' from the two druids standing with hands on the great tree eyes closed.

Brehna charges.

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

-2 AC for this round.

After the attack as a swift action Brehna vanishes from sight.


Just as you move Brehna a plant like arm comes out of the just forming gate, its huge, you run under it and then smacked one one of the druids on the side and knocked him over, the other stops and cry's out in pain.
The gate winks out and the large arm falls to the ground, it makes a grab for you but it gets the other druid by mistake, crushing him like a grape.

Surprise Round
Brehna acted
rest to go


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Batty calls out to the flickering druid. Sweet words of praise and loving kindness emanate from her mouth in Druidic. She walks closer to it showing it she is unarmed and wishes no harm.

Casting Charm Person on the blinky druid. DC 16 will save

If that doesn't work Koda moves up to take defensive stance between her and the druid.


as you stand ready it runs through out out the other side you feel nothing as it passes, its not real...


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Hence the call for Will checks...

"Careful, it might be a trap."

Grune places himself between the children and the illusory druid.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"Your right Grune, it could be a trap." Revial will take to the sky's as part of a normal move, hovering 40' off the ground. Keeping an arrow ready to fire.


A cross bow bolt zips past you head Revial as you head into the air, YOu see the commander of the Troop looking at you Grune and Bastille, in an odd way, He holds his hand up and the Troop stop shooting then he shouts

"Hail! who be thee?"

Just then the large plant like arm brake out from where the last chanting druid is getting up.

Its heading for the nun and the Children, pulling its arm for would with its fingers at a fast speed.

The kids scream as it comes.

Initiative rolls if your going to fight it
Round 1

Troop 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Kids+nun 1d20 ⇒ 7
Evil Plant Arm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


F Sylph Ninja 7

Not sure, but I believe I was in the middle of killing someone.

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Brehna expertly swings her chain and sickle attempting to further open up the druid she already damaged.

Kusarigama(Slash)+1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Kusarigama(bludgeon)+1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


@Yep Berhan if no ones going to do any more in the Surprise round.

we can move on to round 1 and your up

Hes prone so both hit, and hes out cold and looking unwell.

The Arm thumps past you on its way to the kids, you get an AoO.


F Sylph Ninja 7

AOO against Arm 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


@Brehna you it it but its skin is thick Dr/5 but you do cut a lump off as it crawls past


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"Children! Look out!"

Initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Revial, bow already in hand, draws back and lets fly with two arrows at the hand.

Attack Roll Ranged +1 Composite Longbow (Str +4) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Damage Roll Ranged +1 Composite Longbow (Str +4) 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Attack Roll Ranged +1 Composite Longbow (Str +4) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Damage Roll Ranged +1 Composite Longbow (Str +4) 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Edit: Possible Crit Attack 1, confirmation.
Attack Roll Ranged +1 Composite Longbow (Str +4) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
CRIT Damage Roll Ranged +1 Composite Longbow (Str +4) 2d8 + 26 ⇒ (3, 1) + 26 = 30 Total damage: 47


@Revial As its claiming over a log you arrows hit hard pinning it to the log, it dos not stop how ever, moving it ripping its hand apart, sap leaks out of it from a massive rear, now unable to move it stops, you can see that its seems to be starting to heal itself, by means of fine roots into the earth.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

How big is this arm and how fast is it moving.

Int:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


It was moving fast about 60' a round but its stopped for now, Side wise is 30' long 10' wide and 10' high so large


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 initiative

Going to go defensive near koda for now. Just checking the sky for danger.

Perception:[dice]1d20+16[/ooc]


Initiative: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

Metalbeard sees the evil plant arm heading for the children, and decides his top priority must be to stop it. He rushes to interpose himself between the arm and the children, then focuses his parabolic noise-reflector on it.

Ear-Piercing Scream, 3d6 damage + daze, Fort save DC15 for 1/2 damage.
Scream damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) = 11

Assuming the branch wasn't immune, he continues the scream for the next 2 rounds.
Scream round 2, round 3: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6) = 14,3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) = 6

He also yells to the kids. Don't be forgettin' the bag!
Assuming one will draw from the bag of tricks.
Bag roll: 1d100 ⇒ 72
A rather confused-looking cat emerges from the bag to help defend the children. It looks rather pathetic against the giant tree branch, but might distract it for a few seconds.


