Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Life on the spike, A Planescape PbP game (Inactive)

Game Master Johnny_Panic

Sit in Sigil at the center of all the planes, borks try and get on with life in a place where any thing gos but gods.


51 to 100 of 610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"Hrm, I wonder if the event organizer remembered to file the necessary paperwork for a public event? Hopefully everyone here also registered for class Q aquatic magical planar beast hunting licenses. I suppose we can all sort that out after we slay the beast, Just one moment let me see if I have any..." As a man gets flung though the air by a tentacle Revial hardly looks up. Finally after he as removed several steel cabinets his satchel he begins digging into one. You can see that it has been crammed with sheaf's of paper bearing signatures, stamps, seals and other various methods of authentication. "Ah yes, here we are, licenses! Hanging, Horses... Ah Hunting! Fantastic! I am upto date on my tags for this season. We may proceed." Revial then carefully places the document back into the steel cabinet and places the cabinets back into his satchel. Then methodically he put the satchel back on, strings his bow, knocks two arrows and begins to Flap his wings. "I'll provide support from the air, and try to stay out of reach of the tentacles. If it goes below the surface. It will be physically unlikely that I'll be able to retaliate, logically speaking. Let me know when you are ready. Oh and don’t worry" Revial exclaims in complete earnestness "The tag is good for another month!"


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

"Couldn't we just get a length of rope, fly it out to the knife, tie off both ends and climb out there? Or maybe just have Revial fly out the spoon to see what happens? No point in wasting the effort on the fish if we can. Leave the lunacy to the lunatics, I say"


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna looks around for just the right spot to jump from.

WIng cloak of resistance +1(Constant mending effect)-fine silk travelers cloak secretely reinfirced with wooden struts. Move action to make it a "wing" DC15 fly check to fall safely from any height as if using FFall. Additional Fly check DC 15 to glide 5' laterally for every 20' fallen. Requires two hands and provokes AOO. hardness 0 5 HP. if wing is broken fly DC=+10

Basically she's looking for a spot that she can glide down and land on the Knife in the river. Perhaps a tall building or what not.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

dont we have a mission or whatnot. Perhaps it will be entertaining to watch him shoot the beast. How long till he realizes were not right behind him you think


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

Revial grimaces at Bastille's words. Odious woman! turning back to the witch he retorts. "I have excellent hearing Bastille, and nothing in the contract specifies a time limit on entering into a portal, believe me, I was sure to check. If you have nothing constructive to add I suggest we come to a decision as to reaching the knife. I see a number of options. If anyone has the ability to levitate I can fly them over one at a time. I believe a rope is a poor idea due to the potential reach of the beast. Teleportation is of course is an option. Lacking these option, overwater travel would be the next option. Hrm, We could also attempt to feed the best some sort of high-grade sedative, but that could be potentially tricky due to the crowd. Now," Glaring back at Bastille "Does anyone have anything useful to add?"


F Sylph Ninja 7
Revial The Architect wrote:
Revial grimaces at Bastille's words. Odious woman! turning back to the witch he retorts. "I have excellent hearing Bastille, and nothing in the contract specifies a time limit on entering into a portal, believe me, I was sure to check. If you have nothing constructive to add I suggest we come to a decision as to reaching the knife. I see a number of options. If anyone has the ability to levitate I can fly them over one at a time. I believe a rope is a poor idea due to the potential reach of the beast. Teleportation is of course is an option. Lacking these option, overwater travel would be the next option. Hrm, We could also attempt to feed the best some sort of high-grade sedative, but that could be potentially tricky due to the crowd. Now," Glaring back at Bastille "Does anyone have anything useful to add?"

"I can glide. If I can get up high enough I can get to the knife. Once their someone could throw me a rope to tie off. That's my best guess. "


@Revial, once you get into the air you can see that Killing the ditch beast is out the things huge and most of its under the water, tentacles seem to spring up from everywhere over a 400 stretch of the river.
You can see some official looking me taking the catch and weighing it.

@Brehna, yes in deed if you could get the height you could glide to the knife but it seems to be made of some kind of black volcanic glass and seems very sharp in places, landing could be hard. Landing Ref save DC20.

@Grune the Knife seems to have a lot of sharp edges a rob may not last long. use Rope DC25

@Bastille Some one next to you says "20 Jink says the yellow craft dont last another go"

@Metalbeard
Metalbeard tries to estimate whether he and his new friends could take on the creature, or drive it off somehow at least.

Kill it no, DC10 for that, you got 11, drive it off yes but it means getting a water craft and joining in the fun. Some reliant water craft using skill, DC15

tentacle attack chance 1 in 20 per round of made
1 in 10 of not.

You think it may take 10 rounds to get to the Knife.


F Sylph Ninja 7

I don't suppose I could use fly or acrobatics to land properly?


