Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

L'harfang des neiges. (Inactive)

Game Master Gayel Nord

Map and handout
Chronicle


1 to 50 of 405 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Map and handout aid Token.

Haha!

Silver Crusade

Ha?
XDD

Thurstday I Will arrive from holidays and put my profile.

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

@Table GMs: If you haven't already, please run "Beginning Part 1" on page 7 of the scenario, and then wait for the next announcement before continuing.

@Players: Please have fun, and remember to explore, report and cooperate at all times.


---BEGINNING PART 1-----

The fourth and final day of training has come to a close at the Grand Lodge of Absalom, heralding the end of this year's Torchbearing. Pathfinders the world over attend this annual symposium to share their knowledge, teach each other new skills, and reinforce their connections across the Inner Sea and beyond. To celebrate the end of festivities, the lodge has hosted a grand banquet in the visiting agents' honor. A refreshing winter breeze blows through an open window, flickering torches and sending papers scattering. The smell of freshly baked desserts fills the air while initiates clear away the remnants of the first course.

Restful Pathfinders’ Lounge: Members Only!:
If you are a member of the Restful Pathfinders’ Lounge (by possessing the vanity of the same name from page 61 of Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Pathfinder Society Field Guide), you can attend a special private banquet that grants you the benefits of hero’s feast for the duration of Part 1. Each player character with this vanity can invite one guest (such as another PC or an animal companion) to gain the benefits, too.

During the annual Torchbearing, the Three Masters, along with other notable Pathfinders, taught a variety of seminars and panel discussions, from Golarion’s history to spellcasting techniques, and ran obstacle courses and a triathlon. Rumor has it, Janira Gavix offered an unauthorized but popular filking class for aspiring bards and other social misfits under 30--inches, not years. You also heard some salacious gossip about an exclusive, late-night VIP experience Zarta Dralneen arranged for some her favorites. According to one hungover Pathfinder who claimed to have been there, a disgruntled Drandle Dreng was turned away at the door.

Speaking of the imp, ever the social butterfly and self-appointed mentor-to-the-masses, the halfling bard Janira Gavix approaches your small group. “Hi, friends. It’s been awhile since last we met. Have you enjoyed the Torchbearing? I volunteered to organize all the classes again this year. Kreighton Shaine always said I should have been a teacher. Did you learn anything useful?”

Janira looks over her shoulder as she catches sight of another group of Pathfinders refilling their tankards at the grog bowl.   “Oh, those are some more students of mine!”  She bounces on her toes as she waves at the group and they wave back.  “Excuse me?  I’ll need to check in with them too!”  Pleased that you appreciated her pedagogical efforts, she excuses herself with a smile and moves on.

Each of you should choose one skill. For the duration of this adventure, you will either treat it as a class skill or gain a +1 bonus on checks with that skill if it was already a class skill.

-----BEGINNING KNOWLEDGE #1-----

You learn all of the information whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local) check.

DC 15+:
The Three Masters use the event to keep an eye out for particularly talented agents that embody the Pathfinder Society ideals: Explore, Report, and Cooperate.

DC 20+:
At the end of the Torchbearing, the most exemplary agents are publicly recognized and given special wayfinders.

DC 25+:
Sometimes Pathfinder agents disappear for hours during the course of events. Rumors suggest they are brought before The Decemvirate, but no one can agree on why.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half Elf Oracle 1 | AC14 - T12 - FF12 | HP 10/10| F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init +1 Perc +3 | CMD 13

I'll take that +1 to my diplomacy please! c:
Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 = 30

"It's excellent, Janira," Liasna murmurs, cheerful. She chats with her a bit about how things are and what's been going on, but lets the dear go easily when she finds another group to catch up with. Liasna still well remembers - fondly - the way the halfling had taken on a minotaur on behalf of the group she'd been with for their Confirmation.

Mingling with others around, she snacks on the desserts and listens in on interesting, open discussions.

DC 15 Perception:
Anyone that's actually paying attention to Liasna will notice that she doesn't seem to see very far - whereas most people might make adjustments for obstacles or other people ahead of time, her own adjustments are all within thirty feet of them.

Liasna cannot see beyond thirty feet! c:

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 ⇒ 14

"Greetings, Janira," Hadza says in a deep, booming voice, "You look well. The physical challenges were invigorating. Clever courses to run. However, I most enjoyed the review of faiths. It is interesting how different cultures manifest their worship in different ways."

