Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Leviathan Rises (Inactive)

Game Master Harakani

After the Old Ones conquered Golarion the survivors fled to a patchwork of demiplanes known only as The City.


151 to 200 of 906 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"Well we wouldn't be going to assault the black citadel. We'd just pop in and get some books from a library...in hell." Shae says, his voice getting quieter and quieter as he talks.


Human Paladin 1 AC 17/11/16 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

"Well, well, well. It seems like we all have a few thoughts on how to rack up some loose coin. I, myself, might have a line on how we might 'acquire' a cure, but it'll keep until we know what needs curing."


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"Why don't we start by talking to Grandmother, but lets not mention our plans. She may take issue with us putting ourselves in harms way for her. We'll do it anyway, but having her worry about us won't help her recovery."


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

You were considering mentioning plans?


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

OK, we'll wait for Aku and Anton to speak with mother, we shouldn't crowd her. Vartan's thing for the councilman is also on another demi-plane, not quite Hell though... Sorry, Shae.

Tarek offers the Elf a conciliatory smile.

The councilman thing is obviously time sensitive, should I set that up?


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Sha will look to Aku and Anton then to Grandmothers door.

"You're on."


Male human Dirge Bard 4 | HP 19/19 {effects: none} | AC 20 (T15 FF15) DR 2 (silver&magic)| F -1, R +9, W +3 | Init +5 | darkvision 60', Perception +10, Sense Motive +8
Dailies:
Bardic Performance 14/14r, Spells: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 2/2

Anton nods to the others and heads over to Grandmother's room to speak to her.


Grandmother is attempting to meditate, but is obviously finding it impossible with her coughing fits.

"Come in, Anton"


Male human Dirge Bard 4 | HP 19/19 {effects: none} | AC 20 (T15 FF15) DR 2 (silver&magic)| F -1, R +9, W +3 | Init +5 | darkvision 60', Perception +10, Sense Motive +8
Dailies:
Bardic Performance 14/14r, Spells: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 2/2

Anton enters the room moving close enough to talk softly in case one of the smaller children happen by.

"We are all concerned about your health. I saw what was on your hankerchief... you are clearly getting worse. Why do you pull away from us instead of telling us what is wrong, so that we can help? I understand the thought perhaps of keeping the younger children in the dark, but the older ones... we can do something. If you'll only allow us to know more of what is going on..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Sweet, nailed it!


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Anton Vitruvian wrote:

Anton enters the room moving close enough to talk softly in case one of the smaller children happen by.

"We are all concerned about your health. I saw what was on your hankerchief... you are clearly getting worse. Why do you pull away from us instead of telling us what is wrong, so that we can help? I understand the thought perhaps of keeping the younger children in the dark, but the older ones... we can do something. If you'll only allow us to know more of what is going on..."

Diplomacy: 1d20+8

(AKA: GIve us your secrets, old woman!)


Male Human (Varisian, Tian-Sing, Orc) Sorcerer 1 (Tattooed Sorcerer)

Aku follows Anton inside. "We are worried about you grandmother. All we want is to help you. Please tell us how we can do that?"

Aiding Anton on Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Nice roll!
Grandmother starts to deny she is getting worse, but Anton's speech leaves her sobbing with tears.

"You're right. You older children will be in charge soon enough. You'll need some time to prepare - there's nothing to be done."

She sighs

"There are groups still fighting the Invaders. One of the groups has an asylum for injured warriors, where they try to get them back into the fight. One of the doctors is an Osirian wizard, who was experimenting with recreating the old tomb-guardians of the Osirian Empire. One of the experiments was" she smiles wryly "unexpectedly effective."

"I was at the hospital healing injured veterans when it broke free. It was destroyed, but it hit me first. Normally I'm pretty resilient, but" her pause turns into a cough "not at the moment."

Grandmother starts coughing again, and it is a minute before she can resume.

"The disease I contracted is called 'Mummy Rot'. It is as much curse as disease. While it can be cured it is very, very expensive and would only buy me a little more time."

She pauses, setting herself. There is a look of resignation on her lined face.

"I'm dying, Anton. The coughing is from cancer in my lungs. The gods' way of telling me my time is almost done. Even without the rot, I'd have a few months, maybe a year left."


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26, eavesdropping non-chalantly.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Tarek Madrysian wrote:
Perception 1d20+8, eavesdropping non-chalantly.

