Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Leviathan Rises (Inactive)

Game Master Harakani

After the Old Ones conquered Golarion the survivors fled to a patchwork of demiplanes known only as The City.


351 to 400 of 906 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Init: Pepper, Fungus, Weyland, Shaezon, Anton, Tarek


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

Pepper brings his club down onto the slime, trying to splatter it into as many separate pieces as possible.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage:1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


And succeeds!
The olive goo trembles, then dissolves into a pool of sticky smelling fungal residue.

The room, still encrusted with fungi and rot, stands open - but with the dying of the ooze so also dies the last remnants of the fire that provided illumination.


Human Paladin 1 AC 17/11/16 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

"Nicely done Pepper!

Weyland sighs at the loss of his lantern,
"I just bought that....Well if no one can do better, I have some candles. They're not good for much, but they should let us look around."


The scarecrow, newly mended, comes out of the workshop with a makeshift mop and begins to mop the remnants of the floor where the sickly green ooze has spread. He ignores the party.

The workshop stands open.

The 'gate room' stands open.

The ceiling, still encrusted with plants, leaves the area in darkness as the lamp-fire dies, broken only by the candle Weyland has lit.
Combat is over - what do you do?


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"Through the portal I suppose." Shae says unsure of himself.


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

"Shouldn't we be looking around this place more first before we be going through some portals elsewhere?"


Human Paladin 1 AC 17/11/16 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0
Einar "Pepper" Elander wrote:
"Shouldn't we be looking around this place more first before we be going through some portals elsewhere?"

"I agree. There's no guarantee that we'll even be able to get back here, so we'd best be thorough. Maybe we should clear some of those plants down, so we can let in some light.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shae pulls out his hatchet and attempts to use mage hand to shift it around enough to cut down as much of the plants above as possible.

Probably not real effective, but he can do it all day long.

He'll also experiment with Prestidigitation to clear some of the plants.


Th group spends some time pulling down the roof-plant. Once a few of the larger vines are yanked down, the rest of the plant comes with it and "daylight" pours in.

The scarecrow goes to the workshop, returns with a crude broom, and starts to sweep the debris from the floor and outside. Occasionally the broom catches on the remnants of floor.

Shae's magic proves most useful at cleaning the last remnants of suckers from the roof.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Now that the area is cleaner, Tarek looks around for any clues.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"So what's the plan?"


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Tarek moves to pick up his fighting sticks, handing one back to Shae. Let's secure the area one section at a time. Take a look around.


Human Paladin 1 AC 17/11/16 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

Weyland also starts nosing around looking for anything out of the ordinary or that might be worth something.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Awesome...


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Weyland Piper wrote:
Weyland also starts nosing around looking for anything out of the ordinary or that might be worth something.

Shae does the same

Percep 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Plus detect magic


Just checking: looking only in this large room, not the adjacent rooms (gate and workshop)


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Harakani DM wrote:
Just checking: looking only in this large room, not the adjacent rooms (gate and workshop)

For the moment that's correct.


This room seems - well, scoured. The slime from whatever attacked you has spread like thick green mucus, trying to slowly reform, but shrivelling from sunlight.
Apart from that disgusting mess, there really doesn't seem to be anything here - except for the Scarecrow.

Shae's sixth sense is blinded by the presence of the portal, but he thinks there might be something in the workshop.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"I think there is something magic in the room other than the portal, but the portal is too bright for me to make anything out. If you see anything that looks well made bring it outside and I'll check again."

Turning off detect magic does Shae see anything that's well made enough to be enchanted?
Percep if needed 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Human Paladin 1 AC 17/11/16 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

Weyland heads into the workshop to help Shae look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 I guess that's an improvement...


Male human Dirge Bard 4 | HP 19/19 {effects: none} | AC 20 (T15 FF15) DR 2 (silver&magic)| F -1, R +9, W +3 | Init +5 | darkvision 60', Perception +10, Sense Motive +8
Dailies:
Bardic Performance 14/14r, Spells: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 2/2

Anton moves to assist, standing facing away from the portal and casts his own Detect Magic.


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

Pepper works furiously to help get the vegetation off the roof, but when things quiet down and people start peering into corners he quickly appears bored. He takes a nearby tool and starts poking at the shriveling pools of mucus, seeming amused by it's quivering.


The workshop shows hard use. The tools here are all wood, cloth or stone - and have a crude look about them, as if crafted by an amateur. There are hundreds of tools here, mostly stored in tool cupboards.

Anton:

Standing in the place with the most wall between you and the portal, and pointing away from the portal, you manage to pick up that one of the tool cupboards has an aura. Spellcraft for details please. There could well be other things, but the 'glare' from the portal is just too strong.