+1 to Knowledge (Religion)

Liberty's Edge

Male Inquisitor half orc 1 Init +4; Perception +6 AC 18*, touch14, FF 18 hp 10 F+3, R+4, W+4 dagger+1BU +3 (1d4+3**/19–20) longbow +4 (1d8) Inquisitor half orc 1

- Thanks Janira. Very ... interesting. There are many strange things in other planes.
Things that we have to exterminate.

Half-orc seems trying to be polite ... without succes.

+1 planes

diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

Hadza chuckles to himself, overhearing the brash half-orc's take on extraplanar entities.

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 2nd [HP 13/13, AC 19 /ff 14 /t 15, Fort +0, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +5, Per +9, Spd 30']

Kahwen's golden eyes fairly shine at being surrounded by so many other Pathfinders. They flash even brighter in Janira's presence. He had a similar experience with her and a minotaur in his own Confirmation. They fairly glow at the mention of Slaine, whom he idolized.

"Oh yes! Some magicy types taught a class on aerial maneuvering and cast spells on us to make us fly!" he answers.

"And someone said they saw my pathfinder before."

I'll treat Fly as a class skill.

Dark Archive

Magus (Bladebound Hexcrafter) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: -1, CMD: 13 | F:2 R:4 W:2 | Init: 4 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 2/2 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Escape Artist: 5 | Fly: 8 | Knowledge (Arcana): 8 | Perception: 3 | Profession (Research):4 | Spellcraft: 8

"Janira, greetings," The lithe elf states plainly "so there has to be something more...substantial for you to tell us?" he finishes with his usual lack of charm.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

---

"Not that I need I am in need of instruction but they showed some interesting techniques on learning spells on the move." Malvic says incredulously.

+1 to Spellcraft.


Map and handout aid Token.

"Greeting also Malvic" Janira says. Nothing have happen until now. This is an event by himself."

-----BEGINNING KNOWLEDGE #2-----
As the Pathfinders conclude the dessert course, a small origami swan flutters through the room and lands on the center of the table. In moments, it unfolds itself into a crisp and crease-less piece of paper. see handout 1

You know all of the information about the Blakros family whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (nobility) check.

DC 10+:
The Blakros are one of the wealthiest and most well-known merchant families from Taldor. They own a variety of businesses with interests all over the Inner Sea.

DC 15+:
For years, the Pathfinder Society and the Blakros family have been allies, even if only at arm’s length. Occasionally the family invites notable Pathfinders to one of its high-society affairs.

DC 20+:
The Blakros family has been involved with some shady organizations during its rise to power, including the Onyx Alliance and House Thrune.

You know all of the information about the Blakros museum whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (local) check.

DC 10+:
The Blakros Museum is located in the Wise District, owned by the Blakros family, and curated by Nigel Aldain (a former Pathfinder). It is open to the public when an exhibit is on display. Though the exterior of the building is ugly and squat, patrons marvel at how much bigger it is on the inside.

DC 15+:
The museum has been closed for the past several months, ramping up for a huge exhibit, “Legacy of the Shining Crusade,” opening next week.

DC 20+:
Rumors suggest that shadow magic makes the inside of the museum larger. A few years ago the inside changed drastically, which drew the curiosity of many in Absalom.

DC 25+:
Ralzeros the Overwatched was a powerful wizard who owned the building before the Blakros Family. Evidence suggests he cursed the building on his death. The number of accidents and strange events that occur there would seem to support that rumor.

You know all of the information about Nigel Aldain whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (local) check.

DC 10+:
Though the relationship between the Society and Nigel is often strained, they remain steadfast allies. Nigel often collaborates with the Society, loaning artifacts and trading information. He has obsessively researched the Shining Crusade for the past several months.

DC 15+:
Nigel is a former Pathfinder who resigned after marrying Dhrami Blakros; the position of curator was part of his marriage contract.

DC 20+:
Nigel’s museum has suffered many mishaps since he became curator, which the Society has regularly helped clean up. Nigel still tries to distance himself from the Society and act independently, but when trouble befalls the museum, he often turns to the Society for help.

DC 25+:
Recently, Nigel has spent a fortune in security for the museum, particularly in magical protections from the Arcanamirium and Golemworks in Magnimar.

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

Knowledge (Nobility), Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Knowledge (Local), Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Knowledge (Local), Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 1

"Blackros who?" Hadza muses aloud. He looks around the hall as various Pathfinders reading their own paper birds chuckle and laugh.