Stands by Tarek and wispers, "What are they saying?" Even as he strains to listen himself.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male human Dirge Bard 4 | HP 19/19 {effects: none} | AC 20 (T15 FF15) DR 2 (silver&magic)| F -1, R +9, W +3 | Init +5 | darkvision 60', Perception +10, Sense Motive +8
Dailies:
Bardic Performance 14/14r, Spells: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 2/2

"It was foolish of that doctor to be performing such experiments in a hospital of wounded. In any case, is there nothing we can do? Is there no cure for the cancer?" Anton sighs sadly. "What would you have us do to help you before the end, and how would you like us to prepare for your absence that will be most dearly felt amongst all your children?"


"I..."

Grandmother looks drained, helpless.

"I don't know. The rot isn't contagious - it is as much curse as disease, and the cancer isn't either. I'm not a danger. "

"I just want to spend my last days here. With my children. I need to make sure that you're all going to be all right. That you can stay together when I'm - when I'm gone."

Spellcraft DC 15 anyone listening:

It is true that when a body has worn out very little can be done. Timeless planes can stop aging, but become a prison. Reincarnation spells can completely change the body, granting a new lease on life. Certain spells and potions can buy a few more years, but these are always very expensive.
Grandmother should know of these. It seems likely Grandmother is not mentioning them because all the solutions are expensive, and she doesn't think she can get that sort of money in time, and does not want to distress her kids.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Spellcraft you say? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20, I can hang with the casters... :)

Tarek looks over at the others in the room with him. First we deal with the Mummy Rot, buy ourselves some time... then we deal with the cancer.

And, I've gotta tell ya... If I were doing experiments and this f'up was a possibility, I'd have the cure near by. That hospital or that butcher called "doctor" have a cure. We can buy it or take it, either way it's ours... and soon.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shaezon looks worried even as he listens.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Clearly I can't hang with the casters.


Male human Dirge Bard 4 | HP 19/19 {effects: none} | AC 20 (T15 FF15) DR 2 (silver&magic)| F -1, R +9, W +3 | Init +5 | darkvision 60', Perception +10, Sense Motive +8
Dailies:
Bardic Performance 14/14r, Spells: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 2/2

Spellcraft DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"There are ways we can help. Many low to medium risk jobs where we can make some money that can help both the children and you. Don't give up. Even if we were going to be all right and stay together without you, we would still much prefer the house with you around. Let us take care of you as you have cared for us."


Grandmother is obviously touched

"Anton - I've had my time. I don't want one of you kids losing your life for me."


Male human Dirge Bard 4 | HP 19/19 {effects: none} | AC 20 (T15 FF15) DR 2 (silver&magic)| F -1, R +9, W +3 | Init +5 | darkvision 60', Perception +10, Sense Motive +8
Dailies:
Bardic Performance 14/14r, Spells: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 2/2

"We're old enough to make that decision for ourselves. I'll go and talk to the others. You get your rest."

Yeah, end this scene to start something else.

Anton then goes to the other older children (the PCs) and recounts his conversation to them. "So we'll need to look into the various potential jobs we've heard about to make money for the home and to purchase healing for Grandmother."


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"I'll do whatever is necessary." Shaezon says resolutely


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

I'll see about Vartan, immediately.


Tarek is gone for an hour, then returns to collect the group.

Councillor Kesh maintains a manor in High Road. The butler lets you into a large empty antechamber, easily 60ft across. In a city where space has to be made out of magic and diamonds an empty space this size is a statement of wealth and power.

The fact it also makes an excellent killing ground is not lost on some of you either.

Vartan is waiting for you in the antechamber, sweating ever so slightly.

The butler leads you and Vartan to the drawing room down a long corridor outfitted in red wood and gold trim. At the door he bows, opens it and allows you to enter. Vartan, however, is stopped

”I am sorry sir, but the councillor would prefer this meeting remain private.”

Councillor Kesh proves to be a tall, fit, well dressed man in his mid 30s. Charisma and leadership almost roll off him in waves that suggest to the cynical that councillor Kesh is not above magically augmenting his political ability.

Kesh himself wears a fashionable outfit, but the three attaches behind him are wearing arnmoured coats, and have the steely eyed look of men who have done violence. The young & beautiful ladyon his left is wearing a dragonscale dress has a certain... something... that suggests she may not be of entirely mortal stock.

The young lady steps forward ”Good evening gentlemen. I am Marya. May I offer you a drink?”

Anyone who wants a drink is given one - there is a good selection of alcohol

The Councillor’s eyes seem to be sizing up everything about the group. Finally, as if a switch is thrown he smiles warmly, strides over to Tarek and extends a hand in greeting.

