Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Leviathan Rises (Inactive)

Game Master Harakani

After the Old Ones conquered Golarion the survivors fled to a patchwork of demiplanes known only as The City.


1 to 50 of 906 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

It is nearly 6:30 when the gate-guard screams out.

Grandmother has been trying to make dinner, but the coughing has gotten so bad one of the older kids has had to take over while she sits down.

Thom-Thom is sitting out on the seat in the front garden watching the gate; his vision means he often pulls night shift, though the silver sky has not yet darkened to black.

Everyone else is bustling around the house but Minnow, and some of the younger kids are grumbling about Minnow being late - mostly because they want to get to the pastries Tarek brought home from work.

Suddenly Thom-Thom screams out "Minnow! Trouble!"

Those who run out into the street or garden see Minnow, arms pumping, covered in sweat, running like the wind away from the gate. A few seconds behind her, just emerging, are a pack of large but mangy long-haired dogs.

You have initiative. Put yourself on the map starting in Thom-Thom's square and move from there. Anyone who wants can look out a second story or first story window, but that has limits where you can see.

NOTES

Anyone want to volunteer to be helping out in the kitchen?

Knowledge Nature DC 12, trained only:

These appear to be a feral dog with a bit of wolf in them. Maybe a quarter or an eighth.

Knowledge Local DC 20, trained only:

These dogs belong to the War-Wolves, a gang of crazy Ulfen thugs and mercenaries that live out 5 gates past High Road. The War-Wolves often use a pack of dogs to run down quarry while they follow behind.

Dinner at Grandmother's House:

At Grandmother's house dinner is not just a meal, it is a tradition.

It starts about 6pm when the various kids with jobs start coming home. Those who can bring food for the table, or toys for the little ones.

Grandmother brings out the main meal and for an hour or so the family talks about their day. Grandmother tells a story. Sometimes someone sings. The kids who are too young to go out talk about what they've been taught by an older kid that day. Anyone who can show something off does.

After dinner Grandmother kisses every child on the forehead and sees them off to baths or bed. Grandmother's kisses are special - not just a symbol of affection but imbued with healing power that soothe aches and heal scratches.

Minnow:

Minnow is thirteen (almost fourteen, as she'll be quick to tell you). She looked gnome sized when she came under Grandmother's care two years ago, a tiny urchin living in East Markets. Grandmother bought her home and fed her up, and discovered Minnow's Talent. Minnow can run. Minnow can run. Minnow can run faster than any other kid at Grandmother's house. She can slip through crowds "like a fish through water" - that, and her size, is where her name comes from.
Minnow is quick - but she's also grown a lot of size and muscle with regular feeding. She's cheerful, and friendly, and loyal. Generally no-one has a bad word to say about her... but no one has ever said anything good about her smarts either.
Minnow is trying to get a job as a runner, but she's been known to fall back on her old occupation of snatch-and-run thief.


Male Human (Varisian, Tian-Sing, Orc) Sorcerer 1 (Tattooed Sorcerer)

Aku had been helping Grandmother in the kitchen like he had done many times before. The first step always was simply lighting the fire, which meant snapping with his fingers and mumbling some words. Grandmother was always convinced it was good training for him but for Aku it wasn't even an effort these days.

When the shout came from outside Aku yelled for one of the other kids to come help him, specifically one big enough to be able to keep an eye on the food while he checked what was going on outside.

Leaving the who and what for the helping out to you as I'm not sure what is available in the legion of children


Sorry: map now in gameplay thread here


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Tarek barks Pepper, I'll race you... catch me if you can!

The young man then runs pall-mall towards Minnow's position, trying to get between her and the dogs.

Run action, move x 4 for 120ft. Deducting difficult terrain as needed. Acrobatics (part of move?) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24, trying to mitigate Difficult Terrain (hurdle over, vault, tip-toe, etc...) as long as it doesn't make the move less than without it.

Assuming Pepper has a blade/club handy.


    Male human Dirge Bard 4
HP 19/19 {effects: none} | AC 20 (T15 FF15) DR 2 (silver&magic)| F -1, R +9, W +3 | Init +5 | darkvision 60', Perception +10, Sense Motive +8
Dailies:
Bardic Performance 0/14r, Spells: 1st: 0/4, 2nd: 0/2

Nuala, you go relieve Aku in the kitchen, Anton told his sister before steping out into the street and moving towards the fleeing Minnow.

