Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Life on the spike, A Planescape PbP game (Inactive)

Game Master You want more Gravitas?

Sit in Sigil at the center of all the planes, borks try and get on with life in a place where any thing gos but gods.


101 to 150 of 610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

@Revial - Ok what the 20 dos, most time Detect Evil is dos not go through walls and such of any great thickness, but this building is dilapidated and being an Architect you know just where the weak spots are, You stand in just the right place to pick up 4 faint Signature of evil some one floor down a 2 rooms across. Looking at the lay out you think its the kitchen of this place.


F Sylph Ninja 7
Revial The Architect wrote:

"Female minotaur's begging, human males and children speaking in Elven? What a odd combination, I can find no logic in this pattern. I'll need more factors. Well, at least this is a Prime and not some crazy demi-plane eh?" Looks around at the general surroundings Perception and Detect Evil (At Will). "But I agree with you Grune, our contractual obligations were quite clear. Hold for twenty four hours and then exit the plane. I see no reason to endanger the expedition. On the other hand there was nothing explicitly limiting us to explore said plane, but that’s not my call to make. What does everyone else think?"

Cast Detect Evil
Perception 1d20 + 11
Edit: Go Go Nat 20!

"If the men or miniatures find we're here do you think they'll just let us hang out for 24 hours? We need to know what's going on so we aren't surprised by it later. "

Brehna will show where she heard it from when asked.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"Yes, well perhaps your right Brehna. I can detect several evil Aura's that way." *points to the kitchen* "Better acquainting ourselves with the surroundings is not the worse of ideas. We really aren’t prepared for a protracted fight here, too little cover and the building looks like it's ready to collapse" Knowledge (engineering) / Profession (architect)

Pain, how old does this building appear to be, and can I attempt to use my knowledge of architectural cultural styles to better identify this prime world we are on?

Profession (architect) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Knowledge (engineering)1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Metalbeard, having finished clanging from his window encounter, returns his attention to his companions. Revvy, you be talkin' sense. Checkin' out the floors may be to our advantage. You say the evil ones be one floor down? Maybe we be able to arrange a surprise.

Metalbeard cautiously walks over to a spot roughly above where the evil auras should be, trying not to squeak the floorboards too much on the way. Unfortunately, stealth is not his strong suit.

Stealth check: 1d20 - 8 ⇒ (16) - 8 = 8

Well, could be worse, he mumbles to himself. Assuming he made it roughly to the right spot without raising a general alarm, he looks at the floor and tries to identify a spot where a 600 lb modron might be able to jump straight through and crash to the floor below, preferably on top of an enemy (if he can hear any sign of them).

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38


Wow well that changes things, your Stealth role was a little short of the mark Metalbeard so the floor creaks loudly as you move into the place which Revial points out as being abive the room and spot on top of the evil ones. You can hear the sounds below which stop as the floor gives one last crack when your move in place. All for a moment is silance.
Both your high engineering mean your in the right spot and yes given a good jump your gonng to shock the hells out of any one below as the floor will give out, Revial this is an old and weakend biulding.

Other could you please tell me where you are and what you have been doing wile Metalbeard Revial move into place. If you going to act on Metalbeards jump I am going to need Init rolls please.
You will get one surprise round how ever.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Grune is as far away as possible from where this Modron shaped hole is about to appear.

"You know you might be about to drop down on members of the city watch. Just saying"

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Female Vedalken Wizard (Void) 5 / Pathfinder Savant 1

Ralani followed the modron and the canned man but keeps her distance. "You do know not everyone found but that supposed evil detection spell of yours is a monster and completely unreasonable? I say we talk. Perhaps after you fall in on them."


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Batty stood still by the window a slim smile on her lips as the two orchestrated a grand suprise. She bobbed her head towards the modron and clicked her tongue a few times in Koda's direction.

just waiting to see what happens. I'm going to cast Mage armor.


When ya ready Jump


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna waits to see what the group will do.


Metalbeard steps up onto the nearest piece of broken furniture to get some starting momentum, then, as acrobatically as a modron is capable, jumps through the floor at the spot he identfied.