“You are Tarek? Vartan has spoken well of you.”

He casts his eyes over the group

”Alright. If we do this I’m going to have to trust you. Can I trust you? To do the job and keep quiet about what happens from here on out?”


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

I come to you by a known channel. My reputation apparently precedes me. You can trust me as far as your nature permits.

Tarek uses a pause in his speaking to take in the attachees and female. It seems to remind him of something.

I would however respectfully advise against using threats, veiled or otherwise and 'promises' as leverage. This includes but is not limited to threats against Vartan, my Grandfather, Grandmother or anyone who shares our home.

Threatening me personally, is acceptable. Now that said, how may I be of assistance to you? I am certain your time is valuable... Mr. Kesh.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16, what sort of thing is he hiding?
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22, any magicks used to influence us?


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Are we all in this room or just Tarek?


Whoever was turning up to the meeting is there. That is the subject of the discussion thread.


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

As Pepper walks in his eyes are drawn to the armored guards. He quietly assesses them as he stands towards the back of the group. When the lady approaches to offer them drinks he gives her a crooked grin and with a twinkle in his eye responds, "I be not drinkin' t'day, thank you kindly doll."


Male Human (Varisian, Tian-Sing, Orc) Sorcerer 1 (Tattooed Sorcerer)

Aku comes along dressed in his usual bright red. He keeps an eye on all those around him, already trying to find escape routes, though it seems people always keep an eye on him as well with his bright colors and tattoos.

When they get offered a drink he declines the alcohol and instead requests a cup of black tea.

Instead of Tarek's brash words Aku decides to use honey, "Please Tarek, don't insult our most gracious host." In his limited experience politicians seamed to like people sucking up and one that supposedly used magic to enforce his appeal even more so. "Yes you can trust us Councilman. We will execute the task at hand to the best of our considerable abilities but remain quiet as to the one on who's order we work. We are discrete as that benefits us most." Selfish people could most easily relate to selfish motives.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Oh well, at least it isn't a 1


"Carrot and the stick?" Kesh asks, raising en eyebrow before breaking into a smile
"I can work with that"

He nods to Marya, who nods back.
"Alright. I've got a problem, and I need people to investigate. I've sent two people already and they haven't come back. I suspect something was waiting at the gate."

He holds up a small tuning fork

"This is a key. We use it to send you in somewhere else, where nothing can be waiting for you. You find out what's going on. If it is fixable you can fix it, but I'm hiring you to get information, not get killed. If you can't get through the gate I've got three scrolls to let you use the key to get back here - but you use them or lose them, you buy them."

"You bring my people back - alive or dead - and I'll give you 20 pounds of gold for each of them. Tell me what's going wrong and I'll give you another 30 pounds. Actually fix the problem and I'll double that to 60. Any souvenirs you take you pay for. Do a good enough job and I'll let you buy shares in the place."

He looks at Aku
"How does that sound?"

@Tarek:

You're pretty confident you're not going to get anything off the Councillor, but... the attaches seem nervous, which would fit with the story. From what he's said so far the councillor is suggesting possibly his trouble is something embarrassing or mildly illegal.
There are no obvious spells in the room (without detect magic, anyway)


For the record 20 pounds of gold is 1000gp. To the rich this isn't a huge amount of money, but it is enough to buy a small house outright, so it is probably more than any of you have ever seen in your life.
Can I get bluff rolls DC 12 from anyone who doesn't want their jaw to drop.


Male Human (Varisian, Tian-Sing, Orc) Sorcerer 1 (Tattooed Sorcerer)

Bluff 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Aku tries hard to hide his amazement at the sum they are offered but his eyes betray him. That was more than he had ever seen together, more than he had ever dreamt of. "I think that will suffice yes. We will need some more details on the job though, so that we know what to expect." While he tries to keep his voice calm and collected, Aku can't help some enthusiasm seeping through.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Bluff 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

That sounds almost perfect, Sir.

But, you've got two missing "agents", which you believe could very well be dead. I don't see anyone else... Tarek tosses a nod, indicating the attachees and dragonscale girl-thing, ...jumping at the opportunity to follow in their footsteps.

We... do this on your behalf, councilman Kesh. Transportation is on you. Souvenirs are gratis. And, the figures should be 25 each, 50 and doubled to 100.

A good job is nearly guaranteed, and we'll need the extra gold to buy shares, yes? All in all, a small price for a man in your position to save a little embarrassment and scrutiny.

How does that sound, Mr. Kesh?