I am clearly not in the know.

The powerfully built warrior pushes back his chair and stands. But a summons is a summons.

He makes his way to his dormitory and then Skyreach's meeting hall.

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 2nd [HP 13/13, AC 19 /ff 14 /t 15, Fort +0, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +5, Per +9, Spd 30']

"Greetings, Friend Malvic," Kahwen acknowledges on of his companions from his last adventure before the swan arrives.

"Huzzah! Adventure!" he declares,halfway out of the room on his way to his gear before drawing up short.

"Where is the Blakros museum, companions and who is Nigel Aldain?"

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

The front doors of Skyreach burst open with a loud crack. Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin strides to the edge of the platform, with a slender elf dressed in practical but expensive clothing trailing meekly behind. The red-faced venture-captain addresses the crowd in a booming voice.
“Pathfinders, I regret interrupting the festivities, but we have something of a situation. Approximately twenty minutes ago, unknown forces invaded the Blakros Museum. Fortunately for everyone involved, the Torchbearing is about cooperation and helping our colleagues, so let’s think of this less as an inconvenience and more as an opportunity to practice what we preach.”

The elf, Nigel, exhales sharply, then speaks, “Now, Ambrus, I’ve spent a king’s ransom fortifying the museum from all sorts of invaders: sentinels from the Golemworks, magical wards from the Arcanamirium, and even contracts for guard beasts, both magical and mundane—spared no expense. I didn’t want to come here, but I’ve got no choice.”

Valsin’s forced smile cracks slightly, showing his annoyance. “Out with it, Nigel. Get to the point.”

“Someone broke into my museum and set off the magical protections! I was preserving priceless Shining Crusade pieces for our new exhibit when the first alarm activated. I sent for district guards and went to investigate, but by the time I arrived, the thieves had already locked themselves in my study. They somehow caused the Shining Crusade relics to fly around the museum and attack my sentinels. Everything is going haywire! The magical traps started to target me, the sentinels are not responding to my commands, and—”

Valsin holds out a hand to steady the increasingly agitated elf. “The last you knew, the thieves were still in your study?” Nigel nods. “Very well. Pathfinders: the Seekers should prepare to teleport directly into the Blakros study—“

“That won’t work,” Nigel interrupts, “The study is magically sealed. After that dreadful Numerian exhibit, I turned it into a magical safe room. The robbers must have figured out how to activate it; no one can get in or out while the wards hold. I can work on breaking the wards, but meanwhile my sentinels are smashing up the collection. Some of those priceless relics are on loan from your own Society lodges, so helping me is really helping yourselves.”

“Fine.” Ambrus Valsin takes a deep breath and then turns to the assembled Pathfinders. “Pathfinders, go to the Blakros Museum, secure any relics you can, disable the security systems, and apprehend the looters if possible. Stay safe.”

@Table GMs: You may now run Part A on page 10 and Part B on page 14, in whatever order you choose. Please do not proceed to Part C yet.

Dark Archive

Magus (Bladebound Hexcrafter) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: -1, CMD: 13 | F:2 R:4 W:2 | Init: 4 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 2/2 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Escape Artist: 5 | Fly: 8 | Knowledge (Arcana): 8 | Perception: 3 | Profession (Research):4 | Spellcraft: 8

Malvic listens intently to the briefing happening shortly after he arrived in Skyreach. Starting to laugh when he hears about his magical defenses going haywire. Looks like he should have had a professional install those instead of some amateur. So much for not sparing expense.

"This. Now this is something I can get behind. We will have to put down these foolish thieves quickly so I can look at all these relics!" Malvic exclaims ready to do some research after clearing out the thieves who backed themselves into a corner.

He turns to Kahwen and the others " Let's not waste too much time or there won't be a museum left to save. Any more information for the group before we head out or better yet we can discuss it on the way?" he asks the group while mindlessly trying to usher them out of the hall.

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

Hadza hefts his cold iron pole-arm and marches towards the Blackros Museum among a sea of Pathfinders. The metal scales of his mail jingle with each heavy step. He looks around to appraise the Pathfinders in his vicinity.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half Elf Oracle 1 | AC14 - T12 - FF12 | HP 10/10| F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init +1 Perc +3 | CMD 13

"Gods above," Liasna swears at the contents of the note. She had more or less no idea as to the significance of it all, but the mention of bitter laughter and the way in which it read all suggested that this was going to be a less than delightful problem for them to contend with.