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Can anyone just cast fly? Or we could just go buy some scrolls. Where's a folding boat when you need one.


Metalbeard slaps his front panel. "D'oh! I be forgetting' bout that trinket I won playin' Go Fish with Leroy the Luckless..."

He opens a compartment in his top, and pulls out a folding boat.

Yes, that was one if the handful of items I bought with lv6 starting gold-- right on my char sheet. Thanks for reminding me. :-). http://irememberaram.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/55186881/Metalbeard.pdf


F Sylph Ninja 7
Metalbeard wrote:

Metalbeard slaps his front panel. "D'oh! I be forgetting' bout that trinket I won playin' Go Fish with Leroy the Luckless..."

He opens a compartment in his top, and pulls out a folding boat.

Yes, that was one if the handful of items I bought with lv6 starting gold-- right on my char sheet. Thanks for reminding me. :-). http://irememberaram.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/55186881/Metalbeard.pdf

"That's handy. "


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Metalbeard, you have the most random collection on magic items, I salute you.


"Of course," Metalbeard continues, "there be the little problem of the water-creature." Hearing Revial's legal analysis of the situation, he turns to him and asks, "So, if I be able to magically focus my flash-beams and blind the creature, it be OK with you? That probably be drivin' it away, or at least makin' it less of a threat to my boat."

If Revial answers in the affirmative, Metalbeard will attempt to cast Blindness on the monster from the dock, if it comes within range: range 160 feet, DC 16 Fort or blinded.


Its a kind of Chaos beast fixed to the river bed, you can bland say a the eyes close to you craft as you move across, a Knowledge Engineering roll DC 15 may get you more info if no use what so ever.

getting down to the river is easy as a number of ladders Iron ladders lead down. Once at the side you can unfold the boat and all get in.

Ref Roll DC5 to not fall in the river as the waves lap the boat from all the splashing about up ahead.

Then you can start across, as I said you need to make or do some thing to get you across as fast as you can, for every round in the river its a 1:20 Chance you will be attacked. At the moment its going to take 20 rounds to get across unless you can make a DC15 on some skill and ill have it, or use some form of magic.

:)

.)
(..(
.).(
(...)..V__V.....


F Sylph Ninja 7

Seeing the folding boat Brehna says
"So that's the plan then?"

She then jumps down to the riverbed, ignoring the ladders.

SHe can ignore the first 30' of a fall. or more with a successful acrobatics roll. If it's farther than that Brehana will open her cloak and glide down.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

I enjoy your enthusiasm Revial, do not take me for a curmudgeon. If we need more propulsion perhaps we could lash Koda to the boat. I know he wouldn't mind, would you honey. She strokes the medium sized bat behind the ears and it opens it's mouth in ecstasy. She smiles a quaint smile never taking her eyes of Revial.


@Berhan you find landing there is lots of room, behind you, you hear the throng go "oh, Arrr" at the sight of you glide. (its 45 feet) Then just as you land some one flys past you, flung buy the Ditch beast, (missing) and slams into the wall, in his hands is part of a lump of Ditch beast flesh., he gets up unsteadily and holds it high you a cheer for above.

Behind you the others clime down.

@Metalbeard Blindness on your part of the Ditch best will take 4 rolls off the 20.


A bat be pullin' our boat? I be seein' a lot in my times, but that's a new one. Metalbeard chuckles with a metallic laugh at Batty's idea.

After flashing his beam at the beast's eyes and climbing into the boat (Reflex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19), Metalbeard calls to his companions. Come on, be you bashers or berks? What be you waitin' for? He helps them each in, kneeling down to form a kind of stair-step with his cubic body, then begins more poetic recitations as he starts pulling his oar.

Row, row, row, row,
Merrily down the Knife, or
Tentacles, tentacles, tentacles, tentacles,
Will choke off your life.

Perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Using Inspire Competence ability. First ally to attempt a relevant skill check that helps us across gets a +2.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Ya, I have barely any skills at all and none that would be helpful now.


Ok you rounds are down to 14 1:20 chance of tentacles.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna climbs in the boat warily.

Only relevant skill I have is swim @ +6. Probably not that helpful though until we fall out of the boat.


I will not make you roll as you can fly in, fly check DC5


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

Right then, best to make yourself useful Revial. Moving towards the boat Revial fishes into his bag and withdraws a 50' rope. "I'll tie it off the bow. Once I am in the air I can help pull the craft into the water. Statistically it should increase our movement by a factor of 1/5."

Fly Check1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


That's more like it, your flying Architectural motor cuts the sime done by 6 making the rounds 8 to get to the knife. Now the rolls, if I get a 20 your attacked.