Double move down the street

Edit: I had forgotten to purchase equipment on my character. It has now been updated


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shaezon makes haste to the sound of trouble. He pauses for only a moment (full round) to summon and cast a spell (mage armor). Shaezon them attempts to put himself between the dogs and the younger child. Even picking up the child if possible.


Human Paladin 1 AC 19/11/18 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +2 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

At the first cry of alarm from Thom-Thom, Weyland drops what he was doing and darts outside to see what's the matter.

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

He moves to join Anton up the street.

"Come on Minnow, run!"

RAW: You can't run in difficult terrain acrobatics check or no.

Difficult Terrain:
Difficult terrain, such as heavy undergrowth, broken ground, or steep stairs, hampers movement. Each square of difficult terrain counts as 2 squares of movement. Each diagonal move into a difficult terrain square counts as 3 squares. You can't run or charge across difficult terrain.


Male Human Witch 1

Nicator has been sitting upstairs, petting his familiar, Itzala, as he reuses some paper to try and map out what he knows about Grandmother's disease. There must be a way to figure this out... Gods, but I need more resources! Perhaps Anton could find a scroll or two for me... Distracted, Nicator jumps at Thom-Thom's shout, scattering his carefully stacked papers around him. WIth a quick command to Itzala to stay inside, he stands and runs down the stairs, pushing through the croweded rooms as quickly as possible.

Double Move: Down the stairs and up the street.


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

Pepper sits on the front stoop, looking after the smaller children playing in the garden. He smiles wryly as a minor scuffle breaks out between two of the children over a reed hoop they have been sharing peacefully up until that point. Peace never lasts though does it? he thinks as the smaller of the two manages to wrestle the reed away from the other. The children are approaching him to settle things when Pepper is distracted by Thom Thom's shout. He stands tall on the stoop and manages to see Minnow running. He runs out into the street and, when he sees the dogs, pulls out the club he has stuffed into his belt in the small of his back. The club itself is merely a sturdy table leg with a short length of chain wrapped around the business end to give it more heft. Pepper easily slips around any people on the street as he runs after Tarek, "You'll get there first, but i'm the one those dogs will run from!"

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
I'll run as well if possible.


Alright guys, I've put you on the map. I'm okay with people moving their own token as long as they also post what they've done.

You can't run on difficult terrain, I let him run on normal terrain and then jump sideways into difficult terrain; I'll stick to RAW from now.


Aku Markas wrote:

Aku had been helping Grandmother in the kitchen like he had done many times before. The first step always was simply lighting the fire, which meant snapping with his fingers and mumbling some words. Grandmother was always convinced it was good training for him but for Aku it wasn't even an effort these days.

When the shout came from outside Aku yelled for one of the other kids to come help him, specifically one big enough to be able to keep an eye on the food while he checked what was going on outside.

Leaving the who and what for the helping out to you as I'm not sure what is available in the legion of children

I will try to document the legion. Did you want to take an action?


HP 1/9 | IN 5 | AC 17 | FF 10 | T 17 | F 1 | R 7 | W 1 | P 6 | M | Elf | Knife Master 1

Treize, like the others was otherwise indisposed when the alarm was sounded. He was lying in 'his' bed, eyes closed, and thinking. He could see it all, everything he ever really wanted: power. It was all just out of his reach, but that was changing, the way everything changes. It was up to Treize to make sure that things changed in just the right way.

It was at about this time that the alarm was sounded and Treize was on his feet quick enough. He made sure to grab his daggers from the night stand as he rose, keeping one out, and sheathing the other on his belt. Treize hurried himself over to the second story window to see what the issue was: and he immediately regretted getting out of bed. With an audible sigh, Treize made good speed down the stairs towards the front door.

"Dogs," he muttered to himself making his way to the door. "Of all the stupid..." he muttered, trailing off as he passed the group of children that was, no doubt, forming by the front door to see the commotion. Seeing that so many of them had already made good speed to the courtyard, and not really wanting to see 22 children raging to kill some dogs, Treize turned to whatever two children happened to be standing by the house door and pointed to each of them individually "you and you. Nobody else leaves this house. If they do, neither of you eats for a week," Treize threatened and before any kind of response could be given, the Elf was on his way again. He didn't have time to take the diplomatic route, though, to be honest, he was not especially concerned about four mangy dogs. Including himself, there were now 10 of the gang opposing four dogs which should be more than sufficient to deal with this 'threat'.

Still, Treize knew better than to charge in head first in this city of magicks. Things were never necessarily as they appeared to be.

Intimidate check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Perception to notice anything 'odd' about the dogs:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
And I edited my position on the map to H54.