F Sylph Ninja 7
Bastille Targarian wrote:

1d20+2 initiative

Going to go defensive near koda for now. Just checking the sky for danger.

Perception:1d20+16[/ooc]

Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Fixed that for you. ;-)


@Metalbeard Sonic will not work on it's immune you can re-do action.

The Troop of Lizard mounted man see what your doing and look to be coming over. The Running Druid winked out when the last druid fell over.


Seeing that the sonic attack has no effect on the plant-monster, Metalbeard realizes that his best option is to motivate his more combat-oriented companions through inspirational poetry.

There once was a scarred half-ogre,
Who fought as well drunk as when sober.
He chopped up a tree,
then squished plants with his knee
And the kids all kissed him when it was over.

Perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Inspire Courage, allies get +2 to attacks & damage.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Grune puts himself between the kids and the plant, readying to strike out if it gets into range.

"Keep moving kiddies, we wont let the big bad thingy hurt you."


Going to move this along . The Troop come up and see what your doing, they start turchs and throw oil on the thrashing hand soon it is on fire and still.

The Troop leader comes over to you and stops in his tracks as he seens one of the Childean. Its the Elf Girl who went up to Metalbeard.

"Your Highness, we where told you where dead, I beg you forgivness for out troop failing to stay for you and the Nuns of Light. But we had orders not to say from your farther."

The whole troop bow before the child, The Nun comes over.

"I am sorry Sir Yantoo me and my sisters could get get here any faster we..."

The Child places her hand on the Minators arm and you can see the nun is close to crying.

"I told the nuns to bring the others with me, Commander, that is why we are late, and why my dear nuns dead to keep us well. We would have been dead as well if it had not been for our new freands here."

Says the elf Child, The Captin looks at you with unbeliving eyes.

"I do not know from where they came, but with out them, you and we would be in darkness now."[b]

She looks at you.

[b]"They have my they have the eternal gratitude of Princess Farina Lye"

She bows to you and on seeing this so do the troop and the nun.

"Your Highness, we must be away from here to the south as fast as we can. Freands of the Princess, I would ask how and who but we do not have time, I will ask how ever for help, we can place the childean on the Zirocs"

he points to the lizards

"But we have to move fast, I think we can get to the dry lands buy this time tomorrow, would you aid us in this?"


Metalbeard is a bit surprised to discover that the lost child was actually of royal status. He tries to think if he has heard anything about a Princess Farina Lye, or a King/Queen Lye of some sort, which plane and nation they might belong to, and their general attitude and disposition.

Bardic Knowledge (Knowledge-local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Unfortunately, knowledge of human nobles is not really his specialty.

We need be movin' fast? I be helpin' with that. Metalbeard begins banging his side rhythmically to set a brisk marching pace, motioning for the children to line up behind him.

Triple Time ability: speed +10 for 6 allies. He'll focus on the children first, since they are probably slowest


As the troop move to place the childean on there, Lizards the Comander comes over,

"I would know your names, and who you be srangers"

He says this out of ear shoot of the Nun and Strangers

@Metalbeard Once you move out that action will come into play


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:

As the troop move to place the childean on there, Lizards the Comander comes over,

"I would know your names, and who you be srangers"

He says this out of ear shoot of the Nun and Strangers

@Metalbeard Once you move out that action will come into play

I guess the two chanters are dead? I was stabbing them when last we left.

Brehna walks over from where those creating the portal were. She wipes the blood off her odd weapon using a scrap of clothing from the fallen as she joins the group. Tossing the cloth aside she walks up to the group and sheathes her weapon.

"I am Brehna. I am a stranger to you, but if you fight those who would slaughter children then we are allies."


One got killed by the thing it summoned and you did more than stab him you killed him. Well the Troops did that once they came over, I moved things along as others where waiting to act. Off the dead you get a wand of CMW's (charges Unknown) and an odd looking stone. DC25 Planes to know what it is.

@Brehna The Commander looks at you,
"You seem like a slip of a girl yet you fight with skill, like no one I have ever seen before, it would be good to have your aid, I am Comander Toroc of the Royal household Cavalry."