R1 1d20 ⇒ 10
R2 1d20 ⇒ 8
R3 1d20 ⇒ 10
R4 1d20 ⇒ 18

R5 1d20 ⇒ 12
R6 1d20 ⇒ 1
R7 1d20 ⇒ 3
R8 1d20 ⇒ 17

You get to the knife safe and sound now all you need to do is find where spoon need to be to open the doorway. The Knife is some 50' high and 30' round, its made of sharp glass of some kind. Ever round you on it make a Ref roll DC 10 or slip off, your in the boat and the Ditch beast dos not want to get close to the Knife.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Well that was certainly fun. Never though I'd be crazy enough to be in the water when the ditch beast was flailing but I think I'm enjoying myself. I'm going to stay here and wait for one of you to find the portal. Koda can carry me up after that.


F Sylph Ninja 7
Bastille Targarian wrote:
Well that was certainly fun. Never though I'd be crazy enough to be in the water when the ditch beast was flailing but I think I'm enjoying myself. I'm going to stay here and wait for one of you to find the portal. Koda can carry me up after that.

"I'll do it. Who'se got the spoon. "


The modron calls out to his companion in the air. Thanks Revvy! Once at the Knife, he thinks upon various songs he has heard about planar gates, as he stares at the strange outcropping and tries to figure out where exactly the right spot might be. He shines his flash-beam at several places, lighting them up for a closer look.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

This stuff not be easy to see, he mutters, as he takes a flask out of his side-compartment and downs a quick slurp of sake. That be helpin' a little.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Grune has done a lot of things over the years, but that was a first. On the knife, he pulls out the spoon and begins to wander about, looking for the portal.

"Let me know if any of you has a bright idea of where this portal might be hiding."


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

Well, let's see. Logically if we have a Knife and a Spoon, then what we are missing a "fork"! "Brehna, see if you can find any outcropping that look like a fork, logically it is the most likely entrance to a portal! Never forget the rule of three, it’s the one law that reigns over all others." Revial takes to the air over the glassy black island looking for a "fork" like outcropping hoping that the location we seek will be more visible from the air.

Knowledge (planes) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Top makes Revial The Architect, yes in deed as Brehna looks she spots four upwould prongs of glass that look from one side like a fork. Going close with the spoon a potal vortex apears at just above the water line of the Knife, its a dull gray in color.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Tip of the hat to Revial

"Shall we get this show on the road?"


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"One moment please, my good man. Page 17 of the contract stated we are obligated to fully document the portal, its discovery and subsequent exploration. I won't have our employer skating out of our payment via some loophole. Let me just take a few notes of the area, color and any other distinct markings for prosperity." Revial withdraws a ornate golden ink pen and notebook and begins to sketch the portal, with directions, key and other notes before closing the journal and replacing it back into the satchel. "All done, but now that I think about it Medalbeard, do you have some sort of image replicator? Photographic documentation is always a fantastic resource..." Revial pauses and looks up and down at the rogue Modron before dubiously continuing. "And would I have to load you with paper?Cough And if so where? Anyhow I met our documentation requirements, we may proceed"

Thanks Grune, a fork just made sense, and things *do* tend to follow in three's in planescape multiverse.


F Sylph Ninja 7

"ANONANZI!" Not sure of spelling. Pronounced ( a-non-Z)

Brehna yells as she backflips into the portal.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Batty and Koda pass through the portal with what could be excitement showing on their faces.


Female Vedalken Wizard (Void) 5 / Pathfinder Savant 1

Ralani came running after the other people, "Wasn't I clear? I needed an hour to prepare! Insolent wretches." The last part was more mumbled than spoken aloud.

Without waiting Ralani jumps into the water on the opposite side of the knife from the beast, her familiar secured in her tight fitting dress. The white homunculus was nowhere to be found and the pack it carried was now secured on Ralani's back. Being able to breath water just as easily as air Ralani makes her way to the portal.

Sorry for the silence, stuck between forgetting and not knowing what to post


F Sylph Ninja 7
Ralani wrote:

Ralani came running after the other people, "Wasn't I clear? I needed an hour to prepare! Insolent wretches." The last part was more mumbled than spoken aloud.

Without waiting Ralani jumps into the water on the opposite side of the knife from the beast, her familiar secured in her tight fitting dress. The white homunculus was nowhere to be found and the pack it carried was now secured on Ralani's back. Being able to breath water just as easily as air Ralani makes her way to the portal.

Sorry for the silence, stuck between forgetting and not knowing what to post

I thought you picked up all your stuff on the way here. Dm said there was no rush and you could get whatever you needed.


Female Vedalken Wizard (Void) 5 / Pathfinder Savant 1

It was more an in game and in character excuse for my ooc delay


F Sylph Ninja 7
Ralani wrote:
It was more an in game and in character excuse for my ooc delay

Ahh. My bad. Carry on.