@Treize:

The dogs have collars.


Minnow runs forward at top speed, aiming directly for Wayland's screaming encouragement and almost colliding with Pepper coming the other way.

Hot on her heels the dog advance, dodging past the careening Pepper to follow her down the street - The dogs aren't much faster than Minnow, but fast enough they would have just about caught her if Pepper hadn't been in the way.

As the dogs advance, running through the gate are four Ulfen men. All of them are wearing wolf - well dog - furs, and have a wolf-hood over their heads.
While they appear at first to be unarmed, each fist has a nasty looking leather glove spiked with fangs and claws.

NOTES
@Aku: I like you made sure the food was okay! Since you didn't leave the house Grandmother uses Scar on you (which means she can healing touch you at range if you need it).
@Pepper: you can have AoO on the dogs. Remember you only get one.
The dogs are running (quad move)

Knowledge Local 12:

These are members of the War-Wolves, a gang of crazy Ulfen thugs and mercenaries that live out 5 gates past High Road.
The War-Wolves often use a pack of dogs to run down quarry while they follow behind.
They're violent, tribal Ulfen who strongly try to imply they are Lycanthropes.
If you made 14+
Lead by Ragnar! Ragnar isn't the leader of the War-Wolves, but he is a "hero".
Rumour has it he's actually done the occasional mission back out to the real world.
Ragnar is inordinately proud of a magical gemstone that normally floats around his head - strange, it seems to be missing.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Call off the dogs, let's talk... What'd she do?

Speech as a free action?


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

Pepper narrowly avoids Minnow by slamming his shoulder into the garden wall next to him. He grimaces as he tries to make a big target to slow down the pursuing dogs. When one tries to slip past him, he uses his remaining momentum to swing his club at the blur darting by. The appearance of the War Wolves keeps Pepper from following the dogs. He settles into a crouch and spits out,

Ulfen:
"You come any further into our turf and I crack your skulls for you."

AOO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 sigh
Intimidate if appropriate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 sigh again
Ready an action to charge any War Wolf that comes within 30ft


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Know Local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shaezon uses his move action to get closer all the while looking around for anything club-like to use as a weapon. If he sees something he'll use mage hand (standard) to pull it to himself. (mage hand 30'range)

Perception 1d2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

He thinks to himself "I'll have to remember to always prepare something to use as an offensive spell. Apparently you never know when you might need it. "


HP 1/9 | IN 5 | AC 17 | FF 10 | T 17 | F 1 | R 7 | W 1 | P 6 | M | Elf | Knife Master 1

Treize moved quickly, seeing the newcomers up ahead, following what were, presumably, their dogs. He clicked his tongue in frustration. There was no room to maneuver, or really do much of anything. Not that there really was much to do at this point except try to get into the fray as quickly as he could. He doubted the invaders in the background would be able to hear him if he were to utter a threat of some kind and he similarly doubted they would care enough about it to heed the warning.

Defensive combat stance
Double move to H46 (I'm assuming each square is 5ft)


Human Paladin 1 AC 19/11/18 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +2 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

Weyland draws out his daggers and moves to H36, putting himself between Minnow and the trouble.


Male Human Witch 1

Nicator blinks in surprise as the Ulfen men run through the gate. Gods... what is going on here? As Weyland moves to guard Minnow, Nicator moves up to cover the child's side, attempting to ensure that ensuring that the dogs cannot This is stupid--extremely stupid... Better to let one of the stronger ones stand here...

Nic focuses on the link between him and his unknown patron. Focusing his gaze on the nearest dog, he wills it to go to sleep, his nostrils flaring with the effort required. "Minnow, get back!" he shouts as he exerts the needed mental effort, as he begins to try and find the pocket containing his sling.

Move Action: Move from H39 to I37
Standard Action: Slumber hex on the dog in I35. Dog gets a DC14 will save to negate. If it fails, the dog falls asleep for a round (In which case, have fun Weyland!)


Fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 The dog growls but continues.


Alright guys, 24 hour post cycle is up.

AoO from last round
Pepper lashes out at a Dog as it runs past him. The blow knocks the dog sideways, but it continues to bound on.

The men slow down as it becomes obvious that there is a resistance massing in front of them, and that this is a dead end. But ignoring Pepper's insults they do continue to move forward, forming into a line as they go.

Possibly in response to Tarek, possibly as good tactics one of the wolf-men whistles and the dogs halt almost comically and start backing up, growling and snapping.

Shaezon holds out a hand and Mrs Hewitt's gardening spade flies through the air and into his grip.