@Revial, A rider comes over and looks you up and down, he seems to approve of your Orderliness.
"Be you a Knight Sir?"

@Metalbeard, When the come to move the Princess, she holds onto you hand.
"I say with Metalbeard, he is my bodyguard, you are not to get in his way"
She smiles at you.

@Grune two of the group look up at you one say,
"Great light man, you look like you have been in the wars, Tong get me that sword we found."

The other rushes off to a lizard and comes back with a large Great sword.

"Any use to you? none of use know how to use this thing."

@Bastille Every one seem to be running around putting the kids on lizard back. When you spat a dark do in the sky its moving slowly and not coming your way, but you have a feeling its could bad news if you hang around much longer here.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Assuming loot is shown to everyone. Know(planes):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

We should probably get going guys. Unless of course you want to meet that big ugly darkness in the sky, which I'm not really in the mood for. She uninterestedly points out what she saw to the rest. Oh yes my name is Bastille Aerys Targarian, Most call me Batty, however, and I would appreciate you do the same. No use for my old name anyways, here of all places. She sighs softly as she decides to help some children to speed things along.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

Knowledge (planes) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

The queen? This is far more then the terms of the contract!

"A knight? I n all fairness cannot claim membership in a knightly order. Though perhaps you could say that I am a champion of law and order." Then turning back to the child queen Revial takes a knee. "Your majesty, as visitors to your realm and as the lawful sovereign of said realm, it would be my pleasure to assist you in your exodus."


@Revial + Bastille if your shown it, its a planes shift trigger, and will take you (if you can work out how to activate it to a fixed location on a fixed plane, by means of a one use gate) Note: the stone explodes destroying the gate very soon after its been activated, who where it gos you have no idea.

@Revial the Princess bows back and says.
"I think you will like my Farther the king very much, you remind me of him"

@Batty, the troops know and you start to move out.

@if the others wish to act, please post, I can retro things to a point.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Never one to look a gift sword in the mouth, Grune graciously accepts the sword.

"It's not really my thing, but if I didn't take it, I'm sure I would need it before long."

For the moment, Grune is content to sit back and see how this all plays out.


Metalbeard bows (well, as much as a big cube with legs can bow) to the Princess. Realizing that he is in the presence of nobility, he also takes the time to adjust his language dial to a more appropriate setting. I am honored to travel with you, Your Highness. I shall endeavor to continue to protect you to the best of my ability.

Now that the immediate threat is past, he is curious to better understand the current danger. Commander, I am known as Metalbeard. If it's not too presumptuous, I would ask: can you tell us more about who these Druids are, and why they are so hostile towards your people?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Unfortunately. as he was speaking a large fly had meandered into Metalbeard's throat, and he coughed it up on the Commander. But even when coughing up flies, the modron is fairly diplomatic.


"We know not from where they came, one morn they attacked all the Mage halls and Temples, killing 100s with blade and there plant hords, non talk when captured, we have read there minds but they are full of just hate to all things of the flesh."


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
"We know not from where they came, one morn they attacked all the Mage halls and Temples, killing 100s with blade and there plant hords, non talk when captured, we have read there minds but they are full of just hate to all things of the flesh."

"They sound charming and all, but we really should get moving."


You move over a few hours throw woodlands and into open vineyards. You see cows, sheep dead, they seem odd (rolls) the local wild life even the birds are mostly gone, you only spot and odd animal now and then. its early quiet.

Also behind you, you see dark shapes from time to time, in flocks flying down. They some way off, the troops look happier now they are out of the wood lands.

Then at last you come to the start great desert, you stop at an empty hamlet,

"this is the last place to get water before we head out, we need to fill out canteens and let the lizards drink.

Ok guys roll any think you like before, during and as you get into the town.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna tops off her waterskin and encourages others to do the same.

"Can any of you magic water up if we need it?" SHe asks hopefully.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

dont worry ill be on refreshment duty. batty takes out a mug and fills it with magic water chugging it down as if to prove her worth.


F Sylph Ninja 7
Bastille Targarian wrote:
dont worry ill be on refreshment duty. batty takes out a mug and fills it with magic water chugging it down as if to prove her worth.