Sighing, she sets aside the pastries, the drinks, and the mingling. Taking up her kit, she heads to the main hall along with the many other Pathfinders moving in that direction.

The news, when it comes, makes her grimace - as do the interactions betwee Venture Captain Ambrus Valsin and the elf, Nigel. The descriptions of what they were going into made her cringe.

"This seems... decidedly less than pleasant a task to find ourselves with in the midst of our Torchbearing." she says, perhaps a bit bluntly. "I'm not so sure how I'll be with breaking and entering," she admits to those she's been grouped with, "But I imagine we'll figure it out as we go."

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

"Do not worry," Hadza says in an effort to reassure the elf woman, "If I cannot kick down a door, I can throw you through a window."

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 2nd [HP 13/13, AC 19 /ff 14 /t 15, Fort +0, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +5, Per +9, Spd 30']

Kahwen definitely likes Hadza and Malvic's attitudes. He walks along near the two of them.

"Yes, yes! The faster we get there, the faster we can solve this problem for the Society." He exclaims.

"Don't worry, it sounds like everything is already broken so we'll be fixing and entering. Or maybe breaking more and entering."

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

"Probably entering and assaulting."

Dark Archive

Dozens of Wise District guards surround the Blakros Museum. The sergeant nods to Ambrus Valsin as he approaches, a subtle smirk dancing across the venture-captain’s face. The museum itself is alight with swirling whorls of color and the sounds of metal and stone clashing. Occasionally, brief flashes of light burst from the front entrance, illuminating a toppled banner that says “Legacy of the Shining Crusade.”

The broad-shouldered, middle-aged Ulfen man salutes, a somewhat bemused expression on his face. “Well met, Venture-Captain Valsin. I am Svaralk of Asleifar, Sergeant of the Learned Guard. The Guard appreciates your assistance.” He points to his subordinates, “Our initial attempt to quell the animated relics within failed. I’ve ordered the Guard to withdraw and form a perimeter.”

Ambrus Valsin returns the sergeant’s salute, a gesture of mutual respect. “You once served in Grand Prince Stavian III’s Ulfen Guard, did you not?”

Svaralk nods, “That’s right. Afterwards, I retired to Absalom and have served this city for seven years. This is not the first catastrophe I’ve responded to at the Blakros Museum, though none has been quite so dramatic as this. As if anyone needed further proof of the museum’s reputation for trouble.”

The Ulfen confides to the Venture-Captain, “After Nigel Aldain harangued me for dereliction of duty in not immediately retaking the museum, I’m in no rush to sacrifice the lives under my command until the warring creatures inside wear each other down.” He holds up a hand and shakes his head, “I don’t hold Nigel Aldain’s outburst against him. I recognize the elf is rightfully concerned—albeit rather precious—about his exhibit.”

Svaralk turns to your team of Pathfinders and says, “Before you enter, I can provide you an overview of the museum’s layout and tell you that there are animated relics and guard animals on the ground level, and clockwork creatures skirmishing with each other on the floor above. We also have an especially challenging problem in the gardens at the southeast corner of the museum grounds. Some kind of magical runes displaying swarm-like behavior, more magical devices really than living creatures. They proved too complicated a challenge for me and my guards; we simply lacked the skills to disable them.”

Dark Archive

You are able to try scouting ahead. Only one person may scout. The spoilers for what you find at each location and the stealth DC needed are as follows. This will allow you to know exactly what threat is at which location and decide which to encounter, and which to skip. However, any failure of the stealth, the scout is spotted and the encounter triggers for the scout. The rest of the party will take 1d3 rounds to arrive.

Stealth 1 DC 15, “The Shining Armory”:

It is chaos as animated objects, especially flying banners, are rampaging across the gallery.

Stealth 2 DC 15, “Crusader’s Chronicles”:

Aggressive-looking guard animals, including dogs, growls at any potential trespassers.

Stealth 3 DC 15, Museum Gardens:

A bizarre sight greets you as swarms of magical runes are flying through the air.

There will be more Stealth for the Second floor as well if you head up there.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half Elf Oracle 1 | AC14 - T12 - FF12 | HP 10/10| F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init +1 Perc +3 | CMD 13

Liasna grins at the man's apparent encouragement. He seems to mean well, so she chuckles - certainly, the direction his encouragement had gone in was surprising enough - and agrees cheerfully, "So long as I can see the direction I go flying in, I'm fine with that!"