Slowly children start climbing out onto the roof of Grandmother's house, rocks, pots and cutlery in their hands. Grandmother herself opens up the shutters on the second story window.

What appears to be the leader of the wolf-men grins a sharp-toothed grin and speaks in a patois of Ulfen and Taldan - two Taldan words buried in Ulfen
"Thief. Rock."

Ulfen:

"The little thief b~!$@ snatched my magic rock and ran."

@Treize:

As Treize passes by Thom-Thom, still on guard, he hisses out quietly "What should I do?"

@Shaezon:

Has Shaezon cast mage armour? I'm okay with the spade being a club or a 2H improvised S/B weapon.

Given how well you rolled on Knowledge Local
Ragnar's rock is an Ioun Stone, rumored to have some sort of protective magic. It is supposedly worth thousands of gold.
Ragnar doesn't suffer thieves gladly.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

DM:

Shae casted Mage armor round 1. Mage armor is his bonded spell. As a full round action he can call and cast it even if it's not prepared by spending a slot of equal level.

Regarding the rock. Oh crap.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

What's the damage for a garden spade?


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Tarek is pleased, the immediate violence has paused. Weather it was because of his words or something else, it doesn't matter.

Thank you! For being reasonable.

I sincerest apologies. But, you get rock, we heal dogs... Peace for now. Neh?! No fighting. No bloodshed.

Tarek turns to Minnow, seeing her next to Shae.

Shaezon, I need a ROCK! Now, please.

This isn't meant as a diplomacy check per se, just a straight up offer in it's most basic sense. Tarek, knowing Minnow's habits... can figure she's the thief. He has no idea why she stole this guy's pet rock. He's dealing with what he knows.

He's directing himself to Shaezon because he's not a primary combatant... and not currently in the front line. And, that was my action/turn... not free speech.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shae holds out his hand to Minnow.


Minnow, all but collapsing against Shaezon, gives him a betrayed look and whispers

Shaezon Weyland Anton Nicator:

"His rock might cure Grandmother"

but nevertheless hands over a blue gemstone


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shaezon examines the rock with detect magic briefly only to determine they school of magic on it.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 Added Racial +2 for determining magic item properties.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Perception DC 21, 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 - whispered conversation 60 ft away.

If it is not whispered, then probably DC 6 or 16.


    Male human Dirge Bard 4
HP 19/19 {effects: none} | AC 20 (T15 FF15) DR 2 (silver&magic)| F -1, R +9, W +3 | Init +5 | darkvision 60', Perception +10, Sense Motive +8
Dailies:
Bardic Performance 0/14r, Spells: 1st: 0/4, 2nd: 0/2

Anton stays where he is, keeping an eye on the dogs and the Ulfen gang, readying to act if necessary.

Ready action to cast Murderous Command DC 15 on an enemy (perhaps the second one, to allow it to attack the first) that gets within range (25 ft) should hostilities continue.

Sorry I hadn't posted, I was looking on my Campaigns page to see if there were any updates and, for some reason it wasn't showing any. I only found out when the discussion page did show an update and I noticed some stuff unrelated to what had happened in gameplay the last time I checked, lol.


@Tarek. Whispered, DC 21 as you observe
@Shaezon. Use it as a club. On reflection it is much better than an improvised weapon

@Shaezon:

It'll take a while to fully identify. 1st action is detect, which gets you a faint aura of conjuration. It'd take longer to confirm, but it could well be an Ioun Stone version of a Periapt of Health... which would make it worth around 300 lbs of gold. It does seem to be cracked though, which could seriously lower its power and retail value.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Harakani DM wrote:

@Tarek. Whispered, DC 21 as you observe

@Shaezon. Use it as a club. On reflection it is much better than an improvised weapon
** spoiler omitted **

I was only looking for the first round information, school in this case.

Shaezon looks to the rock contemplatively then "accidentally" drops it. Shouldn't be too hard to fake at this distance.

Bluff 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

He then scoops it up turning his back to the Ulfen men. Blocking his actions using his own body Shaezon picks up the magic stone and another mundane stone. With a quick prestidigitation he makes the non-magical stone as close to the color of the magical one as possible. It'll last an hour. (He usually has prestidigitation going for cleaning and what not, so it was probably already active.) Also shae slides the real one into a pocket.

He then stands and presents the fake stone saying in common"Sorry. See good as new." He'll then use Prestidigation to make the fake stone rotate around his head for a moment before snatching out of the air and holding it palm up. In a display of really inferior phycial ability Shaezon throws the stone as far as he can at the Ulfen, but really off to one side prefably so it slides down a hill or something.

