Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Life on the spike, A Planescape PbP game (Inactive)

Game Master Johnny_Panic

Sit in Sigil at the center of all the planes, borks try and get on with life in a place where any thing gos but gods.


151 to 200 of 610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Metalbeard continues his drumming and song, trying to stay out of the way of his more combat-oriented allies while he inspires them in battle. Seeing that the children are enjoying it, he smiles at them and, with his free hand, motions for them to join in the singing & pantomime the surrender-pokey dance.

Perform (oratory): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Distracting Cacaphony is still in effect, Concentration DC 15+spell level for anyone casting in the area. Also, on this round he is using his standard action to add the Inspire Courage quality to his song, giving all his allies +2 to attack and damage rolls, as well as +2 to save vs charm & fear effects.


F Sylph Ninja 7
Metalbeard wrote:

Metalbeard continues his drumming and song, trying to stay out of the way of his more combat-oriented allies while he inspires them in battle. Seeing that the children are enjoying it, he smiles at them and, with his free hand, motions for them to join in the singing & pantomime the surrender-pokey dance.

Perform (oratory): 1d20+13
Diplomacy: 1d20+13

Distracting Cacaphony is still in effect, Concentration DC 15+spell level for anyone casting in the area. Also, on this round he is using his standard action to add the Inspire Courage quality to his song, giving all his allies +2 to attack and damage rolls, as well as +2 to save vs charm & fear effects.

thats cute


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
@ Grune you can still post an action on 12 round 1 Ill hold off until you do.

Don't worry about it, I think we have this battle in the bag regardless.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

Agree with Grune. Haveing Metalbeart smash two of them as he fell from the celing helped alot.


Brehna & Bastille both it and the man fall limp behind a tabel. By this time the most of the Childen are looking at Metalbeard perfomance and joing in. The Nun Scups of the drow Child and see if shes all right.
One of the elf Childen walks to you Metalbeard and asks

"do you work for the king? ar you here to help us get away?"

The nun says

"Come back Alina"


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna cleans her weapons on the dead mans clothes very methodically and thoroughly.
She then walks near Metalbeard and looks at the nun, making sure to put her weapon away and stand far enough away as to not look threatening.

To the nun, "we're a little new here. Can you give us some context as to what's going on here exactly?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


"It was them"

She points at the dead body at you feet

"They came to our city, out of the trees they say, I did not believe them, for days we just found the dead, then one was skilled and the King said all the trees had to be cut down, then they came that day, 100s of them, they killed over living think, Men, Lizards even pets. They just would not stop coming.

She stands unsteadily and walk with a limp to the Elf Child by Metalbeard

"Our city was a peaceful one, we have not been in a war of eons, so why did they do this?, At the temple of light parents worried asked us to look after there children, the temple was an old keep so has strong walls and old magics to keep us safe, we also has no garden from which the tree jumpers could come and kill us. But then the king said we must abandon the city, The killers made made trees with magic so others could come. That was 1 week ago, we left at night using an old tunnel that lead close to here, we had arranged to meet a trope of the kings guards but we where late, we should have been here two days ago, but they found us 1st, they hunted us so we stayed away. But we had to get here, last night we made a dash for it, and only just got here, but they found us.
This is what they did"

She looks at her fallen sisters.

"Now our escort has gone and out side is nothing but trees, they have eyes in them and if we try and make our way to the desert lands where the king has gone, then we shall all die, for they are looking for any one left from the city."

She looks at you all with a weak smile of her face.

"But you are here, you can help can you not, you look like good people"

She looks hopefully at you.

"It is 50 miles to the safety they say of the sand, due south. we can make with your help, if not we are all.."

She looks at the little ones now standing around Metalbeard looking at the strange funny metal man.

"can you help the children? they have done nothing wrong yet they want to kill them"

You can see she is trying not to cry.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna's eyes harden for a moment. They turn the color of a looming thunderstorm. ::This is not our problem.:: She thinks. but then her expression softens with an audible sigh, she was an orphan too, once. ::If we're not going to help them it would be kinder to simply slit their throats here and now. I'm not going to do that, so helping is the only other option. Maybe one of my companions can teleport.:: Brehans thinks the last part, but her hearts not in it as she doesn't think it's true.