Once they get to the Blakros Museum, she can't help but raise an eye at both the sight of the museum as well as, well... The guards working on it.

"A layout would be excellent," Liasna nods, grateful. "It sounds as though there are some... interesting foes to contend with." The oracle considered that for only a moment before next asking, "Are there any tried and true ways of disabling them without damaging the exhibits? You seem to have experience with such, ah, incidents." She didn't mention his reference to their failure, since it was entirely possible they'd learned something useful from prior incidents.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

"Nothing a solid blow from a good steel weapon cannot fix, I am certain," Hadza proposes. "If we wanted to bypass the trouble on the first floor, how would we go about getting to the second?"

Dark Archive

Magus (Bladebound Hexcrafter) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: -1, CMD: 13 | F:2 R:4 W:2 | Init: 4 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 2/2 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Escape Artist: 5 | Fly: 8 | Knowledge (Arcana): 8 | Perception: 3 | Profession (Research):4 | Spellcraft: 8

"I think our feathered friend might be up to the task of scouting ahead if I remember correctly from our other adventures," Malvic slide behind Kahwen as he says it giving him a nudge forward, "and do keep and eye out for anything interesting!"

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

"We know we have to fight," Hadza cautions, "Why risk our friend out there alone?"

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 2nd [HP 13/13, AC 19 /ff 14 /t 15, Fort +0, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +5, Per +9, Spd 30']

Kahwen bows to Malvic, and the whole party. His mouth is not made to smile but the way his eyes sparkle makes it clear that he both believes he is up to the task and eager for it.

"Indeed, Friend Malvic, it would be my honor to scout ahead for us," he says.

He draws his sword as he heads for the door, peeking inside before ducking in.

Not sure if I'm allowed to try all three checks but Kahwen would try to scout them all before returning. The below checks are in the same order as the locations are listed.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Kahwen returns with the same look of triumph and lots of information soon enough.

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

The massive barbarian appears relieved when the tengu returns but masks his concern with eager words, "Good. Now, can we get to the fight?"

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half Elf Oracle 1 | AC14 - T12 - FF12 | HP 10/10| F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init +1 Perc +3 | CMD 13

"Glad you made it back in one piece," Liasna nods to the Tengu. "What did you find?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Inquisitor half orc 1 Init +4; Perception +6 AC 18*, touch14, FF 18 hp 10 F+3, R+4, W+4 dagger+1BU +3 (1d4+3**/19–20) longbow +4 (1d8) Inquisitor half orc 1

"I heard a lot of stories about Blackros Museum... but I never have been so close."

Dark Archive

Liasna wrote:
"Are there any tried and true ways of disabling them without damaging the exhibits? You seem to have experience with such, ah, incidents."

"Wish I knew some. If there were for the Blakros Mueseum we wouldn't have every Pathfinder in Absalom standing here."

The Map is on Page 2 of the slideshow attached underneath Gayel Nords profile name.

Kahwen easily ducks into the museum and returns some time later with a decent layout of the first floor. You can all open the three first level spoilers as I am sure he is going to tell what was found. While skulking around Kahwen found a set of stairs leading up to the second floor in the northeastern corner of the floor.

Second Floor is on Page 3 of the slideshow.

Second Floor Stealth 4 DC 15, “Scars of the Lich”:

The room is filled with statues which lumbering randomly around.

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

"Let us go," Hadza says. He slips into the museum as quietly as he can.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 4 = 15

Dark Archive

Magus (Bladebound Hexcrafter) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: -1, CMD: 13 | F:2 R:4 W:2 | Init: 4 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 2/2 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Escape Artist: 5 | Fly: 8 | Knowledge (Arcana): 8 | Perception: 3 | Profession (Research):4 | Spellcraft: 8

"Excellent. It was forgone conclusion you would be successful, Kahwen." Malvic praises the tengu after getting the briefing.

While thinking about the best choice of routes he sees Hadza start to head off and lets out a sigh.

"...Any route will be sufficient with him leading the way, I suppose." he mutters to himself.

Malvic attempts to sneak along with the barbarian.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 2nd [HP 13/13, AC 19 /ff 14 /t 15, Fort +0, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +5, Per +9, Spd 30']

Kahwen literally preens at Malvic's praise, the feathers on his head and neck rising and his fingers going through them. He stops his self-congratulations as Hadza and Malvic creep back into the museum.