Acrobatics check: 1d20 - 8 ⇒ (12) - 8 = 4

He kind of lands on one of his corners, rolling like a giant 6-sided die in a cosmic role-playing game into the room below. After the horrible landing, he does his best to regain his senses and assess the situation, identifying his visible adversaries.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Bardic Lore- Knowledge (beasts): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


@Metalbeard I was going to have you land in a big cooking pot with a role like that but "rolling like a giant 6-sided die in a cosmic role-playing game into the room below" is just so much better :), You roll to a stop by the feed of a human Druid holding a Drow Child by its feed in one hand, in one other hand it holds a very sharp looking sickle, there is another next to him looking just as shocked, as you look to the other side of a very large and open kitchen, you see two dead female minotaur's dressed as nuns with a 3ed on here nees in some kind of begging action, she is bloody and looks cut up, none of the nuns seems to be harmed. How ever what is more shocking is the 15 odd children behind her looking scared witless at you and the human Druids. The races of the Children seem to be, 2 more Drow, 2 Goblins, 2 Gnoles, 1 dwarfs, 3 elfs, 1 Tiefling, 1 Halfling, 1 Kitsune, 1 Strix and 1 Vishkanyas they look at you for a moment open eyed in shock, you can see most have be crying and look really scared.

Over to you guys.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

Pain, I would still have detect evil running Who were the 4 sources of evil in the room and what strength are they?


@Revial, There is only 2 evils now the two human Druid, you think the other two evils may have been under where 600 lb of modron just landed and they may have broken his fall, now you look you do see some red leaking out from under the part of the floor that fell with him.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

Dammit! If only you had more information Revial. This is a bad situation and he has a hostage! "Halt! Put down the child and the sickle! Keep your arms where I can see them. Back away from the child and do not cast any magic or you will be fired upon. This is your only warning"

Revial readies an action: If the druids do anything other than remain passive, release the child or put down the sickle, Revial will shoot two arrows at the one that that is not protected by a child.
Attack Rolls:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage Rolls:
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Shrugging in resignation, Grune jumps down the hole. If he still has the wherewithal to act once he drops in, he lashes out with his whip, trying to rip the sickle from the Druid holding the child's hand.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Disarm attempt:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23


@Revial The Druid looks at you, it plane he has no idea what your saying, he drops the Drow Child and dives for the cover.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 DC your hit rolls

@Grune you land hard -2 on your disarm roll. DC21

CMD 11 + 1d20 ⇒ 11 + (4) = 15 how ever his sickle stays where it is and falls to the ground.


Female Vedalken Wizard (Void) 5 / Pathfinder Savant 1

Ralani hops down the hole though she isn't quite as graceful as she'd like to be.

These druids were senselessly butchering children, a ridiculous activity. What was there to gain beyond appeasing your own sense of duty towards some distant being supposedly worthy of worship? These beings seem strange though, not understanding the arbiter's words. She mumbled as both her left hands weaved a pattern in the air.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Cast Seek Thoughts, DC 19 Will negate. Looking for any thoughts regarding the killing of these children.


Will saves
D1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Looking shocked
D2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 just jumped for cover.

Thoughts of D2:

::all All bad flesh must be ended to make a perfect world::
Over and over


F Sylph Ninja 7

A short, but deadly sharp knife in hand brehna jumps down the hole. She lands so lightly it barely makes a sound She ignores the first 30'

Acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


@Brehna In deed you land with out a sound and at the sight of the Knife the kids behind your start waling again.


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
@Brehna In deed you land with out a sound and at the sight of the Knife the kids behind your start waling again.

Brehna takes in the wailing children for a moment, then turns her back to them. Her attention going to the druids that her party seems to be concentrating on.


Female Vedalken Wizard (Void) 5 / Pathfinder Savant 1

Ralani's stomach turns as she hears the thoughts of these supposed druids, "They are nihilists seeking to destroy all natural life. Pitiful." She'd like to get her hands on one of them, alive, and bring him back to her lab, she'd extract all his vile secrets from his flesh. Sadly they didn't have time for that.