Thrown weapon1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Harakani DM wrote:

@Tarek. Whispered, DC 21 as you observe

@Shaezon. Use it as a club. On reflection it is much better than an improvised weapon
** spoiler omitted **

I was only looking for the first round information, school in this case.

Shaezon looks to the rock contemplatively then "accidentally" drops it. Shouldn't be too hard to fake at this distance.

Bluff 1d20+0

He then scoops it up turning his back to the Ulfen men. Blocking his actions using his own body Shaezon picks up the magic stone and another mundane stone. With a quick prestidigitation he makes the non-magical stone as close to the color of the magical one as possible. It'll last an hour. (He usually has prestidigitation going for cleaning and what not, so it was probably already active.) Also shae slides the real one into a pocket.

He then stands and presents the fake stone saying in common"Sorry. See good as new." He'll then use Prestidigation to make the fake stone rotate around his head for a moment before snatching out of the air and holding it palm up. In a display of really inferior phycial ability Shaezon throws the stone as far as he can at the Ulfen, but really off to one side prefably so it slides down a hill or something.

Thrown weapon1d20+3

See discussion thread about "number of actions."


Male Human (Varisian, Tian-Sing, Orc) Sorcerer 1 (Tattooed Sorcerer)

Once Anton's sister had taken over Aku rushed outside. There he found the rest of older kids facing off against some idiot Ulfen. He moved in behind them, "Please bring me up to speed, what's going on?"

He held his hands ready to burn those idiot Norsemen if they dared approach.


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

Ulfen:
"We'll get your pebble back, but you come closer and some of you will die. Maybe we lose, but this is our home and we'll fight for it."

Pepper flips his club over the back of his hand in a obviously practiced move.


HP 1/9 | IN 5 | AC 17 | FF 10 | T 17 | F 1 | R 7 | W 1 | P 6 | M | Elf | Knife Master 1

"Go back to the house. Kill anything that gets past us," Treize responded to Thom-Thom, he didn't even look back to see if his order was being acted upon. He spoke calmly, coldly, and quietly, though not as quiet as a whisper. There was no need to whisper, the Ulfen were still nearly a hundred feet off. He continued his advance towards the Ulfen, and crossed the street coming to where the rest of his comrades were huddled around Minnow.

Treize said nothing, as there was little to say. Clearly Minnow had stolen something, a rock evidently, and now they wanted it back. Idiot girl, Treize thought to himself. Theft in and of itself was a somewhat useless practice in the eyes of the Elf. Essentially, he had no real interest in the gold acquired through thievery except insofar as it furthered some greater end. Thievery with a purpose, however, becomes somewhat more acceptable, though was usually too risky to be taken seriously as an option. Most people care far too much for their things; they'll fight tooth and claw to get that meaningless trinket you stole back if for no other reason than to satisfy their own ego. Of course thievery could always be tolerated when survival was at stake because, well, anyone who chooses death over stealing a loaf of bread deserves to die. Thus to be caught doing something so petty, to Treize, was...unacceptable. If you are going to steal, for any reason at all, you make damned sure you're competent enough as a thief to do it without getting caught. Otherwise, you deserve whatever fate the Gods cook up for you.

Treize gave Minnow a disapproving glare. Everybody is now threatened because of the stupid girl's rash actions. He would protect her, of course, even if for no other reason than because the gang could not appear weak before others. Weakness was death, or worse, in this world. He would, however, make sure she was aware of his disapproval later, once the imminent threat was dealt with.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Shae! My word is my bond!

Tarek seems impatient, it is not like him to be so forceful.


Shaezon takes the rock from Minnow, says something and looks at it

Shaezon says:

Perception roll to hear Shaezon cast (intruders) = DC 10 (0 + 10 for range) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Spellcraft roll to understand = DC 15 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Similar rolls apply if people want to know. Perception is easier the closer you are

The War Wolves walk towards Pepper, getting up close to him, but not raising their clawed fists yet. They are not threatening AoO
Their dogs continue to retrun to their masters - though they give Pepper, or at least Pepper’s club, plenty of room - especially the limping dog.
As they approach they start to chant
”We are War Wolves!”
The War Wolves howl in unison

Ulfen:

”We go where we want! When we want!"
The leader continues "Give us the rock and the girl and we choose to go away.”
The growling voice, lack of personal space and howling presses in on Pepper
Intimidate from War Wolf 1 on Pepper DC 10 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Intimidate from War Wolf 2 on Pepper DC 10 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Intimidate from War Wolf 3 on Pepper DC 10 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Intimidate from War Wolf Leader on Pepper DC 10 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

NOTES
Anton has readied murderous command
@Aku: I put you on the map - hope it was right - for running out of the house. Two kids tried to stop you on Treize’s orders, but I will assume you countermanded.