Looking to her companions. "We do have a few hours to kill." Realizing the phrasing she used she winces a bit and looks to the matron. "Poor choice of words, Sorry." Then continuing to her companions. "What I mean is we need to keep moving anyway or they'll eventually find us here and swarm us. If we're going to have to fight for our lives anyway we may as well help them too. What say you?"


Female Vedalken Wizard (Void) 5 / Pathfinder Savant 1

Saving children. There were more interesting ways to waste your time. These over zealous druid however were a threat, especially with a portal to Sigil in this very building. "Is there another option? I think these druids are a threat to all and should be ended."


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Do these so called Druids rule the skies as well, or are they limited to trees? You mentioned then having to grow trees in order to move. Have you been able to research anything about this connection?


The clicking of rotating gears can be heard as Metalbeard thinks for a few minutes while his companions speak. He normally doesn't pay much attention to humanoids outside his party, but the recent sharing of the poetry seems to have created a bond between him and the children.

Let's not be forgettin' an obvious option-- why not take the little ones back with us to Sigil? It not be an easy life there... but it be soundin' like they don't be havin' much of a chance here. He turns to the nun. Which god do you be worshippin'? He thinks about whether there might be a church of that god in Sigil who he could lead the group to.

Bardic Lore: Knowledge (local- Sigil): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

He then turns to Revial. Revvy-- we both seem to be heavy on the engineerin' skills. Think maybe we can fortify a part of the buildin' to hold out for a day?

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34


The nun looks at Bastille.

"They have things that fly horrid things that bite and then you get sick, some die soon after. We tried to malk some well after by they just seem to stay sick as if by some dark art. I have seen the trees they look like that one"

She points at the half grown plant now shrived in the flag stones.

"Once grown they come out of it, we are not mythicscientist so know nothing of what you say"

Then to Metalbeard

"So you the in this Sigil would be a temple of light?"

You think Metalbeard from your roll she my be talking about the metaphysical belief in light over dark, not a god as such but an Idea.
That you know has some tolerance by the Lady of pain thow they have no real power. Also the chilean start to clime over you. One of them says
"Your funny looking whats your name?"


F Sylph Ninja 7

"Do you think we can simply fortify the room and wait for a day here?" Brehna asks aloud to the group as a whole.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Sorry did one of the kids get hurt? I seem to remember that?

I really have no way to help with fortifications. Miss, are most of them like these, the same species? What are the druids anyways? Human?


@ Bastille I list the races a few posts back, the Nun is harmed not the kids, and yes the druids all look Human, well two do the other to are kind of hard to make out as they seem a bit like jam.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

@Metalbeard: "Sigil isn't particularly kind to the dispossessed, if we are going to help them, we should to so here."

"I guess would could spare a few days to escorte these folks. This plane doesn't seem too dangerous."


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Please relax miss, I'm going to heal some of those wounds. Is anyone else hurt?

Using Healing Hex:1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


"Thanks you, that feels a lot better, we will do what you think is best, if only we could have meet with the kings men but they had gone, so now we have no one to help us but yourselves"


F Sylph Ninja 7

To the nun "Which way are your people. I'm going to look around and see if I can find the path of lease resistance. "

When she indicates Brehna will skulk the surrounding area and see if he can find a way to move this man people as secretly as possible. Also keeping an eye out for enemies, patrols, etc.

Stealth 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

And in case I need to jump across rooftops, etc
Climb 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


@Brehna you find some a lot of signs around the house like Lizard poop but you need track as a skill after that sorry.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna returns shortly "I found nothing in the immediate area, but poop. So they were here. Where they went or how far it's hard to say. I guess we move and hope for the best. Unless someone has a better idea. "


Metalbeard answers the child. Most be callin' me Metabeard. And your name?

After listening to his companions, he replies. You really think escortin' them be the easiest way? I guess if that be our path, one of you be leadin' the way. I'm not much of a woods-bot.

He waits for his companions to identify a reasonable path, then gets ready to follow their lead. Littl'uns, remember, if there be trouble, you be hidin' until we deal with it.


The nun Says,
"they must have gone south its the only way to the great sands"


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:

The nun Says,

"they must have gone south its the only way to the great sands"

"So we go south."


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"Hrm, well this does lead to entanglments, but being as these druids are not part of the leadership caste. I think legally we can act. To the south I suppose."