"I believe the gardens will be the hardest. I don't know how we'll fight so many things. Mayhap the magicy people can save their mass target spells? If they have them? Kahwen does the closest approximation to a whisper his cawing voice can accomplish.

He chuckles quietly at Malvic's comment. "Indeed, Friend Malvic. I believe we'll be safe if we can stay behind him."

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half Elf Oracle 1 | AC14 - T12 - FF12 | HP 10/10| F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init +1 Perc +3 | CMD 13

"Well, it was worth asking," she says with a smile. She gives her arms a single good overhead stretch each before returning her attention to the task at hand.

"My only mass targeting spell is a bit of positive energy," Liasna points out.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Dark Archive

Which of the 4 encounters are you choosing to go to?

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

Headed straight for Shining Campaign, unless there's something along the way.

Dark Archive

Meeting back at the front entrance to discuss any form of tactics the group decides to begin clearing out the initial first floor.

Under a sign that reads “The Shining Armory,” priceless Shining Crusade artifacts displayed on pedestals creak and move by some unseen force. Eerie light seems to dart between the objects while the din of a raging battle echoes throughout the chamber. The central feature is a low, artificial hill atop which stand two stuffed owlbears surrounded by shattered undead foes. Each of the beasts wears chainmail barding and an orange-and-black caparison depicting a stylized owlbear. A dead man dressed in furs lies on the floor before a suit of fullplate armor.

The Shining Crusade attracted soldiers of all stripes, from Taldor’s official armies and hedge knights to independent mercenary corps. The Order of the Sable Owlbear joined the crusade late but made a lasting name for itself on the field of battle, and Nigel Aldain has gathered dozens of relics from the mercenary company—including two stuffed owlbears prepared by some of the corps’ descendants. The lingering resonance of these relics have infused them with their long-dead owners’ will, animating them to fight all comers.

Luckily another stronger group of Pathfinders moves in to fend off the animated owlbears cause as Liasna steps into the room she rocks against a pedestal and the lingering magical forces animate one of the Shining Crusade's banners as it clumsily whips towards her.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 13:
SHINING CRUSADE BANNER
You know for sure that a normal banner cannot move by himself. Even less when it is trying to attack you. One thing for sure, this animated object move like it was haunted. Like it is a part of the will of the Shining Crusade.

For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Init:

Malvic: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Hadza: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Kahwen: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Jadashi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Liasna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Banner: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Round 1
Jadashi
---------------------------------
Banner
---------------------------------
Kahwen
Malvic
Liasna
Hadza

Dark Archive

Magus (Bladebound Hexcrafter) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: -1, CMD: 13 | F:2 R:4 W:2 | Init: 4 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 2/2 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Escape Artist: 5 | Fly: 8 | Knowledge (Arcana): 8 | Perception: 3 | Profession (Research):4 | Spellcraft: 8

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 If the check was for before combat.

Malvic eyes the banner that came to life as it awkwardly moves towards Liasna.

"We need not worry too hard about this distraction it..."

He coldly tells the group the information he could discern before it fully engages them.

GM:
Resistances and Weaknesses

Dark Archive

While the cloth banner has no real resistances it does in fact seem haunted by some spirit allowing it to also be harmed by positive energy.

Liberty's Edge

Male Inquisitor half orc 1 Init +4; Perception +6 AC 18*, touch14, FF 18 hp 10 F+3, R+4, W+4 dagger+1BU +3 (1d4+3**/19–20) longbow +4 (1d8) Inquisitor half orc 1

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

After knowing the undead nature of the banners, Jadashi throws a ray of positive energy to them.

- DEADS MUST REST!

disrupt undead (touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d6 ⇒ 6

I undestrand that pointblack shot & undead slayer dont apply


Map and handout aid Token.

Jadashi's ray strikes true as the Banner twists himself like it was hurt.

It flies toward the inquisator.

gm:

attack charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

grab: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21
constrict: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The banner successfuly wraps himself on Jadashi who lose conscious.
His duty done, the banner searchs an another foe to battle.

Round 1
Jadashi ;-16 hp nonlethal.
---------------------------------
Banner; -2 ac -6 hp
---------------------------------
Kahwen
Malvic
Liasna
Hadza

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

Hadza steps forward and tries to skewer the fluttering banner while it is entangled around the half-orc.