@Pepper:

Pepper is shaken for three round (best roll, not cumulative)
While the War Wolves are scary, Pepper is good enough at stand over tactics to know they aren’t coordinating. They’re also letting him back off.
Can I get a diplomacy and profession:thug roll please.


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Tiko-Tako Ya-ya-ya... I get it.

Let's all calm down. Tarek speaks as he steps out into the street and moves to stand beside Pepper. His hands are up, empty. He is unarmed and unarmored.

Like I said, you get rock... we heal the dogs. And, you can have me. You or one of your men against me. One on one, until one is down. No one else involved.

Deal?

Tarek doesn't understand Ulfen. He's just putting skin in the game.


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

Profession Thug: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Diplomacy:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shae will continue with his plan. DM can allocate actions.


Sorry Shae
Shae drops the rock and picks it up

Shae:
You rolled bluff, but I think Sleight of Hand might be more appropriate, and that would be 12. Adding distance modifiers and cover that'd be about 25 for the invaders to see. Sound okay?

Pepper:

Profession: The war wolves seem to know what they're doing in a fight, but they're amateurs at Thuggery. That means they're more likely to fight when they don't need to. They're also likely not to realise the importance of controlling the situation. They've got all their guys at the front and no-one watching their backs. Most of them are watching you and Tarek. Probably because you speak their language.
Guys like this probably respect strength and get into "who's tougher" competitions, but aren't actually psychos.
Of course this is more of a jumble of memories and experience for Pepper (rather than an analysis).


Male Human Sensei-Four Winds 3

Does that mean they'll likely take Tarek's challenge? Good thing I posted it before the "analysis".


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Sleight of hand to pick up magic and mundane rocks 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

That's fair enough, but also remember he's got his back to them blocking his actions with his body. They can't actually see what he's doing.


Human Paladin 1 AC 19/11/18 / HP 13/13 / F +4 R +1 W +2 / Init. +1 / Perc. +0 / Sense Motive +0

Weyland will back Shaezon's play.

Of course, once the magic wears off and the wolves realized they've been duped they'll probably come back with reinforcements...


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Weyland Piper wrote:

Weyland will back Shaezon's play.

Of course, once the magic wears off and the wolves realized they've been duped they'll probably come back with reinforcements...

Burn that bridge when we get to it.


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

Pepper sniffs and seems to look back at the dogs backing off. As he does so he makes gestures while staring at Weyland. It is up to the GM if I can convey the following spoiler at this distance

gestures:
Pepper points at the hedges and then around behind himself. It seems that he wants you to sneak around behind the War Wolves.

Pepper turns back around to the War Wolves,
Ulfen:
"At least you are smart enough to call your dogs back. I'll tell you what. You'll get your stone back, but for the girl we'll have to do a little wager. Like my boy said," Pepper tilts his head towards Tarek, "one of you against him in a bare knuckles fight. Or we can see how tough the Wolves really are and one of your henchmen can take a chance with me bare knuckles. Either way, no one dies."


Male Human Witch 1

Nicator, a bit confused at how events are transpiring, carefully walks closer, trying to look as unthreatening as possible. Best to stay prepared for whatever happens... Gods Tarek, what are you thinking here? He glances causally to the side, gauging the dogs. One of them shook off a sleep charm earlier, but that may have been a fluke. At least I have another shot if need be. Cautiously, he clears his throat. "Pepper, would you mind translating for us? It's a bit hard to gauge what they're saying right now." And hopefully we won't have to fight... I'd hate to have those dogs strike at me, but I must be on hand. I suppose a mist might do if we need to run, but they've seen Grandmother's house. Gods! What have you done, Minnow?

Move Action: Move from I37 to I31.
Move Action: Move from I31 to H28

Relinking map to save on scrolling up: MAP


Male Ulfen Urban Barbarian/1 HP: 15/15(17) Init: +2 Perc: +3 AC: 15(13) TAC: 12(10) FFAC: 13 CMD: 16(18) F: +6(8)/R: +2/W:-1(+1)

Pepper will translate next round, if we are not fighting then. Feels like a lot to say in A round otherwise.

1 to 50 of 906 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Leviathan Rises Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.