Hey guys, I am still here, but its the weekend, and I am quite busy. I'll be able to post again, longer tomorrow.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

How are we supposed to protect this many children. That is our only hurdle as I'm quite sure we could make the journey ourselves without problem.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7
Bastille Targarian wrote:
How are we supposed to protect this many children. That is our only hurdle as I'm quite sure we could make the journey ourselves without problem.

"We go quickly and quietly, and if this plane has day/night cycles, we should travel at night."

@The Nuns: "Can you get the children ready to travel? If we are going to leave, we should do so before anyone comes looking for these fellows"

@Metalbeard: "Hey big fella, I think you got a little bit of druid on your chin there."


@Bartille remember you did see a group of men on lizard back not long ago


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

I remember, I thought I had showed the others. I'll bring it up now.

I remember seeing some men on lizards when we first arrived. Are those the kings men? Perhaps if we go up stairs and check the window we can find a good path based on where they were headed.

Batty has Koda fly her upstairs and walk back over to the window. She peers out remembering where she saw the men before and looking off into the distance as well.

Survival:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Know(geography):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Perception:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34


@Bastille you do in deed see they are making their way along an open road south some 1/2 mile away. They seem to be going slow and every now and then stopping to shoot at some thing.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

I can still see them guys, they are definitely heading south. There is a road there. They seem to be having trouble with something as they keep firing arrows. If we follow that road we'll have to deal with the same I bet. Oh joy.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"we should move quickly as Grune stated. We are limited on time, if it's true that they do have hundreds of druids seeking out the children, then the longer we tarry, the more likely we are to be run down, like pigs before the hounds. If the sky is as dangrous as stated then we will have to go overland. I say we move towards the lizard riders as fast as possible, thoughts?"


The nun says
"The things that fly I know they do not like fire."


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Well I have some fire prepared for today so let's hope that helps. I'll try and use the trees against the damn druids as well but I do not know the extent of their control. She leaps down again using Koda as a guide to avoid hurting herself.


Ok, sounds like we be havin' a plan then.

After a few moments of thought, Metalbeard takes a large bag out of a side compartment & hands it to the child he was speaking with

You be holdin' this for me. It be a magic bag. If anyone be attackin', you be throwin' a magic fuzz ball from the bag. And be careful, I be wantin' it back after we arrive.

Loaning the bag of tricks, so children can summon help if in danger.


@ Metalbeard, love it


With the kids in tow you can make the_toop out_side In 1/2 hour_ at_a_run


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna stays with the group, weapons at the ready as she scans for danger.


If your all happy ill move things along, you head out the door and south,
the kids slow you down but wile you move you see nothing in the sky, after about 25 mins you see up ahead the band of troops dismounted and seem to be shooting at some thing darting around the trees. You can hear to your left some Chanting.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"Children, Get behind us! Revial exclaims. Looking towards the tree's he try's to spot what is being shot at.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


@Revial you see one Druid who looks hested running from tree to tree, he runs into a tree then out of another the over side, very fast. He seems to be keeping his distent. The troop is trying to shoot him as he runs but it seems he has mirrow image and blink on as well.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"We have company, my friends. It looks like we will have to engage if we want to link up with the caravan of guards."

Do you want us to roll Init?


hes has dos not seem to have any idea you are there,
Will Saves V illusions please DC20

Also the chanting seem to be comming from two voices. If you walk close. Roll Stealth DC10 You spot two more Druid working on a realy big spell involving a large tree trunk, they seem very focued on doing it.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna looks for the source of the chanting.

Percep 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


@Revial Int not just yet

@Brehna it's some kind of gate spell


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:

@Revial Int not just yet

@Brehna it's some kind of gate spell

I can see people chanting a gate spell? Can I see anything through the portal or is anything coming out?


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5
The Lady of Pain wrote:

@Revial Int not just yet

@Brehna it's some kind of gate spell

Yea... thats not good.


They Seem to have only just started, you know it may take 10 mins to get it full working and open.


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
They Seem to have only just started, you know it may take 10 mins to get it full working and open.

Brehna says quietly to her group, "We have to kill them before they get that gate open."

How far away are they and how many are there? I'm about to do something crazy.


With the kids behind with the nun you are very close looking down at a hollow, just as your coached there the Flickering druid skips passed from one tree to another, it dos not even seem to see you. Your about 50' from the two druids standing with hands on the great tree eyes closed.

151 to 200 of 610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The 1st Key All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.