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

Looking at Metalbeard and Grune, Revial sighs "Right then, blindly walking into a portal. Hopefully there's Air on the other side. Or no Rust Monsters eh Metal?" Mmmm, The Plane of Rust. I'll have to look into that. The Sinkers would pay good clink for a portal to there Revial then nocks two arrows to his bow and steps though. "See you on the other side." I hope...


@Ralani I should make you roll all kinds of thing for being in toxic water and swimming in the home of a very large Chaos beast, but that would stop the game play and fun as all the others have just gone into the portal. So you get to them after making lots of rolls by a nats nacker. But what you do get is a itchy rash and a feeling you where very lucky in deed.

You all pass into the portal, and come out into a large Damp once opulent room. water is coming in from the roof and you can see out of large glass (some broken windows that its gray wet and cold outside. Park land seems to starch away from the building you are in. Your on the second floor by the looks of the high. This was some kind of manor house that has seen better days. It looks like its been looted, and then left. The wet and rain just seem to seep in. There are two doors out from the room.


Metalbeard, being possibly the only non-flyer and non-swimmer in the group, had a bit of a difficult time getting up to the portal and through it. Be there any chance of a lift, mates? But weighing in at 600 lbs of solid metal, he didn't really expect much help from the humanoids. After grabbing onto a rocky outcropping, he collapsed his boat, and began working his way up.

Climb check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Anyway, somehow he made it through, so he now looks around. So, anybody be knowin' where we are? He stares out the window.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Wow, what crappy rolls.

Unfortunately, the window does not appear to be designed for broad modron heads, and he painfully pokes his cheek (or, more precisely, the side of his front panel) against a plant-holder or something. He utters numerous non-Modron-like words and backs away.


Half-orc Inquisitor 1 AC 18/12/16 / HP 10/10 / F +5 R +3 W +5 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6 / Sense Motive +7

Grune looks cautiously about, scenting the air and trying to get a feel for where they are.

Knowledge(Planes):1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

"So we set up a defensive position and sit tight for the next 24 hours?"


@Grune you have no idea of the plane but you think it may be a prime of some kind, its seems to have that feel.

@Metalbeard the floor dos not seem to like your wight you buts a floor board or two.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Well this is certainly depressing surroundings. Wonder where this is anyways. Sure hope there are still rats, right Koda.

Batty looks around her surroundings as well as out the window a look of interest on her face.

Know(planes) for where we are:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Perception for anything here with us:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


F Sylph Ninja 7

"Sit tight. I'll scout the immediate area."

Brehna stealth fully wanders the immediate area looking and listening for signs Of movement or danger or signs of life. She won't engage anything but she'll carefully wander the building in an expanding circular pattern. She keeps a readied action to go completely invisible if she needs to.

stealth1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


@Bastille its a Prime, its about midday and later early winter, this is you can not put your finger one what prime, this place is new to you.
As you look out the window you see some way away, a troop of Cavalrymen riding across a hill side some 2 to 3 miles away, they seem to be on Lizards of some kind, they look Human in armor with lances.

@Brehna, you do not go far when you hear voices, 2 males and a female also the crying of some children. The female seems to be very upset, begging even. With a 29 you think the Female is a Minotaur of some kind wile the Males sound human. One of the children seems to be talking in Elven.


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

Batty makes sure to quietly show her fellows the men on lizardback. Tapping them each on the shoulder and pointing. She then waits for Brehna to return with news of the surroundings.


F Sylph Ninja 7

Brehna quickly returns to the group seemingly appearing out of the shadows.

"I heard male and female voices, about 4 total. Also crying children. Females sound upset. Begging for something. The females sound like minataurs and the males human, but it's hard to be sure. Kids are talking in elven. I think if we want to do something we should move quickly. "


Male Half-Celestial Human (Outsider) Fighter 5

"Female minotaur's begging, human males and children speaking in Elven? What a odd combination, I can find no logic in this pattern. I'll need more factors. Well, at least this is a Prime and not some crazy demi-plane eh?" Looks around at the general surroundings Perception and Detect Evil (At Will). "But I agree with you Grune, our contractual obligations were quite clear. Hold for twenty four hours and then exit the plane. I see no reason to endanger the expedition. On the other hand there was nothing explicitly limiting us to explore said plane, but that’s not my call to make. What does everyone else think?"

Cast Detect Evil
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Edit: Go Go Nat 20!


Female Aasimar Witch 4/Druid 3

I don't like the idea of crying children. Plus whats a planehopping trip if you don't have a little fun? I certainly didn't travel across the multiverse to hide in a closet for 24 hours and run home. Let's go see what's going on.

Batty walks towards a door opens it and finds it leads to a closet...

Ummm... Brehna which way did you come from, I could have swore it was over here.

51 to 100 of 610 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The 1st Key All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.