Shae:

One thing looks well enough crafted to be enchanted. There is a scythe here that has a beautiful, almost organic look.
Further investigation reveals that the metal head is beautifully honed, but still bears flecks of grain. The head has a clever mechanism and can be easily rotated to use as a weapon, rather than a tool.
Definitely masterwork. Looks suspiciously unused, so could be a magic weapon

There are wooden tools here that can be used as weapons as per the normal rules. With a bit of time some of them could be make-shifted into crude weapons. Profession:Farmer or Craft roll please.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shae picks up a scythe and examines it. Walking outside he moves out of line of sight from the portal and examines more closely.

Detect magic

SPellcraft to identify if needed 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Tarek seems put out. Barrista wisdom tells me, there's no coffee or tea in here... Shall we check another area? Find anything worth looking into?


Shaezon:

Yep. +1 scythe.


Male human Dirge Bard 4 | HP 19/19 {effects: none} | AC 20 (T15 FF15) DR 2 (silver&magic)| F -1, R +9, W +3 | Init +5 | darkvision 60', Perception +10, Sense Motive +8
Dailies:
Bardic Performance 14/14r, Spells: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 2/2

"There's an aura about that tool cupboard," Anton says pointing.

[ooc]Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10[/dice]

"I can't figure it out though," he continues approaching the cupboard to examine it more closely.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Harakani DM wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Hand scythe or big angel of death 2 hand style?

Shae comes back into the room and says.
"This Scythe has magic about it."

He'll then come over to Anton and examine the cupboard also.

"Let me see."
Shaezon gets close and tries to block the aura from the portal as he examines.
Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


2 handed scythe

@Shae:
Appears to be enchanted with the mending cantrip somehow... an immobile mending command item, maybe?


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"It just looks like a mending cantrip to me. Novel, but we can't take it with us. "

Shae opens the cupboard.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Will it fix Weyland's lantern?


Shae and Anton:
There probably are enough tools to fix the lantern - but the resulting mess will be held together with wire, and use waxed paper instead of glass. Weyland's lantern is beyond the ability of a cantrip to fix.

quick note, there is still a plant 'roof' in this room.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Tarek Madrysian wrote:
Will it fix Weyland's lantern?

"Probably not. It might do some good, but it'd be flimsy at best. Really not worth the time. We should get moving."


Human Paladin 1 AC 17/11/16 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

"At this point, flimsy might be better than nothing at all. My candles are for picking locks unnoticed, they're not big on the whole illumination thing. Anyone see anything that we could jury rig some torches from. It might be dark where we are going."


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Weyland Piper wrote:
"At this point, flimsy might be better than nothing at all. My candles are for picking locks unnoticed, they're not big on the whole illumination thing. Anyone see anything that we could jury rig some torches from. It might be dark where we are going."

"You can give it a shot, but you'd be better served to spend ten minutes making torches."


No problem making torches - thought it might potentially set fire to the plants on the roof.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Hmm... my understanding is that some dweomered items emit light. Perhaps your new scythe, there?

Let's keep moving.


Human Paladin 1 AC 17/11/16 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

Weyland will make a couple of torches and give one to Anton and Shae.

"We may not need them, but better safe than sorry"

Through the portal then?


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Let's do this.


The portal room is crusted with fungus, and smells terrible. The plant roof is still in place here, and the torches cannot be held high without risking causing fire.

There are three doorways - one you entered through, one to what must be the living quarters, and one that should hold the portal.

The doorway to the living quarters has a spongy, rotten door. Fungus, slime and mould has turned the door into a riot of colours... but a faint rust red suggests the remnants of the door are bound in iron,

The doorway to the portal is completely covered by mushrooms.


Human Paladin 1 AC 17/11/16 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

Weyland takes point, checking the door to the living quarters for anything unusual before opening it and slipping through.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


The spongy wood gives softly beneath Weyland's hand. Something hard and sharp catches at a finger - a metal reinforced stud within the fungus encrusted door.

Strength roll DC 15 to break door. I'll count your perception roll as detect traps. Disable Device will lock door, but in its current state you'd have to break it open.


Human Paladin 1 AC 17/11/16 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

"Well, so much for the finess approach. Hey, Pepper! This door was saying some unflattering things about your parentage. I don't think you should let it get away with that."


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Can we use the scythe to scrape the ceiling? Tarek looks to Shae.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Tarek Madrysian wrote:
Can we use the scythe to scrape the ceiling? Tarek looks to Shae.

Shae hands Tarek the scythe.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

If the room is dark, and the magical scythe sheds light... we should see it. Also, at only 10ft high, Tarek should be able to reach the "ceiling" with the scythe (I feel).

Thanks, Shae. Tarek gladly accepts the scythe, flipping the blade out a bit and reaches up to see if he can scrape away from the what's keeping the light out.


The Scythe does not emit light, but is a fantastic tool for cutting and ripping the plants on the roof.
With very little effort the roof can have a hole cleared that enough light in to render the room normally illuminated.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Tarek will exhert that effort albeit cautiously.


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

Pepper helps clear the ceiling and then gives the door an exaggerated frown. "No one talks that way about me dear departed mother!" He gives the door a swift kick, chuckling as it gives way.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

351 to 400 of 906 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Leviathan Rises Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.