Dice:
Lucern Hammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Lucern Hammer: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 2nd [HP 13/13, AC 19 /ff 14 /t 15, Fort +0, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +5, Per +9, Spd 30']

"Aww...that was going to be glorious!" Kahwen exclaims, clearly disappointed that other, more experienced Pathfinders were going to deal with the animated taxidermied animals.

"Undead owlbears! In armor!"

He focuses on the task at hand though, gaping a bit as the banner immediately takes down one of his companions.

"Then again, this may be a worthy opponent, too."

He rushes in, running up on the opposite side of the banner from Hadza to take a swing.

Does it have reach? If so, Kahwen will acrobatics through his threat square. I also assume Hadza has a reach weapon and is, therefore, threatening the banner? If not, please disregard the additions below for flanking (including sneak attack and dirty fighter.) Oh...also disregard the sneak attack damage if it's immune...obviously.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Elven Curve Blade + Flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24
Slashing + Sneak Attack + Dirty Fighter: 1d10 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (3) + 1 = 7


Map and handout aid Token.

The killid swings his hammer... but he miss to hit a simple cloth. On the other hand, Kahwen rips a part of the priceless relic. A historian somewhere in the world is crying.

Round 1
Jadashi ;-16 hp nonlethal.
---------------------------------
Banner; -2 ac -13 hp
---------------------------------
Kahwen
Malvic
Liasna

Hadza

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half Elf Oracle 1 | AC14 - T12 - FF12 | HP 10/10| F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init +1 Perc +3 | CMD 13

Liasna flinches away from the banner once she's ascertained that it's coming for her. What little relief she has when it changes targets is immediately depleted by its impact on the half orc. Since she's not sure how this new foe determines who it wants to, ah... Squeeze? She carefully pulls out her crossbow - loaded in preparation of this particular venture - and aimed at the... ghostly banner?

Crossbow: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 4 = 6
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Dark Archive

Magus (Bladebound Hexcrafter) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: -1, CMD: 13 | F:2 R:4 W:2 | Init: 4 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 2/2 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Escape Artist: 5 | Fly: 8 | Knowledge (Arcana): 8 | Perception: 3 | Profession (Research):4 | Spellcraft: 8

"Correction. We do need to worry about this distraction. Allow me..."Malvic says trailing off as he puts his rapier to work on the banner while letting forth acid from the free hand.

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Rapier: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 2 = 8
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


Map and handout aid Token.

The killid swings his hammer... but he miss to hit a simple cloth. On the other hand, Kahwen rips a part of the priceless relic. A historian somewhere in the world is crying.

Malvic's acid touch as Liasna's shot miss. Jadashi uncounscious, the banner aims for another victim.

gm:
attack hadza: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
constrict: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4[/B]

It finds Hadza and does the same thing to him that it did to Jadashi but the kellid's stamina is higher..

Round 2
Jadashi ;-16 hp nonlethal.
---------------------------------
Banner; grappled -16 hp
---------------------------------
Kahwen
Malvic
Liasna
Hadza; grappled; -12 hp nonlethal

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Kellid) Barbarian (Geminate Invoker) 1 | HP 22/21 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | F +4 (6) R +2 (4) W +1 (3) | CMB/D +5/17 | K (R) +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Init +4 | Speed 30 ft | Trance 5/6 | Shirt Re-Roll 1/1 | Active Conditions: +1 K (R), Nimble Moves, Acrobatic, Trance

Hadza roars as the banner envelopes him and begins to constrict. "No!"

The powerful Kellid warrior flexes his muscles and strains against the cloth.

Break Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Note: Since this happens at the end of the round, the Banner suffers its AC penalty for everyone else's attacks/spells.

Readied Action:
If struck again, he will activate (immediate action) Trance for +2 HP and the Diehard feat.

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 2nd [HP 13/13, AC 19 /ff 14 /t 15, Fort +0, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +5, Per +9, Spd 30']

"Hmmm...maybe the owlbears would have been easier opponents," Kahwen says as the banner hides another of his companions in its folds and begins to tighten.

"Forgive me, Friend Hadza!" he says, cringing as he swings his sword at the banner. It seems like a bad idea since one of his companions is inside it but he can't think of a better one.

Elven Curve Blade + Flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Slashing + Sneak Attack + Dirty Fighter: 1d10 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + (1) + 1 = 7

1 to 50 of 405 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Gayel Nord Solstice Scar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.