"That'll do."


1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22Perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20Perception

Brehna you stop just as you start to fill up with water, some thing is wrong, its a deep shade of green, and you spot a dead rat, its still but has some thing growing out of it, like a fungus.


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:

1d20+9Perception

1d20+12Perception

Brehna you stop just as you start to fill up with water, some thing is wrong, its a deep shade of green, and you spot a dead rat, its still but has some thing growing out of it, like a fungus.

"Get away from the water!" brehna says suddenly even as she tosses her waterskin behind her with one hand and draws a sharp knife in one swift motion with the other. She points with her knife at the rat.


You call gos out but some have all ready drink.

1d3 ⇒ 3 Lizards
1d3 ⇒ 3 Troops

The nun has taken a drink and is just about to had the cup to the princess.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

At Brehna's cry, Grune lashes out with his whip trying to knock the cup out of the nun's hand.

Disarm(15ft reach):1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23

"Something's wrong with water. Probably, best no to drink it."


The nun looks at you Grune, her hand outstretched to the princess, there is silence for a moment, she had drink to test the water before offing any to the Children, she is till for a moment then, you see a green tear form in her eye just as she falls over, she is dead before she hits the ground with a thud, you all hear other thuds sound as the others fall who have drunk fall over all around. No one moves then the princess looks away, you can see she is upset. The at as sound she looks around, one of the small buildings explodes as a true Horror comes out, of the wreckage. Shambling at out comes a large monstrous biped from, made from the body's of dead towns folk and animals sands, Its all woven together by a matting of Fungus growths and roots. The Children scream and all hell brakes lose, as every one trys to do some thing at once.

Surprise round
Green Horror - Stops and sniffs the air, locating you.

Round one
Green Horror init -1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9


F Sylph Ninja 7

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

So it's a large creature, as in size category, that is?


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


yes its 10' with reach you note its slow


Initiative: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

One of the lesser-known talents of Modrons is the facility to tighten their vocal chords to arbitrary levels of tension, approximating the voice of a screaming young girl. Metalbeard makes ample use of this ability when he spots the green horror rising from the lake. Fortunately, he still has presence of mind to eventually focus his parabolic sound reflector, after a seemingly infinite pause.

Ear-Piercing Scream: 3d6 damage, Fort DC15 for half.
Scream damage to horror (if affected by sonic): 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) = 15


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"Really? REALLY?! Well this just keeps getting better. For Celestia's sake I AM A ARCHITECT not a fighter! This was a bad contract, very very bad!"

Initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Already with his bow already in hand, Revial ceases his ranting, and draws back and lets fly with two arrows at large fungus like creature.

Attack Roll Ranged +1 Composite Longbow (Str +4) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Damage Roll Ranged +1 Composite Longbow (Str +4) 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Attack Roll Ranged +1 Composite Longbow (Str +4) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Damage Roll Ranged +1 Composite Longbow (Str +4) 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Round 1 (ding ding)

Initiative:

Running away,
Kids Run away from the geen horro into the biuldings behind them and hide.

Lizards run every whitch way In fear.

Revial - 24 (DMG Done 14-5 + 21-5)

Green Horror - 9
(Moves and grabs a dead trooper that becomes part of its body)
1d20 ⇒ 19 hp points back

Troops 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Start using missile wepons to harm it
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 To Hit
1d8 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 5 = 4 H crossbows DMG
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 To Hit
1d8 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 5 = 4 H crossbows DMG
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 To Hit
1d8 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 5 = 5 H crossbows DMG
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 To Hit
1d8 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 5 = 6 H crossbows DMG
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 To Hit
1d8 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 5 = 4 H crossbows DMG
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 To Hit
1d8 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 5 = 0 H crossbows DMG
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 To Hit
1d8 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 5 = -1 H crossbows DMG
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 To Hit
1d8 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 5 = 2 H crossbows DMG
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 To Hit
1d8 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 5 = 4 H crossbows DMG

All but one hit

Bastille - 3

Metalbeard - 0 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4 DC15 save (Ignores Hardness DMG done 15)

Brehna (to Roll)

Grune (to Roll)

201 to 250 of 610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The 1st Key All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.