"Do it now and I'll increase the figures to 25, 50 and 100. Otherwise what I said. Either way I'm not paying for you to steal things or waste scrolls. But if you do the job right you'll be able to use the gate anyway."

Now is everyone as they were post War Wolves fight. Morning means everyone gets a heal and spellcasters can get a fresh spell list


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Tonight, yes... Of course, time is of the essence. But, we need to gather our things and get the rest of our crew.

Tarek extends a hand respectfully, for a handshake.

For Grandmother!


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shaezon goes about his work at grandmothers house as he waits for Tarek and Aku to return.


"Be back in 15 minutes, or see me tomorrow morning." the Councillor shakes Tarek's hand.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Thank you for the opportunity to serve, Sir.

Tarek lets himself and the others be escorted out. Making haste once outside.


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

Pepper eyes Marya suggestively on his way out of the room. Outside he is all smiles, "Aw 'at gold 'll be spot on ta wha' we need fur Grandmutter."


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

We might not be fully rested and refreshed, sure... But, the extra 2,500 in gold should be worth it.

I dare say, he nearly appreciated our go at "good-inspector, bad-inspector", Aku! And, before you say anything... I did push our luck. But, as far as he knows... we've got nothing to lose. He on the other hand... needs to clean up a mess.

That kind of money maybe only something we dream of, brother... But, for him. It's chump-change. And, I wish to be his ever-so-humble... chump.

Tarek smiles broadly as he pats everyone on the back or shoulder. Let's gather the others and return ASAP. Time is money, as they say. And, have we researched that Mummy Rot situation... what's required tro cure it. Did anyone research it at the library? Don't we have some book worms for friends?!


Male Human (Varisian, Tian-Sing, Orc) Sorcerer 1 (Tattooed Sorcerer)

"We did and we do." Aku grinned sheepishly, "I bet Shae can find some things in the books, but first let's get the others so we can get started. If we're lucky we even have money to spend after getting grandmother a cure."


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

I'll leave a note about Kesh and what we're up to with Thom-Thom, for grandfather. No specifics, just an errand. There are four of us, we can each grab one of the others, gotta hurry.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"I can research, but I'll be more valuable on the mission I think."


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Agreed.


Cutting forward, then

The ripe corn stands eight feet tall under a bright blue sky. There is no breeze, just the hot, dry, dusty, still air. The sound of cicadas is the only noise.

Whumph
Suddenly there is a gap in the corn, a circle of flattened crops. Inside this stand a circle of young men, all holding hands and looking a little stunned. Each man around his neck an amulet with Kesh's sigil.

The cicadas stop for a few seconds, then resume their incessant song, loud enough to drown out quiet conversation.

The satchel Kesh gave to Aku almost slips from his shoulder and spills its precious contents, but Aku lets go of Tarek's hand and it drops neatly into his palm.

Satchel contains: 2 Scrolls of Plane Shift (arcane) 1 scroll of Plane Shift (divine) a metal tuning fork for High Road and a map of this area.

Amulet is to stop the security system - animated scarecrows - from attacking you. Kesh expects them back. The missing attachees have the same amulet. Residents have a tattoo instead.


Human Paladin 1 AC 17/11/16 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +3 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

Weyland grimaces as the disorientation from the plane shift slowly fades.

"Ugg, I don't think I'll ever get used to that. Let's take a look at this map then."


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

TKG regarding this plane:

Know Arcana 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Know Dungeon1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Know Engineer1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Know Geography1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Know History1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Know local1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Know Nature1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Know Nobility1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Know Planes1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Know Religion1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Spellcraft1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Linguistics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"I'll take one of the arcane scrolls please."


@Shaezon:

Assuming the +2 knowledges aren't trained
The spell took longer to fade than you would have expected - a lot longer. Without more experience it's hard to be exact, but this must be a fast-time demiplane.
Survival wise with the abundance of food around you you could probably stay alive and in reasonable health here damn near indefinitely.
Interesting that there is no birdsong - had to tell but you'd guess the "sky" here is too low for flying.


Male Human (Varisian, Tian-Sing, Orc) Sorcerer 1 (Tattooed Sorcerer)

Aku starts handing out amulets. "These are a safety measure to protect you from the guards. Don't lose it or we'll be cut in revenue." And it might cost you your life.

Once evryone has their amulet and he is wearing his own Aku unfolds the map. "Now, where are we."

Aku won't lead either but is comfortable as a nr 2 of sorts

151 to 200 of 906 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Leviathan Rises Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.