The druid in hiding makes a run for the door, which is closed, it trys and opens it, wile the other makes a slashing cut at the Drow child as it gets up to run to the nun.

D1 Runs away initi 0 stops at locked door
Child runs away Initi 0, gos to the nun's arms
D2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Grune Initi 12

Any others wish to act, call it and Initi if your going to attack directly


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna vanishes from sight as she moves to the one at the door (Vanishing trick).

Stealth 1d20 + 41 ⇒ (10) + 41 = 51 Possibly with some negative modifier depending on how far he is

She moves to and attacks the Druid by the door

Two weapon fighting Kusrigama (sickle and chain)

+1 Kusarigama(slash) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5Sneak Attack 1 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) = 11

+1 Kusarigama(Bludgeon) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8Sneak Attack 2 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) = 12

Little new to TWF, but I'm invisible so the target should be flat footed if I succeed in my stealth roll. and I take an effectively -2, -2 to each attack.I think I did that right.

Weather or not the hits land Brehna becomes visible by the human by the door.


The sites formatting has gone nuts, could you pop to hit and damage on separate lines thanks I am seeing this +1 Kusarigama(Bludgeon) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8Sneak Attack 2 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) = 12

The Second attack hits home for 20 points, he is not looking well as you appear again chain around his neck, he trys to hit back
Attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

DMG
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

@ Revial both you arrows missed the one who just made a move to cut the Drow Child.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Batty walks to the edge of the hole peering down at the insignificant Nihlist Druids. She casts a quick spell and reaches into her trenchcoat.

Spoken in DruidicNihlist's you say, well perhaps they should start their killing with themselves. Koda, Bassandra, help them out.

She smiles fully as she flings a tiny bat from her coat at the man by the door. Quickly following it is Koda who makes a move for the one behind cover.

Actions:

Batty
move: to hole
Standard: Cast touch of fatigue

Koda
Move: to guy in cover
Standard: Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Bassandra
Move: to guy by door
Standard: deliver touch of fatigue. Attack:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 DC 15 or fatigued for 6 rounds.
guy gets AoO when she enters his square because she's tiny. AC 18


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:

The sites formatting has gone nuts, could you pop to hit and damage on separate lines thanks I am seeing this +1 Kusarigama(Bludgeon) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8Sneak Attack 2 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) = 12

The Second attack hits home for 20 points, he is not looking well as you appear again chain around his neck, he trys to hit back
Attack
1d20 +5

DMG
1d8 + 2

@ Revial both you arrows missed the one who just made a move to cut the Drow Child.

I noticed that about the formatting. It won't let me put spaces between the attack and damage. First attack was AC 20 and second attack was AC 17. If the second one hits i'm guessing the first one did too, but I'll take him out in the next round as needed.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

@Brehna: You can only use TWF on a full round action, you can't move and get both attacks, same for iterative attacks. Also, how is your stealth modifier +41?

@DM:CMD is a fixed value like AC,( 10 + Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + Dexterity modifier + special size modifier)


F Sylph Ninja 7
Grune the Scarred wrote:

@Brehna: You can only use TWF on a full round action, you can't move and get both attacks, same for iterative attacks. Also, how is your stealth modifier +41?

@DM:CMD is a fixed value like AC,( 10 + Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + Dexterity modifier + special size modifier)

i didn't know that about Twf. My bad. Also I have a +20 stealth for being Invisible per the ninja ability.


@I missed that, rushing to post wile I had the time, so retro Action Please Brehna


F Sylph Ninja 7
The Lady of Pain wrote:
@I missed that, rushing to post wile I had the time, so retro Action Please Brehna

Same thing, but only one attack. The first one was an AC 20, so that probably hits him as he's flat footed due to my invisibility. Lets hope anyway.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Ahh invisibility, gotcha.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Sorry I forgot Initiative.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"Fine, you have been warned!" Revial yells as he lets two more arrows fly at the same target.

[b]Round 1

Initiative:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Attack Rolls:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Damage Rolls:
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"Fine, you have been warned!" Revial yells as he lets two more arrows fly at the same target.

Round 1

Initiative:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Attack Rolls:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Damage Rolls:
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Edit: Terrible rolls =/


@Brehna Your attack hits home for 20 points, he is not looking well as you appear again chain around his neck, he tries to hit back
Attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 miss

@ Revial both you arrows missed the one who just made a move to cut the Drow Child.

The hiding Druid can be heard chanting and a small plant starts to sprout from the center of the flag stones in the room.

The Nun cries "Stop him or we are all going to die!"


Initiative: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Finally regaining his senses, Metalbeard stands up and assesses the situation. Clearly, this is a situation that calls out for an epic poem. He begins drumming discordantly on his head as he recites:

Put your plants in the ground,
Put your weapons down
Turn your spellcasting off
And turn your rear around
Do the surrender-pokey or you Dark Druids will die
That's what it's all about!

Perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Distracting Cacaphony spell: spellcasting in 20' radius requires concentration check DC 15+spell level. Hopefully that might disrupt the Druid's summoning.

So, druid-berks, you be surrenderin' now, or sufferin' the wrath of Metalbeard?

Intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna uses a full round attack to attack the druid

Kusarigama+1 slash 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Kusarigama+1 Bludgeon 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


@ Metalbeard the Children stop crying as you start to sing fascinated by you. Wile the spell

1d20 + 10 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 4 = 19 v DC20 The Spell Splutters out as you beat.

@Brehna you second attack brakes his neck with a loud Crack thats downed out by Metalbeard thumping, he gos limp in your arms haning form the Chain.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Bassandra fly's her way back to Batty while Koda flaps his wings assaulting the one behind cover again.

Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

did you see my previous actions DM? It doesn't matter much since Koda missed and the guy I was trying to fatigue is dead but wanted to check.


F Sylph Ninja 7

On her turn Brehna will acrobatically move/run to the other druid who is casting and attempt to open up an artery with her wicked curved blade.

Acrobatics as needed to cover difficult terrain: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Attack (slashing) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

If damaged he'll need a concentration check to keep casting, assuming that's what's happening.


@Bastille yep things move on sorry


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

So what round are we on? What is the initiative order? Would it be possible to get recaps after each combat round, since we aren't playing with a map?


@We can and I will as this went on longer than I expected.

Surprise round
Metalbeard fell in to op two now very flat and dead bad guys, and scaed the hell out of the two left.
Revial jumped down and said hands up or I shoot.
Grune Disarms Bad guy 2
Brehna moves in for the kill
Ralani read bad guys mind (not good in there)
Kids cry

Round 1
Initiative
- Bad guy 1 runs to locked door (o dear)
on 29 Metalbeard gets up looks around and sings a song.
on 27 Revial dos in fact shoot when the bad guys do not do as told.
on 18 Bastille Spell hits Attack miss
on 12 Brehna (I have given you this sorry) kills Bad Guy 1
on 12 Bad guy 2 cover + casts a spell (fiz no work)
on 10 Ralani (I have given you this sorry)
Kids Cry more.

Round 2 (ding ding)
One bad guy left under over and scared silly, trying to cast a spell again.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Round 2 actions

Acrobatics to move to the spell caster as needed 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Attack Slash 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Round 2

Brehna, You could probably flank with Koda.

Koda continues the assault on the man as he tries to cast.

Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

So I guess I missed round 1.

Round 2, Init:12

Grune will move towards the hidden Druid, lashing out with his whip (15ft range) and attempt to trip the fellow.

Trip attack vs CMD:1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34


F Sylph Ninja 7
Bastille Targarian wrote:

Round 2

Brehna, You could probably flank with Koda.

Koda continues the assault on the man as he tries to cast.

Attack:1d20+5
Damage:1d6+1

I'll always flank given the option. add 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) = 6 If I can flank. Also add +2 to hit if it's needed.


@ Grune you can still post an action on 12 round 1 Ill hold off until you do.

101 to 150 of 610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The 1st Key All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.